PDA

View Full Version : Reason No. 1 Texas should be its own country

AggieJohn
09-15-2006, 09:37 AM
The San Jacinto Monument is a few feet taller than the Washington Monument, even though there's a law that states that no monument is allowed to be taller than the Wash. Mon. This is because the plans for the San. Jac. Mon. were drawn up before Texas became a state.

Also, the State Capitol in Austin has a statue on top which makes it a few feet taller than the U.S. Capitol Building in D.C.

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 09:38 AM
The main reason is the Celina Bobcats.

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-15-2006, 09:39 AM
you know we can, right? texas can do almost anything that other states cant do. thats cause we are so much better.

Gobbla2001
09-15-2006, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan

haha....

DU_stud04
09-15-2006, 09:40 AM

:doh:

Gobbla2001
09-15-2006, 09:42 AM
I think we need to get the ball rolling here... we can be allies to america...

CenTexSports
09-15-2006, 09:43 AM
I don't think we should necessarily be our own country but I think the US Capital should be moved to Midland. Think of the advantages. Plenty of room to grow, a temperate climate, and if it gets blown away by a H - bomb, Who Cares? (except that we loose one loved by all RM)

Gobbla2001
09-15-2006, 09:44 AM
actually we'll just invade the rest of the united states, take it over and call it Texas...

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
actually we'll just invade the rest of the united states, take it over and call it Texas...

And then make me King of the United States of Texas

Gobbla2001
09-15-2006, 09:47 AM
And then make me King of the United States of Texas

can I be Vice King?

G2 can be head of the Biker Fox Awareness Committee

CHS_CG
09-15-2006, 09:48 AM
did yall know the texas state flag can fly at the same level as the US flag. It has to do with something about how Texas was brought in.

PPHSfan
can I be Vice King?

G2 can be head of the Biker Fox Awareness Committee

Sure why not?

bullfrog_alumni_02
i like the idea of moving the capitol to texas. after all, we are what makes this country anyway. but idk about midland, but yes it definately needs to move to Texas.

Chief Woodman
09-15-2006, 09:49 AM

Lets not count programs that recruited in the past as a reason for honor.

Gobbla2001
09-15-2006, 09:51 AM
Sure why not?

As Vice King, can I put on a really freaky King Costume and go serve WHATABURGER (no Burger King) to hot chicks in the oral office?

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 09:53 AM
As Vice King, can I put on a really freaky King Costume and go serve WHATABURGER (no Burger King) to hot chicks in the oral office?

Sure,

but first you must assassinate chief woodman. he is just a turd, and i don't like him.:p

NateDawg39
09-15-2006, 09:53 AM
I can see all of you be arrested for conspiracy charges to topple the Government...The Down Low is shut down and I am the only one left!! BWAH!! HAAA!!! :devil:

TheDOCTORdre
09-15-2006, 09:56 AM
Can I be the Secretary of the Kings Defense

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Can I be the Secretary of the Kings Defense

if you will take care of this chief business you can be anything you want.

Chief Woodman
09-15-2006, 10:00 AM
Sure,

but first you must assassinate chief woodman. he is just a turd, and i don't like him.:p

Ah come on, where is your humor this morning? Maybe too close to the truth...lol

Gobbla2001
09-15-2006, 10:01 AM
I thought this "chief business" was top secret???

CenTexSports
09-15-2006, 10:02 AM
I get dubs on Football Czar. It will be my first decree that all teams can recruit but if they do, they play as 5a.

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 10:02 AM
I thought this "chief business" was top secret???

did i post that in a thread?

that was supposed to be a pm:doh:

Phil C
09-15-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
did yall know the texas state flag can fly at the same level as the US flag. It has to do with something about how Texas was brought in.

That is right. It was because we were brought in as an independent country (The Republic of Texas) and was one of the stipulations when we agreed to be annexed to the USA.

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 10:10 AM
actually phil it is because Texas was brought in by TREATY.

