PDA

View Full Version : If You Could Travel Anywhere(NF)

EricDraven
09-14-2006, 12:51 PM
Favorite cities thread got me to thinking. Where would you recommend visiting or have always hoped to go? I'm pretty much a Texas boy and most of our vacations are in this great state. Wife and kids want to go somewhere "special" this next summer.

Old Tiger
09-14-2006, 12:53 PM
Greece

Gobbla2001
09-14-2006, 12:56 PM
I wanna go #2 here:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/G2G2001.jpg

Adidas410s
09-14-2006, 12:56 PM
Germany/Austria (Bavarian Region)
Japan
Scotland/Ireland/England (non-London)
Las Vegas
San Diego
Seattle/Vancouver
British Columbia
Snyder

Gobbla2001
09-14-2006, 12:58 PM
Honestly I want to visit Northern California, Oregon, Washinton State, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah (get married to a few ladies while I'm there) etc...

I also want to go to Europe...

EricDraven
09-14-2006, 12:59 PM
Okay, that's one place I DO NOT wish to visit.

Always wanted to go to Scotland or Ireland.

PPHSfan
09-14-2006, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Honestly I want to visit Northern California, Oregon, Washinton State, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah (get married to a few ladies while I'm there) etc...

I also want to go to Europe...

Gobb,

The pacific northwest is a great place to visit. I would even consider living there if it were not for all the wackos. One place I have not been yet is Austrailia. I want to visit the outback before I am too old.

Snydertigersrul
09-14-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by EricDraven
Favorite cities thread got me to thinking. Where would you recommend visiting or have always hoped to go? I'm pretty much a Texas boy and most of our vacations are in this great state. Wife and kids want to go somewhere "special" this next summer.

My wife said go to Honolulu,Hawaii.She use to live there.Very beautiful there.

Gobbla2001
09-14-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Gobb,

The pacific northwest is a great place to visit. I would even consider living there if it were not for all the wackos. One place I have not been yet is Austrailia. I want to visit the outback before I am too old.

Yah, I want to go and hunt sasquatch...

then I'll go to Austrailia and hunt the Yeti (or whatever they call theirs, some weird name)...

pirate4state
09-14-2006, 01:19 PM
Gobb,

:clap: This is why I <3 you!! If I HAD to live somewhere else, I'd live in the pacific northwest!! I like all those wackos!! ;)

44INAROW
09-14-2006, 01:21 PM
I've always wanted to go to Fiji.. Not sure why - then on the other end of the spectrum, I'd like to head over to Switerland:)

Ranger Mom
09-14-2006, 01:21 PM
Gobb,

I think Australia is the ONLY place I would care to see outside of the United States!!

Bullaholic
09-14-2006, 01:22 PM
The Costa del Sol of Spain is beautiful. Malaga, Fuengirola, and Torremolinos among others. Not far north to see Valencia, Barcelona, or cross the Gibraltar Straits to Morocco.

Adidas410s
09-14-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I've always wanted to go to Fiji.. Not sure why - then on the other end of the spectrum, I'd like to head over to Switerland:)

true...Fiji and Tahiti are two places I would love to go to.

EricDraven
09-14-2006, 01:32 PM
What about a cruise? Anyone been on one recently?

BHBrave08
09-14-2006, 01:35 PM
A good place to relax and just have fun within the US is Destin, Florida. But I had fun in Vegas too.:rolleyes:

pirate4state
09-14-2006, 01:36 PM
What about a cruise? Anyone been on one recently? I never have, but then again I've never wanted too. My boss just came back from an Alaskan cruise. He said it drove him crazy being on the ship all that time. BUT during my travel agent days I always recommended Mediterrean or Greek Isle cruises!! :thumbsup:

How many in your family? Beaches Resorts has some great family resorts. Turks & Caicos! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Adidas410s
09-14-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by BHBrave08
A good place to relax and just have fun within the US is Destin, Florida. But I had fun in Vegas too.:rolleyes:

just wait another 5 years...Vegas gets A LOT better! :thumbsup:

PPHSfan
09-14-2006, 01:41 PM
What about a cruise? Anyone been on one recently?

I am taking one next june.

I have sent my kids on several, and they like it. They have talked me into going next year.

DU_stud04
09-14-2006, 01:43 PM
tokyo

44INAROW
09-14-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by BHBrave08

been there.. we stayed at Navarre Beach.. beautiful beaches:)

BHBrave08
09-14-2006, 01:55 PM
...and they keep them (the beaches) so clean.

shankbear
09-14-2006, 02:06 PM
Gatlinburg, Tennessee in the fall would be nice. Eat and be entertained at the Dixie Stampede.(Pigeon Forge)

big daddy russ
09-14-2006, 04:55 PM
Bora Bora (If you've never seen a picture, it's a volcano surrounded by several islands... A huge lagoon separates them... Beautiful)
Tahiti (There's a wave that comes in at a certain time during the year that you can surf in and take it back out)
Just south of a' Ticla, Mexico (Nothing out there... no tourists, no unspoiled beaches)
Costa Rica
Pacific Austrlia
New Zealand
Seychelles
Samoan Islands
Easter Islands
Chile
Peru
Haiti
Jamaica
Alaska
Ireland
Spain
Vermont/New Hampshire in the fall
Maine
Puerto Rico (where I want to live eventually)
...and last, but not least, Margaritaville, Key West

injuredinmelee
09-14-2006, 06:05 PM

Wally World. Take the Griswald vacation.

Take them to Vegas. Always a blast. But bring grandma along to watch the kiddos.

lostaussie
09-14-2006, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I think Australia is the ONLY place I would care to see outside of the United States!! :thumbsup: i would like to go see my grandmother. i will take donations:D

shankbear
09-14-2006, 08:25 PM
Have been to the south part of France as well as Paris and Normandy. The historical perspective of the D-Day landing beaches is awesome. The American Cemetery there at Omaha beach is something. I was walking throught the 10,000 crosses and they started playing TAPS and I cried like a baby. Europe was saved there and now they crap on us.

The Roman ruins in the south part of France are incredible. 2thousand years of history.

I just want to go to the Grand Canyon now and to New York City.

Paratrooper
09-14-2006, 08:42 PM
I have lived in many countries - Okinawa, Korea, Japan, Phillipines, Panama, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait

I have visited many other countries but I have found it is best to live there a while to be immersed in the culture. My favorite spot was rarotonga island. It is a little small island in the Cook islands over in the South Pacific. White beaches, clear water and really nice people. I also enjoyed visiting New Zealand. Japan is very nice but very expensive. Panama is the most fun for partying. That place is non stop dancing and drinking. The phillipines as far as a party place runs a close second. Korea, especially Seoul, is probably the cleanest large city I have encountered. However, Korea gets really cold.........like Ice Cold. Kuwait is very nice also. You would be surprised at how well those people live, however, when you cross into Iraq...........well........lol, that place looks like a dump. The people were nice for the most part. If you picture what folks looked like back in the days of the bible, that's what some of the camel herder's looked like.