PDA

View Full Version : Dog "The Bounty Hunter" Arrested!

AP Panther Fan
09-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Disturbing stuff...I just watched it on MSNBC at lunch. Will try to find article or link to post.

Ranger Mom
09-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Disturbing stuff...I just watched it on MSNBC at lunch. Will try to find article or link to post.

Lepfan will be devastated!!!

Gobbla2001
09-14-2006, 02:03 PM
What happened?

All of the drugs they had the people flush down the toilet actually led to secret chamber where they collected the drugs and sold them?

Blastoderm55
09-14-2006, 02:03 PM
What happened???? I just watched him last night. :(

Snyder_TigerFan
09-14-2006, 02:05 PM
Here's what I found

"Dog" Chapman Arrested, Faces Extradition
Posted Sep 14th 2006 2:38PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Celebrity Justice, TV

MSNBC's Rita Cosby is reporting that Duane Dog Chapman, star of the A&E reality series "Dog the Bounty Hunter," and two members of his bounty hunting team (including his son) were arrested by U.S. officials today for extradition to Mexico. Cosby is reporting that Mexican government officials wanted the three men sent back there in relation to a three-year-old case.

In 2003, Chapman traveled to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico to retrieve Max Factor cosmetics heir Andrew Luster, who was wanted in the U.S. on rape charges. Luster is now in jail, serving a 124-year term. The Chapmans were jailed in Mexico for a brief time for the incident three years ago. Bounty hunting is considered a crime in Mexico.

Dog's wife, Beth Chapman, said 12 armed marshals "came through the door" at 6:00AM this morning. She said they took their daughter's boyfriend down at gunpoint. Dog was sleeping at the time.

TMZ spoke with Nicky Credic from the U.S. Marshals Office. She said, "The arrest warrant was signed by a U.S. magistrate in Hawaii on September 13. The warrant was based on a formal request based on a diplomatic note from the government of Mexico."

AP Panther Fan
09-14-2006, 02:06 PM
I am a bit busy, but the jest of it is that 12 U.S. Marshalls stormed his house at 6:00 this morning and took him under arrest. They then went and arrested his brother, Tim and son, Leland.

This has to do with them going into Mexico 3 years ago and apprehending a rapist that was wanted in the U.S. The rapist (now in prison) happens to be an heir to the Max Factor corporation. This reeks of bad politics.:(

Blastoderm55
09-14-2006, 02:07 PM
They finally acted on that. That happened in 03 when he apprehended a notorious fugitive. Guess the Federales were pissed that Dog caught the guy instead of them. This is ridiculous. :mad:

AP Panther Fan
09-14-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Lepfan will be devastated!!!

I am devastated too....I love that show! My daughters will be equally devastated when they find out.

They were actually in the middle of filming for the upcoming season!

Gobbla2001
09-14-2006, 02:09 PM
Mexico actually want people coming in there? Thought they wanted everybody out...

AP Panther Fan
09-14-2006, 02:10 PM
New Presidente and I bet there is some $$$ involved or it is a power play. Just my guess.

Blastoderm55
09-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Max Factor heir probably threw a lot of money at them. Its ok. Ozzy Osbourne's kid is a producer for the show so hopefully all the money of the dark side will be available to help Dog. :cool:

AP Panther Fan
09-14-2006, 02:17 PM
Rita Cosby interviewed his wife, Beth, by phone while I was at home for lunch. Beth said that if they (U.S. Marshalls) would have called him and just told him to come in...he would have.

piratebg
09-14-2006, 02:19 PM
This is messed up. You think Mexico would be happy that Dog got that dude out of their country. This whole thing is just for publicity. If they convinct him, I say we invade Mexico and get him out. Viva la revolucion!!!

EricDraven
09-14-2006, 02:21 PM
What a load. He catches a freakin' rapist and the Mexican government that provides the US with so much says jump and we do. T

GOFOR2
09-14-2006, 02:43 PM
This is so much bogus.
Mexico must be ticked about the wall that is going up along the border and Bush's politics towards illegals.

injuredinmelee
09-14-2006, 02:45 PM
why do we extradite to Mexico but Mexico will not extradite to us? I would have told them to get screwed.

lepfan
09-14-2006, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I am a bit busy, but the jest of it is that 12 U.S. Marshalls stormed his house at 6:00 this morning and took him under arrest. They then went and arrested his brother, Tim and son, Leland.

This has to do with them going into Mexico 3 years ago and apprehending a rapist that was wanted in the U.S. The rapist (now in prison) happens to be an heir to the Max Factor corporation. This reeks of bad politics.:( I agree...we all know the politics in MEXICO are always on the up and up :rolleyes: I will fight for Dog. ;) :)

Tiger Baseball
09-14-2006, 05:53 PM
Does anyone know where the Dogs home town is...:thinking: Well if no one knows it is Pampa, TX...:cool:

AP Panther Fan
09-14-2006, 08:32 PM
I know it's not football, BUT anyone interested in this story should log into MSNBC.com and watch the videos.

:mad: :mad: :foul: