PDA

View Full Version : Greenwood vs Estacada

Ranger Mom
09-14-2006, 10:18 AM
My husband talked me into going to this game tonight.

I am going to be sending the scores to Ashton...and she will text them out as usual for me.

I am not sure who is all on that "broadcast list"

LHPM
P4S
PPHSFan
CHSCG
StangGirl07

maybe more, I can't remember!!

ANYWAY......will somebody update the board for me please???

Adidas410s
09-14-2006, 10:38 AM
Greenwood 35
Estacado 6

how's that for a final?

pirate4state
09-14-2006, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
My husband talked me into going to this game tonight.

I am going to be sending the scores to Ashton...and she will text them out as usual for me.

I am not sure who is all on that "broadcast list"

LHPM
P4S
PPHSFan
CHSCG
StangGirl07

maybe more, I can't remember!!

ANYWAY......will somebody update the board for me please???

I would, but I'll be watching SURVIOR tonight!! :clap: :D :D

STANG RED
09-14-2006, 10:43 AM
Greenwood should romp in this one.
I dont see how Estacado has fallen soo far, soo fast. They were an excellent 4A team, just a few years ago. And I'm sure they still have a good talent pool.

GWOOD
09-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Adidas, I would be thrilled with 35-6! But I don't look for it.

Estacado is a 4A school who went 0-10 last year and is 0-2 so far this year. We hear that they are a better team this year (after 0-10 is there anywhere to go but up?) and have a lot of speed.

For comparison sake:

Week 1- Hereford 46 Estacado 32
Week 2- Hereford 33 Snyder 29

You would think that Greenwood is favored to win but I think it will be a closer game.

eagles_victory
09-14-2006, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I would, but I'll be watching SURVIOR tonight!! :clap: :D :D is tonight the first episode of the new survivor season

Ranger Mom
09-14-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD

Estacado is a 4A school who went 0-10 last year and is 0-2 so far this year. We hear that they are a better team this year (after 0-10 is there anywhere to go but up?) and have a lot of speed.

For comparison sake:

You would think that Greenwood is favored to win but I think it will be a closer game.

Wow!! Looking at those other scores and the opponents puts a whole new spin on this!!

Adidas410s
09-14-2006, 12:21 PM

For comparison sake:

I hadn't looked up their scores but I knew they were 0-2. I know that in past years they have been putting up a lot of points but evidently that has changed somewhat this season.

trenchdweller
09-14-2006, 12:41 PM
drought continues

LH Panther Mom
09-14-2006, 12:46 PM
I'll be around and will post them, RM. Should be home from 7th grade game in plenty of time.

Black & Gold
09-14-2006, 01:01 PM

For comparison sake:

Estacado has a lot of talent on their team but I don't think they are all that great. In the game against Hereford, they scored 3 times in the first 4 plays of the game. It wasn't like they steadily moved the ball on Hereford. I'm not trying to take anything away from anybody, just pointing that out.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-14-2006, 01:13 PM
Winless Mats hope continued improvement pays off
BY GEORGE WATSON
AVALANCHE-JOURNAL

The scoreboard may not show it and the record might indicate otherwise, but there is other proof that show that the Estacado football team is greatly improving.

The true indication of that may be where the Matadors have shifted their focus this week as they prepare for today's 7:30 p.m. home opener against Midland Greenwood. Their focus hasn't been on the offense or defense, but on the warts still plaguing the team in special teams.

Lack of a solid kicking game was a contributing factor in two of Estacado's one-point losses last season. It was also an area of concern going into this season, and it played a part in a 21-18 loss to Pampa last week.

"Our kicking game has really cost us a chance to win two football games (this season)," Estacado head coach Buster Leaf said. "We've done the things necessary to have some success offensively and defensively, but when you average 20 yards per punt and you're backed up deep in your own territory, you're giving the other team a short field."

Leaf didn't get specific but said some changes have been made in special teams. If those changes work out, it could help the Matadors (0-2) break their 32-game losing streak.

The Mats' offense has been good enough the last two weeks to win both games, racking up more than 400 yards in the opener against Hereford and more than 300 yards last week against Pampa. The defense, which gave up 46 points to the Whitefaces, came back with a solid effort in limiting Pampa to just 21.

But three missed extra points prevented Estacado from, at the very least, sending the game into overtime.

"I wouldn't say we're frustrated, but we do know we're right there and we just have to keep working hard," senior quarterback Marcus Limon said. "Eventually it's going to come and we won't be denied."

It might also help the Matadors that they'll be facing an opponent in Greenwood (2-0) that is similar offensively and defensively to Pampa. The Rangers, under first-year head coach Steve Taylor, are an option offense like the Harvesters.

Greenwood is led by talented quarterback Michael Washington, who has thrown for 187 yards and rushed for 238 and three touchdowns this season. Running back Bryce Williams has 164 yards and three TDs.

Defensively, Greenwood is allowing just 204.5 yards per game and has held Graham and Crane to just 29 combined rushing yards.

"They play a real physical game," Leaf said. "They're an attacking defense a lot like Pampa and they come at you and do a lot of stunting and moving around. Our kids have got to pick those things up. Their offensive line averages about 250 or 260 pounds, which is amazing for a 3A school. We're going to have to utilize our quickness to offset their size."

Ranger Mom
09-14-2006, 01:18 PM
My husband just told me that Estacada has a 32 game losing streak going right now!!!!:eek: :eek:

I hope they don't break that streak tonight!!

Adidas410s
09-14-2006, 01:29 PM
is the game at Lowrey?

Ranger Mom
09-14-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
is the game at Lowrey?

Yes!!

wedo
09-14-2006, 01:32 PM
Is Greenwood any good?? This guy that jus started working with me last week said he played for greewood last year!!!

Ranger Mom
09-14-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by wedo
Is Greenwood any good?? This guy that jus started working with me last week said he played for greewood last year!!!

They have done pretty good so far....we lost our QB the first scrimmage, but were lucky enough to rummage up a pretty good backup!!

Who do you work with? You can PM me!

pirate4state
09-14-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Greenwood 35
Estacado 6

how's that for a final? pretty damn close!!! :thumbsup: