PDA

View Full Version : Another Reason to Like Kinky!

Blastoderm55
09-14-2006, 10:21 AM
Friedman for legalizing marijuana
'What we're doing is not working,' he says

By MICHAEL GRACZYK Associated Press
September 14, 2006

AUSTIN - Independent gubernatorial candidate Kinky Friedman said Wednesday he favored legalizing marijuana to keep nonviolent users out of prison and said he would push to release those already in prison for the offense to free prison space for more violent criminals.

"I think that's long overdue," Friedman said in an interview with The Associated Press. "I think everybody knows what (U.S. Sen.) John McCain said is right: We've pretty well lost the war on drugs doing it the way we're doing it. Drugs are more available and cheaper than ever before. What we're doing is not working."

Friedman, an author and entertainer known for his political incorrectness, is trying to unseat incumbent Republican Gov. Rick Perry. Also in the race are Democrat Chris Bell, a former congressman from Houston; and Carole Strayhorn, the Texas comptroller elected as a Republican but running as an independent. The AP is meeting with each of the major candidates in the weeks before the Nov. 7 election. Libertarian James Werner also is running.

Friedman bristled at criticism of his comments about Houston's Katrina evacuees contributing to a spike in crime in the state's largest city; said he would "clean house" in numerous state boards and commissions whose members are appointed by the governor; would get rid of the Texas TAKS test for public school students even if that meant the state would lose federal school money; and would give more careful review to death row inmates facing imminent execution.

Friedman last week said he would provide $100 million to Houston, or any other city facing similar crime problems, so Houston could hire 1,200 new police officers to deal with crime and weed out the "crackheads and thugs" among the thousands of Katrina evacuees from New Orleans who relocated to Houston.

Roundly criticized as a thinly veiled attack on blacks from Louisiana, Friedman said Wednesday his proposal "was not in any way racist."

"How can you possibly regret that, telling the truth?" he asked. "I am not a racist, I am a realist. In looking at the statistics, I know that 20 percent of the homicides in Houston have been committed by the element in the evacuee population.

"I never said what color their skin was. I never said all evacuees are crack dealers or crackheads. I'm smarter than that."

zeus63
09-14-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55

"I never said what color their skin was. I never said all evacuees are crack dealers or crackheads. I'm smarter than that."

Is he saying he thinks it, but is smart enough not to say it?

Either way that last little bit should have been one of those times that he stopped talking.

TheDOCTORdre
09-14-2006, 10:34 AM
I still think the best reason to like Kinky is "Why the hell not"

zeus63
09-14-2006, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre

i have a hard time wanting to like this guy.

i mean come on, his name is KINKY.

carter08
09-14-2006, 03:09 PM
GO KINKY:D

Ranger Mom
09-14-2006, 03:10 PM
I wonder if P4S has seen this thread???

Gobbla2001
09-14-2006, 03:10 PM
A reason not to:

http://www.texasmonthly.com/mag/issues/2002-03-01/roundup.php

Blastoderm55
09-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I wonder if P4S has seen this thread???

She's already out celebrating his victory! :D

pirate44
09-14-2006, 03:14 PM
this guy is officially an idiot. he has been getting everyone's hopes upfor the last few months and now this. there is no way stating this is gonna help him win. anyone who wants to legalize marijuana was gonna vote for him anyway. his job was just to garner the votes of others who were disgruntled with the current governor. mostly conservative voters. now he's just gonna run those voters off (likely to grnadma). its almost like he realized he could win and thought, oh crap...now what??:eek: so now he's gonna try to lose.

pirate4state
09-14-2006, 03:15 PM
She's already out celebrating his victory! :D ROFL!!! How did you know? These brownies are only for registered voters!!!!! :D :D

carter08
09-14-2006, 03:16 PM
GO KINKY!!!:)

Gobbla2001
right or wrong, not discussing politics really, just strategy, it will be hard for him to get a victory with "his eyes on hunters"...

Blastoderm55
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
A reason not to:

http://www.texasmonthly.com/mag/issues/2002-03-01/roundup.php

That just makes me like him even more. Any guy who is against hunting but FOR eating monkey brains is OK by me. :D

Gobbla2001
09-14-2006, 03:18 PM
That just makes me like him even more. Any guy who is against hunting but FOR eating monkey brains is OK by me. :D

Now that's funny...

But are you serious?

Blastoderm55
09-14-2006, 03:24 PM
Now that's funny...

But are you serious?

