PDA

View Full Version : Why are people ROM'ed?

CenTexSports
09-15-2006, 08:29 AM
This is a football site. Shouldn't transgressors be flagged and accessed a penalty? First offense should be a five yard penalty (warning), second offense a ten yard penalty, third should be ejection. Also, with all the skills that are available, someone should be able to have a yellow flag be thrown to indicate an infraction and maybe a red flag upon ejection.

What do you think?

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 08:36 AM
you can get ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct from a football game with NO WARNING.

DU_stud04
Originally posted by CenTexSports
This is a football site. Shouldn't transgressors be flagged and accessed a penalty? First offense should be a five yard penalty (warning), second offense a ten yard penalty, third should be ejection. Also, with all the skills that are available, someone should be able to have a yellow flag be thrown to indicate an infraction and maybe a red flag upon ejection.

What do you think?

so kinda like soccer with a yellow car and red card....where 2 yellow cards = a red card???

bullfrog_alumni_02
dumb people do dumb things...but paying too much for car insurance doesnt hve to be one of them...

people get rom'd cause they feel the need to get onto subjects that are to be loft along, like polotics for instance. we all hate it. it rips people apart. so we dont talk about it. is a family oriented site, and as such, children are allowed to access it. how would you feel if your son or daughter came here and people were using all kinds of profanity and bad mouthing teams in the worst possible way with little or no premise except that they simply are rivals. basically, people are immature and need to be kickd in the heada few times. that answer your question?

Bullaholic
09-15-2006, 08:37 AM

What do you think?

Probably a mod's place to answer this, but I'll give you my opinion. The mods of this site do seem to try to follow a multiple warning system much along the lines you have described, just without names for the various warning levels. The only exception is that a major infraction may result in an immediate "romming" or "ejection" of a poster without warning if the offense is that objectionable in the judgement of the mods. The biggest percent of "rommees" have usally received at least 1, and usually multiple warnings, via PM or in open forum from a mod before they are rommed.

DU_stud04
09-15-2006, 08:38 AM
and most posters (if im not mistaken) do infact get "warnings" that are in pm's from the mods. just keep ur nose clean and u wont have to worry bout this:smoker:

Hupernikomen
09-15-2006, 08:38 AM
YELLOW FLAG

"Centexsports yellow flag for questioning mods."

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-15-2006, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
YELLOW FLAG

"Centexsports yellow flag for questioning mods." another yellow flag since there is more than one Mod...your not doing so hot today...maybe you should go fix some coffee and get out your book of compliments...j/j hahahaha:D

Ranger Mom
09-15-2006, 08:51 AM
We do issue a warning....and it's more than likely MULTIPLE warnings, until we finally come to the conclusion this person isn't going to change his/her ways!!

We moderate the site...we shouldn't have to babysit the ones who don't want to play by the rules!

shankbear
09-15-2006, 08:51 AM
Let's be PC and give them a "time out". Simply suspend posting privileges according to the seriousness of the offense for a set amount of time. Then impose the "three strikes" rule. Then hunt them down and make them listen to sixteen straight hours of Barry Manilow music.

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2006, 08:53 AM

What do you think?
I'll look for some red flag smilies. :D (I get where you're coming from.... ;) )

CenTexSports
09-15-2006, 08:55 AM
Hupernikomen has the idea. I know why people get ROM'ed. I posted that title to get people to read the thread. The real content was in the body of the text. Why don't you get creative and use football terms for you penalties?

I know how to get ROM'ed. You call RM a honery skank and accuse her of driving around in her bra and panties.

Ranger Mom
09-15-2006, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by shankbear
Let's be PC and give them a "time out". Simply suspend posting privileges according to the seriousness of the offense for a set amount of time. Then impose the "three strikes" rule. Then hunt them down and make them listen to sixteen straight hours of Barry Manilow music.

Some sites have the option....ROM for a day, week, months, etc....we don't have that on this site. (I wish we did)!!

If we ROM them on here, we (moderators) can't bring them back...that has to be done by the administrator.

