PDA

View Full Version : 84-10 ??

Gobbler Fan
09-15-2006, 10:07 PM
Is this the correct final score for the LH game ?

LH-84
Gatesville-10

hutex04
09-15-2006, 10:08 PM
i hope liberty hill tried to avoid that kinda score

pirate4state
09-15-2006, 10:09 PM
last I heard (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50628&perpage=15&pagenumber=1) the score was 70-10...haven't heard back from LHPM

MagicMan
they had to run up the score. thats the only way they'll get in the top 10. this bcs system sure does ruin sportsmanship.

Gobbler Fan
Why would you score 84 point's on another team ?

lostaussie
call them dogs off!!!!!!! thats a beating:doh:

Gobbler Fan
09-15-2006, 10:10 PM
Isint Coach Reeve from Gatesville ?

pirate4state
Originally posted by MagicMan
they had to run up the score. thats the only way they'll get in the top 10. this bcs system sure does ruin sportsmanship. :rolleyes: Maybe Gatesville just couldn't stop them? How is that running up the score?

TheDOCTORdre
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Why would you score 84 point's on another team ?
because you can :D

hutex04
09-15-2006, 10:11 PM
god could u imagine highschool football with a bcs system. Talk about a massacre

District303aPastPlayer
if they couldnt stop the run, how is it their fault?

Gobbler Fan
To each their own i guess .....

theyoefnshow
this is insane! Til I see this on highlights or in print....I'ma find this hard to believe.....No way any team gets 84 points unless thestarters are in there from start to finish. Also....WHY go for 2 when you are up 55-3? Somethin doesn't sound right unless it was a bobbled snap.

Buckeyeman
Did they keep all their starters in the entire game?

pirate4state
09-15-2006, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Buckeyeman
Did they keep all their starters in the entire game? NO!

MagicMan
09-15-2006, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
this is insane! Til I see this on highlights or in print....I'ma find this hard to believe.....No way any team gets 84 points unless thestarters are in there from start to finish. Also....WHY go for 2 when you are up 55-3? Somethin doesn't sound right unless it was a bobbled snap.
lol. you're just scared cuz LH is in yalls district. no playoffs for cameron this year

SintonFan
09-15-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Buckeyeman
Did they keep all their starters in the entire game?
Third stringers in the second quarter!:eek:
j/k

TheDOCTORdre
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
Also....WHY go for 2 when you are up 55-3?
just to screw with the other team...or maybe as practice, there may come a time when you need a 2 pt conversion in a real game, and you want to try it out in a real game situation

District303aPastPlayer
seriously, if you cant stop Liberty Hill's run attack... be prepared for near triple digits. They run the ball. They are able to plug in their 3rd string running back, and score a TD if you cant stop the run. they are DEEP at running back, remember

theyoefnshow
sorry homie, no fear at all in Cameron, I assure you that. And you can mark my words, Cameron WILL be in playoffs.

Gobbler Fan
09-15-2006, 10:14 PM
This same scenario was brought up on another board about the same team last year . Seem's they like to play their starters 4 quarter's .....Just to keep them sharp of course :rolleyes:

pirate4state
09-15-2006, 10:15 PM
Deb's 8th grade son was playing in the 3rd qtr! :cool:

hutex04
09-15-2006, 10:16 PM
blank

pirate4state
09-15-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
This same scenario was brought up on another board about the same team last year . Seem's they like to play their starters 4 quarter's .....Just to keep them sharp of course :rolleyes:

Why risk injury to your players with that score? It makes no sense!

