PDA

View Full Version : How to Beat Rice

CaptainCommon
12-03-2003, 09:07 PM
Here's How:

1. I know for a fact that when the coach sends in a play, they will run that play.

2. Whenever the QB drops back to pass, be ready because he will probably do something with the ball.

3. If they onside kick, make sure the ball goes 10 yards and don't let them have it.

I have several more inside tips that will allow the Fighting Tarpons to take 'em down. Stay tuned...

<small>[ December 03, 2003, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: CaptainCommon ]</small>

Boosty_Hondo
12-03-2003, 09:09 PM
captaincommon um what u just said is "common" scence that is usually what most teams do eek! eek!

CheerMom
12-03-2003, 09:15 PM
I think he knows that!!
Go Raiders!!!

Insanity_Strikes_Again
12-03-2003, 09:23 PM
Apparently it is common sense, but according to this guy he doesn't function very commonly. He is either a newcomer or multi seeing as that is his first post and he probably registered today just to make that single post. I'll go give you a hint, go watch some real football and find out its true meaning. Your tips are pretty pathetic and will only hurt Port Isabel more.

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2003, 02:09 AM
Acuff? My goodness, I haven't been there in a while. If you're not really from there, you spent some serious time looking at a Texas map. Either that, or you picked a town close to the top. :D

<small>[ December 04, 2003, 01:12 AM: Message edited by: LH Panther Mom ]</small>

District303aPastPlayer
12-04-2003, 02:49 AM
to beat Altair Rice... score first and score more than they do... it helps

bulldogvet85
12-04-2003, 03:31 AM
yeah i think the only real way to beat rice is to out score them. eek! eek! i think that is most teams startegy when they approach any game, but I'm sure more so against rice. the only way to really beat them is just to out score them. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

<small>[ December 04, 2003, 02:32 AM: Message edited by: bulldogvet85 ]</small>

RAIDER96
12-04-2003, 06:17 AM
You guys really do amaze mw sometimes. Such brilliance!

CaptainCommon
12-04-2003, 06:20 AM
captaincommon um what u just said is "common" scence that is usually what most teams do

I prefer common science, but that's exactly what I am talking about- and that is where the other teams have failed to capitalize. Let me give you another example (and I have several) from what I have gathered:

If you can get the Raiders into a 4th and long situation near midfield, they will either punt or go for it.

I know it may seem simple, but the tendencies are definitely there- and the Tarpons know it.

<small>[ December 04, 2003, 05:23 AM: Message edited by: CaptainCommon ]</small>

afflac65
12-04-2003, 08:42 AM
HOW TO BEAT RICE LETS ANAYLIS THAT.

1. SPEED THE ONLY TEAM LEFT IN THE PLAYOFFS WITH MORE SPEED THAN RICE IS BURNETT AND THEIR IN DIVISION 1.
2. SIZE POUND FOR POUND RICE IS THE BIGGEST LEFT IN THE PLAYOFFS.
3. QUICKNESS THE ONLY TEAM THAT MIGHT MATCH RICE CONSOLIDATED QUICKNESS IS BELLVILLE.
4.INTAGIBLES BELLVILLE IS BETTER AT THIS THAN RICE CONSOLIDATED.

IF YOU WANT TO BEAT RICE YOU HAVE WILL HAVE WIN IT THE OLD-FASHION WAY YOU WILL HAVE TO EARN IT......

raiderradio
12-04-2003, 10:45 AM
THIS DUDE IS BRILLIANT!

husker_football_fan
12-04-2003, 10:47 AM
Teams run into trouble with the Rice Raiders by trying to go toe to toe with them. Only one team did that this year and had success, and that was Bellville at home (bad playing surface, tall grass and huge crown on the field I have played there). You have spread the field and throw the ball. You have to play ball control and keep the Rice offence off tempo. It helps if you can stop the blitz and run inside the tackles, few teams have the speed to get to the outside. Port I. you do not have the speed and never did, I saw your game against LH you have great group of fans and a solid team, but you will not go head up with Rice, and you will not stop them from scoring 35 points at least, your seawall has never felt the impact of this Rice hurricane, but it will.