Serious to an extent. I don't mind hunting of fowl, birds, or fishing. I also don't mind if a nut with a bow goes and hunts an elk in a deep wilderness. However, I'm completely against hunters who groom their prey, put up blinds and feeders, and kill a completely unsuspecting victim. And for what? Many just do it to mount a head on the wall rather than for food or tools. Most claim to be Godly while doing so. Its my opinion that God would want better for ALL creatures he created, not just those in possession of firearms.

I can also make an exception for hunters who leave the gun and take on the dear mano a dearo in hand to hoof combat. Not many of those old school guys these days, though. :(

pirate44
09-14-2006, 03:25 PM
and with his politically stupid comments about the Katrina Evacuees....he wants to lose.

can you imagine the scared look on his face the morning after the election....

"Mr. Kinky sir, wake up. you won the election.."

"I WHAT??....OH CRAP!!!"
:eek:

Blastoderm55
09-14-2006, 03:26 PM
I imagine it'd be a lot like the new Robin Williams movie coming out later this year where a comedian gets elected president.

JasperDog94
09-14-2006, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
and with his politically stupid comments about the Katrina Evacuees....he wants to lose. What he said was mostly true. The homicide rate has gone up 20% since the evacuees came to houston. 1 out of every 5 homicides involves an evacuee. Our local police can't keep up.

Blastoderm55
09-14-2006, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
ROFL!!! How did you know? These brownies are only for registered voters!!!!! :D :D

Save some for me. I'll be in Sinton next week. :D:cool:

Gobbla2001
09-14-2006, 03:31 PM
Serious to an extent. I don't mind hunting of fowl, birds, or fishing. I also don't mind if a nut with a bow goes and hunts an elk in a deep wilderness. However, I'm completely against hunters who groom their prey, put up blinds and feeders, and kill a completely unsuspecting victim. And for what? Many just do it to mount a head on the wall rather than for food or tools. Most claim to be Godly while doing so. Its my opinion that God would want better for ALL creatures he created, not just those in possession of firearms.

I can also make an exception for hunters who leave the gun and take on the dear mano a dearo in hand to hoof combat. Not many of those old school guys these days, though. :(

hell I just like eating the stuff, it's good... and it's fun, especially stalking and tracking etc... plus that's one less animal running out in the middle of the road at midnight causing your daughter to run her car off of a cliff...

but from what I read, he doesn't like guns, bows or anything because he mistook stars for eyes... I think a lot of Texans, esspecially the ones who realize just how much money hunting pushes into our state's economy will take an article like that as a 'threat'...

pirate44
09-14-2006, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
What he said was mostly true. The homicide rate has gone up 20% since the evacuees came to houston. 1 out of every 5 homicides involves an evacuee. Our local police can't keep up.
i didnt say it was a lie, i said it was "politically" stupid

JasperDog94
09-14-2006, 03:32 PM
i didnt say it was a lie, i said it was "politically" stupid I will say that at least he has the stones to come out and say it.:)

Gobbla2001
09-14-2006, 03:33 PM
What he said was mostly true. The homicide rate has gone up 20% since the evacuees came to houston. 1 out of every 5 homicides involves an evacuee. Our local police can't keep up.

yah, the numbers are crazy...

but is the ratio balanced with NO vs. Texan??? I doubt 1 out of every 5 people in Houston is from New Orleans, that's just me though...

Blastoderm55
09-14-2006, 03:34 PM
I will say that at least he has the stones to come out and say it.:)

They're likely of the kidney variety. I wonder when he's getting them zapped into dust. I hear they make ya grouchy. :p

Gobbla2001
09-14-2006, 03:34 PM
I will say that at least he has the stones to come out and say it.:)

That's about one of the only reasons I'd like him as a governer, he does have the stones to speak his mind...

JasperDog94
09-14-2006, 03:36 PM
yah, the numbers are crazy...

but is the ratio balanced with NO vs. Texan??? I doubt 1 out of every 5 people in Houston is from New Orleans, that's just me though... Exactly. Percentage wise the evacuees are involved in more homicides than native houstonians. It's creating a big problem in our schools and in our neighborhoods. But almost everyone is scared to say anything because someone will play the "race card".

pirate44
09-14-2006, 03:39 PM
if he had stones, i dont think he would have apologized.