District303aPastPlayer
09-15-2006, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by hutex04
I dont know, to be honest that really bothers me putting up 84 points on a team like that. They should have called it a game when it was 70-10.

dude, some teams just dont bring it all tot he table. its not a reason to blame another team. blame gatesville for this loss. honestly. they didnt stop the run. liberty hill's D scores 3 TDs and you blame them? what do you tell the kids? hey, dont play? throw an INT?

pirate4state
09-15-2006, 10:18 PM
I dont know, to be honest that really bothers me putting up 84 points on a team like that. They should have called it a game when it was 70-10. This is FOOTBALL!!!! Is LH suppose to kneel the ball 3 times and just had it over? WTH?? I'm gonna leave this alone now. You are entitled to your opinion.

hutex04
09-15-2006, 10:18 PM
84-10=74 point difference

TheDOCTORdre
09-15-2006, 10:20 PM
I'm impressed

lostaussie
09-15-2006, 10:22 PM
if this score is true, count me as NOT IMPRESSED! How could any coach allow his team to put 84 points on someone. But i wont jump to conclusions till the score is final dayum, i hope its final. LH may have just scored again:D. personally, i don't care how many you score as long as you do it with backups. Gilmer will bring in 2nd and 3rd teamers, but they do not change the offense, no matter the score.

espn1
09-15-2006, 10:28 PM
if this score is true, count me as NOT IMPRESSED! How could any coach allow his team to put 84 points on someone. But i wont jump to conclusions till the score is final You'll be even more unimpressed after they stomp Huttos a$$. LH has a good team this year.

hutex04
09-15-2006, 10:30 PM
not gonna happen. Hutto actually has a defense

MagicMan
09-15-2006, 10:31 PM
remind me of how many points that defense held LH to last year

hutex04
09-15-2006, 10:32 PM
49, which is alot better than 84 haha

KTA
09-15-2006, 10:33 PM
No way any team gets 84 points unless thestarters are in there from start to finish.

we scored 71 at halftime my SR yr.

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2006, 10:36 PM
All of you that want to piss and moan about the score need to chill. What in the HELL do you do when you score 3 DEFENSIVE touchdowns within the first half of the 3rd quarter, and almost a 4th? Good grief! 3rd string defensive guy recovered a fumble in the 4th quarter. Defensive guys were playing offense.

No, I don't like the score. I rang my bell when Gatesville scored their TD. Trust me, we did not TRY to score 84 points.

Gatesville guys....way to never give up to the end! :clap:

hutex04
09-15-2006, 10:37 PM
sorry mom, i jumped to conclusions. Very good win for yall. I just hate seeing scores like that. But I understand that yall did not mean for it to get out of hand like that. Good luck next week with Cuero

District303aPastPlayer
09-15-2006, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
All of you that want to piss and moan about the score need to chill. What in the HELL do you do when you score 3 DEFENSIVE touchdowns within the first half of the 3rd quarter, and almost a 4th? Good grief! 3rd string defensive guy recovered a fumble in the 4th quarter. Defensive guys were playing offense.

No, I don't like the score. I rang my bell when Gatesville scored their TD. Trust me, we did not TRY to score 84 points.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
09-15-2006, 10:39 PM
Ya know..when you have your 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th stringer in....how can you tell them not to score??

This may be their only chance!!

TheDOCTORdre
09-15-2006, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Ya know..when you have your 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th stringer in....how can you tell them not to score??

good point

MagicMan
09-15-2006, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

no they have next week against cuero.

Ranger Mom
09-15-2006, 10:42 PM

Well, you know how the old saying goes...."Don't put of until tomorow what you can do TODAY!!

TheDOCTORdre
09-15-2006, 10:43 PM
if the 3rd and 4th string get to play against cuero, that will be a shocker

MagicMan
09-15-2006, 10:49 PM
cuero is a physical team. its possible. i hope not though

SintonFan
09-15-2006, 11:02 PM
I don't see a problem with one team scoring that much. You'd think the other team would get mad or something and try harder.:doh:
I don't see a problem at all. Gosh, what's the problem? We don't want our kid's to be competitive and be their best even though someone or something just might get squashed?:hand:
I don't see a problem with anyone scoring 84 or even 184, just so long as it's not against my Pirates!:D

Emerson1
09-15-2006, 11:06 PM
No probablem with that score unless the first team was in for 60 of them. Should be taken out at the half or in the 3rd if you are up by 40/50.

3afan
09-15-2006, 11:07 PM
they had to run up the score. thats the only way they'll get in the top 10. this bcs system sure does ruin sportsmanship.

what?

