PDA

View Full Version : The worst injury in highschool football?

Paratrooper
09-14-2006, 09:04 PM
What is the worst injury you have ever seen in highschool football?

I have seen some scary ones through the years, but I can remember my senior year playing Vidor where I was blocking this guy on a kickoff and someone got pinned underneath him. I could hear this guy screaming as I shoved him over this other kid. He ended up tearing up his knee really bad as it was just an unfortunate position he had placed his leg in. What were some of yours?

LH Panther Mom
09-14-2006, 09:10 PM
Snapped femur a few inches above the knee

I know there's another one, that was probably worse, since the player was in a partial body cast for awhile, but I've forgotten what exactly was broken.

3afan
09-14-2006, 09:31 PM
this is dark thread .... :(

slpybear the bullfan
09-14-2006, 09:35 PM
Decatur 53 - Bridgeport 9. 1989. Ugly. Very Ugly.

JR2004
09-14-2006, 09:37 PM
I was sitting on the 25 yard line on the Everman side when they played Burnet for the state title in 2002. That injury that Corey Fulbright took on that collision is probably the worst thing I've ever seen in person on a football field. There may have been worse injuries, but honestly I can't think of one that could be more devastating than losing the use of your arms and legs. That was just such an unfortunate and gut wrenching thing to see happen to the kid.

RiverRat19
09-14-2006, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I was sitting on the 25 yard line on the Everman side when they played Burnet for the state title in 2002. That injury that Corey Fulbright took on that collision is probably the worst thing I've ever seen in person on a football field. There may have been worse injuries, but honestly I can't think of one that could be more devastating than losing the use of your arms and legs. That was just such an unfortunate and gut wrenching thing to see happen to the kid.

Aside from dying, that's about as bad as it gets. I have seen the Theisman break in person on the field- gruesome.

CalallenWildcat
09-14-2006, 11:07 PM
Junior High 7th grade football, but...

A player on the opposing team in one of my games got a compound fracture in his right arm.

Old Tiger
09-14-2006, 11:19 PM
Any injury that results in the athlete becoming paralized.

Matthew328
09-14-2006, 11:41 PM
There was nothing worse than seeing Corey Fulbright getting paralyzed in the state championship game in 2002...you just wanted to cry watching that...the silence was maybe the worst part...I remember that the most...it was just horrifying...

Paratrooper
09-15-2006, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
this is dark thread .... :(

Yes but interesting.

BrahmaMom
09-15-2006, 11:58 PM
Can anyone update us on Corey's status now. That was the tragedy of the season. The worst injury I witnessed was my Div I, Big 12 bound son tearing his ACL the first game of his senior year. It was excruciating to watchas a mother. He ended up playing football at Rice University, which has been great. God handles the details.

Tweeder215
09-16-2006, 01:06 AM
I was in 7th grade and playing center and the right tackle for us had fallen down. As he was getting up a kid from the opposing team (it just so happened to be Snyder) stomped/kicked him in the arm that he was picking himself up off the ground with and his forearm snapped in half, broke both bones and dangled at a 90 degree angle as he was helped off the field.

DU_stud04
09-16-2006, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
I was in 7th grade and playing center and the right tackle for us had fallen down. As he was getting up a kid from the opposing team (it just so happened to be Snyder) stomped/kicked him in the arm that he was picking himself up off the ground with and his forearm snapped in half, broke both bones and dangled at a 90 degree angle as he was helped off the field.

yo, i remember that,(but we were in big spring and we were on defense, our tackle tackled the rb and made him fumble, he wasnt too happy.... rest of the story is correct)

loboes86
09-16-2006, 09:00 AM
Son his freshman year broke both bones about 6" inches above the ankle, one of the bones broke thru the skin. Still has two rods in leg.

PPHSfan
09-16-2006, 09:21 AM
I tried to steal a nacho from G2 at a playoff game one time. I walk with a limp now.

Maroon87
09-16-2006, 10:13 AM
My junior year we had a stud RB (a senior) who was being recruited by several D-1 colleges. During a playoff game with S.A. Southwest, he was in the game as an extra DB (Southwest's QB was Ty Detmer so they threw almost every play) and while he was making a tackle one of our teammates fell on his leg and shredded his knee. That was tough to watch on several levels.:(

htowntransplant
09-16-2006, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
What is the worst injury you have ever seen in highschool football?

I have seen some scary ones through the years, but I can remember my senior year playing Vidor where I was blocking this guy on a kickoff and someone got pinned underneath him. I could hear this guy screaming as I shoved him over this other kid. He ended up tearing up his knee really bad as it was just an unfortunate position he had placed his leg in. What were some of yours?

anything similar to the one in the a&m consolidated game. that is unimaginable. lord knows what his teammates were going through :(

DU_stud04
09-16-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I tried to steal a nacho from G2 at a playoff game one time. I walk with a limp now.

:eek: HAHAHA!!!:doh: :D

Daddy D 11
09-16-2006, 12:46 PM
Eighth grade year verse llano, most talented player on my team calls a fair catch on a punt only to catch the ball and get steamrolled ( taking TWO helmet to helmet hits ) by two players. Was complety knocked out for the next hour until he reached the nearest hospital...