PDA

View Full Version : Burnet Football

Chris Hart
06-23-2002, 10:49 PM
I believe Burnet was definitely snubbed,but that;s the way we like it.We were underdogs in 91 too.They are returning 3 potential all-staters at the skill positions.QB Stephen McGee is a future Division 1 college QB and he is only a junior, he has the best arm of any 3a QB that I have seen.RB Patrick Miller a senior is as good as any of the top 3 in the state when healthy.WR and return man Jordan Shipley is one of the best pure ballplayers that I've seen,He is a definite gamebreaker with awesome speed and hands,also a junior.If they can get some beef for the lines from 8-2 JV and 10-0 Freshmen,look for them to make a lengthy run in the playoffs.I'm sure they have a bitter taste in their mouths like I do after the way they were ripped off in last years playoff game against Bellville.Horrible, Horrible call but that should motivate them this year.

toby070
06-24-2002, 08:57 AM
For what it's worth, Chris, you won't be snubbed here. I watched you vs. Wimberley last year, and have been telling everyone since then that you would be a top 10 team this year, and if you poke around a little, you'll see that the majority of folks in here agree that you were snubbed.

BTW, the exact same thing happened to Wimberley last year, no way they shouldn't have been ranked in Texas Football, and they used it to their advantage as well.

Good luck!

gdornon11
06-24-2002, 09:07 PM
come on now chris. the call was as plain as day and everyone knows it was a fumble. if burnet was as good as YOU said they were it wouldnt have come down to the last play. even IF it wasnt a fumble there wouldnt have been enough time left to get another play off. face it, WE just out played you.

Chris Hart
06-25-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by gdornon11:
come on now chris. the call was as plain as day and everyone knows it was a fumble. if burnet was as good as YOU said they were it wouldnt have come down to the last play. even IF it wasnt a fumble there wouldnt have been enough time left to get another play off. face it, WE just out played you.
GDornon, I am not trying to take anything away from you or your team yall had a great football team and you are a good ball player.
But I have watched it numerous times and the fact is this, when Miller had the ball he was met at the goaline by 2 defenders and then pushed back to the 4 or 5 yard line before they finally managed to jerk the ball out.Forward progress should have been marked at the goalline and I think 18 seconds is plenty of time to line up and run another play.It was a bum call and that's part of the game. Yall had just better be glad you moved to region 3 and don't have to play these boys again and deep down I believe everyone of you know it.Great game none the less! Good Luck this year. GO BIG GREEN(DAWGS)

sinton66
06-26-2002, 05:44 PM
Hey guys, even refs are human. Once in a while they blow it. I can think of several times it didn't go Sinton's way, but that's what makes high school ball more interesting and fun. Definitely a "human" touch in the game.