PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday on I-10

STANG RED
09-14-2006, 01:34 PM
I was heading out west on I10 from San Antonio. After I finally get clear of all the traffic and crazy drivers, I come across a sign, that says "Welfare 1 mile". I have a little chuckle, as I always do when I see that sign, and think to myself, now who would want to live in a place called Welfare? Anyway, I travel that mile (quickly, I'm running 85), see the exit for Welfare, have another little chuckle, then press on. Pretty soon I come up on a sign that says "Comfort 9 miles". Now I'm thinking, with a name like Comfort, that should be a great place to live. Now I Know that its just a little hole in the wall, and probably isnt really all that great, but you gotta love the name. Anyway, as I'm driving and thinking, I came up with a thought (had nothing better to do anyway).
So here is what Im gonna do some day. I'm gonna move to Comfort, and get an easy job in Welfare, where I dont really have to do anything. Why? you ask. Cause for once in my life, I want to kick back, and live in Comfort while spending Welfare money! And I figure thats the only way it's ever gonna happen. :D

Amazing what runs through your mind when your driving down the road, is'nt it.:doh:

Adidas410s
09-14-2006, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Amazing what runs through your mind when your driving down the road, is'nt it.:doh:

I spend at least 2 hrs in my car every day...and yes I have many an intersting thought!

Ranger Mom
09-14-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I spend at least 2 hrs in my car every day...and yes I have many an intersting thought!

I'm either on the phone (I know...Im a bad girl)....or singing at the top of my lungs!!:D

Gobbla2001
09-14-2006, 01:46 PM
What makes me chuckle is coming into Cuero from San Antone on HWY 87...

Just past an intersection is a sign that says "Cuero 3 miles"... three miles later, just past the Guadalupe River bridge another sign says "Cuero, 3 miles".....

?????????????????

pirate4state
09-14-2006, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I'm either on the phone (I know...Im a bad girl)....or singing at the top of my lungs!!:D No wonder we get along so well!! I don't spend too much time on the phone though, it cuts into my "singing at the top of my lungs" time!! :D

STANG RED
09-14-2006, 02:50 PM
LOL, I get a kick out of watching people sing at the top of their lungs while driving.................Then I wonder if I look that goofey to, when I'm doing it. :D

Ranger Mom
09-14-2006, 02:51 PM
LOL, I get a kick out of watching people sing at the top of their lungs while driving.................Then I wonder if I look that goofey to, when I'm doing it. :D

Yeah....you do!!

I especially love watching people play the "air drums"!!

PPHSfan
09-14-2006, 02:59 PM
You need to quit drinking so much red bull.

Gobbla2001
09-14-2006, 03:04 PM
Yeah....you do!!

Dear lord... some of us from work and their families were going up to New Braunfels to tube and stuff last year and I had one of the guys ride with me because his wife had one of their vehicles at the airport she was flying into and they were just gunna ride back together...

We get on I-10 in between Luling and Seguin and the guy pops in one of his CD's and plays air guitar all of the way to New Braunfels... I was laughing inside so bad... I told the other guys from work and we make fun of him all of the time now...

STANG RED
09-14-2006, 03:07 PM
Yeah....you do!!

HA HA, I dont do the air drums,,,,,,but I have found three places on my steering wheel that make some pretty good drum sounds, with my index finger. Begins to hurt after a while though. :D

TheDOCTORdre
09-14-2006, 03:09 PM
I was heading out west on I10 from San Antonio. After I finally get clear of all the traffic and crazy drivers, I come across a sign, that says "Welfare 1 mile". I have a little chuckle, as I always do when I see that sign, and think to myself, now who would want to live in a place called Welfare?
My brother was youth pastoring in Odessa and I was helping at the time as a counselor. When summer time came around the youth group loaded in the vans and we headed to San Antonio for a day at Fiesta Texas. On the wasy up there we passed the same sign, "Welfare 1 Mile" A kid in the group named Gary tells my brother to pull over because he has to do something. SO my brother pulls over and this kid stands underneath the welfare sign and has us take a picture of him. Gary is always jokingabout how poor he is and how his family is on food stamps and all this good stuff so now we have a picture of him on the way to "Welfare"