PDA

View Full Version : Young to get Heisman after all?

JasperDog94
09-14-2006, 09:58 PM
Bush could be in major trouble.

Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ys-bushprobe&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

mrescape43
09-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Bush is a loser!

hutex04
09-14-2006, 10:54 PM
bush maybe a dirty liar that hides behind those looks and smile. But hes my fantasy football running back so he best makeup for that money and get me alot of points this week

Jason1725
09-15-2006, 08:51 AM
Even if he did get it, who would want to get it this way?

kaorder1999
09-15-2006, 08:52 AM
have I told you lately that I HATE REGGIE BUSH

kaorder1999
09-15-2006, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Jason1725
Even if he did get it, who would want to get it this way?

If Im young I wouldnt want it BUT as a fan I want to see REggie Bush Punished!

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 08:57 AM
I personally don't think the NCAA has a right to keep a future NFL star from taking money from a future agent.

This money is not being paid to them to play for a certain college team.

In my opinion, if money is not being used for recruiting purposes, then the player should be able to get their hands on as much as they can.

This is America, and capitalism is a good thing.

Flame Away.

P.S.

I think Bomar got a bad deal too. I don't think he chose to play at OU because of a job at some car lot.

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 08:59 AM
Oh, and by the way...

I am not defending Bush or Bomar...

I am saying that the rules suck.

Hupernikomen
09-15-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Oh, and by the way...

I am not defending Bush or Bomar...

I am saying that the rules suck.

Is this PPHS?

Just wondering, not use to you being so diplomatic about things. :D

awizzy
09-15-2006, 10:02 AM
i knew it...to bad houston still should have taken him

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Is this PPHS?

Just wondering, not use to you being so diplomatic about things. :D

is my bs meter messed up?:D

Hupernikomen
09-15-2006, 11:05 AM
is my bs meter messed up?:D

I should have known something was up...I will study harder next time.

BMOC
09-15-2006, 11:43 AM
I personally don't think the NCAA has a right to keep a future NFL star from taking money from a future agent.

This money is not being paid to them to play for a certain college team.

In my opinion, if money is not being used for recruiting purposes, then the player should be able to get their hands on as much as they can.

This is America, and capitalism is a good thing.

Flame Away.

P.S.

I think Bomar got a bad deal too. I don't think he chose to play at OU because of a job at some car lot.

Good Point on Bush, the guy is already at USC and preparing for life after college...which is the reason for college in the 1st place. He did not recieve the money to play at USC, but for future employment AFTER COLLEGE.

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 11:48 AM
should college students be allowed to take money from future employers?

should someone on the chess team be allowed to take money from NASA as an incentive to tell the CIA no?

DU_stud04
09-15-2006, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999

i dont, reggie bush was a beast, who cares if he got the hookup? its not like he was on drugs

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999

you are just a bush hater:D

most guys love bush.:p

BTEXDAD
09-15-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by BMOC
Good Point on Bush, the guy is already at USC and preparing for life after college...which is the reason for college in the 1st place. He did not recieve the money to play at USC, but for future employment AFTER COLLEGE.

Rules say you can sign with an agent during college but then you're not eligible for college athletics. He hadn't signed with agent which kept him eligible, but if you haven't signed, you shouldn't be taking money.
If he wanted the money, he should have signed a contract with agent and then there wouldn't be any question. Of course he wouldn't have been playing with usc last fall either.
It's called having cake and eating it too. He wanted benefits of being both an amateur athlete and a pro athlete.

mustang04
09-15-2006, 12:03 PM
yall act like its such a HUGE thing for an athlete to accept money in college...i'd tell you right now, if i was a top football player in the nation and someone wanted to help out w/ my family and whatnot...i'd accept the money....theres NO wrong in it...like seriously,...how does it affect the NCAA as a whole??? they could worry about players on steroids or doing drugs or committing illegal crimes, but yet they make a BIG DEAL about players accepting money from people who want to give them money

by the way, if i was Reggie, well, my name IS reggie, but if i was BUSH, i'd shake it off....he's in a different and better place now, cant change the past so might as well do the best he can in the NFL and right now he seems to have a good future in it

Gobbla2001
09-15-2006, 12:07 PM
The only thing wrong with what he did really was it is against rules... it's not fair for all of the others who obey the rules...