Gobbla2001
09-15-2006, 10:20 AM
D.T. (District of Texas) - King PP is surrounded in controversy today after accidently disclosing classified information about his plans to have one Chief Woodman assassinated. "It's a lie, we have nothing against Chief Woodman, never heard of him."

But Mr. Woodman says it's a lie. "He knows that I know what no one knows about the Celina Bobcats recruiting booster club sales representatives, why doesn't he just say it?"

Woodman, a construction worker, has been trying to leak this information about Celina for years and it is finally catching up with him. But King PP says Woodman has no reasons to worry.

"We're not gunna kill him (yet), what kind of person do you think I am? YOU DON'T KNOW ME, YOUUUU DONNNN'T KNOOOWWWWWW MEEEEE...... btw, I need help taking of my shoes"

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 10:22 AM
btw, I need help taking of my shoes

roflmao

Gobbla2001
09-15-2006, 10:25 AM
Just off of the wires

King PP doing Friday ritual:

http://otherself.chattablogs.com/archives/burger%20king%20td.jpg

DDBooger
09-15-2006, 10:29 AM
did yall know the texas state flag can fly at the same level as the US flag. It has to do with something about how Texas was brought in. ITs cause Texas is the only state that was a country before it was annexed into the USofA

DDBooger
09-15-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
That is right. It was because we were brought in as an independent country (The Republic of Texas) and was one of the stipulations when we agreed to be annexed to the USA. oops someone beat me to it

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
oops someone beat me to it

that is why we read the threads before we post.:D

DDBooger
09-15-2006, 10:32 AM
that is why we read the threads before we post.:D :clap: thanks teach! :D i'll do better next time!

BTEXDAD
09-15-2006, 10:33 AM

Apparently Texas was asked by U.S. to join the Union and we didn't actually beg to be let in like many states.
I remember years ago being told that when Texas agreed to join the union, part of the agreement was that if Texas chose to, in the future, the state/republic could actually be split into five distinct states which would increase the state's clout in the senate since we could actually have ten senators as opposed to only 2. Does anybody know if there is any truth to this?

In addition, if these five states were set up, the rumor I've heard is that the five state capitals would be:
1) the current one in Austin
2) either sweetwater or snyder;
3) gilmer
4) Cuero
and I assume 5) Bellville :D

Gobbla2001
09-15-2006, 10:33 AM
Vice King Gobbla has called a press confrence, stay tuned mofos

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 10:35 AM
read my lips....T R E A T Y not annex.

DDBooger
09-15-2006, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
Apparently Texas was asked by U.S. to join the Union and we didn't actually beg to be let in like many states.
I remember years ago being told that when Texas agreed to join the union, part of the agreement was that if Texas chose to, in the future, the state/republic could actually be split into five distinct states which would increase the state's clout in the senate since we could actually have ten senators as opposed to only 2. Does anybody know if there is any truth to this?

In addition, if these five states were set up, the rumor I've heard is that the five state capitals would be:
1) the current one in Austin
2) either sweetwater or snyder;
3) gilmer
4) Cuero
and I assume 5) Bellville :D texas was a slave state and its addition didn't sit too well with some YANKEES!

BTEXDAD
09-15-2006, 10:39 AM
try this for info

http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/articles/AA/mga2.html

Gobbla2001
09-15-2006, 10:40 AM
Vice King Gobbla:
"Hello my fellow Amer... I mean Texans, the King is not able to be here right now, he is a little wore out from doing his Friday rituals and it doesn't help when the dove doesn't die right away and the departed head is biting the lining of your throat on the way down...

(queer laughs fill the room)

Anyway, I called this press confrence because me and the King want to make a few things pretty clear...

Number one: Everyone leave a beer at your door the second Monday of every month, we will have public officials come and gather the beer, then the state government will have it gathered and then it will be brought to a special beer storage facility two miles below the ground so that in case the Taliwackers try and destroy our stores etc... we still have beer...

Number two, which is the most important: Texas, as a state, was able to fly their flag the same height as the American flag for one reason and one reason only, because dammit Texas wanted to so they did... so chew on that suckers"

CHS_CG
09-15-2006, 12:32 PM
read my lips....T R E A T Y not annex.

