PDA

View Full Version : Wylie vs. Graham

sweetwater07
09-15-2006, 11:11 PM
wylie played a good game...both offenses look like they need some work...gary edwards is wylies only impact

thewyliefan
09-16-2006, 12:19 AM
yea but what team doesn't need work. And Gary being an impact player....no wwaaaayyy haha. Graham was a good team played hard but so did wylie. I think Edwards had 2 rushing TD's

VWG
09-16-2006, 09:25 AM
Graham started not one.... but TWO freshman. Amazing. I've never seen a team that I can remember start two freshman on varsity.

injuredinmelee
09-16-2006, 09:53 AM
was anyone else just bored to death watching this game last night? If my kids hadnt wanted to stay and paly with their friends i would have left at halftime.

GWOOD
09-16-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by VWG
Graham started not one.... but TWO freshman. Amazing. I've never seen a team that I can remember start two freshman on varsity.

Actually VWG, Greenwood started 3 freshman in 2004. They are juniors this year. One of those freshman won the QB job when our SR QB went down with a broken leg in a scrimmage. The junior and senior classes in 2004 had some good athletes--just not very deep. So there were some openings for good athletes, especially in the offensive line. This year the opposite has happened. We have a lot of quality athletes in our junior and senior classes and we only have two sophomores on the roster.

But you're right. It doesn't happen often--especially for the larger enrollment schools of 3A.

Adidas410s
09-16-2006, 10:30 AM
I know I've mentioned this...but the more I think about it, the more I'm starting to think that Wylie is going to have a very good defense with an offense that does just enough to get the W. I guess we'll see in the next few weeks as they play Frenship and Wimberley, both of whom should have better offenses than what Wylie has played so far.

VWG
09-16-2006, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Actually VWG, Greenwood started 3 freshman in 2004. They are juniors this year. One of those freshman won the QB job when our SR QB went down with a broken leg in a scrimmage. The junior and senior classes in 2004 had some good athletes--just not very deep. So there were some openings for good athletes, especially in the offensive line. This year the opposite has happened. We have a lot of quality athletes in our junior and senior classes and we only have two sophomores on the roster.

But you're right. It doesn't happen often--especially for the larger enrollment schools of 3A.

That is amazing. The last time I remember any freshman getting playing time on varsity was a kid from Breckenridge a few years back... think his name was Larry Huitt? Anyway... it just surprises me that Graham, enrollment around 760 and never has a problem with numbers for their program, has two freshman playing on varsity. Even if one of them is Colt McCoy's little brother.

Gobbla2001
09-16-2006, 10:41 AM
2A Ganado is starting a lot of fish... got their first win last night 8-6 over Louise...