PDA

View Full Version : The most interesting district in 3a!

WillsPointgradTJC
08-15-2002, 07:13 PM
In my opinion it is 12-3a and it all centers around Forney! Will the prove that they weren’t a one man show our will the be a big disappointment like the Kaufman of last year. I see WP's old district rivalry Crandall coming out on top because living this close to Forney I hear a lot and none of it is positive, they lost more then a RB this year and from where I stand it might be bad! Don’t be surprised when Ferris or W/H takes them down but I will also not be surprised when they prove that they are just THAT DAMN GOOD!

Matthew328
08-15-2002, 07:55 PM
Actually this district is 13-3A...I know Jacket doesn't agree with me..but in my opinion this one comes down to Forney and Hutch...everyone else will fight it out for third...as I have said Forney will be fine...and keep an eye on Hutch..they have what could be one of the best defenses in the state...they have a bevy of good backs and a very talented reciever..if they can find a QB look out..remember Hutch and Crandall hooked up in Rd 2 last year and it was a TOTAL mismatch..I do give Crandall the slight nod for third over the rest..

Jacket2000
08-15-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by WillsPointgradTJC:
In my opinion it is 12-3a and it all centers around Forney! Will the prove that they weren’t a one man show our will the be a big disappointment like the Kaufman of last year. I see WP's old district rivalry Crandall coming out on top because living this close to Forney I hear a lot and none of it is positive, they lost more then a RB this year and from where I stand it might be bad! Don’t be surprised when Ferris or W/H takes them down but I will also not be surprised when they prove that they are just THAT DAMN GOOD!

I disagree. I think Forney takes this district without much trouble. The Rabbits will beat Crandal on mental hurdles alone and Ferris had a grand total of 46 players out for 2-a-days. I dont put much stock in Hutch, as Matt will tell ya, and Kaufman and the DISD schools probably wont do much anyway.
J2K

WillsPointgradTJC
08-15-2002, 11:42 PM
just a question, but why are you so up on forney. I was at the Evermen game and it could have been worse, they fell apart when the the first evermen guy caught blanton. If you remember me from last year I was the guy that talked about my freshmen year when I got my knee blown out in forney then got booed of the feild by there fans, so there is some ill-will there but take it from a guy who knows alot of the players from forney they are not the same team they were and they lack leadership. The giant will fall!

Matthew328
08-16-2002, 12:17 AM
Forney fell apart when Everamn caught Blanton?? Come on...Forney played a heck of a game..coming back from 14-3 and 21-9 down..they showed a lot of heart and charecter especially on that last drive converting 3 straight 4th downs....Forney has a very good QB back...they won't make the big plays like last year but they have a good line and a couple of real good recievers and a solid defense...if you think Forney will fall I think you aren't being very objective..personal feelings aside if you took an honest look at Forney they are gonna be good..

Jacket2000
08-16-2002, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by WillsPointgradTJC:
just a question, but why are you so up on forney. I was at the Evermen game and it could have been worse, they fell apart when the the first evermen guy caught blanton. If you remember me from last year I was the guy that talked about my freshmen year when I got my knee blown out in forney then got booed of the feild by there fans, so there is some ill-will there but take it from a guy who knows alot of the players from forney they are not the same team they were and they lack leadership. The giant will fall!
I know the Forney program fairly well myself, and one thing Ive noticed is they always find a way to reload. Now, without Blanton and without Maxfield, they probably won't be 10-0 heading into the playoffs, but they've beaten many of the 13-3a teams for years. I dont see why the trend should change this year.
As for the Everman game...were you watching the same game I was? In the game I saw(the one at Pennington Field)Forney gave Everman all they wanted and a little bit more. Actually, only 2 other teams(both were 4A) gace Everman a tougher game than Forney and Forney scored more points on Everman's "D" than anyone else; and to tell the truth, if Forney gets that extra yard on their last drive, I think Forney wins that game.
J2K

eye of the tiger
08-16-2002, 11:23 AM
I think Forney will do well this year. They play good tough football. I wish them well and glad they are no longer in Commerce's district.

vet93
08-16-2002, 01:27 PM
I think that in Region I the most interesting district is 3-3a. It will be interesting to see if Carrillo can lead Sweetwater to the promised land. Snyder is intersting because they are a team that drops down a classification and have alot of returning starters. Lamesa has a strong history of late and returns a good group of athletes that look to improve on last years performance. Merkel may surprise some people. They were competitive last year against Wylie, Sweetwater and Ballinger and return a good group. They also had a pretty strong JV last year. Denver City is not as strong as years past but could be dangerous and Seminole has a good chance to be better than last year. Top to bottom this is easily the strongest district in Region I.

Ranger Mom
08-16-2002, 01:47 PM
I have to agree with you about 3-3A. Thank God we aren't there anymore. We will meet before district though, with three of the teams you mentioned. Sweetwater, Ballinger and Snyder. If Greenwood can stay healthy after meeting up with all of ya'll, we should do pretty good in district!! We'll see ya in a few weeks!!

coug81
08-16-2002, 04:54 PM
matt, Forney lost all of their recievers
so they are not strong in that area. line play will be good if not better but they have
no wide outs. the defense will be solid up
front but they also lost 3 out of 4 dbs.they
do not have a sub 4.6 guy on the team.

Bulldog92
08-16-2002, 05:49 PM
I think that 20-3A should be somewhat interesting with two top 10's in Jasper and Newton and a solid Diboll team that is a playoff caliber team in its own right. It drops off some after that with Kirbyville, Woodville, and Huntington. I think it shakes out like this:

1. Jasper (9-1...@PNG scares me, but the Dogs should beat Newton in Jasper)
2. Newton (9-1...loss at Jasper costs them district title)
3. Diboll (7-3)
4. Kirbyville (6-4)
5. Woodville (4-6)
6. Huntington (2-8)

fatcat255
08-16-2002, 11:17 PM
District 16-3A. May not be the best, but certainly interesting!

Chapel Hill & Carthage both dropping down from tough 4A districts.

Rusk & Center moving into Region 2 from Region 3.

Tatum and it's Run-n-Shoot offense.

Bullard and it's improving program.

This could be the "Surprise" district of Region 2.

Matthew328
08-16-2002, 11:34 PM
True they lost thier recievers from last year but from what I have heard Forney has some excellent recievers that can play...and from what I saw in 7 on 7 thier recievers will be just fine..they also have a couple of good guys to carry the ball..certianly no Blanton but Crabtree and Laury will be ok..and with a better passing game Forney will still score points..

Rabbit_93
08-17-2002, 12:33 AM
Hey WPgrad you said that you got booed off the field when you got hurt? Come on now! Why in the world would we boo you after an injury. I've played in and watched several football games and have never seen anyone booed after being injured in Forney. We cheer! just kidding. It sounds to me like sour grapes.

As far as Forney's team this year, there might be a slow down somewhat early but I know come district we'll be just fine.

Your tigers are stacking up fairly well this year also. Good luck

eye of the tiger
08-17-2002, 09:13 AM
Good article about Forney in the Dallas Morning News today.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/highschools/football/stories/081702dnspohsfb3a.3e55.html