Boosty_Hondo
12-04-2003, 11:05 AM
i agree with afflac i was gonna post that but then you wrote it :mad: o well afflac go in my profile and give me a good rating and everyone else to wink

footballgal
12-04-2003, 11:13 AM
Do you know how many times, players and we Tarpon fans have heard this "outmatched", "out strength" etc. non-sense in the playoffs in the past few decades? Do you think all this matters to them? All the Tarpons know it's a team with same 15-16 year olds just like them, and anything can and has happened in the Tarpon's favor. In addition, don't forget about the intangibles. Frankly, I am getting sick of hearing it, how much better Rice is and how the Tarpons are going to get beat badly without knowing anything about the Tarpon tradition and it's smash mouth football play. But when Rice feels the hits come Sat., they will know what Tarpon Football is all about. ‘Nuff said on the matter, I will let the Tarps. Take care of the rest on Saturday starting at 2:00pm. wink

PI-fan
12-04-2003, 11:17 AM
How to Beat rIcE...
Containing M.Spears and C.Huffman, hittin em hard and often! :p

<small>[ December 04, 2003, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: PI-fan ]</small>

husker_football_fan
12-04-2003, 11:23 AM
Being a Nebraska Cornhusker fan I learned something last year, tradition doesn's win football games. Speed size and talent do. When I saw teams like Bellville, Rice, Wharton, Sealy play against Columbus. I thought to myself where do they get kids like this. They were just bigger and faster than us. Then when I made a stop to see the Liberty Hill and Port I. game on the way home from the Alamodome. After watching Rice play Devine. LH and PI game looked like an oversized JV game. Rice will have to beat themselves by turning the ball over and making mistakes. If PI wins, in no way would you have taken it to the Rice Raiders. You would have just got lucky and caught them on a bad day.

Boosty_Hondo
12-04-2003, 11:25 AM
husker pi probably had there jv in there they usually play there jv at the end of the games so ya

footballgal
12-04-2003, 11:37 AM
husker_football_fan:
Being a Nebraska Cornhusker fan I learned something last year, tradition doesn's win football games. Speed size and talent do. When I saw teams like Bellville, Rice, Wharton, Sealy play against Columbus. I thought to myself where do they get kids like this. They were just bigger and faster than us. Then when I made a stop to see the Liberty Hill and Port I. game on the way home from the Alamodome. After watching Rice play Devine. LH and PI game looked like an oversized JV game. Rice will have to beat themselves by turning the ball over and making mistakes. If PI wins, in no way would you have taken it to the Rice Raiders. You would have just got lucky and caught them on a bad day.So I guess what you're saying is "Damn if you do and damn if you don't" (can I say damn?) When I say tradition I am talking about TARPON Tradition something you obviously know little about. And when you want to compare Devine with PI, don't most teams would look faster against them, even Cotulla, who's in the same district. :rolleyes:

footballgal
12-04-2003, 11:46 AM
*delete*

<small>[ December 04, 2003, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

PI-fan
12-04-2003, 11:54 AM
husker_football_fan:
Being a Nebraska Cornhusker fan I learned something last year, tradition doesn's win football games. Speed size and talent do. When I saw teams like Bellville, Rice, Wharton, Sealy play against Columbus... Then when I made a stop to see the Liberty Hill and Port I. game on the way home from the Alamodome. After watching Rice play Devine. LH and PI game looked like an oversized JV game. Rice will have to beat themselves by turning the ball over and making mistakes. If PI wins, in no way would you have taken it to the Rice Raiders. You would have just got lucky and caught them on a bad day.Sealy has tradition, uhm didn't they win like 3-4 titles in a row? lol Guess U can throw them out of your 'Tradition' doesn't matter arguement. :rolleyes:

If PI wins, this and that, hmmm, already making excuses? LMAO :D :D :D

People see Rice beating Devine a team that finished its season with only 1 win over .500 and they r already crowning them the next Burnet. That's just too funny.