Ya know now that i read this... im thinkin i heard that too.. I believe we were brough in by a treaty not an annex!

AggieJohn
09-15-2006, 12:33 PM
I knew that gobbla would fall in love with this post

Gobbla2001
09-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Ya know now that i read this... im thinkin i heard that too.. I believe we were brough in by a treaty not an annex!

Actually, Chuck Norris' great great great grandfather (also Chuck's son) said he didn't want to live next to two wussy countries (Mexico and then the Union) so he told both countries to toughen up... when they didn't, he decided Texas should join one of the countries to make it tougher... of course, as we all know, he chose the US (on a coin flip)...

CHS_CG
09-15-2006, 12:37 PM
Actually, Chuck Norris' great great great grandfather (also Chuck's son) said he didn't want to live next to two wussy countries (Mexico and then the Union) so he told both countries to toughen up... when they didn't, he decided Texas should join one of the countries... of course, as we all know, he chose the US (on a coin flip)...

you were dropped on your head as a child werent ya:doh:

Gobbla2001
09-15-2006, 12:38 PM
you were dropped on your head as a child werent ya:doh:

thrice

CHS_CG
09-15-2006, 12:39 PM
thrice

lol *shakes head*:doh: :doh: :doh:

carter08
09-15-2006, 12:40 PM
I want to lead the losing political party:D

BTEXDAD
09-15-2006, 02:00 PM

?? Maybe so, but who was treaty with? Not that big a deal, but I took couple of TX history classes at Blinn jr college long time ago and I've gotten into this thread (way too much)

Below is from handbook of Texas History. Apparently Mexico would recognize Texas' independence (treaty?) if they DIDN'T join the United States.

http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/articles/AA/mga2.html

President Anson Jones called the Texas Congress to meet on June 16, 1845, and a convention of elected delegates was assembled on July 4. He placed before both bodies the choice of annexation or independence recognized by Mexico. Both Congress and the convention voted for annexation. A state constitution, drawn up by the convention, was ratified by popular vote in October 1845 and accepted by the United States Congress on December 29, 1845, the date of Texas's legal entry into the Union. The formal transfer of authority from the republic to the state was not made until a ceremony held on February 19, 1846. President Anson Jonesqv handed over the reins of state government to Governor James Pinckney Hendersonqv having declared "The final act in this great drama is now performed; the Republic of Texas is no more."

Good luck to all the teams tonight!!

Pudlugger
09-15-2006, 03:48 PM
I'm a high straight in Plainview, a side bet in Idalou an' a fresh deck in New Deal...

REK

Amarillo Highway

Bandera YaYa
09-15-2006, 03:57 PM
As Vice King, can I put on a really freaky King Costume and go serve WHATABURGER (no Burger King) to hot chicks in the oral office? ...uh, what is the "oral" office......hmmmmmmmmmm.....hot chicks to the "oral" office......in a freaky King costume........that's my Gobbla..... :rolleyes: :D :kiss:

sinton66
09-15-2006, 04:29 PM

Actually, it's because Texas was the only state that was an independant nation before it became a state. Texas retained certain rights when it joined the union. The flag, monuments, and capitol building are among those rights. Another was the right to divide itself into four states if it wanted. When the war between the states broke out, Texas was the only state in the south that had a legal right to drop out. When they rejoined the union after the war, Texas gave up the right to secede, but retained the other rights.

Gobbla2001
09-15-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
REK

Amarillo Highway

Actually I made it up, I just let him use it :D

htowntransplant
09-15-2006, 05:32 PM
imagine being our own country....sure we have the ports, population, military land, and protection of US to the north, but imagine trying to travel to the US...we would be screened and checked up the rear.

Pudlugger
09-15-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by htowntransplant
imagine being our own country....sure we have the ports, population, military land, and protection of US to the north, but imagine trying to travel to the US...we would be screened and checked up the rear.

Good point. When PIAPS becomes President you can imagine how she would view Texans.:rolleyes: