09-15-2006, 08:28 PM
Does anybody have know the score?

j_dog
09-15-2006, 08:31 PM
Barbers Hill-7
Bellville-0 2nd quarter

BigRed
09-15-2006, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the score. Please keep posting the score when you can.:)

j_dog
09-15-2006, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by BigRed
Thanks for the score. Please keep posting the score when you can.:)

Here is the link where I found the score. This may be the best place to check for updates.

http://www.**********.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7262

The score is now:

BH-14
Bellville-0 HT

This game is not over by any means, but for sure, I did question those folks who thought Bellville was going to roll over BH.

shellman54
09-15-2006, 08:45 PM
Didn't get to go to the game, wifey not feeling good. Good to get the updates though!!

BigRed
09-15-2006, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the link!

bhillfan
09-15-2006, 09:30 PM
BH-21
Bellville- 6 start of the 4th

shellman54
09-15-2006, 09:31 PM
was wondering what was going on!

bhillfan
09-15-2006, 09:56 PM
BH-24
Bellville- 13

shellman54
09-15-2006, 09:57 PM
time left?

SintonFan
09-15-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by bhillfan
BH-24
Bellville- 13
Take this game Brahmas!!!:clap:

bhillfan
09-15-2006, 10:01 PM
yea it wasnt over yet im trying to get a new update

bhillfan
09-15-2006, 10:02 PM
alright 27 seconds left so thats the ball game... GOOD JOB EAGLES

shellman54
09-15-2006, 10:03 PM
final score 24-13?

bhillfan
09-15-2006, 10:04 PM
yea final score
BH -24
Bellville- 13

bhillfan
09-15-2006, 10:11 PM
STATS

First downs BH- 17 Bellville- 16

Rushing BH-75 yards Bellville-123 yards

Passing BH-227 yards Bellville-114 yards

j_dog
09-15-2006, 10:15 PM
BH passing? :p Must be a mistake! ;)

Congrats Eagles! :)

RBARKER
09-15-2006, 10:23 PM
Believe it or not BH finailly started passing the ball to Mason!!! That guy is an animal!!! Bellville will not forget #12 I don't know what his states were but he gained atleast 150 yards in the air and intercepted 2 on defense. The BH D was awesome playing very phisical tonight causing several fumbels and interceptions!!!!
Bellville looked good as well ,I know their fans will not think so ,but Bellvilles RB was a monster a real hard runner!!!

Meet some of the Bellville fans tonight they were a class act and so was Bellville. Good luck in 3A Bellville on to 4A for BH!!!

Hupernikomen
09-15-2006, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by j_dog

With Mason at receiver all you have to do is give him the ball he will pad the passing stats. I haven't seen BHs qb throw the ball since he was the RB last year. Must be pretty decent.

RBARKER
09-15-2006, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
With Mason at receiver all you have to do is give him the ball he will pad the passing stats. I haven't seen BHs qb throw the ball since he was the RB last year. Must be pretty decent.

His passing skills are increasing game by game. Patton is an all out athelete and will excell in what ever he does. He played against a very good Defense tonight and made good decisions under pressure. Thinks are looking good right now for the Eagles

clayton7
09-15-2006, 10:55 PM

His "states" as you call it would not matter if my boy Leif was sacrificing the first borns and drinking the blood on the defence like I used to.

clayton7
09-15-2006, 10:57 PM
Sorry i meant to quote rbarker

RBARKER
09-15-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by clayton7
Sorry i meant to quote rbarker

Sweet:D Now what does it mean???????:clap:

clayton7
09-15-2006, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Believe it or not BH finailly started passing the ball to Mason!!! That guy is an animal!!! Bellville will not forget #12 I don't know what his states were but he gained atleast 150 yards in the air and intercepted 2 on defense. The BH D was awesome playing very phisical tonight causing several fumbels and interceptions!!!!
Bellville looked good as well ,I know their fans will not think so ,but Bellvilles RB was a monster a real hard runner!!!

Meet some of the Bellville fans tonight they were a class act and so was Bellville. Good luck in 3A Bellville on to 4A for BH!!!

This is the quote I was talking about.

SintonFan
09-15-2006, 11:03 PM
Congrats BH. Make us in 3A proud of your roots.:cool:
Sorry about the loss Bellville, you guys will be fine.:)

RBARKER
09-15-2006, 11:15 PM
Thanks, I hope we can make some noise in 4A to show the state that 3A can play at the next level. BH only made the cut by 16, so its hard to feal 4A at this point.

Bellville will be fine. This game doesn't count as anything and will just make them stronger!!! as I said earlier they seemed well coached and played very well against a very tough D in BH. Keep your eye's on this Bellville team they will bounce back.

Bull's-eye
09-15-2006, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER

Hats off to BH and their awesome defense. Keep throwing to #12 and that offense will be putting up some big points. Bellville had many turnovers tonight, but most were do to the hard hitting of BH's defense. Bellville might of found them a "Bull Dozer" in #33 and the front 7 on defense played extremely well against the run.

It was a pleasure to meet RBARKER and his future all-staters. Good luck to BH in 4A, you have some new fans from Bellville.

BrahmaMom
09-15-2006, 11:49 PM
Congrats to BH and best of luck the rest of the season. Didn't make the trek to BH, so we appreciate the updates. Tough loss, Brahmas. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. You guys are still breathing, so thank BH for making you stronger! Lick your wounds, run your 40's, and look forward come Monday. Sounds like the host team, town, and fans were a pleasure to be around. If Bull's Eye sez it, it must be so. Another team to root for! Get back up on the horse, Bulls! Again, congratulations, Barber's Hill!

RBARKER
09-16-2006, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Hats off to BH and their awesome defense. Keep throwing to #12 and that offense will be putting up some big points. Bellville had many turnovers tonight, but most were do to the hard hitting of BH's defense. Bellville might of found them a "Bull Dozer" in #33 and the front 7 on defense played extremely well against the run.

It was a pleasure to meet RBARKER and his future all-staters. Good luck to BH in 4A, you have some new fans from Bellville.

Thanks for the kind words good luck Bellville and I will see you next year at your place. Goodluck Bellville it was a pleasure getting to see the Brahmas for the first time. I've keep tabs on this team as they are always one or the states best.

RBARKER
09-16-2006, 12:11 AM
Here is a write up from the Eagle Sports Report.

Needing a big effort with highly ranked Bellville coming to town, the Eagle defense stepped it up a notch forcing 5 Brahma turnovers. Meanwhile, the BH offense made enough big plays to out score the high octane Bellville offense. Both efforts propelled the Eagles to a 24-13 victory over previously undefeated Bellville. Barbers Hill will now have a week to recoup before kicking off the District 21-4A season.

The Eagles took command in the first half maintaining a 14-0 lead. After exchanging punts, BH got a scoring strike from Blake Patton to Mason Fisher. The TD covered 20 and Nick Coggin kicked the PAT for a 7-0 first quarter score. The second quarter began with the first of the Bellville turnovers. Fisher intercepted a Bellville pass to start the second period. BH could not capitalize so Fisher repeated interception act again to set up BH's second quarter score. The Eagles pushed to the Bellville 3 where Todd Patton bulled over for the score. Once again, Coggin was true on his kick for the point after.

In the second half, the Brahamas tallied first. After a good drive, Bellville scored on a 3 yard run of their own. The PAT kick sailed left, leaving the score at 14-6. Barbers Hill quickly answered to squash any thoughts about the Brahmas making a comeback. After a short kick, BH started on their own 36. Blake Patton ran a keeper for 8. The Blake hit Fisher for about 12 and the Eagles got another 15 on the play for a flagrant face-mask violation. BH pushed the ball to the Brahma 12 but turned the ball over. But possession stayed in the Bellville hands for one play. The Eagle defense jarred the ball loose and recovered it at the 10. Three plays later, Patton once again hooked up with Fisher. This time it was for a 7 yard touchdown pass. Coggin's kick made the score 21-6.

In the fourth, both teams added to their score but not enough to change the outcome. Once again, BH got a terrific defense play which set up a field goal. Derek sack the quarterback at the Bellville 13 yard line. BH then took over on the Brahma 37 after a short punt. The Eagles drove to the Bellville 9 where Coggin was true once more from 26 yards out. Barbers Hill now had a 24-6 lead with 5:45 left in the game. Bellville would complete the scoring on the night moments later. After a short kick, an offside penalty and a flagrant late hit penalty, the Brahmas got the ball deep into Eagle territory. A few plays later, Bellville added another 3 yard touchdown but could not rally for any more points.

Mason Fisher had eight receptions for 116 yards and 2 touchdowns along with 2 interceptions. Blake Patton went 17-of-30 passing with 2 touchdowns, while adding 50 yards rushing. Defensively, the whole team was outstanding. They held a team which had scored 35 and 42 points in their first 2 games to only 13. Defensive stats should be posted early next week.

The Eagles now have a week off before host Forest Brook on Friday, Sept. 29th.

Tucson
09-16-2006, 12:13 AM
good luck to bellville the rest of the way you have a very talented team, one of the best we faced this year.
hope everyone makes it home safetly!!:clap:

Eagles52
09-16-2006, 12:37 AM
So much for the Hill getting rolled...Bellville was a good team, but were overmatched all the way. Barbers Hill played a very physical game and I didn't feel that the score or stats indicated how in control BH was pretty much from the start. Mason Fisher is a man amongst boys out there it seems...if Cedric can step it up to match Mason, that would def. help Blake's progression as a QB. Overall I was very impressed with the effort tonight. Bellville, you guys played hard and were a very tough team, you just ran into someone a bit tougher tonight, but good game and I wish you guys the best in 3A this year.

Bull's-eye
09-16-2006, 12:51 AM
This might of been a good loss for Bellville. I think they learned a few things about their team and some of their players. I give a lot of credit to the BH's coaching staff, they did a great job of scouting and making Bellville play their type of game. Bellville coaches were slow to adjust their game plan. It was very obvious that running from side to side wouldn't work against the fast BH defense. BH also took away the deep passes and kept Bellville's #5 in check. Going for the "home run" ball was not going to work, so quit throwing into the teeth of their defense. In the second half, Bellville did more straight ahead running and found some success. Didn't see enough of the short passing game, especially to the TE's. It looked to me like the intermediate area over the middle was open. Bellville's TE #88 made a great catch in the second QTR, but they failed to call his number anymore. Bellville's run defense was very good, but the secondary needs a lot of work. Got to cover those tall receivers with some taller defenders and learn better technique playing the ball. The good news is Bellville shouldn't see another defense equal to BH's.

neck_94
09-16-2006, 01:15 AM
congrats BH and good luck the rest of the way.:clap:

BH96
09-16-2006, 06:49 AM
You see guy's we werent counting or chickens before they hatched. We were just trying to tell you people how fast our defense was. Now do you believe me.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-16-2006, 08:04 AM
Good game Barbers Hill, looks like the eagles will turn some heads in 4a, Bellville did not play up to there potential tonight, but even if they did BH was a much better team. A loss is never good but we got beat by a very good team. I would say there are not to many 3a teams that would beat 4a BH. Yall have a nice complex, and great fans, we will see yall next season in Bellville.
Good luck to BH on an undefeated season!

BH96
09-16-2006, 09:36 AM
You know what Bellville fans are probably the best. Even thought you'll lost you are still being nice about it. That is really apreciated.

HillBoy
09-16-2006, 10:01 AM
Barbers Hill's linebackers played like a couple of mad men but there performance was out done by #12 just toss him the pigskin. The d-line look great most the game secondary still left some recievers open but made plays when needed. Looks like the O-Line is all BH needs to get togethor.

Big C
09-16-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by HillBoy
Barbers Hill's linebackers played like a couple of mad men but there performance was out done by #12 just toss him the pigskin. The d-line look great most the game secondary still left some recievers open but made plays when needed. Looks like the O-Line is all BH needs to get togethor.

The TEAM had a great game. Nobody was out done by anyone. BH EAGLES are a TEAM. They will win as a TEAM.

HillBoy
09-16-2006, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Big C
The TEAM had a great game. Nobody was out done by anyone. BH EAGLES are a TEAM. They will as a TEAM.

I agree i wasn't meaning that to down play any of the players role in the game. Offense and defense don't work unless everyone does there job.

Old QB
09-16-2006, 10:31 AM
BH's defense is very good. However, a good passing defense will stop their offense stone cold. Bellville's pass defense sucked to say the least plus 5 turnovers is terrible. Also Bellville played their second string QB from middle of second qtr on. From what I saw last night, neither team is state potential if you compare them to last year's Wimberley team.

big daddy russ
09-16-2006, 10:31 AM
Hey guys, I'm here for my crow. I don't think a single Bellville fan said that they'd roll, I was the only one. Barbers Hill shut me up. Congrats, Eagles... you must have a hell of a team out there.

Bull's-eye
09-16-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Hey guys, I'm here for my crow. I don't think a single Bellville fan said that they'd roll, I was the only one. Barbers Hill shut me up. Congrats, Eagles... you must have a hell of a team out there.

Class, that's why you are the big daddy :clap: :clap:

j_dog
09-16-2006, 12:00 PM
It won't surprise me which ever team wins. I have seen very few teams over the years that Jasper could not run outside on. BH was one of those teams. :( Good luck to both teams.
I guess that Jasper and Bellville now have something new in common. :(

I am glad that BH is now in 4a because they seem to be really getting their stuff together. Good luck in 4a. :)

BlueBlood
09-16-2006, 02:31 PM
Good job Eagles. Enjoyed it.

RBARKER
09-16-2006, 03:54 PM
I guess that Jasper and Bellville now have something new in common. :(

I am glad that BH is now in 4a because they seem to be really getting their stuff together. Good luck in 4a. :)

One year to late:mad: I wonder if we can file an appeal with the UIL:thinking:

Bellville you and your fans are a class act glad we get to play you again next year.:clap:

Tucson
09-16-2006, 04:06 PM
i really dont want to go to the 4a board it is so dead compaired to the dl.
good luck to everyone here
arrive to your destination healthy!

Bull19
09-16-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by clayton7
This is the quote I was talking about.

WELCOME BACK CLAYTON7. WHERE U BEEN ALL SUMMER?

The Hill
09-18-2006, 08:29 AM
Good win for the Hill... good luck to bellville in 3a
for BH.. off to 4a

wildkat0507
09-18-2006, 09:15 AM
GO EAGLES!!!!