Like i said before PI has played better teams in the playoffs, not 3rd place teams in their districts like Rice has and yet PI was able to get a shutout during the playoffs, something Rice hasn't been able to accomplish :confused:

footballgal
12-04-2003, 12:02 PM
delete*

CheerMom
12-04-2003, 12:03 PM
Isn't PI a runner-up team? You also have to realize that the runner-up teams had to beat the winners to play us. So what's the difference? And I believe that you shut-out only one team in the playoffs. The only reason that Rice hasn't had a shut-out is because our JV team has been playing the last quarter of each game. Devine scored with 22 seconds left in the game. I think that was pretty much a shut-out. I don't believe your second team has played much since beating the team in the first round, your games have been pretty close. So don't act like Rice hasn't played anybody. I guess you have really haven't played anybody, either. Because if they were the #1 seed and you beat them, they must have not been too strong to begin with. We'll just let the boys decide it on the field come Saturday. See you there!
Go Raiders!!!

husker_football_fan
12-04-2003, 12:07 PM
Since you have to bring up tradition, lets do it. Since 1990 you have never out scored a team this late in the play-offs. You tied Cuero 20-20 before there was overtime in 1994 to loose to the state champ Sealy the next round. Since 1990 you have been knocked out of the play-offs the first round 4 times and didnt make it to the play-offs in 1999. Besides 1990, 1994, you have lost early or made it to the final 16 teams where you finally met a good team in the play-offs. How dare you compare your tradtion to Sealy's four state championships. Speaking of Sealy's tradition being that you brought it up, they didn't the play-offs last year and were knocked out the fist round this year. Tradition didn't help much did it?

PI-fan
12-04-2003, 12:25 PM
CheerMom:
Isn't PI a runner-up team? I guess you have really haven't played anybody, either. Because if they were the #1 seed and you beat them, they must have not been too strong to begin with. We'll just let the boys decide it on the field come Saturday. See you there!
Go Raiders!!!Actually PI was co-champs, not 2nd place(or runnerup)
So u are saying LH is at the same lvl as Devine? lol

husker_football_fan
12-04-2003, 12:33 PM
Devine did have 1900 yard running back, and quick QB. They lacked defense to get it done. The Devine offense is just as good as PI. I take that back, they are better. The defense is the difference. Rice scored on their first seven drives. In the first half just the six plays that they scored on accounted for 288 yards. PI is comming off an emotional win that took their starters into the 4th quarter in a close game. While, like Bellville, Rice has a rested team, that's starters play only one half in the last two games. PI is battle tested, Rice is fresh, we will have to see.

footballgal
12-04-2003, 12:44 PM
Ok, well I hope they are in shape now, since they will have to play all four quarters.

PI-fan
12-04-2003, 12:53 PM
husker_football_fan:
Since you have to bring up tradition, lets do it. Since 1990 you have never out scored a team this late in the play-offs. You tied Cuero 20-20 before there was overtime in 1994 to loose to the state champ Sealy the next round. Since 1990 you have been knocked out of the play-offs the first round 4 times and didnt make it to the play-offs in 1999. Besides 1990, 1994, you have lost early or made it to the final 16 teams where you finally met a good team in the play-offs. How dare you compare your tradtion to Sealy's four state championships. Speaking of Sealy's tradition being that you brought it up, they didn't the play-offs last year and were knocked out the fist round this year. Tradition didn't help much did it?So you say "Tradition" is worthless? Like it has no bearing on games? Why get your undies in a knot when i talked about Sealy and PI in the same topic, when i practically acknowledged Sealy's tradition of putting up good teams.

Besides PI had some political mess in the late 90's when the superintendant hired his son as the head coach and by your own research proves he was not upto the task. :p

What's your HS alma matter, Rice? huskerfan?