ILS1
09-15-2006, 11:09 PM
Liberty Hill 14 21 28 21 - 84
Gatesville 3 0 0 7 - 10

FIRST QUARTER
Liberty Hill: Doug Allman 1 run (Gio Magallon kick). Liberty Hill: Allman 29 run (Magallon kick). Gatesville: David Wasserman 35 FG.

SECOND QUARTER
Liberty Hill: Brent Bode 6 run (Magallon kick). Liberty Hill: Bode 74 run (Magallon kick). Liberty Hill: Jordan Johns 45 punt return (Magaloon kick).

THIRD QUARTER
Liberty Hill: Allman 1 run (Magallon kick). Liberty Hill: Blake Mings 25 fumble return (Magallon kick). Liberty Hill: Allman 6 run (Magallon kick). Liberty Hill: Allman 17 run (Magallon kick).

FOURTH QUARTER
Liberty Hill: Sammy Post 5 run (Magallon kick). Gatesville: Luke Howard 1 run (Wasserman kick). Liberty Hill: Mings 65 run (Magallon kick). Liberty Hill: Mings 16 run (Magallon kick).

Team Statistics
Gatesville Liberty Hill
First Downs - FD 12 25
Passing - COMP 10 0
Passing - ATT 21 1
Passing - YDS 86 0
Rushing - ATT 24 48
Rushing - YDS 85 521
Punts - PUNTS 3 1
Punts - PAVG 28.00 55.00
Fumbles - FUMB 4 1
Fumbles - LOST 4 1
Penalties - PEN 2 7
Penalties - YDS 6 60

Individual Statistics
Passing - Gatesville COMP ATT YDS INT
Luke Howard 10 21 86 2

Passing - Liberty Hill COMP ATT YDS INT
Thomas Perrin 0 1 - -

Rushing - Gatesville ATT YDS
Matt Chartier 13 100

Rushing - Liberty Hill ATT YDS
Doug Allman 15 144
Brent Bode 11 138
Brandon Cardenas 1 7
Blake Mings 3 85
Thomas Perrin 2 30
Sammy Post 16 117

Receiving - Gatesville REC YDS
David Wasserman 3 37
John Williams 3 27

Stats Link (http://www.statesman.com/news/stats/football/controller?Class=-1&mStr=8&dStr=15&yStr=2006&Page=schedule_list&AltAction=&Nav=schdresults&Sport=1&Season=5&School=&Venue=&Schedule=242935)

TheDOCTORdre
09-15-2006, 11:11 PM
liberty hill was 0-1 passing and had 521 yds of total offense

sweetwater07
09-15-2006, 11:15 PM
sweet jesus.....thats a little ridiculus...put in 7th string or something

gobblerfan02
09-15-2006, 11:17 PM
Sorry, but I think LH will have to be more than one dimensional when they play cuero...sure they will get there rushing yards, but they'll need a balanced attack, in my opinion. But, LH is my pick of the team who might end Cuero's 30-game regular season winning streak...watch out next friday Gobblers, the Panthers are the real deal!

ILS1
09-15-2006, 11:19 PM
Now if LH was a passing team,I'd saying it was running up the score. But they are strictly a running team. If they can't stop them,then they can't stop them!!! Gatesville has never seen this type of offense before. I bet they hope they never will again!!!

:D

maroogreen
09-15-2006, 11:24 PM
Yes, I believe Cuero coach Mark Reeve is from Gatesville.

And you just have to feel badly for teams that get beat by 74 points. Bless their little hearts. They go out and practice in the heat just as hard as the Top Ten teams do; it makes me hurt for them---kinda like the kid that gets lapped 3 or three times during the 3200m run. You have to give it to the Gatesville kids for not rolling over. I bet they won't forget this feeling for the rest of their lives.

LHMom
09-15-2006, 11:25 PM

I admit it was almost embarrassing... Gatesville could not stop LH offense, and they could not hold on to the ball when they had it. One fumble recovery in 3rd or 4th quarter was made by an LH kid that I don't recall ever being in a varsity game. Vance had in every kid on the sidelines... I guess we could've grabbed a few JV kids from the stands. Honestly - I hate when a team runs up the score with starters, but you can't tell the defense to just leave the ball on the ground, and you can't tell the 3rd string guy not to give it his all when he gets his possible "one chance."

I think LH fans were as shocked as anyone. We have confidence in our team, but were expecting a lot more after Gatesville's win over Cameron-Yoe.

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2006, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
sweet jesus.....thats a little ridiculus...put in 7th string or something :tongue: :tongue: We did....and recovered a fumble.

JasperDog94
09-15-2006, 11:32 PM
I've seen lower scores than 84 that were running up the score, but I don't believe this was the case. Sometimes the stars line up just right (or just wrong) and one team does everything right and the other team can't even snap the ball right.

One year Jasper beat Cleveland 82 - 0. No starter was in midway through the 2nd quarter. The football team actually stayed on the sidelines during halftime and watched the band. It happens.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-15-2006, 11:32 PM
wow. good tune up before the big one:)

JR2004
09-16-2006, 12:15 AM
WOW...I think Liberty Hill just MIGHT have another good team down that direction this year...lol. That's just insane to do that to one of the better football programs over the last decade or so in Class 3A. I know some people will cry foul on this one, but honestly I don't see a problem with scoring that many points. I've sat and watched Madison occasionally run up the score on a few teams (Was shocked that they called off the dogs against A. Maceo last week at halftime) and I've never had a problem when they've done it or when it's happened to them when they used to be pretty bad.

I watched the Ennis-Lincoln game tonight and honestly I was hoping Ennis would go for another touchdown late in that one, but they opted for the kneel down which is their perogative to do so. Some folks can get mad about this Liberty Hill score, but honestly if the other team just can't stop you what are you supposed to do? I never have liked seeing coaches go to the kneel down or a running clock, but that's just my opinion.

GreenGobbla
09-16-2006, 01:40 AM
thats insane...84-10...

but i feel ro tex solja and say 49-7 next friday, cuero winning of course.

11TARPON
09-16-2006, 02:07 AM
Where is the sportsmanship? I can understand returning kick-offs or punts in for scores in the forth quarter or even taking interceptions back for touchdowns however, 84 point is over doing it. We had a coach that would start kicking field goal in the third quarter after going up by forty or more point. We would drive up to the thirty yard line and he would send in the field goal unit. The second and third teams would be in and they wanted to score however our coach was showing them good sportsmanship. I am surprise no many people criticize the LH coach.

Txbroadcaster
09-16-2006, 02:08 AM
I remember seeing a game once where the score was 63-3 and the coach of the winning team had the 3rd string QB in the third Q and he had him throwing it all quarter..newspaper ran big article of it being a run up and how bad it was he was throwing the ball that late..they asked the coach, he said hey I needed my 3rd string QB to get some live action throws, paper still ripped him, said he was classless

Low and behold playing for district championship First two qbs get hurt within three plays of each other...3rd string comes and leads the team to a comeback win with a 35 yd TD, a 40 yd TD , and something like a 25 yd TD with 10 seconds left.

I dont care which squad you have in, if you run the wishbone, you keep running it with your subs...If you run the spread, you keep running it with your subs. You never know when they might have to step in

LH Panther Mom
09-16-2006, 07:29 AM
i picked the score right last week saying cuero 49-7 so im gonna go ahead and say 49-7 once again...to be honest im gonna pick 49-7 every game the whole regular reason for cuero

Originally posted by GreenGobbla
but i feel ro tex solja and say 49-7 next friday, cuero winning of course.
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Paratrooper
09-16-2006, 07:48 AM
That score is insane

SWMustang
09-16-2006, 08:38 AM
Sure looks like they ran up the score. I'd like to hear from some Gatesville folks and get their perspective. I have a hard time believing that didn't happen.

Gobbla2001
09-16-2006, 09:01 AM
Liberty Hill had the highest score producing offense last season, and should this year as well... it's not because they run up the score, it's not because they do steroids, it's because they run 'that' offense better than any other team in the world, 1st or second teamers...