Gobbla2001
09-14-2006, 03:41 PM
if he had stones, i dont think he would have apologized.

he apologized?

did he say it in a rude way or something? I don't remember hearing about this...

carter08
09-14-2006, 03:42 PM
NO POLITICAL TALK :mad: :mad: :mad:

I WANT A BROWNIE :D :D

TheDOCTORdre
09-14-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by carter08
NO POLITICAL TALK :mad: :mad: :mad:

I WANT A BROWNIE :D :D
you cant vote...No brownie for you

Gobbla2001
09-14-2006, 03:47 PM
And if he can put forth the evidence that beer/whiskey and the mary-jane are about the same in effect (which I don't know, all we know is it's illegal) I'd be all for the legalization of the stuff...

getting rid of the taks is good as well...

just don't scare me with that huntin' stuff...

carter08
09-14-2006, 03:48 PM
you cant vote...No brownie for you

I want to vote, and not just for the brownie :D

Gobbla2001
09-14-2006, 03:51 PM
I don't know if any of your are familiar with Cross Canadian Ragweed's song "Boys from Oklahoma", but at the show in Corpus a couple of weekend ago they sand "come on Kinky and legalize the s***"... everybody went bananas...

Blastoderm55
09-14-2006, 03:52 PM
And if he can put forth the evidence that beer/whiskey and the mary-jane are about the same in effect (which I don't know, all we know is it's illegal) I'd be all for the legalization of the stuff...

getting rid of the taks is good as well...

just don't scare me with that huntin' stuff...

From personal experience, back when I did experiment with the pot, I never got sloppy. Just relaxed. Alcohol however just affects me in the silliest of ways. Thankfully I've never been punk in drublic. Both are bad in excess. Crime is only a part thanks to its status as illegal, much as in the case of alcohol during prohibition. Less harmful and addictive than nicotine cigarettes, though long term use probably has similar effects thanks to comparable levels of tar. Could be a huge cash cow in terms of tax revenue.

carter08
09-14-2006, 03:53 PM
I don't know if any of your are familiar with Cross Canadian Ragweed's song "Boys from Oklahoma", but at the show in Corpus a couple of weekend ago they sand "come on Kinky and legalize the s***"... everybody went bananas...

I LOVE THAT SONG :inlove:

Although i do not know how they roll joints in Oklahoma, so i am not sure of the truthfulness

Gobbla2001
09-14-2006, 03:55 PM
From personal experience, back when I did experiment with the pot, I never got sloppy. Just relaxed. Alcohol however just affects me in the silliest of ways. Thankfully I've never been punk in drublic. Both are bad in excess. Crime is only a part thanks to its status as illegal, much as in the case of alcohol during prohibition. Less harmful and addictive than nicotine cigarettes, though long term use probably has similar effects thanks to comparable levels of tar. Could be a huge cash cow in terms of tax revenue.

no doubt about it being a huge cash cow, the economy would be booming more etc...

wasn't it Denver that passed an ordinance allowing citizens to carry possess no more than an ounce of the stuff? bet their crime has gone down a tad... sucks for the dealers because they have to possess more than an ounce to have consistant sells...

I haven't smoked pot since I was 15 and am 23 now, but I do remember it just relaxing me as I watched Pink Floyd "The Wall"... freaking when the flowers have sex and that one eats the other :eek:

Gobbla2001
09-14-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by carter08
I LOVE THAT SONG :inlove:

i do not know how they roll joints in Oklahoma,

way too skinny and way too long is what I hear...

big daddy russ
09-14-2006, 04:45 PM
Personally, I believe with everything that's in me that marijuana is a safer drug than alcohol and would love to see it legalized.

HOWEVER, I'm not voting with an axe to grind. There are a bunch of issues out there that need to be resolved, and one or two bright spots isn't going to get me to vote for him.

jlwzz
09-14-2006, 05:25 PM
Well give me Kinky, i don't care about the weed,
i just want a change in Austin that brings TEXANS (not politicians) back in charge of our destiny.

I think Willie well help him with the weed thing

Go Kinky

Gobbla2001
09-14-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by jlwzz
Well give me Kinky, i don't care about the weed,
i just want a change in Austin that brings TEXANS (not politicians) back in charge of our destiny.

I think Willie well help him with the weed thing

Go Kinky

Willie can't really do anything officially because of felonies...

jlwzz
09-14-2006, 05:33 PM
yea i know but Kinky likes the guy hes always throwing hes name out in interviews for his work on biodiesel

bulldogman06
09-14-2006, 05:33 PM
What exactly is he tryin to say about huntin?

Blastoderm55
09-14-2006, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
What exactly is he tryin to say about huntin?

He's pretty much against its current state of affairs.

WestTXLonghorn
09-14-2006, 05:39 PM
Weed is actually good for you, and NO it doesn't cause cancer.

Marijuana being illegal dates back to when black people were considering a sub-standard race of humans who were always "up to no good". Also, the hemp industry was very vibrant and was hurting cotton sales and so the cotton guys got themselves a lot of friends in politics and helped get hemp/weed put away for good.

If weed was ok for George Washington and Thomas Jefferson to grow/smoke, it's good enough for me, dangit!

