PDA

View Full Version : decatur

johnfx24
09-14-2006, 10:19 PM
i have never heard a broadcast where the opposing team pooches the ball 5 different times and takin cheap shots to recover fumbles.....NOT alot of class if u ask me....there is no way this would have the same turn out if those pooch kickoffs were not exploited the way the were.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-14-2006, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by johnfx24
i have never heard a broadcast where the opposing team pooches the ball 5 different times and takin cheap shots to recover fumbles.....NOT alot of class if u ask me....there is no way this would have the same turn out if those pooch kickoffs were not exploited the way the were.

They could have called for the fair catch.

The One
Last time I checked pooch kicks were part of the game.. I have never heard of a team that couldn't make adjustments during a game... Further more, I covered Decatur's game last week and they pooch kicked every kickoff. You would think that would be something that the scouts would pick up on!

slpybear the bullfan
ROFL... Cheap Shots? You were able to see those over the radio?

C'mon.... give some credit to Decatur. Special Teams is part of the game just like offense and defense. Every Coach has the opportunity to play kickoffs however he wants to. Just because some don't do anything special on kickoffs doesn't mean they all have to.

Coach Story did what he had to win the game. And they did.

That being said... I am sure turnovers impacted the outcome... but Cheap Shots? Upset about Pooch Kicks?

ROFL

TheDOCTORdre
09-14-2006, 10:24 PM
even i gotta laugh about this one, i mean sweetwater just didnt get it done on kickoff returns team tonight

piratebg
09-14-2006, 10:27 PM

I really did not listen to the game, but read the updates. You do what you have to do to win. If the pooch kick is working, you keep doing it. It's not cheating.

If Decatur was having trouble picking up the blitz and their QB was constantly running for his life, would the Sweetwater coach call them off just to give Decatur a chance and to keep the game interesting.

Coaches keep doing what is working.

Congrats and good luck to both teams for the rest of the season.

jlwzz
09-14-2006, 10:55 PM
so are you crying or what?

it was a great game and yes my team won

jlwzz
09-14-2006, 11:02 PM
i guess you were there,? you know so much?

SintonFan
09-14-2006, 11:05 PM
I might not have heard a broadcast when a team did that but I have actually seen it in a HS game. If it kept working, you gotta give some credit there.:)

jlwzz
09-14-2006, 11:07 PM

LOL your out of touch,

Snydertigersrul
09-14-2006, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by jlwzz
LOL your out of touch,

Maybe they need to practice tomorrow and learn how to catch short kickoffs. That's part of the game. Decatur exploited a weakness, which a good team always do. I can hear all of the excuses about the kickoffs, but they fumbled four or five times and also threw an interception. You can't win with six turnovers.

NateDawg39
09-14-2006, 11:40 PM
We have done pooch kicks since 2002...if you cant figure that out in film...then get someone who can. Do nt bash us cause your havin to eat crow.

mustang04
09-14-2006, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
We have done pooch kicks since 2002...if you cant figure that out in film...then get someone who can. Do nt bash us cause your havin to eat crow.

hey now....crow eating is something u CANT make someone do...they have to do it willingly and knowing they were wrong...im nibbling on mine, cuz i really thought sweetwater would win, but i know they could have won as easily as they lost...great game Decatur!!!:clap:

Stownhorse
09-15-2006, 12:52 AM
the sweetwater mustangs beat the sweetwater mustangs but great game decatur special teams

NateDawg39
09-15-2006, 12:54 AM
dont forget the plays Cobb made on his feet!

Stownhorse
09-15-2006, 12:55 AM
dont forget the plays Cobb made on his feet!

I forgot...oh wait there was that long run there at the end....but I wont forget how terrible that kid threw...didnt live up to what I heard he was supposed to be

NateDawg39
09-15-2006, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
I forgot...oh wait there was that long run there at the end....but I wont forget how terrible that kid threw...didnt live up to what I heard he was supposed to be yeah I think this was his worse career game passing...