Most teams get ragged on in the media and on message boards etc... for throwing long-bombs with their first stringers in when they're up 50+-0 in the 4th QT... LH just runs the misdirection to perfection...

which brings me to this solution... LH must PASS the ball EVERY PLAY after leading by 35 points or greater because if you keep running that is 'running' up the score

:p :p :p

LH Panther Mom
09-16-2006, 09:06 AM
Now that I can post about this without getting all defensive like last night, I just wanted to share my thoughts on the game/score....for what it's worth.

Gatesville had some very good, fast and big players. They are LOADED with seniors and will give most teams all they can handle and more. Before the game, I was watching them warm up and thought how big they were in size compared to most of our kids. I hope that they come away from last night with fire in their eyes and make some noise, because they have the ability to play with most any team.

If you look at the box score/stats that ILS1 posted, you see in the 2nd quarter a 45-yd punt return by Jordan Johns, to make the score 35-3. What you don't see is that Jordan is a DT who blocked the punt at the punter's foot, then picked the ball up to run it in for the TD. (I feel that this was the true turning point in the game.) We had 40 kids suited up last night and every kid played and many of the backups saw considerable play time, beginning in the 3rd quarter.

I can't and won't defend the final score. The kids have a job to do, given to them by the coaches, both in their starting position and their 2nd/3rd string positions. Any player that has gotten on the field and done their job has nothing to be ashamed of, regardless of what the final score is and regardless of whether that player's team won or lost. I will defend every one of our 40 players that played last night for doing their jobs. It is engrained in them at every practice and during/after every game that football is a 4 quarter game and they better be ready to go 100% all 4 quarters. Good job guys! I couldn't be prouder of you! :)

SWMustang
09-16-2006, 09:23 AM
I know the LH folks have some practice at defending large margins of victory - that's why I really wanted to hear from Gatesville folks.

Gobbla2001
09-16-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
I know the LH folks have some practice at defending large margins of victory - that's why I really wanted to hear from Gatesville folks.

I'll defend that large margin with 'em... if you can't stop it for two quarters, chances are you can't stop it for 4 quarters, first or second team... plus all of the defensive and special teams production??? LH really sucks it shoulda been 184-10...

LH Panther Mom
09-16-2006, 09:26 AM

Originally posted by Swarm 51
The Hornets simply didn't show up tonight. In fact, I believe the coaches are still out looking for them. Libery Hill played error free football. They were focused where G'ville seemed to be out in left field all night. Good luck to the Panthers the rest of the season. You have a great team.

Swarm 51 may be our only Gatesville poster, I'm not sure. This is from the "update" thread.

SWMustang
09-16-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I'll defend that large margin with 'em... if you can't stop it for two quarters, chances are you can't stop it for 4 quarters, first or second team... plus all of the defensive and special teams production??? LH really sucks it shoulda been 184-10...

Bull - I saw MANY Sweetwater games in the late 80's where we were up at half time 4 or 5 touchdowns to 0 playing teams our JV could beat. We never ran up a score like that. I didn't see this game, so I'm trying to understand how this could happen. We were 4A at the time - maybe having bigger squads (in terms of numbers) with a deeper bench to go through?

Gobbla2001
09-16-2006, 09:46 AM
Bull - I saw MANY Sweetwater games in the late 80's where we were up at half time 4 or 5 touchdowns to 0 playing teams our JV could beat. We never ran up a score like that. I didn't see this game, so I'm trying to understand how this could happen. We were 4A at the time - maybe having bigger squads (in terms of numbers) with a deeper bench to go through?

What I am saying is that ALL that LH runs is that misdirection... they run it to perfection and they're gunna score with it...

and according to reports a few of those were defensive TD's... doesn't every defensive player want to score???

District303aPastPlayer
09-16-2006, 09:55 AM
What I am saying is that ALL that LH runs is that misdirection... they run it to perfection and they're gunna score with it...

and according to reports a few of those were defensive TD's... doesn't every defensive player want to score???

you are talking to a brick wall....

sinton66
09-16-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
No probablem with that score unless the first team was in for 60 of them. Should be taken out at the half or in the 3rd if you are up by 40/50.

I disagree. Sinton has done that before (at the half) and ended up losing a game against Raymondville a couple of years back. Once you give up momentum, anything can happen. LH appears to be fortunate to have some depth. We weren't so fortunate. Sinton coaches won't EVER make that mistake again. It should never happen before midway of the third.

SWMustang
09-16-2006, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
you are talking to a brick wall....

why, because I don't tout the company line? Because I see a team lay 84 points on someone and I ask a few questions?

SWMustang
09-16-2006, 10:02 AM
doesn't every defensive player want to score???

I think every player wants to score :)

District303aPastPlayer
09-16-2006, 10:11 AM
why, because I don't tout the company line? Because I see a team lay 84 points on someone and I ask a few questions?

you are placing blame on 15-18 year old kids for playing a game that they love. the kid who recovered the fumble, is 6', 350 lbs, and he doesnt get to play all that much. Allman moved to LH over the summer. he had FIVE carries in TWO years at his old school, he now has three 100 yard rushing games. Liberty Hill's 2nd and 3rd teamers, by hindsight, could have played the entire game last night, and they probably would have won by 45+. If the Gatesville team couldnt stop the LH 1st teamers? what made ANYONE think they would stop the 2nd and 3rds....

LH Panther Mom
09-16-2006, 10:14 AM
I have no problem with your questions. :) I don't think the DT that blocked the punt, then ran it in really thought about the score at the time. I would bet that his thinking was "OMG! I just blocked it and now's my chance". And the same for the 3rd/4th string DT that recovered a fumble in the 4th on his FIRST play all year.

Maroon87
09-16-2006, 10:17 AM
I have no problem with your questions. :) I don't think the DT that blocked the punt, then ran it in really thought about the score at the time. I would bet that his thinking was "OMG! I just blocked it and now's my chance". And the same for the 3rd/4th string DT that recovered a fumble in the 4th on his FIRST play all year.

As we've discussed before, I know your OC pretty well. Running it up isn't his style.:)

TheDOCTORdre
09-16-2006, 10:25 AM
When I become a coach people are going to hate me, I wont lie I will try and score as many points as I can, not for me or to embaraa the other team but for my backups. Once I get up big I will sit out my first stringers, but as a former 2nd stringer, I'm not just going to have my backups run time off the clock. when that 2nd and 3rd string get in I am going to do my best to make sure that they get to have some fun and some scoring opportunities

Gobbla2001
09-16-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
As we've discussed before, I know your OC pretty well. Running it up isn't his style.:)

My OC could beat up your OC...

Maroon87
09-16-2006, 10:27 AM
My OC could beat up your OC...

But does he watch The O.C. ?:p

Gobbla2001
09-16-2006, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
When I become a coach people are going to hate me, I wont lie I will try and score as many points as I can, not for me or to embaraa the other team but for my backups. Once I get up big I will sit out my first stringers, but as a former 2nd stringer, I'm not just going to have my backups run time off the clock. when that 2nd and 3rd string get in I am going to do my best to make sure that they get to have some fun and some scoring opportunities

Right on... that's one thing I'll always defend, the sub-sringers' rights to have a damn good time and whup some tale...

If a 2nd string receiver is catching a ball from a 2nd string QB who was allowed the time to throw because of a 2nd string offensive line and backfield that was determined to either misdirect or block etc... it's not their fault for having fun... it's that other team's 1st or 2nd team defense's fault for not stopping 'em

AMEN DRE, DOCTOR'S ORDERS!!!

Gobbla2001
09-16-2006, 10:29 AM
But does he watch The O.C. ?:p

Heck no, he watches Walker Texas Ranger...

LH Panther Mom
09-16-2006, 10:29 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :kiss:

carter08
09-16-2006, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre

Exactly what i would do

eagles_victory
09-16-2006, 11:19 AM
riduculous if deb wasnt from lh everyone would be talking about how bad this is. Running up the score doesn't get you in the EV top ten if thats what you were shooting for. I hope the gobblers beat them by 50 like they could have in the playoffs except they had class

pirate4state
09-16-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
riduculous if deb wasnt from lh everyone would be talking about how bad this is. Running up the score doesn't get you in the EV top ten if thats what you were shooting for. I hope the gobblers beat them by 50 like they could have in the playoffs except they had class

Classy thing for YOU to say ev! :thumbsup:

eagles_victory
09-16-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Classy thing for YOU to say ev! :thumbsup: after you do something like this your entitled to get your butt kicked back.