The reason people should vote for Kinky is because he ISN'T a politician. Perry is an idiot and will just continue to do a good job of blowing our taxpayer dollars if re-elected. Kinky actually sounds like he'll crack down on illegal immigration and other stuff that's important. It could be just talk but then he'd just be on par with every other fool running.

jlwzz
09-14-2006, 05:40 PM
i think if you just go read the article, you can make your own assessment of it, i take as he don't care to much of the hunters the just feed them up to the kill zone and don't really go out and hunt them .

Gobbla2001
09-15-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by jlwzz
i think if you just go read the article, you can make your own assessment of it, i take as he don't care to much of the hunters the just feed them up to the kill zone and don't really go out and hunt them .

I take it he doesn't want Ted Nugent shooting him in the ass with an arrow, or a bullet landing on someone's head because they were dumb like baby-Kinky and thought stars were raccoon eyes...

the article is pretty simple, his eyes are on hunters, he thinks it's dangerous... making fun of hunting Elk out of choppers etc... was another way to make fun of hunters, to add humor to the story...

Minus the major content of the article, him saying his 'eyes are on hunters' is what worries me... what's next, gunna take away my guns because I might shoot stars? I'd like to keep my gun thank you...

the opposition will circulate this view of his and it's gunna be hard for him to get votes from the rural areas for sure, not including the white-collars in the city who pay 10k for hunts every year...

Gobbla2001
09-15-2006, 09:14 AM
He's pretty much against its current state of affairs.

pretty much saying it's dangerous as well...

DU_stud04
09-15-2006, 09:26 AM
he was up at uta yesterday.....

my future roomaite sent this to me ...

" Yea I met him today. You know, that guy running for governor. Eww, He's a dirty old man. He said that I was gorgeous... oh well, "f*****' gorgeous" as he put it. Ewwww!"

i thought it was hilarious:D

Gobbla2001
09-15-2006, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
he was up at uta yesterday.....

my future roomaite sent this to me ...

" Yea I met him today. You know, that guy running for governor. Eww, He's a dirty old man. He said that I was gorgeous... oh well, "f*****' gorgeous" as he put it. Ewwww!"

i thought it was hilarious:D

haha

DU_stud04
09-15-2006, 09:42 AM
(and yes my friend is a girl......sicko's)

NateDawg39
09-20-2006, 01:18 PM
I am glad I found this thread. I have been doing some research on Kinky and I have to say that if by some whim of will he gets voted in...it will literally be hell in Texas. He is stuck in the middle of republicans and democratic beliefs and thats a proven bad mix...especially in todays society.

Blastoderm55
09-20-2006, 01:26 PM
The gray area in between the parties is where we SHOULD be. A moderate view is what we need. The extremities are what should be avoided. Kinky might not get elected because his middle of the road views, but its nice to see someone who isn't afraid to tick off either party thanks to his nonconformity.

SintonFan
09-20-2006, 01:28 PM
Down with KINKY!!!
He's a http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/traurig/sad-smiley-033.gif.
:eek:

pirate4state
09-20-2006, 01:30 PM
thing of the rally.....

:eek: KINKY, KINKY, KINKY, KINKY!!!!! :eek: :evillol:

Blastoderm55
09-20-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn

It wouldn't be good for you if it were actually legalized and Marlboro started making it. Can you imagine all the nasty crap they'd put in it? :eek: :eek: Say goodbye to the love put into a closet-grown batch of reefer. That stuff would be toxic!

Blastoderm55
09-20-2006, 01:34 PM
thing of the rally.....

:eek: KINKY, KINKY, KINKY, KINKY!!!!! :eek: :evillol:

This while being higher than a 747. :evilgrin: :smoker:

pirate4state
09-20-2006, 01:35 PM
This while being higher than a 747. :evilgrin: :smoker: well then it be more like kinky :smoker: kinky :smoker: kinky.....who???

NateDawg39
09-20-2006, 01:37 PM
The gray area in between the parties is where we SHOULD be. A moderate view is what we need. The extremities are what should be avoided. Kinky might not get elected because his middle of the road views, but its nice to see someone who isn't afraid to tick off either party thanks to his nonconformity. I have a hard time going with that...they get stuck on issues and make bad decisions or WILL make a stupid one...we need a reformated democratic society

SintonFan
09-20-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn

A study was just released that proved conclusively that smoking that wacky stuff leads to serious learning impairments. :doh:

Blastoderm55
09-20-2006, 01:40 PM
Is that the same study which claimed that being exposed to smoke (tobacco or marijuana?) as little as one time while pregnant could lead to ADHD in the child? That's pretty messed up. How is that smoke so much worse than the exhaust given off by motor vehicles? I guess the psychoactive elements would be to blame.