This is what we mean about tradition when it comes for PI... PI has been to the playoffs 26 out of the last 29 years...
Speaking on PI playoff success or how u like to put it downfalls can u give me a quick summise of how Rice did in those years??? cuz this is what i came up with at collier-sharp's playoff appearances: Rice Consolidated (6years! hmmm) 1984,85,86,2000,01,02 :(

Lost cuz PI finally met a good team? lol, ok

CheerMom
12-04-2003, 12:58 PM
Playoff teams of the past, have nothing to do with the present teams. We'll just let the boys decide on Saturday who will advance and who will be playing basketball next week.
Go Raiders!!!

husker_football_fan
12-04-2003, 01:04 PM
I played football and attened High School in Columbus. We have 26 play-off trips in our history. PI has 27 counting this year. There is a difference though, Columbus plays in a football rich area in Texas. Sealy, Bellville, Rice, La Grange, Navasota, Wharton, Giddings are just a few in the area. Columbus failed to make the play-offs this year. They lost six games to teams that did. Wharton, Rice, Bellville, Giddings, Navasota, Sealy. Find Columbus on the map and check the 3A cities around them. The real 3A football is played in this location, far from the rio grand valley my friend.

footballgal
12-04-2003, 01:07 PM
husker_football_fan:
.... How dare you compare your tradtion to Sealy's four state championships. PI Fan ... How dare you??? :D LMAO

footballgal
12-04-2003, 01:10 PM
husker_football_fan:
I played football and attened High School in Columbus. We have 26 play-off trips in our history. PI has 27 counting this year. There is a difference though, Columbus plays in a football rich area in Texas. Sealy, Bellville, Rice, La Grange, Navasota, Wharton, Giddings are just a few in the area. Columbus failed to make the play-offs this year. They lost six games to teams that did. Wharton, Rice, Bellville, Giddings, Navasota, Sealy. Find Columbus on the map and check the 3A cities around them. The real 3A football is played in this location, far from the rio grand valley my friend.Here we go again with the, "Surperior than thou" attitude! :rolleyes:

<small>[ December 04, 2003, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

PI-fan
12-04-2003, 01:18 PM
he thinks the houston area is superior to the rest of the state, cuz in that area thats where they play 'real' football?!? This is too funny, my stomach hurts :D

RPM
12-04-2003, 01:38 PM
husker_football_fan:
The real 3A football is played in this location, far from the rio grand valley my friend.LOL WOW that was funny. :D

husker_football_fan
12-04-2003, 01:40 PM
1994,95,96,97,98,99,00,01 Sealy or La Grange won or played for the state, championship. It is hard to label this area as the Houston area. School in this area fall into region IV also. La Grange is more of an Austin area school. Never did I say Houston. Here's a challenge find an area with this many successful play-off teams like the Columbus, Bellville, Rice, La Grange, Sealy area.

raider red 2000
12-04-2003, 04:10 PM

Here's How:

1. I know for a fact that when the coach sends in a play, they will run that play.

2. Whenever the QB drops back to pass, be ready because he will probably do something with the ball.

3. If they onside kick, make sure the ball goes 10 yards and don't let them have it.

I have several more inside tips that will allow the Fighting Tarpons to take 'em down. Stay tuned...

[ December 03, 2003, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: CaptainCommon ]

one tip to beating a this team. is to line up your best d lineman away from the up back. half of their run plays are counters and they might not want to run at your best guy....who knows...this then might let you know that they can only run a lead or a sweep. they can not opposite call the play because the formation will be wrong...this could be helpfull.

Boosty_Hondo
12-04-2003, 04:23 PM
26 playoffs thats it hahahah hondo has 43 the 3rd best in the state so dont brag about 26

husker_football_fan
12-04-2003, 04:39 PM
That is very impresive to say the least. But if you look at the list few teams have 26 or so trips to the play-offs. While Hondo may have more trips to the play-offs than Columbus. We both have something in common, both of us are playing basketball and not football right now.