LH Panther Mom
09-16-2006, 11:27 AM
riduculous if deb wasnt from lh everyone would be talking about how bad this is. Running up the score doesn't get you in the EV top ten if thats what you were shooting for.
I couldn't give a CRAP about being on any damn poll, including the AP. And you're trying to tell me that people aren't talking about how bad it is? It's not like we were trying to score 84 points on purpose. :hand: :hand: Heck, you make it sound like I personally was on the field scoring. :rolleyes:

pirate4state
09-16-2006, 11:29 AM
after you do something like this your entitled to get your butt kicked back.

something like WHAT??? Good grief...this is FOOTBALL!!! Is this what the world is coming to??? :mad: Let's not hurt little Johnny's feelings and let's go ahead and kneel the ball, hell better yet lets snap it and hand it off to a defensive lineman so they can score! :rolleyes:

SintonFan
09-16-2006, 11:32 AM
My IQ just dropped 84 points reading this!:eek:

TheDOCTORdre
09-16-2006, 11:34 AM
I guarantee you, you wanna talk about bad sportsmanship or embarassing another team, you go out there and kneel the ball starting in the middle of the 3rd quarter or tell the defense to lay down and miss a few tackles so the other team can get a litte more on the scoreboard, ya because that will make the other team feel a whole lot better :rolleyes: :rolleyes: and will give them some more self respect than if you score 84 points on them, (lets not forget this was with the 2nd and 3rd srtingers in):rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SintonFan
09-16-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
something like WHAT??? Good grief...this is FOOTBALL!!! Is this what the world is coming to??? :mad: Let's not hurt little Johnny's feelings and let's go ahead and kneel the ball, hell better yet lets snap it and hand it off to a defensive lineman so they can score! :rolleyes:
I couldn't agree more p4s. Let the boys play and stop worrying about hurting someones feelings ! Friggin politically correct BS...:weeping: :hand:

eagles_victory
09-16-2006, 11:39 AM
noone would be defending so hard if it wasnt lh where a mods from

pirate4state
09-16-2006, 11:41 AM
noone would be defending so hard if it wasnt lh where a mods from Even if Deb weren't a mod I'd still defend this score. I don't even know why I continue to debate this. I think Dre said it best in his post above. It would have been worse if the LH 2nd, 3rd and 4th stringers just laid down and let Gatesville feel better about themselves. :rolleyes:

DaHop72
09-16-2006, 11:42 AM
noone would be defending so hard if it wasnt lh where a mods from :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SintonFan
09-16-2006, 11:44 AM
You know what ev? You couldn't be wronger. Go back a few years and you'll see similiar arguments made by me and a few others that had nothing to do with LH or LHPM. Jeez, got an ax to grind or something? :confused:
And you know what? Why all the blame on LH? I for one am extremely mad at Gatesville for running down the score. Why hasn't anyone brought that up? Goodness, they are more to blame here than anyone else.:hairpunk:

TheDOCTORdre
09-16-2006, 11:44 AM
yes and you know this because you have a poll to prove it??? I've already said when I become a coach and my 2nd and 3rd stringers are in I am going to give them the same opportunity that I give my 1st stringers. For all I care LHPM could be from Timbutktu and I would still defend this

Maroon87
09-16-2006, 11:45 AM

Nice bait, EV.:rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
09-16-2006, 11:56 AM
Enough is enough!!!!

DISCLAIMER: The closing of this post has NOTHING whatsoever to do with the fact that another moderator is from Liberty Hill and EVERYTHING to do with the fact that Greenwood isn't in the "EV POLL"!!!:devil: :devil:

sinton66
09-16-2006, 12:03 PM

I just bet LH is all broken hearted they're not in YOUR top ten. :rolleyes: