PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale

rockdale80
09-15-2006, 09:41 PM
any updates....cant get a webcast here. Internet connection is too slow.

tiger_94
09-15-2006, 10:18 PM
lost 21-20, were down 14-0 at the half, had a chance to win at the end and went for two and got stopped

rockdale80
09-15-2006, 10:51 PM
darn....sounds like a good game, and that the tigers are rebounding. I have faith that they will get on the right track.

Pudlugger
09-15-2006, 10:53 PM
Who'd they play?

rockdale80
09-15-2006, 10:56 PM
madisonville

Milk That Cow
09-15-2006, 11:32 PM
What's Rockdale schedule look like the next couple of weeks?

tiger_94
09-16-2006, 12:04 AM
Mexia next week, then Robinson and China spring before starting disctrict

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-16-2006, 12:13 AM
I must first of all tip my hat to the Madisonville Mustangs, you guys played a tough game, but I have to give it up to Rockdale, you guys definately made my trip worth it. After being down early, you guys came out swinging. It would have been so easy for you guys to give up considering the injuries and the deficit, but you never let up. I can't say it enough how proud I am of you guys, you showed more heart and desire than I have seen in a long time. You have nothing to be ashamed of, you learned a lot about yourselves and each other, the tears in your eyes after coming so close was proof of how much you really care about winning and your desire to succeed. With that attitude, that hunger for success, nothing can stop you. Let this game bring you together and help you to rise above all obstacles, and and let it show you that you can never settle for anything less than what you know in your hearts that you can achieve. Leaving everything on the field tonight made you more of a winner than the showing on that scoreboard when the time expired ever can. Keep your heads held high and that same desire in your hearts, and the rest of your season will be everything that you have dreamed of and more. I think I speak for everyone in the stands tonight when I say that I'm proud of you guys.

Milk That Cow
09-16-2006, 12:22 AM
Tiger Pride Is Still Alive...

but, if they don't win next week...

they might have only one other W left on their schedule...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-16-2006, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
Tiger Pride Is Still Alive...

but, if they don't win next week...

they might have only one other W left on their schedule...

You're entitled to your own opinion, even if it is wrong. You didn't see the heart those young men put into the game tonight. Their backs were against the wall and they came out fighting. There is no doubt that Rockdale isn't loaded with talent and athleticism this year, but they do have heart, desire, and dedication; a certain level of thirst to do things right and with as much effort as possible. I would take the Tigers any day. This is a TEAM, a unified group of guys who play together, sweat and bleed together, and cry together. I'm sure that you're saying that there are a lot of teams in football, but not quite like this one, and it has been a while since one has walked through the halls of Rockdale High School. I have a lot of respect for these guys, they have a dream, you should be man enough to give them the credit, they are just kids after all.

tiger_94
09-16-2006, 12:30 AM
They will win next week, im excited to go it will be my first game to see this year

Milk That Cow
09-16-2006, 12:36 AM
Hey, I'm not downing the Tigers...

I think it's great how they are playing with heart and passion and desire..., etc., etc.

But the facts are:

They might, and I do mean might, win only 1 game in their district...

87 TIGER
09-16-2006, 01:39 AM

I think it's great how they are playing with heart and passion and desire..., etc., etc.

But the facts are:

MTC is right, not downing the Tigers because when that dist. starts Rockdale is gonna have to play above and beyond dist.games...Liberty Hill, Taylor, Cameron, and Hutto.
Im not saying Rockdale couldn't win any or all of these games
but this is one #*!! of a dist.
The Tigers did play alot better in the second half, passing game showed up, and the play calling keep the chains moving.
Hats off, great comeback just came up about a yard short
Defense stepped it up, Madisonville has a great runningback
Good luck next week...Go Tigers!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-16-2006, 11:28 AM

But the facts are:

Yes, and they might, just might turn it around and win all of the games. It's not impossible to say the least. I am an optimist and I believe that last night was a great showing of what those guys are capable of. They are playing in a highly competitive district this year, but I believe that they will be successful if last night was a true example of what they can bring to the table.

Old Tiger
09-16-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
darn....sounds like a good game, and that the tigers are rebounding. I have faith that they will get on the right track. Their schedule gets harder. The only game that they could out right win is possibly Mexia.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-16-2006, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Their schedule gets harder. The only game that they could out right win is possibly Mexia. The only two teams that I believe have a legitimate chance of beating Rockdale are Hutto and Liberty Hill.

Old Tiger
09-16-2006, 07:05 PM
China Springs, Robinson, Taylor, Liberty Hill, Cameron, and Hutto. That's a pretty tough road.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-16-2006, 07:08 PM
True, but anything can happen. Not many believed that they were going to drive 98 yards in the closing minutes of the game last night, score on 4th and long, and come within a hair of winning the game last night, so not many will believe that they have what it takes to win the majority of those games, if not all. I have faith in those boys, because after seeing them play last night, I think they can do whatever they set their minds to.

Milk That Cow
09-17-2006, 12:21 AM
Rockdale won't beat Liberty Hill, Hutto or definitely Cameron...

Cameron owns Rockdale...

Only Taylor is a game you "might" have a chance to win...

But, I do believe you will be competitive with at least one of the Big Three...

tiger_94
09-17-2006, 12:43 AM
Rockdale and Cameron will play for the 3rd playoff spot in week 9

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-17-2006, 12:24 PM
Rockdale won't beat Liberty Hill, Hutto or definitely Cameron...

Cameron owns Rockdale...

Only Taylor is a game you "might" have a chance to win...

But, I do believe you will be competitive with at least one of the Big Three...

Cameron and Rockdale have always been huge rivals. Regardless of the records or the talent of either teams, they both step up a level to play each other. The previous year's game never matters, it's all about the here and now when we go head to head. Should be a good matchup, and I will agree that Rockdale and Cameron will be playing in Week 9 for the 3rd and final spot in the playoffs.

VWG
09-17-2006, 12:35 PM
What type of offense is Miller running over in Rockdale?
At 2A Jacksboro he was running a spread the majority of the time.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-17-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by VWG
What type of offense is Miller running over in Rockdale?
At 2A Jacksboro he was running a spread the majority of the time.

Miller is running a balanced attack of passing mixed in with a strong running game. There were some doubts at runningback after the second game, but the potential is definately there, it is harnessing it that has been the problem. Miller isn't running just the spread because he is utilizing his talent to the fullest. From what I can see, he is doing a heck of a job. I think that having Miller come in was the best thing that could have happened to those guys, they have a lot of spirit and the coaching to carry them into the playoffs.

Johnny Utah
09-17-2006, 12:47 PM
Go Tigers. They will have to play well in that district for sure.
Looks as if Liberty Hill(84 to 10 winners over Gatesville) and Hutto will be the teams to beat. Cameron is always going to be tough. Do not count out the Ducks. All I can say is BRUTAL schedule!!! Good luck and sure would like to see the Tigers in the postseason!!!

Milk That Cow
09-17-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Cameron and Rockdale have always been huge rivals. Regardless of the records or the talent of either teams, they both step up a level to play each other. The previous year's game never matters, it's all about the here and now when we go head to head. Should be a good matchup, and I will agree that Rockdale and Cameron will be playing in Week 9 for the 3rd and final spot in the playoffs.

Big Blue, I like your passion about the Tigers, but in the last 25 Years they have played, Cameron has won all but 3 or 4 of the games....

Just because the Blue is struggling this year don't rationalize Cameron into it...

They are the defending District Champs and in my humble opinion they will win it all again...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-17-2006, 08:00 PM
Big Blue, I like your passion about the Tigers, but in the last 25 Years they have played, Cameron has won all but 3 or 4 of the games....

Just because the Blue is struggling this year don't rationalize Cameron into it...

They are the defending District Champs and in my humble opinion they will win it all again...

I'm not rationalizing anything, in my humble opinion, I think that Rockdale has what it takes to make the playoffs this year, along with beating Cameron along the way. I know what Cameron is capable of, I went 1-2 against them while I was in high school, and the games were the most competitive and spirited that I've had the pleasure of competing in. I know what those games are all about, and so does anyone who has played in them. Both teams are going to bring all they have to the table, but I'm going to take Rockdale in this one and to make the playoffs, even if it is early in the season.

Old Tiger
09-17-2006, 08:02 PM
I'm not rationalizing anything, in my humble opinion, I think that Rockdale has what it takes to make the playoffs this year, along with beating Cameron along the way. I know what Cameron is capable of, I went 1-2 against them while I was in high school, and the games were the most competitive and spirited that I've had the pleasure of competing in. I know what those games are all about, and so does anyone who has played in them. Both teams are going to bring all they have to the table, but I'm going to take Rockdale in this one and to make the playoffs, even if it is early in the season. DUDE WE WERE ON THE LAST TEAM TO BEAT CAMERON! :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-17-2006, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
DUDE WE WERE ON THE LAST TEAM TO BEAT CAMERON! :D

Yeah, I think we were the only team in the last 8 years to beat them. We were also on the last team to lose to them. :(

Old Tiger
09-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Oh well dude we got that one memory

Pudlugger
09-18-2006, 07:54 AM
Yeah, I think we were the only team in the last 8 years to beat them. We were also on the last team to lose to them. :(

Marlin beat Cameron by 1 point in the Regional final in 2000. I think they did it in 2001 too if I'm not mistaken.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-18-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Marlin beat Cameron by 1 point in the Regional final in 2000. I think they did it in 2001 too if I'm not mistaken.
We were talking about the last Rockdale team.