PDA

View Full Version : La Grange Gonzales week three

Pudlugger
09-16-2006, 07:33 AM
The Leps have managed 3 wins. However they have not dominated, rather they have managed to pull out the win by a td in each game. This makes for exciting , if not nerve racking football. Against Yoakum, La Grange had a spectacular first half but couldn't put a whole game together allowing the Bulldogs back into it in the third and fourth quarters. The Leps always play Gonzales well at home and hopefully Friday night will not prove to be the exception. As the Leps gain more confidence and experience they should cut down on the mental errors and penalties that have kept their opposition close in the past three games. Gonzales will be hungry for the win and the Leps must stay focused.

La Grange 31
Gonzales 14

Old Green
09-16-2006, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
The Leps have managed 3 wins. However they have not dominated, rather they have managed to pull out the win by a td in each game. This makes for exciting , if not nerve racking football. Against Yoakum, La Grange had a spectacular first half but couldn't put a whole game together allowing the Bulldogs back into it in the third and fourth quarters. The Leps always play Gonzales well at home and hopefully Friday night will not prove to be the exception. As the Leps gain more confidence and experience they should cut down on the mental errors and penalties that have kept their opposition close in the past three games. Gonzales will be hungry for the win and the Leps must stay focused.

La Grange 31
Gonzales 14 This is going to be a hard game to predict. Gonzales always play the Leopards heads up.

I knew La Grange was going to be a good team as witnessed in their scrimmage with Cuero. Haven't heard too much on this years Gonzales team.

Pudlugger
09-16-2006, 06:20 PM
Gonzales has given La Grange the most trouble in their own house. In La Grange they have had some difficulty. Home field advantage or just a coincidence? I gon't know, but I think the Leps are due to break out on offense. This would be a good game to do that.

ILS1
09-16-2006, 07:00 PM
I went to the Hutto/Gonzales game last night and didn't expect much from them after what I've been hearing about them. But the Apaches really surprised me. They brought their A game. They played very hard and hung tough. 1st Qtr Hutto had the ball for 5 1/2 minutes and scored. Gonzales then held the ball for 7 1/2 minutes and were turned away by the Hippos D. Penalties also hampered their first drive even Hutto had a TD called back. Penalties hurt both teams the whole game. Their QB has a great,accurate arm and threw for 200 yards. Their TB was quick and ran hard. Their receivers have good hands. They didn't give up even when they got down 35-0. I think if they get things rolling and cut out the mistakes they will surprise some people. Good luck to the Apaches the rest of the season.

Old Tiger
09-16-2006, 07:02 PM
17-7 LG

gobbler grad
09-16-2006, 08:23 PM
I give LaGrange the edge...hope Gonzales comes around in district...:thinking:

Haunta Yo
09-16-2006, 08:39 PM
Viva los Apaches!!!

Pudlugger
09-16-2006, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo
Viva los Apaches!!!

Hey, Haunta good to see you back on the 'Low.

Haunta Yo
09-17-2006, 09:02 AM
My name's Haunta Yo and I'm a incorrect speller.
I've been spelling messages correctly for over 3 months now.
I'd like to thank everyone that's helped me work through these trying times.

Pudlugger
09-17-2006, 09:40 AM
I'd like to thank everyone that's helped me work through these trying times.

:D

Old Green
09-17-2006, 12:19 PM
I'd like to thank everyone that's helped me work through these trying times. :D :clap:

What's up Haunta YO ?

Enlighten us on Gonzales on the game with LaGrange:)

sabre1
09-18-2006, 12:48 AM
This game should be about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Pudlugger
09-18-2006, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by sabre1
This game should be about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Michelangelo was a painter.:D

HipposGitErDun
09-18-2006, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
I went to the Hutto/Gonzales game last night and didn't expect much from them after what I've been hearing about them. But the Apaches really surprised me. They brought their A game. They played very hard and hung tough. 1st Qtr Hutto had the ball for 5 1/2 minutes and scored. Gonzales then held the ball for 7 1/2 minutes and were turned away by the Hippos D. Penalties also hampered their first drive even Hutto had a TD called back. Penalties hurt both teams the whole game. Their QB has a great,accurate arm and threw for 200 yards. Their TB was quick and ran hard. Their receivers have good hands. They didn't give up even when they got down 35-0. I think if they get things rolling and cut out the mistakes they will surprise some people. Good luck to the Apaches the rest of the season.
I agree with this poster. After Gonzales lost big to Rockdale, I was assuming they could not be very good. Last Friday in Hutto, they played hard and have some pretty good skill players. I have not seen LaGrange this year, but am glad to hear that they have improved over the last few seasons. No prediction from this Hippo fan, but I like both programs and hope for a safe and entertaining game.