Now I agree if it were legal by the rules I'd say he should go for something like that, but until it is no longer against the rules to take that money/whatever, you gotta take action... not just to punish Bush really, but to reward the other kids who obey the rules (like 'em or not)...

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 12:12 PM
Like I said.

It's the rules that suck.

I personally think these kids should be able to get all the money they can get. Even from the schools. Somebody ought to get all that money. Why not give it to the kids who are bringing it in? Everything would be better if there were no such thing as recruiting violations. These kids don't all get to go pro, but they are ALL responsible for making the schools a ton of money.

Gobbla2001
09-15-2006, 12:14 PM
Like I said.

I personally think these kids should be able to get all the money they can get. Even from the schools. Somebody ought to get all that money. Why not give it to the kids who are bringing it in? Everything would be better if there were no such thing as recruiting violations. These kids don't all get to go pro, but they are ALL responsible for making the schools a ton of money.

as of now I'd agree with that...

mustang04
09-15-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
The only thing wrong with what he did really was it is against rules... it's not fair for all of the others who obey the rules...

Now I agree if it were legal by the rules I'd say he should go for something like that, but until it is no longer against the rules to take that money/whatever, you gotta take action... not just to punish Bush really, but to reward the other kids who obey the rules (like 'em or not)...
but what business is it of another player if one gets money...maybe it will encourage him to play harder to help his team more......

Gobbla2001
09-15-2006, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
but what business is it of another player if one gets money...maybe it will encourage him to play harder to help his team more......

because the rules say you can't do it... they follow the rules and it's okay for someone else to break them? that's not fair to the ones following the rules...

now I agree it most-likely shouldn't be a rule, but as long as it is, it's unfair to the ones that obey the rules to watch someone who doesn't go unpunished...

mustang04
09-15-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
because the rules say you can't do it... they follow the rules and it's okay for someone else to break them? that's not fair to the ones following the rules...

now I agree it most-likely shouldn't be a rule, but as long as it is, it's unfair to the ones that obey the rules to watch someone who doesn't go unpunished...

yes i agree on following rules no matter how stupid they are...but c'mon, we ALL know that EVERYBODY breaks a rule at somepoint in their life...whether it's helpin someone on a test, or 'accientally accelerating your car to 71 mph on a hwy where the limit is 70...breaking rules is breaking rules and everybody does it...and they are making a stupid big deal about this rule being broke

JasperDog94
09-15-2006, 02:22 PM
but what business is it of another player if one gets money...maybe it will encourage him to play harder to help his team more...... Because the smaller schools can't compete with that. This would start the proverbial "slippery slope".

JasperDog94
09-15-2006, 02:22 PM
yes i agree on following rules no matter how stupid they are...but c'mon, we ALL know that EVERYBODY breaks a rule at somepoint in their life...whether it's helpin someone on a test, or 'accientally accelerating your car to 71 mph on a hwy where the limit is 70...breaking rules is breaking rules and everybody does it...and they are making a stupid big deal about this rule being broke If you break the law and get away with it, you got lucky. I don't think comparing speeding to accepting money is apples to apples though. (IMO)

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Because the smaller schools can't compete with that. This would start the proverbial "slippery slope".

The smaller schools can't compete now JD.

The only thing that would change is the kids would get paid legally, and the NCAA could worry about real issues.

JasperDog94
Like I said.

I personally think these kids should be able to get all the money they can get. Even from the schools. Somebody ought to get all that money. Why not give it to the kids who are bringing it in? Everything would be better if there were no such thing as recruiting violations. These kids don't all get to go pro, but they are ALL responsible for making the schools a ton of money. Then lobby to change the rules. After all, you are the self proclaimed "king".

