PDA

View Full Version : Need your input

Administrator
11-12-2002, 03:16 PM
Ok guys, I've made the move to the other server and everything is complete. Not all was done on Saturday that was originally scheduled.

Can you notice a difference in speed, performance, etc? let me know if it seems to be faster. Thanks

PPHSfan
11-12-2002, 03:24 PM
Well I did notice that I had to log back in when you switched. LOL. Will have to wait till it gets busy to let you know if the bandwidth has improved.

P.S. I would like to see the HTML turned back on :D

Ranger Mom
11-12-2002, 05:10 PM
Sign on seems somewhat faster, replying to a post doesn't seem to be much different.

I have received the same message once about server being busy since the upgrade.

Keep up the good work though!! :)

eye of the tiger
11-12-2002, 05:28 PM
Lots faster for me. Thanks

Chris Hart
11-12-2002, 06:32 PM
I didn't notice much of a difference Sat. afternoon or Sunday, but Monday and today it has seemed much faster. Thanks for the upgrades!

bleedgreen
11-12-2002, 07:29 PM
Even with my dial-up modem, the pages are loading much faster. I'm hooked on 3A Down Low.
Thanks for all you do.

VWG
11-12-2002, 08:12 PM
I think that going from page to page is still the same speed. Logging on seems faster though.

Ranger Mom
11-12-2002, 08:28 PM
I think this problem may be with my computer, but I have noticed everytime I sign on, go to a different page, etc, I keep getting an internet explorer script error. It is only happening on this site, as of today. I may need to upgrade to a higher version. Anyone know what may be causing this???

sinton66
11-12-2002, 09:09 PM
RangerMom, you might want to go into windows internet options(under "tools"), and delete all cookies, then sign back in. I was getting bin error messages for a while, and that fixed my problem.

<small>[ November 12, 2002, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

sinton66
11-12-2002, 09:11 PM
Administrator, it seems faster for me tonight than it was last night.

Ranger Mom
11-12-2002, 10:15 PM
sinton66:
RangerMom, you might want to go into windows internet options(under "tools"), and delete all cookies, then sign back in. I was getting bin error messages for a while, and that fixed my problem.I'll try that -- thanks!!

Puppetmaster101
11-12-2002, 10:17 PM
All I know is I dont get blank pages anymore :D many thanks.

aamove
11-12-2002, 10:38 PM
Everything seems to be going faster for me. Thanks for a good site and for all your work on it.

SintonFan
11-12-2002, 10:40 PM
It seems a little faster. But then again I got Roadrunner a few weeks ago. :)
Since this weekend I've had only one error, before that I was getting alot of them.

Ranger Mom
11-12-2002, 10:53 PM
I took Sinton66's advice and deleted my cookies, (man, I must not have done that in ages!!) It not only took care of the script error problem, but EVERYTHING is going ALOT faster!!

KTownBalla
11-12-2002, 11:12 PM
it's gotten better. Just the links and goign from Region to Region and so forth, is a lil sluggish, but better than before.

Administrator
11-14-2002, 12:01 PM
glad to see that most everyone is having a much better experience with the faster server and faster page loads..

Some other news, since the current software is STILL such a memory and processor hog, I'm looking into upgrading the board again. This board can not handle several people reading at once and posting at once as its all very old CGI based scripts. I have checked the stats for 3adownlow, and this site in 2 weeks (back in early October) has received 20,000 hits! This board software is not made to handle the mass amount of people visiting. so don't get too used to this format.. The new software will still offer the same features, and probably even BETTER features.. However, it probably won't be implemented until after the football season. I'll keep everyone informed before the changes makes place. Also, before I do the change, I'll hopefully have a 'demo' board setup for everyone to get used to and play around with. During the upgrade, I will keep Matthew328 informed.

PPHS: HTML is actually dangerous having it turned on where anyone can post dangerous code. There are several codes one could put in the text box to cause many people problems, locking up their computer, even self launch virii now. It's for the safety of all of the 3a visitors.

spiveyrat
11-14-2002, 12:22 PM
oh yeah... much faster now!