Stownhorse
09-15-2006, 01:04 AM
yeah I think this was his worse career game passing...

yea I could tell...but he looked like an athlete....I think this game was the first one I walked out of with time still on the clock

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2006, 04:23 AM
I forgot...oh wait there was that long run there at the end....but I wont forget how terrible that kid threw...didnt live up to what I heard he was supposed to be
Didn't live up to what you heard? Now, what was that final score again? The last time I looked at the update, the score was 20-10, Sweetwater. Excuse me, but from where I sit, Cobb helped the Eagles put a whupping on the Mustangs the second half. So, if he's not that good, what does that say......? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DaHop72
09-15-2006, 07:11 AM
yea I could tell...but he looked like an athlete....I think this game was the first one I walked out of with time still on the clock :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

#1Eaglefan
09-15-2006, 07:39 AM
I've been watching Cobb play sports since he was in kintergarten. He is a spectacular athlete. That kid is as strong as a moose! Ever since he started playing QB, throwing has never been his best quality. His running, his strength, and his very strong on the field leadership has always been what has carried him to where he is. I don't ever get dissapointed if his passing game is off, because he always makes up for it in other things he does on the field. That was one of the best HS games i've seen in a long long time. Great sportsmanship from both teams after the game as well. I love it when the teams hudle together in the middle of the field for some great motivational speaking from the coaches after the game. Best of luck to both teams the rest of the season, but even better luck to DECATUR!!!!!:clap:

Chief Woodman
09-15-2006, 09:56 AM

Coach Story just used Sweetwaters medicine against them. In the classic playoff game a few years back S'Water did this to Decatur...pooched...Decatur guy waved for fair catch...S'water player hit our guy BEFORE the ball got there and S'Water recovered...no flag. Just returning the favor to the ole Mustangs!

sweetwater07
09-15-2006, 10:09 AM
our special teams and coaching were laughable last night.....we looked like a 1A team.......you would figure after pooch kicking it every kickoff...the coaches would pick up on it and scoot some people uip....or some call for a FAIR CATCH PLEASE!!!!!!!

sweetwater07
09-15-2006, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by #1Eaglefan
I've been watching Cobb play sports since he was in kintergarten. He is a spectacular athlete. That kid is as strong as a moose! Ever since he started playing QB, throwing has never been his best quality. His running, his strength, and his very strong on the field leadership has always been what has carried him to where he is. I don't ever get dissapointed if his passing game is off, because he always makes up for it in other things he does on the field. That was one of the best HS games i've seen in a long long time. Great sportsmanship from both teams after the game as well. I love it when the teams hudle together in the middle of the field for some great motivational speaking from the coaches after the game. Best of luck to both teams the rest of the season, but even better luck to DECATUR!!!!!:clap:

Cobb was sorry last night...i hope it was just his bad game of the season..otherwise he deserves no bragging

NateDawg39
09-15-2006, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
Cobb was sorry last night...i hope it was just his bad game of the season..otherwise he deserves no bragging So your team must have really been awful last night huh?:rolleyes:

sweetwater07
09-15-2006, 10:19 AM
So your team must have really been awful last night huh?:rolleyes:

i'll give it to Decatur..they are good...but as a team we are better...more talent for sure.....everyone is entitled to a bad game....none the less yall beat us fair and square...so theres your props.....now for Cobb...he looked like a natural athlete..strong as a bull...but no arm what so ever....i really think he is overrated.....i would put our QB against him anyday

NateDawg39
09-15-2006, 10:21 AM
i'll give it to Decatur..they are good...but as a team we are better...more talent for sure.....everyone is entitled to a bad game....none the less yall beat us fair and square...so theres your props.....now for Cobb...he looked like a natural athlete..strong as a bull...but no arm what so ever....i really think he is overrated.....i would put our QB against him anyday In a thowin contest or Bull rushing contest?

NateDawg39
09-15-2006, 10:22 AM
In a thowin contest or Bull rushing contest? I did lose a big game of paper football to him once in class...maybe you wanna train for that?:D JK

DU_stud04
09-15-2006, 10:23 AM
i'll give it to Decatur..they are good...but as a team we are better...more talent for sure.....everyone is entitled to a bad game....none the less yall beat us fair and square...so theres your props.....now for Cobb...he looked like a natural athlete..strong as a bull...but no arm what so ever....i really think he is overrated.....i would put our QB against him anyday

trust me, you probly saw him at his worse. this kid is a stud and can indeed throw the ball very well, maybe an off night:thinking: just dont let this one gmae make you get a bad impression of him. we wouldnt want people who saw us last night think we were a terrible team now would we?????

