PDA

View Full Version : Packers/Texans Trade

District303aPastPlayer
09-13-2006, 09:54 PM
Samkon Gado (my fantasy league hero last year) was traded to the Texans for Vernand Morency

Bull's-eye
09-13-2006, 10:03 PM
Could of just picked Reggie Bush, but noooooo!

TheDOCTORdre
09-14-2006, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Could of just picked Reggie Bush, but noooooo!
no they couldnt have, that would have made too much sense

11TARPON
09-14-2006, 02:00 AM
Now the Texan running back will not only have to produce each game, he will have to make sure that he gets more yards than R Bush. I remember after the Cowboys drafted Tony Dorsett, our games were more exciting because Dorsett could score every time he touch the ball, thats how I see Bush. It would of been good to have him in Texas.

sWaterislife
09-14-2006, 07:49 AM
Well its over and done with and let's move on.. lol..

The Trade brings a guy that is said to light up the locker room when he's there. And that's what the Texan's need.

Phil C
09-14-2006, 08:22 AM
The Texans should have chosen Vince Young and then they did another foolish thing and not take Reggie Bush. :mad:

The Titans will win at least three Super Bowls over the next ten years.

big daddy russ
09-14-2006, 08:45 AM
I said it back then and I'll say it again: RB just wasn't a solid football decision. Sure, he had star quality, but Houston already had a potential star at RB.

I still think they should've taken D'Brickashaw first, but Williams was a MUCH better football decision than RB.

carter08
09-14-2006, 03:20 PM
Great trade by Houston

sicem74
09-14-2006, 05:52 PM
wow he helped me last year in fantasy football lol dang

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-14-2006, 09:16 PM
Now if the Texans would trade Pretty boy David Carr, What could they get for him?

big daddy russ
09-14-2006, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Now if the Texans would trade Pretty boy David Carr, What could they get for him?
A six pack of RC Cola and some pocket lint.

gobbler grad
09-14-2006, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Samkon Gado (my fantasy league hero last year) was traded to the Texans for Vernand Morency

this will surely turn the program around...:confused:

JasperDog94
09-14-2006, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
A six pack of RC Cola and some pocket lint. My impression of David Carr after each snap " :helpme: "

Highschoolfan78
09-15-2006, 01:53 AM
sounds like they are making the best of it for not picking the best pick out there in reggie bush lol.. They traded for ron dayne, great power runner.. and now Gado which has decent speed.. the receiving core is actually very good with moulds on the team. He takes the pressure off of Andre Johnson, which is probably the most over looked reciever in the league... Their line rookie linebacker(forgot his name) had like 15 tackles in the opener and shows hope for improvement. It would be great if their number 1 pick would do the same :P.. my days of singin "oh why not Bush" are over because all you can do is move on

District303aPastPlayer
09-15-2006, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
sounds like they are making the best of it for not picking the best pick out there in reggie bush lol.. They traded for ron dayne, great power runner.. and now Gado which has decent speed.. the receiving core is actually very good with moulds on the team. He takes the pressure off of Andre Johnson, which is probably the most over looked reciever in the league... Their line rookie linebacker(forgot his name) had like 15 tackles in the opener and shows hope for improvement. It would be great if their number 1 pick would do the same :P.. my days of singin "oh why not Bush" are over because all you can do is move on

good post. but i thought dayne was picked up off of waivers?

Highschoolfan78
09-15-2006, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
good post. but i thought dayne was picked up off of waivers?

thanks.. well ya actually now that you say that, i think he was.. i think denver cut him

g$$
09-15-2006, 05:22 AM
I said it then & I will say it now: the Texans should have traded down & gotten multiple picks for the #1 overall. DeMeco Ryans is the LB mentioned (Bama, 2nd round) & he can play. I just think multiple holes could have been addressed. Vince Young as an NFL qb is to be determined. You can't run zone read as your base offense in the NFL, period. But the guy is an athlete with charisma so let's wait & see. Please don't annoint him savior just yet. He got hurt in this past preseason (twice) more than his entire UT career. Arm strength, decision making, accuracy, etc. are all question marks right now. I think he will be a good but not great NFL qb in time. Now college - one of the all-time best.

big daddy russ
09-15-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
My impression of David Carr after each snap " :helpme: "
ROFL.

Which is exactly why nobody would throw the pack of Wrigley's Spearmint gum for Carr.

If they ever want to get something for him in a trade, he has to get to the point to where he shows teams something. He made some great strides two years ago (and he was still sacked more than the QB's for 25 other NFL teams), but regressed last year because he was running even more and had even less help.

g$$
09-18-2006, 03:40 AM
The Texans are sad, & I live in Houston. I wish Kubiak the best resurrecting this team. Draft decisions & poor mgmt. (Casserley, etc.) have decimated this franchise. It will be a long haul back to mediocrity. I'm no Carr fan, but to put it all on him would be wrong. They have many holes (o-line, secondary, LBs, Davis hurt) & now the losing mentality must be reversed. That is not easy to do in a short period of time.

I do think however Kubiak is the right man for this huge undertaking. Let's give him a chance. But, taking Mario Williams #1 overall when you have multiple holes = bad move. He would have been there at #6 or 7 plus more picks. My 2 cents...