Gobbla2001
09-20-2006, 01:42 PM
it's adam carroll day:

Two tied-dyed brain fried misfits who lived in a shack in the back of the bodark Woods
A Caddo guy and a Crockett girl worked hard at staying stoned as best they could
Coming up in the night they were high as a Christmas moon
Coming down was the fear in the four walls of their room
They were two hardcore junkies and they stayed drunker than a bunch of monkeys
There were barrels of laughter with no time left to lose
They had nightmares and needles, with the Stones and the Beatles
they kept all the straight laced businessmen confused
and the days went by with the red bandana blues

Gobbla2001
09-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Yeah, they were low down and worthless but they were nice on the surface
They got by just fine on whatever they could use
And in trouble they got deeper as they grew their crops of reefer
Because business and pleasure were two words they got confused
And the days went by with the red bandana blues, hey

pirate4state
09-20-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
A study was just released that proved conclusively that smoking that wacky stuff leads to serious learning impairments. :doh:

Those studies are wack! :p :p :D :D

Gobbla2001
09-20-2006, 01:54 PM

they were high when they did the study so they really don't know anything...

basically it only effects learning how to 'eat right'...

SintonFan
09-20-2006, 02:00 PM
*shrugs*
It was on the radio yesterday so it must be true.:nerd:

Mrs. Priss
09-20-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by zeus63
i have a hard time wanting to like this guy.

i mean come on, his name is KINKY.

I like the guy!

Come on, his name is Kinky

Bull19
09-20-2006, 04:21 PM

GOOD POINT. REALLY, THINK ABOUT IT,,,,,WHY THE HELL NOT..
COME ON WHAT WOULD IT HURT?

slpybear the bullfan
09-21-2006, 01:28 AM
LOL... today he is in trouble for making racial comments on TV... He is going to pull a "clayton williams..."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,214782,00.html?sPage=fnc.politics/government

SintonFan
09-21-2006, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
LOL... today he is in trouble for making racial comments on TV... He is going to pull a "clayton williams..."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,214782,00.html?sPage=fnc.politics/government
:thinking: Some "kinks" for Kinky's campaign? The guy was good on WOAI but the idiots on the nighttime show did lead him all the way and gave him a pass against the hard questions. :o KINKY IS STINKY!!!!!!!

sahen
09-21-2006, 02:40 AM

this is fine if its ur opinion/belief not arguing that but if we go w/ this logic then we have to outlaw the whole cattle/pig/chicken industry because we raise them, fatten them up and then kill them for food....also unsuspecting victims? animals dont have the brain capacity to ever be a suspecting victim whether you kill them at a feeder or deep in the wildnerness w/ a bow...i agree w/ the whole kill for a trophy thing though, if you kill it then you should eat it......

In my opinion i think its comical he wants to legalize weed and release those prisioners due to the crime they commit when obtaining weed yet his stance on firearms/hunting is pretty clear, if he outlawed that in Texas then I think the crime rate would shoot through the roof, not to mention the black market for firearms that would be made...

bulldogman06
09-21-2006, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by sahen
this is fine if its ur opinion/belief not arguing that but if we go w/ this logic then we have to outlaw the whole cattle/pig/chicken industry because we raise them, fatten them up and then kill them for food....also unsuspecting victims? animals dont have the brain capacity to ever be a suspecting victim whether you kill them at a feeder or deep in the wildnerness w/ a bow...i agree w/ the whole kill for a trophy thing though, if you kill it then you should eat it......

In my opinion i think its comical he wants to legalize weed and release those prisioners due to the crime they commit when obtaining weed yet his stance on firearms/hunting is pretty clear, if he outlawed that in Texas then I think the crime rate would shoot through the roof, not to mention the black market for firearms that would be made...

I agree with you entirely, and he doesnt have a chance of outlawing hunting in Texas

Gobbla2001
09-21-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by sahen
this is fine if its ur opinion/belief not arguing that but if we go w/ this logic then we have to outlaw the whole cattle/pig/chicken industry because we raise them, fatten them up and then kill them for food....also unsuspecting victims? animals dont have the brain capacity to ever be a suspecting victim whether you kill them at a feeder or deep in the wildnerness w/ a bow...

that's the biggest damn wrench I've ever seen thrown in anything, though it wasn't the fastest moving machine...

Gobbla2001
09-21-2006, 12:45 PM
that's the biggest damn wrench I've ever seen thrown in anything, though it wasn't the fastest moving machine...

meaning you wasted a good wrench... shoulda just said "hey, bandwagoners, NO" ha