sweetwater07
09-15-2006, 10:25 AM
In a thowin contest or Bull rushing contest?

rushing yrds...our QB would slaughter yalls i would think...but who knows

sweetwater07
09-15-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
trust me, you probly saw him at his worse. this kid is a stud and can indeed throw the ball very well, maybe an off night:thinking: just dont let this one gmae make you get a bad impression of him. we wouldnt want people who saw us last night think we were a terrible team now would we?????

well after beating us everyone thinks yall are juggernauts...soo....but yall are good...don't think i'm not saying that

NateDawg39
09-15-2006, 10:27 AM
trust me, you probly saw him at his worse. this kid is a stud and can indeed throw the ball very well, maybe an off night:thinking: just dont let this one gmae make you get a bad impression of him. we wouldnt want people who saw us last night think we were a terrible team now would we????? I think the Alvord Bulldogs coulda beat them last night!:D Ever heard of them? Yeah I made a post earlier somewhere on the many threads concerning THIS game stating that the Sweetwater team was a pushover...I actually know thats not true but I get caught in the middle of things and throw words around... Just a bad night for INDIVIDUAL players on both sides.

DaHop72
09-15-2006, 10:27 AM
well after beating us everyone thinks yall are juggernauts...soo....but yall are good...don't think i'm not saying that juggs is a Mustang alum.:doh:

DU_stud04
09-15-2006, 10:28 AM
well after beating us everyone thinks yall are juggernauts...soo....but yall are good...don't think i'm not saying that

(im a sweetwater poster....)

but you did get one thing right, i am the juggernaut!!! :D :evil:

sweetwater07
09-15-2006, 10:29 AM
(im a sweetwater poster....)

but you did get one thing right, i am the juggernaut!!! :D :evil:

one of the coolest x-men characters....pyro has him beat though

DU_stud04

does he not know who i am???? me must not know who i am...... im the juggernaut!!!!!!

hahahaha

sweetwater07
I think the Alvord Bulldogs coulda beat them last night!:D Ever heard of them? Yeah I made a post earlier somewhere on the many threads concerning THIS game stating that the Sweetwater team was a pushover...I actually know thats not true but I get caught in the middle of things and throw words around... Just a bad night for INDIVIDUAL players on both sides.

last night we were pushovers

NateDawg39
rushing yrds...our QB would slaughter yalls i would think...but who knows Well...I wouldnt know how "dominating your QB is against tacklers, all I know is that Cobb can knock people off there feet and drag them for a few extra. Had close to 1,000 yards last season.

DU_stud04
09-15-2006, 10:31 AM
one of the coolest x-men characters....pyro has him beat though

watch this then tell me who is the best...im the juggernaut!!! (http://www.yikers.com/video_im_the_juggernaut_bitch.html)

^parential advisory(bad language)

STANG RED
09-15-2006, 10:46 AM
Well...I wouldnt know how "dominating your QB is against tacklers, all I know is that Cobb can knock people off there feet and drag them for a few extra. Had close to 1,000 yards last season.

Cobb is a hoss, I dont care what anyone else says. That boy can do it all, and you should (I know you are) be very proud to have him. Big, strong, quick, and fast. What more could you want in a QB? His passing wasnt all that great last night, thank God. If it had been, no telling how many points Decatur would have put up. If he puts the whole package together, at the same time, Decatur will be one tough customer to beat, by anybody.

Tiger Baseball
09-15-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Cobb is a hoss, I dont care what anyone else says. That boy can do it all, and you should (I know you are) be very proud to have him. Big, strong, quick, and fast. What more could you want in a QB? His passing wasnt all that great last night, thank God. If it had been, no telling how many points Decatur would have put up. If he puts the whole package together, at the same time, Decatur will be one tough customer to beat, by anybody.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

NateDawg39
09-15-2006, 10:54 AM
well after beating us everyone thinks yall are juggernauts...soo....but yall are good...don't think i'm not saying that Well we are Juggernauts now are we not? We beat the all mighty Sweetwater Mustangs! I mean doesnt that make us basically the best ever? As high and mighty as some people pedistal Sweetwater...you would think we were now the best in Region 1...:rolleyes:
Of course all of this was sarcastic and im just tryin to rumble with a few wild stangs!

