CalallenWildcat
09-14-2006, 08:17 PM
37-10 now pending PAT, 31 seconds from halftime

tigerpride_08
09-14-2006, 08:26 PM
a very good team...

hutex04
09-14-2006, 09:40 PM
maryland sux, west virginia plays no one on that schedule they have.

District303aPastPlayer
09-15-2006, 03:25 AM
Notre Dame vs West Virginia
Fiesta Bowl
National Championship :)

g$$
09-15-2006, 04:46 AM
Don't forget they beat Georgia last year in the Sugar Bowl, & are now a year older. This team is better than some give them credit for being. If they get by Louisville, look out. They may play in the MNC if they run the table.

CalallenWildcat
09-15-2006, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by hutex04
maryland sux, west virginia plays no one on that schedule they have.

Maryland may get into a bowl this year.

wedo
09-15-2006, 07:51 AM
Wow who is Maryland? When was the last time they had a winning team?? West Virginia Has not and Does play anybody so im not sold on them until they beat a team thats at least in the top ten!!! They might as well be playin Wharton County Junior College!!!! The only tough game they have is Louiville and there not that good anymore after they lost Bush!!!

wedo
09-15-2006, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Don't forget they beat Georgia last year in the Sugar Bowl, & are now a year older. This team is better than some give them credit for being. If they get by Louisville, look out. They may play in the MNC if they run the table.

If ND and Ohio State go undeafeated or someone in a better Conference they won't jump them b/c of the big east sux and their strenght of schedule!!!

JasperDog94
09-15-2006, 07:53 AM
Please, for the love of everything holy, can we please get a playoff system?:dispntd: :crazy:

wedo
09-15-2006, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Please, for the love of everything holy, can we please get a playoff system?:dispntd: :crazy:

I wish!! Its all about the money with the NCAA !!!!

KTJ
09-15-2006, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by g$$

There's no feasible way they would jump Ohio State, ND, or Auburn if they are undefeated.

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 08:29 AM
West Virginia may have the best tailback in the NCAA.

And Maryland has had a lot of good teams.

They are down this year however.

But WV is the real deal.

They can play with anyone.

wedo
09-15-2006, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
West Virginia may have the best tailback in the NCAA.

And Maryland has had a lot of good teams.

They are down this year however.

But WV is the real deal.

They can play with anyone.

they COULD play with anyone!! But they don't and that why im not convinced they are the real deal !!! so your telling me they could compete with Auburn, ND, Ohio State ????

Please Steve Magee could win the heisman if he played in the big east!!!

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by wedo
they COULD play with anyone!! But they don't and that why im not convinced they are the real deal !!! so your telling me they could compete with Auburn, ND, Ohio State ????

Please Steve Magee could win the heisman if he played in the big east!!!

I already told you what I thought. You asking me to repeat myself is redundant.

eagles_victory
09-15-2006, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by wedo

Please Steve Magee could win the heisman if he played in the big east!!! they could compete with those 3 teams and the big east isnt as bad as your saying. Mcgee winning the heisman in the big east yea right

KTJ
09-15-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
the big east isnt as bad as your saying.

Yes it is.

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 09:51 AM
The Big East is Weak...but WV is good.

Phil C
09-15-2006, 10:24 AM
We can't underestimate Maryland. They are a great team. Plus last year we have to remember they were the Men's Soccer National Champions and the Women's Basketball National Champions.

Also we must especially remember they have had great football teams in the past. Coach Bear Bryant coached there in 1945. Also in 1953 they were the National Champions in College Football! :eek:

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 10:28 AM
Godfather,

I already told them MD has had good teams in the past.

They just won't listen.

g$$
09-18-2006, 03:30 AM
I never said anything about Auburn or others. I am dealing in realities, & that is WVU may run the table & play for it all if they get by Louisville. I personally think Auburn vs. Ohio State may be the MNC game. But it is only September. Texas & ND are 1 loss teams now too.

WVU has some playmakers & that cannot be denied. Now defense, not so sure about them. Va Tech played FSU a few years back & this year looks eerily similar.

big daddy russ
09-18-2006, 04:24 AM
I really like WVU. Speed, speed, and more speed.

As far as Maryland, Freidgen's had two down years, but they had consecutive 10-win seasons a couple of years back. They're not as bad as everyone here thinks, they just play in one of (if not the) toughest conferences in the country and have suffered through a bad rash of injuries the past two years. They've only won five games each season over that span, but they have two wins over top-25 teams, including one over fifth-ranked Florida State two years ago.

If it's not a Big XII team, the entire Downlow thinks they suck and they're overrated. I wish everyone would actually sit down all day one Saturday and watch these other teams. The football we play doesn't compare with the football they're playing back East. We're not even close. Everyone's been knocking Notre Dame all year, shouting about how overrated they are, but everyone's quick to forget how they handed it to the then-19th-ranked Nittany Lions. There's only one team in the conference that belongs on the same field with the Golden Domers, and it ain't Nebraska, OU, Tech, or A&M.

By the same token, the only team in the Big XII that's in the same stratosphere as WVU plays in Austin. And if you don't believe that, then you need to start watching some more football. Period.

District303aPastPlayer
09-18-2006, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I really like WVU. Speed, speed, and more speed.

As far as Maryland, Freidgen's had two down years, but they had consecutive 10-win seasons a couple of years back. They're not as bad as everyone here thinks, they just play in one of (if not the) toughest conferences in the country and have suffered through a bad rash of injuries the past two years. They've only won five games each season over that span, but they have two wins over top-25 teams, including one over fifth-ranked Florida State two years ago.

If it's not a Big XII team, the entire Downlow thinks they suck and they're overrated. I wish everyone would actually sit down all day one Saturday and watch these other teams. The football we play doesn't compare with the football they're playing back East. We're not even close. Everyone's been knocking Notre Dame all year, shouting about how overrated they are, but everyone's quick to forget how they handed it to the then-19th-ranked Nittany Lions. There's only one team in the conference that belongs on the same field with the Golden Domers, and it ain't Nebraska, OU, Tech, or A&M.

By the same token, the only team in the Big XII that's in the same stratosphere as WVU plays in Austin. And if you don't believe that, then you need to start watching some more football. Period.

thank you!

g$$
09-18-2006, 04:42 AM
Agreed, but I am not ready to annoint Notre Dame just yet. Penn State is young this year too. The Big 12 is down without a doubt. SEC & ACC toughest right now across the board.

WVU has speed to burn. Watch out for them at year's end.