PDA

View Full Version : Man they are good!!!

hawkfan
09-14-2006, 09:10 PM
Watching Southlake Carroll and it is 31-0 at haftime. Both of Evangel's QB are out of the game along with one of their CBs.

awizzy
09-14-2006, 09:11 PM
i tought it was 34-0 they had a 45 yard kick just be4 half...how are these guys not number 1 in the nation..let alone there own state

hawkfan
09-14-2006, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by awizzy
i tought it was 34-0 they had a 45 yard kick just be4 half...how are these guys not number 1 in the nation..let alone there own state

My bad I quit watching at 31-0 with about 20 seconds left.

slpybear the bullfan
09-14-2006, 09:25 PM
That hit from SLC #42 to put out the EC #7 QB was absolutely devastating.

We had to rewind the TIVO a couple of times... Wow.

I wouldn't give SLC the #1 slot just yet.... A stat on the bottom of the screen before half said Evangeline has lost their last 4 straight non-district games. :thinking:

Besides, until Lufkin loses they should stay ahead of SLC.

just my .02!

gobblerguy6405
09-14-2006, 10:05 PM
that back up back up qb is pretty good........i think he should have started...but i also didnt get to see the other 2 since i just turned it on

The One
09-14-2006, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
That hit from SLC #42 to put out the EC #7 QB was absolutely devastating.

We had to rewind the TIVO a couple of times... Wow.

I wouldn't give SLC the #1 slot just yet.... A stat on the bottom of the screen before half said Evangeline has lost their last 4 straight non-district games. :thinking:

Besides, until Lufkin loses they should stay ahead of SLC.

just my .02!
How can Lufkin stay ahead Sleepy??? Carroll won the State Championship last year... Until someone knocks them off the top of the hill they deserve to sit at the throne!!
Just my .02!

SintonFan
09-14-2006, 10:43 PM
Alas the DFW Football conspiracy(coalition ehh whatever...) grows and grows...:( ;) :p
I'm just happy they took it to those-we-don't-speak-of (not-from-Texas).:clap:

slpybear the bullfan
09-14-2006, 10:45 PM
Too many preseason polls...

eagles_victory
09-14-2006, 10:50 PM
more like man there bad evangel is so overrated. They were good in the past but they havent been good for a while the last 3 or 4 years they have been getting killed by high profile teams. SLC needs to play Hoover or Jimmy Clausens team

PPHSfan
09-14-2006, 10:55 PM
ECA played Lufkin close two weeks ago.

SLC just dominated them.

Look for a swing in the polls.

Matthew328
09-14-2006, 11:43 PM
SLC has won 3 in a row over Lufkin...until Lufkin beats em or SLC loses....SLC is #1

Old Tiger
09-15-2006, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
more like man there bad evangel is so overrated. They were good in the past but they havent been good for a while the last 3 or 4 years they have been getting killed by high profile teams. SLC needs to play Hoover or Jimmy Clausens team SLC would beat Hoover just as bad.

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
SLC would beat Hoover just as bad.

Nope,

But I think SLC would win.

It would be a great game.

You really shouldn't make predictions unless you have seen a team play.

P.S.

Mtv highlights don't count.

Old Tiger
09-15-2006, 12:12 AM
Hoover sucks!!! It's all about Texas!!! :D

Sorry for the homer post :D

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 12:13 AM
There are five teams in LA that could have given SLC a much better game than ECA.

ECA is down compared to past teams.

But SLC is still a monster.

Old Tiger
09-15-2006, 12:14 AM
AND this was supposed to be a re-building year. :rolleyes:

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 12:14 AM
I am a homer too. I think SLC is the best in the land until beaten. But I am also a realist. Hoover and about ten teams in the land could play with SLC. ECA ain't one of them.

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 12:15 AM
Let's not also forget that ECA was hanging with SLC until they lost both QB's and their Best DB.

wedo
09-15-2006, 12:18 AM
I didn't even know they were playing!! gosh!!! What channel??/

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by wedo
I didn't even know they were playing!! gosh!!! What channel??/

Your too late....we done et.

wedo
09-15-2006, 12:24 AM
Was it on foxsport?? If it was they will show it agian about 20 times!!

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 12:25 AM
Yes

kepdawg
09-15-2006, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Let's not also forget that ECA was hanging with SLC until they lost both QB's and their Best DB.

Maybe SLC just takes a while to get going. :thinking:

SintonFan
09-15-2006, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Maybe the game will start in 15 minutes and then they won't lose the game now.:thinking:

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg

Hey Kep,

I aint taking anything away from SLC. I think they are the best program in the land. When is the last time I said something about a football team that wasn't pretty accurate?

I just think cramming SLC down the rest of the country's throat is a little arrogant. SLC is a great program...so are about TEN other programs around the country.

ECA ain't one of them.

Do I need to name ten teams that could compete with SLC other than Lufkin?

mustang04
09-15-2006, 12:39 AM

i'd like to see that list yes...

kepdawg
09-15-2006, 12:40 AM
Hey Kep,

I aint taking anything away from SLC. I think they are the best program in the land. When is the last time I said something about a football team that wasn't pretty accurate?

I just think cramming SLC down the rest of the country's throat is a little arrogant. SLC is a great program...so are about TEN other programs around the country.

ECA ain't one of them.

I'm sorry. I beg the king's forgiveness! I did not realize I was "cramming SLC down the rest of the country's throat." I just think they take a little while to get going.

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
i'd like to see that list yes...

Is that a challenge?

mustang04
09-15-2006, 12:43 AM
Is that a challenge?

nooo...im just curious..i dont really keep up with teams around the nation...and i just wanna know who all is throwing good programs out there...that ok?!?!

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 12:53 AM
Hoover could play with SLC. So could John Curtis. You can see both teams play at the end of the month and judge for yourself.

Lakeland Flordia has every bit as much talent and speed, and would give SLC all they wanted.

Saint Xavier in Ohio, and Byrnes in SC could play with them. I watched Byrnes play Glades out of Florida this year and Both of them could play with SLC.

That is six off the top of my head from around the country.

I will give you four from texas that could play with them this year.

Lufkin will be a great game. Garland can play with them.

Highland Park and Lamarque in 4a could play with SLC too.

Do I think any of these teams would beat them?

Probably not three out of five times...but I think they could all hang with them for four quarters and give em all they wanted.

mustang04
09-15-2006, 12:54 AM
Hoover could play with SLC. So could John Curtis. You can see both teams play at the end of the month and judge for yourself.

Lakeland Flordia has every bit as much talent and speed, and would give SLC all they wanted.

Saint Xavier in Ohio, and Byrnes in SC could play with them. I watched Byrnes play Glades out of Florida this year and Both of them could play with SLC.

That is six off the top of my head from around the country.

I will give you four from texas that could play with them this year.

Lufkin will be a great game. Garland can play with them.

Highland Park and Lamarque in 4a could play with SLC too.

Do I think any of these teams would beat them?

Probably not three out of five times...but I think they could all hang with them for four quarters and give em all they wanted.

thanks! thats all i wanted to know!

g$$
09-15-2006, 04:38 AM
Until those teams beat SLC, how can you say they would do so? SLC has owned Lufkin 3 straight years. SLC is a national power & I am proud to say from Texas. They are the defending mythical National HS Champions. They belong on top until someone knocks them off. Since 2002, they are 66-1 w/ 3 state 5A titles & counting. Last year they avenged the one loss to Katy.

Riley Dodge (Jr. qb) is very athletic. He will play D1 somewhere at a position to be determined. Reminds me of Chad Schroeder in hs at Austin Westlake. The ol' Port Arthur boy Todd Dodge has continued to build a great program year after year, following Bob Ledbetter at SLC. Give them credit.

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Until those teams beat SLC, how can you say they would do so? SLC has owned Lufkin 3 straight years. SLC is a national power & I am proud to say from Texas. They are the defending mythical National HS Champions. They belong on top until someone knocks them off. Since 2002, they are 66-1 w/ 3 state 5A titles & counting. Last year they avenged the one loss to Katy.

Riley Dodge (Jr. qb) is very athletic. He will play D1 somewhere at a position to be determined. Reminds me of Chad Schroeder in hs at Austin Westlake. The ol' Port Arthur boy Todd Dodge has continued to build a great program year after year, following Bob Ledbetter at SLC. Give them credit.

Gave them all kinds of credit. Didn't say that any of them would beat them. Yall need to quit reading my posts with your green colored Texas shaped glasses on. geeeeeeeeez.

g$$
09-18-2006, 03:45 AM
I am not from SLC - not even the same part of Texas. I just give credit where it's due. Love them or hate them, SLC is a state & national power. Until knocked off, they belong on top where they finished last year.