JasperDog94
The smaller schools can't compete now JD.

The only thing that would change is the kids would get paid legally, and the NCAA could worry about real issues. Exactly. This would widen the gap.

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 02:24 PM
Then lobby to change the rules. After all, you are the self proclaimed "king".

I am not the only one who professes that I am King.

mustang04
09-15-2006, 02:28 PM
EITHER WAY.....GET OFF REGGIE BUSH's ARSE....hes making more money than any of us right now and he's a better football player than any of us.....if i was him i would care less what ppl thought about me breaking a stupid rule in college if im already at the next level.....if they take his heisman from him, i still think he knows at heart that he WAS the winner cuz he DID win it....that rule with accepting money has NOTHING to do with his performances while at USC

JasperDog94
09-15-2006, 02:38 PM
EITHER WAY.....GET OFF REGGIE BUSH's ARSE....hes making more money than any of us right now and he's a better football player than any of us.....if i was him i would care less what ppl thought about me breaking a stupid rule in college if im already at the next level.....if they take his heisman from him, i still think he knows at heart that he WAS the winner cuz he DID win it....that rule with accepting money has NOTHING to do with his performances while at USC It has everything to do with character.

Old Tiger
09-15-2006, 02:42 PM
EITHER WAY.....GET OFF REGGIE BUSH's ARSE....hes making more money than any of us right now and he's a better football player than any of us.....if i was him i would care less what ppl thought about me breaking a stupid rule in college if im already at the next level.....if they take his heisman from him, i still think he knows at heart that he WAS the winner cuz he DID win it....that rule with accepting money has NOTHING to do with his performances while at USC If he did accept money while at USC it would make him inelgible and all the stats and awards would be taken away.

mustang04
09-15-2006, 02:45 PM
It has everything to do with character.

well...i guess character is defined differently among different people

JasperDog94
09-15-2006, 02:45 PM
well...i guess character is defined differently among different people I guess so. If someone doesn't play by the rules that are in place (like them or not) then I would think that they don't have good character.

mustang04
09-15-2006, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
If he did accept money while at USC it would make him inelgible and all the stats and awards would be taken away.

tell me something besides the obvious...what i meant by that post was that he would know and we would all know that HE was the one who ORIGINALLY won it...

it's kinda like someone comming along and taking my highschool diploma....sure they took the physical proof, but they can't take away the knowledge i gained there...get my drift??

mustang04
09-15-2006, 02:48 PM
I guess so. If someone doesn't play by the rules that are in place (like them or not) then I would think that they don't have good character.

well i'm the kinda guy that observes rules and the circumstances
of when they should be applied:D

Txbroadcaster
09-15-2006, 02:51 PM
well i'm the kinda guy that observes rules and the circumstances
of when they should be applied:D

These are not grey rules..it is a black or white situation. You either break them or not....What gives him or you the right to decide when the apply or not?

mustang04
09-15-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
These are not grey rules..it is a black or white situation. You either break them or not....What gives him or you the right to decide when the apply or not?
who gives anyone the right to say what is right to do or what isn't right to do???

JasperDog94
09-15-2006, 02:59 PM
who gives anyone the right to say what is right to do or what isn't right to do??? uhhhh, the NCAA because they are the governing body.

JasperDog94
09-15-2006, 03:01 PM
it's kinda like someone comming along and taking my highschool diploma....sure they took the physical proof, but they can't take away the knowledge i gained there...get my drift?? So are you telling me that if you were working for a company and were competing for a promotion and didn't get it, and you later found out that the other person cheated and got it, that you wouldn't take the promotion afterwards?

mustang04
09-15-2006, 03:01 PM
uhhhh, the NCAA because they are the governing body.

doesnt mean they are right about their rules....just like how reggie might now have been right about accepting money...but guess what, he can still do it cuz nobody could "physically" stop him

either way...hes still a millionare and GREAT RB in the NFL...so....im sure its ALOT of hide off his back

mustang04
09-15-2006, 03:03 PM
So are you telling me that if you were working for a company and were competing for a promotion and didn't get it, and you later found out that the other person cheated and got it, that you wouldn't take the promotion afterwards?
thats a completely different analogy...how does reggie accepting money affect put him ahead of others in the race for the heisman?!:rolleyes:

JasperDog94
09-15-2006, 03:04 PM
doesnt mean they are right about their rules....just like how reggie might now have been right about accepting money...but guess what, he can still do it cuz nobody could "physically" stop him Then lobby to change them instead of making excuses for people breaking them.

Txbroadcaster
09-15-2006, 03:06 PM
doesnt mean they are right about their rules....just like how reggie might now have been right about accepting money...but guess what, he can still do it cuz nobody could "physically" stop him

either way...hes still a millionare and GREAT RB in the NFL...so....im sure its ALOT of hide off his back

Your confusing if the rule is a good rule. That does not matter. The fact is it is a rule. I can debate all day if it is a good one or not, I see both sides of the argument, but the simple fact is as long as the rule is in the book, it should not be broken

mustang04
09-15-2006, 03:07 PM
Then lobby to change them instead of making excuses for people breaking them.

im not really making excuses for him breaking them....im just more or less saying..he had already won the heisman, and he has other things to worry about than them taking away the "title"

mustang04
09-15-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Your confusing if the rule is a good rule. That does not matter. The fact is it is a rule. I can debate all day if it is a good one or not, I see both sides of the argument, but the simple fact is as long as the rule is in the book, it should not be broken

so go ahead and let them take his trophie...im saying in no way did accepting money affect his performance to win heisman

rules are there...they can either be followed or broken....and ppl will do one or the other....plain and simple

Txbroadcaster
09-15-2006, 03:15 PM
so go ahead and let them take his trophie...im saying in no way did accepting money affect his performance to win heisman

rules are there...they can either be followed or broken....and ppl will do one or the other....plain and simple

This is not just about him winning an award...It can affect the school as well depending on how much they knew about it.

Also if he is willing to break this rule, then what does it say about him and what other rules he is willing to break?

And dont confuse what I say with any hatred. I like Reggie, though I think he is a bit overrated. But I would say same thing of ANY football player.

WestTXLonghorn
09-15-2006, 03:16 PM
yall act like its such a HUGE thing for an athlete to accept money in college...i'd tell you right now, if i was a top football player in the nation and someone wanted to help out w/ my family and whatnot...i'd accept the money....theres NO wrong in it...like seriously,...how does it affect the NCAA as a whole??? they could worry about players on steroids or doing drugs or committing illegal crimes, but yet they make a BIG DEAL about players accepting money from people who want to give them money

by the way, if i was Reggie, well, my name IS reggie, but if i was BUSH, i'd shake it off....he's in a different and better place now, cant change the past so might as well do the best he can in the NFL and right now he seems to have a good future in it

Ummm, its wrong because youre making all this cash and the rest of the kids in the NCAA are having to squeeze by on cafeteria food and riding the public bus system.

Reggie Bush is a cheat, a fraud, and he gets loads of favorable media coverage because hes from USC. Hes a freaking joke.

People act like all these players get money and cheat and whatnot. MOST NCAA athletes dont play for a USC, or Notre Shame, or a big time program. Most NCAA athletes play for programs that dont bring in millions of dollars of revenue each year and they dont get jack. So why should Reggie?

Also. . .even if you think the rules suck. . .they are still rules! I dont like that I have to wear a seat belt when I drive, but I still do it. Why? Its the rules and there are punishments if I dont!

The sad part is, there isnt really anything that they can do to him now that hes in the NFL. He has already made his money and the worst they can do is strip him of his Heisman. He will still have all those millions to help him go to sleep at night. What a disgrace....

WestTXLonghorn
09-15-2006, 03:20 PM
Also. . .Reggie is a classless jerk too. The guy acts like he is the second coming of Jesus Christ and he is going to end up being a moderately good player in the NFL at best. He touches the ball all of 20 times a game at most and if you dont average in his punt and kick return yards he looks very mediocre. He just jumps and does cartwheels and wears numbers under his eyes so people think hes really special or something. The best player in college football last year was Vince Young, hands down. I knew it before the season started, and everyone else figured it out after the Rose Bowl.

I hope they strip his Heisman, take away USCs championship, and then Reggie can cry with Matt about how they would beat Texas 9 out of 10 times blah blah blah. I hope the Saints enjoy the media disaster this is going to turn out to be for their "Golden Boy".

mustang04
09-15-2006, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Also. . .Reggie is a classless jerk too. The guy acts like he is the second coming of Jesus Christ and he is going to end up being a moderately good player in the NFL at best. He touches the ball all of 20 times a game at most and if you dont average in his punt and kick return yards he looks very mediocre. He just jumps and does cartwheels and wears numbers under his eyes so people think hes really special or something. The best player in college football last year was Vince Young, hands down. I knew it before the season started, and everyone else figured it out after the Rose Bowl.

I hope they strip his Heisman, take away USCs championship, and then Reggie can cry with Matt about how they would beat Texas 9 out of 10 times blah blah blah. I hope the Saints enjoy the media disaster this is going to turn out to be for their "Golden Boy".

are you serious...he is a ROOKIE....wow, ur acting like he's been in the NFL for 5 years and SHOULD BE BETTER:rolleyes:

by the way...i BELIEVE Vince was the better player last year too! but there is NO DENYING Reggie's skills and if you do its not becaus ethey arent there, its because u dont like him for some other reason:rolleyes:

mustang04
09-15-2006, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Ummm, its wrong because youre making all this cash and the rest of the kids in the NCAA are having to squeeze by on cafeteria food and riding the public bus system.

im barely squeezing through college...but i dont cry about other people's business....mind your own business and worry about YOUR problems and how you are going to work to fix them

Stownhorse
09-15-2006, 03:34 PM
are you serious...he is a ROOKIE....wow, ur acting like he's been in the NFL for 5 years and SHOULD BE BETTER:rolleyes:

by the way...i BELIEVE Vince was the better player last year too! but there is NO DENYING Reggie's skills and if you do its not becaus ethey arent there, its because u dont like him for some other reason:rolleyes:

yea and did you se the nfl combine? He was INSANE!

Phil C
09-15-2006, 03:36 PM
:)

http://www.jefflewisphotography.com/adm/photo/262_VinceYoung.jpg

JasperDog94
09-15-2006, 03:38 PM
No doubt that he has skills. But to win the award, you gotta follow the rules. You don't play by the rules, then you don't get the award.

Think of how many people you know or played with in the past that could have been awesome if they had just listened to their coaches and followed the rules. There have been numerous guys from Jasper that could have been amazing at the next level. They just couldn't hack the dicipline and rules. It's their loss.

mustang04
09-15-2006, 03:56 PM
No doubt that he has skills. But to win the award, you gotta follow the rules. You don't play by the rules, then you don't get the award.

Think of how many people you know or played with in the past that could have been awesome if they had just listened to their coaches and followed the rules. There have been numerous guys from Jasper that could have been amazing at the next level. They just couldn't hack the dicipline and rules. It's their loss.

yeah..but i wouldnt want to know that i won the Heisman not because i was the better player, but the player who was better broke some rule....its the sense of pride of knowign that YOU were the BETTER player...not that you MR. lil perfect and followed all the rules

now last years case is awkward..cuz i thought vince young deserved it more...but i dont think he'd want to win it this way....

Pudlugger
09-15-2006, 03:59 PM

So true, so sad.:(