DU_stud04
09-15-2006, 10:59 AM
Well we are Juggernauts now are we not? We beat the all mighty Sweetwater Mustangs! I mean doesnt that make us basically the best ever? As high and mighty as some people pedistal Sweetwater...you would think we were now the best in Region 1...:rolleyes:
Of course all of this was sarcastic and im just tryin to rumble with a few wild stangs!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Stownhorse
09-15-2006, 11:09 AM
Well we are Juggernauts now are we not? We beat the all mighty Sweetwater Mustangs! I mean doesnt that make us basically the best ever? As high and mighty as some people pedistal Sweetwater...you would think we were now the best in Region 1...:rolleyes:

HAHA yea a couple of us are pretty wild

mustang04
09-15-2006, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Chief Woodman
Coach Story just used Sweetwaters medicine against them. In the classic playoff game a few years back S'Water did this to Decatur...pooched...Decatur guy waved for fair catch...S'water player hit our guy BEFORE the ball got there and S'Water recovered...no flag. Just returning the favor to the ole Mustangs!

he did not hit him.....he jumped up and snagged the ball out of the air.......get your facts straight before you start throwing old stones

Sweetwater Red
09-15-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Didn't live up to what you heard? Now, what was that final score again? The last time I looked at the update, the score was 20-10, Sweetwater. Excuse me, but from where I sit, Cobb helped the Eagles put a whupping on the Mustangs the second half. So, if he's not that good, what does that say......? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Cobb was kicking off too ?????? :thinking:

TheDOCTORdre
09-15-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
he did not hit him.....he jumped up and snagged the ball out of the air.......get your facts straight before you start throwing old stones
i was thinking the same thing regg, i just didnt wantt o post it in case I was wrong. that was randyn that snagged that ball right?

mustang04
09-15-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
i was thinking the same thing regg, i just didnt wantt o post it in case I was wrong. that was randyn that snagged that ball right?

yeah...it was when Randyn got AIRBORNE!!!..he didnt even touch the decatur guy....that dude just got stole plain and simple

mustang68
09-15-2006, 02:17 PM
We just got drummed. Plain and simple.

crabman
09-15-2006, 02:18 PM
From an outsider looking in, why would a coach allow a team to do something to him 5 times without making an adjustment. The first sign of insanity is keep repeating something time after time while expecting a different outcome.

Maybe he was just crazy.........

mustang68
09-15-2006, 02:23 PM
In his defense they were four distinctly different scenarios. Two were pure fumbles.

mustang04
09-15-2006, 02:24 PM
hey....pretty sure he has plenty of years of schooling and coaching under his belt...several workshops, and countless trophies.......i think he might just know a little more about coaching than any of us on here

3afan
09-15-2006, 02:25 PM

seriously ???

Sweetwater Red
09-15-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by crabman
From an outsider looking in, why would a coach allow a team to do something to him 5 times without making an adjustment. The first sign of insanity is keep repeating something time after time while expecting a different outcome.

Maybe he was just crazy.........

Not to second guess...but, I would have had the hands team
up front after the second pooch kick.

I just read the Sweetwater Reporter and the box score had us
as having 2 fumbles with 2 lost fumbles and 1 interception. Were
these guys at the same game as me. I could list seven T.O.'s and
the players who had them. I am not going to do that obviously.
But, why is there such a discrepency in the stats?

mustang68
09-15-2006, 02:29 PM
The stats never seem to be correct.
Is there such a thing as official stats?

mustang04
09-15-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by mustang68
The stats never seem to be correct.
Is there such a thing as official stats?

sure...sounds like they need the Sports Editor from the pony express when it came back into circulation on top of it..huh 68? haha:D

mustang68
09-15-2006, 02:32 PM
Have anyone in mind for the job?

mustang04
09-15-2006, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by mustang68
Have anyone in mind for the job?

Hehe:D maybe:D

Stownhorse
09-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Cobb was kicking off too ?????? :thinking:

haha! love the sarcasm....cuz the second half was all pooch kicks

shadow13
09-15-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Didn't live up to what you heard? Now, what was that final score again? The last time I looked at the update, the score was 20-10, Sweetwater. Excuse me, but from where I sit, Cobb helped the Eagles put a whupping on the Mustangs the second half. So, if he's not that good, what does that say......? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Cobb is a great athlete and yes he did have a great game, but put a whupping on the Mustangs:hand: I guess you were sitting in Southeast Asia