View Full Version : #8 Longview Spring Hill Panthers

Matthew328
07-01-2002, 09:39 PM
Longview Spring Hill Panthers
School Colors: Blue and White
Last Year: 10-2 bi-district champions
Starters Returning: 9 offense 7 defense
Key Players: TB JaMario Thomas, LB Trent Allen, LB Seth Brown

Matthew328's outlook: Spring Hill has had 2 big seasons in a row but they haven't made it past the third round yet...things could change this year...Thomas is a dangerous as they come in the backfield and had a breakout sophmore season rushing for over 1700 yards and 30TD's (yes 30) he is the main weapon in the SH offense...if the Panthers can get a consistent passing game Thomas could put up even bigger numbers..the defense is led by the 2 LB's who combined for nearly 200 tackles last year...kicker Robert Lee is a weapon as well..Region 2 is always a bear and Spring Hill has gone from also ran to the big cat on the block and they are one of the teams to beat...

Chris Hart
07-01-2002, 10:53 PM
I agree, This will be a great team,I pick them to make the championship game.

------------------
Big Green Dawg

gtownballa
07-18-2002, 10:02 AM
Well everyone is building spring hill up to be all world everything team but i seem to remember them falling short against a gladewater team last year that was missing two good linebackers and i just wanna hear anyones thoughts on how gladewater may fair this year in their new district??

Matthew328
07-18-2002, 04:23 PM
Spring Hill is being touted for good reason...they were 10-2 and gave Gladewater all they wanted...plus they have nearly the whole team back....as for the Bears they'll still be tough...replacing Louvier is the key for them...