Pudlugger
09-19-2006, 12:14 AM
La Grange has played Hutto 4 times:2002 & 2003 La Grange beat the Hippos; 2004 and 2005 the Hippos beat La Grange. 2002 the Leps went 11-2 losing to Marlin in the third round and in 2003 9-4 losing to Marlin again in the third round. The Leps had an off year going 2-8 in 2004. They got a new coach and a whole new offensive scheme - the spread and went 4-6 in 2005. This year they are playing with authority and have been able to execute well on the new offense. I see them competing well for a playoff spot in what many feel is the toughest district in 3a D23. Go Leps!

hookandladder
09-19-2006, 06:39 AM
La Grange has played Hutto 4 times:2002 & 2003 La Grange beat the Hippos; 2004 and 2005 the Hippos beat La Grange. 2002 the Leps went 11-2 losing to Marlin in the third round and in 2003 9-4 losing to Marlin again in the third round. The Leps had an off year going 2-8 in 2004. They got a new coach and a whole new offensive scheme - the spread and went 4-6 in 2005. This year they are playing with authority and have been able to execute well on the new offense. I see them competing well for a playoff spot in what many feel is the toughest district in 3a D23. Go Leps!

La Grange is definitely making improvement, however the kids need to focus on the books also. 3 starters satout last game because of not taking care of business in the classroom. Give Coach Walker credit for sending a message to the kids that if you do not take care of school work, you will not play. As for the game Friday- LG 21 - Gonzales-10.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-19-2006, 05:38 PM
La Grange sould beat gonzales, they sould be 4-0 after this week, depending on who they play next? The leps could be 5-0.
The leps have not played a team the caliber of Giddings or Bellville. What are the records of the teams vs La Grange?
Sealy 0-3, dont know the rest maybe someone can help Lockhart, and Yoakum? What is Gonzales record?

Pudlugger
09-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
La Grange sould beat gonzales, they sould be 4-0 after this week, depending on who they play next? The leps could be 5-0.
The leps have not played a team the caliber of Giddings or Bellville. What are the records of the teams vs La Grange?
Sealy 0-3, dont know the rest maybe someone can help Lockhart, and Yoakum? What is Gonzales record?

Lockhart is 2-1 in 4A
Yoakum is 1-2
Sealy 0-3 lost to Bellville, Rice and La Grange
Gonzales 0-3 lost to Rockdale, Lockhart and Hutto
La Grange has a bye next week and plays Luling (1-2 losing to Rice and Wimberley, beating Poteet) Oct 6.

In defense of Sealy and Gonzales they have faced some very tough competetion. Lockhart beat Gonzales 22-19.

Bull19
09-19-2006, 08:40 PM
Lockhart is 2-1 in 4A
Yoakum is 1-2
Sealy 0-3 lost to Bellville, Rice and La Grange
Gonzales 0-3 lost to Rockdale, Lockhart and Hutto
La Grange has a bye next week and plays Luling (1-2 losing to Rice and Wimberley, beating Poteet) Oct 6.

In defense of Sealy and Gonzales they have faced some very tough competetion. Lockhart beat Gonzales 22-19.

ARE YOU IMPLINING SEALY AND GONZALES HAVE GOOD DEFENSES? BECAUSE IF U R IM GOING TO HAVE TO COMPLETELY DISAGREE WITH YOU.

Pudlugger
09-19-2006, 11:59 PM
First, please don't post in caps on this board. It implies you're shouting which is rude.

Second, I'm just stating the fact that these two teams have faced tough opposition in that they are 0-3. That should be considered if you are assessing how good they are. You are the one bringing up defenses, not I. Disagree if you like but you're arguing with yourself here.:rolleyes:

Pudlugger
09-20-2006, 11:15 PM
Any Gonzales fans out there? I would appreciate any info regarding the Apaches this season. I heard from a Hutto fan that the Qb has a strong arm and the Rb is fast and tough. Good receivers too.:)

Pudlugger
09-22-2006, 03:12 PM
ttt