Ranger Mom
09-15-2006, 08:56 AM

I know how to get ROM'ed. You call RM a honery skank and accuse her of driving around in her bra and panties.

I am NOT honery....I'm ornery!!!!!:D :D

DaHop72
09-15-2006, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by shankbear

Then hunt them down and make them listen to sixteen straight hours of Barry Manilow music. Make this the first offense and there wouldn't be a second one.:D

pirate4state
09-15-2006, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'll look for some red flag smilies. :D (I get where you're coming from.... ;) )

http://www.kit.netpoets.net/redflag.gif

didn't find a yellow one, but I did find a http://www.kit.netpoets.net/surrender.gif :D

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2006, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

didn't find a yellow one, but I did find a http://www.kit.netpoets.net/surrender.gif :D
:clap: :clap: :D

Hupernikomen
09-15-2006, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I am NOT honery....I'm ornery!!!!!:D :D

I must have dyslexia..honery is not what I read when I first saw this.:o

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 10:20 AM

shmae on you

carter08
09-15-2006, 11:44 AM
Can a ROMMmy through out the challenge flag :D

Ranger Mom
09-15-2006, 11:53 AM

Is "honery" even a word????

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-15-2006, 12:41 PM
Is "honery" even a word???? yes, but not spelled like that, its spelled "awnry."

Old Tiger
09-15-2006, 12:56 PM

What do you think? For anything that violates the 3a downlow constitution.

Ranger Mom
09-15-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
yes, but not spelled like that, its spelled "awnry."

Where did YOU go to school??

My spelling "ornery" is correct!

Shall I proved the definition too??:D

Adidas410s
09-15-2006, 02:05 PM
Where did YOU go to school??

My spelling "ornery" is correct!

Shall I proved the definition too??:D

You might want to prove it instead! Or I guess you could provide it! ;)

Ranger Mom
09-15-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
You might want to prove it instead! Or I guess you could provide it! ;)

Haha!!

I said my word "ornery" was correct....I never said anything about the word "provide" being spelled correctly!!:D

mustang04
09-15-2006, 02:10 PM
it is ornery

and how can RM throw her yellow flag when it is still on my bedroom floor???? tell me the answer to that and you are GOOD;) :D

(she was throwing flags at all my penalties):D

pirate4state
09-15-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
it is ornery

and how can RM throw her yellow flag when it is still on my bedroom floor???? tell me the answer to that and you are GOOD;) :D
(she was throwing flags at all my penalties):D

:eek: :eek: :eek: Where to begin?

False start maybe? :devil: :devil:

sinton66
09-15-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Can a ROMMmy through out the challenge flag :D

To answer your question, a romee can throw out whatever they please for all the good it will do them. Once that decision is made, it is final unless the mod that did it decides to give the romee a second chance, and that isn't anywhere near automatic.

pirate4state
09-17-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

I FOUND IT!!! LMAO

http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/images/smilies/yellowcard.gif

http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/images/smilies/redcard.gif

:nerd: :nerd:

Old Tiger
09-17-2006, 06:00 PM
It's mostly like soccer no one knows the rules people just get yellow carded and then when you get ROM'ed it's equivelant to the red card.

carter08
09-17-2006, 06:01 PM
DON'T BRING UP OLD THREADS :mad: :mad: :D

sinton66
09-17-2006, 06:04 PM
I beg to differ, there's no reason not to know the rules here. All they have to do is click on the link. We used to get complaints that the rules weren't written down anywhere. Now that they are, most don't bother to read them anyway. Go figure.

Old Tiger
09-17-2006, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I beg to differ, there's no reason not to know the rules here. All they have to do is click on the link. We used to get complaints that the rules weren't written down anywhere. Now that they are, most don't bother to read them anyway. Go figure. What!! We have a link to rules?

carter08
09-17-2006, 06:07 PM
At the top, next to Chat

Old Tiger
09-17-2006, 06:09 PM
3½ years here and just noticed. wow