PDA

View Full Version : Decatur vs. Sweetwater (COBB)

Underwater Basketweaver
09-15-2006, 02:29 PM
I am starting this thread because I feel there has been an injustice. We have started degrading 17-18 year old kids now, and I don't think that is what this is about. A kid won a game last night and he still gets dogged.

Ok, how many of you were at the game? The next person that says Cobb had a bad game is going to get called stupid by me. Look Sweetwater has one of the fastest secondaries in the state if not the fastest. Decatur felt like they had to take what was given to them. The short routes were all that were available, and yeah the kid threw some poor passes, but did you see what he did with every other part of the game. I'm not sure how many rushing yards he had, but it was at least 150. Sweetwater was weak in run defense, and decatur exploited that as well as the kicking game. Stop saying Cobb had a bad game, he had a smart game and was coached well, and took what was available. And that was a big chunk of mustang booty. He ran over them, past them around them, between them, and through them. I thought Sweetwater's QB was supposed to be the better runner??? Lay off the kids, this isn't about downgrading kids, and it never should be.

Sweetwater Red
09-15-2006, 02:32 PM
I think everyone thought he was going to pass for 500 yards. He
beat us with his feet instead. I think that is what everyone is
refering to. IMHO.

He played well. But, special teams won this game.

STANG RED
09-15-2006, 03:09 PM
I've done nothing but praise the kid myself. There has only been a couple of our younger, snot noses, that have dogged on him. I cant see that, that made this subject worthy of it's own thread.
Chill out man, most of us are very well aware of how good Cobb is. He should lead the Eagles through a very successful season, and deep into the playoffs, I'm sure.

mustang04
09-15-2006, 03:10 PM
at leats i know at heart that I, personally, am undefeated against Decatur:)

i couldnt resist

Good game eagles!!!

sWaterislife
09-15-2006, 03:25 PM
I personally think Cobb had a bad game :p

Geez.. It's funny how all these guys come out of the wood work...

Everybody chill and lets move on..

The lasting note to all this, im pretty sure every mustang on the field last night would like to see a rematch soon..

So as in years past... Like we'd would have hoped to play Snyder in the Playoffs this year .. Decatur.. We're rooting for ya..lol

Stownhorse
09-15-2006, 03:30 PM
Not downgrading anyone downgrading peoples opinions....Now let me say what I think....first, the thread should have never been started because its over done and gone with...Second, all the yards they had were from him and that wasnt very much for a team effort...third, he was 13 of 24 passing...they had 13 penalties for 91 yards....And I think the coaches held back on Cunnings rushing after he got kicked in the face(after helmet got knocked off)...I was at the game, call me stupid lol Cobb had a bad game through the air...and yes corn Cobb had a good rushing game but he couldnt have done it without the rest of his team out their...where does it say we have the fastest secondary in the state?...we have some pretty quick guys but i know there are plenty of other secondaries with more speed and way more depth than ours....135 was his actual total rush yards...and lastly lets chill and get ready for tonights games/updates and lets all get along:)

Sweetwater Red
09-15-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by sWaterislife
I personally think Cobb had a bad game :p

Geez.. It's funny how all these guys come out of the wood work...

Everybody chill and lets move on..

The lasting note to all this, im pretty sure every mustang on the field last night would like to see a rematch soon..

So as in years past... Like we'd would have hoped to play Snyder in the Playoffs this year .. Decatur.. We're rooting for ya..lol

Decatur will be Wylie's 1st round opponent in Div. I. That is
assuming that both make the play-offs.

Stownhorse
09-15-2006, 03:39 PM
what is decaturs district schedule?

NateDawg39
09-15-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
what is decaturs district schedule? Bridgeport, Argyle, Sanger, Gainesville, Bowie

NateDawg39
09-15-2006, 04:18 PM
I like how Banyard (hope its spelled correct) runs full speed...I like how the QB for Decatur does his thing too! I say get rid of all Sweetwater / Decatur threads and get ready for a friday night filled with lots of good action! NEXT week is all that matters for us.

Stownhorse
09-15-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I like how Banyard (hope its spelled correct) runs full speed...I like how the QB for Decatur does his thing too! I say get rid of all Sweetwater / Decatur threads and get ready for a friday night filled with lots of good action! NEXT week is all that matters for us.

YAY! Go NAteDawg39! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Odis
09-15-2006, 04:54 PM
Underwater basketweaver:

I love it when somebody plasters Bible verses on there signatur along with something about dogs pissing in the grass.

Classy!!

NateDawg39
09-15-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Odis
Underwater basketweaver:

I love it when somebody plasters Bible verses on there signatur along with something about dogs pissing in the grass.

Classy!!
1st Corinthians 4:3 "and the Lord said; Shall thy pee without the grass being taller than knee high, ye shall no longer be thine brother. If thoust pee in tall grass above the face of ye, then he who does this boast a place at mine side!"
Pray for the man whost urinary tract is infected and come to his aid! It is the God allmighty's will!

TheDOCTORdre
09-15-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Not downgrading anyone downgrading peoples opinions....Now let me say what I think....
i think i speak for the majority when I say we have heard enough of what you think

SWMustang
09-15-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
i think i speak for the majority when I say we have heard enough of what you think

but the beauty of the 3ADL is you can speak your mind (within the parameter of the rules). Getting bashed by the masses might be the consequence, but you can say what you want.

X-SW-H20-coach
09-16-2006, 01:53 AM
Correct me if I am wrong ..........but did you just make a remark, and I quote "I thought Sweetwater's QB was supposed to be the better runner??? " ................you landblast people for doing it and you turn around in the same breath and do it yourself?...... LOL....... Although I do agree with you that anyone who will talk trash about 17 and 18 y/o and is an adult is very imature and should stick with the pro sports.

jmcgee
09-17-2006, 01:28 PM
get to post my opinion sweetwater would have wasted decatur if they didnt turnover the ball 6or 7 times. and most of that was the coaches falt they should have put people on the kickkoff that could catch after the first time decatur putched it thats my opinion