Boosty_Hondo
12-04-2003, 04:41 PM
ya i know but o well there is always next year cause remember burnet is loosing jordan shipley an d alot of teams are loosing alot of seniors and then next two classes going to varsity in hondo have alot of talent so hopefully we can do great things with it

RiCeBaNd
12-04-2003, 04:56 PM
well tradition, etc. whatnot..i support Rice all the way..and i have faith in our boys because they can do it if they put their mind to it! YEAH go Raiders all the way to state

Dugoutcoach
12-04-2003, 05:51 PM
Just ask Wharton!

sahen
12-04-2003, 05:57 PM
CaptainCommon:
Here's How:

I have several more inside tips that will allow the Fighting Tarpons to take 'em down. Stay tuned...Dude...if THEY onside kick it and u have a chance to field it before it goes 10 yards...i would hope you do...just a suggestion...i think u would rather grab the ball when the kicking team cant touch it instead of sit around and wait it out for 10 yards and fight them for it....

turbostud
12-04-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by husker_football_fan: The real 3A football is played in this location, far from the rio grand valley my friend. Will you be around for your BBQ'd crow Sat if PI wins?

DaRaiderz
12-04-2003, 07:39 PM
PI-fan:

husker_football_fan:
Since you have to bring up tradition, lets do it. Since 1990 you have never out scored a team this late in the play-offs. You tied Cuero 20-20 before there was overtime in 1994 to loose to the state champ Sealy the next round. Since 1990 you have been knocked out of the play-offs the first round 4 times and didnt make it to the play-offs in 1999. Besides 1990, 1994, you have lost early or made it to the final 16 teams where you finally met a good team in the play-offs. How dare you compare your tradtion to Sealy's four state championships. Speaking of Sealy's tradition being that you brought it up, they didn't the play-offs last year and were knocked out the fist round this year. Tradition didn't help much did it?So you say "Tradition" is worthless? Like it has no bearing on games? Why get your undies in a knot when i talked about Sealy and PI in the same topic, when i practically acknowledged Sealy's tradition of putting up good teams.

Besides PI had some political mess in the late 90's when the superintendant hired his son as the head coach and by your own research proves he was not upto the task. :p

What's your HS alma matter, Rice? huskerfan?

This is what we mean about tradition when it comes for PI... PI has been to the playoffs 26 out of the last 29 years...
Speaking on PI playoff success or how u like to put it downfalls can u give me a quick summise of how Rice did in those years??? cuz this is what i came up with at collier-sharp's playoff appearances: Rice Consolidated (6years! hmmm) 1984,85,86,2000,01,02 :(

Lost cuz PI finally met a good team? lol, okI know Port Isabel won Region 4 back in 1994. Outside of that, how many times has a team south of Corpus won Region 4 in the last 25 years or so? Teams like Sealy, LaGrange, Cuero, Bandera, Sinton, Sweeny, and Medina Valley come to mind for me. All of these schools are well north of the Valley. Have they ever won a state title down there? You Port Isabel fans keep playing the tradition card because, lets face it, we have none. This is the furthest we've ever been in the playoffs. It seems to me though that teams from south of Corpus have a "tradition" of not winning this game. Looks like something's gotta give on Saturday.

Football GOD
12-04-2003, 08:00 PM
YOU PEOPLE ???POINT ISABEL I.S.D.TARPONS
COMMUNITY GATHERING TONITE AT TARPON STADIUM.
FIGHTING TARPONS YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO ON GAME DAY,PLAY FOOTBALL LIKE YOU KNOW.
WHEN PEOPLE ARE UNSURE OF THEMSELVES THEY PANIC
AND LOOK FOR ATTENTION ON CYBERSPACE ANYONE CAN
BLAB AWAY,THOUGH IN REAL LIFE THEY WILL RUN AWAY
FROM THE SITUATION WHEN HAVING TO FACE IT.
TALK IS CHEAP WHEN PESSIMISTIC PEOPLE SPEAK IT,SO DO WHAT YOU DO BEST AND KNOCK THE HECK OUT THEM
FROM START TILL FINISH.WE BELIEVE IN THIS TARPON TEAM AND WILL FOLLOW IT THE REST OF THIS YOUNG SEASON.LET'S GO BLUE!GO TARPONS!FIGHT W/ MIGHT..
YU HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING YET HA HA HA
WRITE ALL YOU WANT OPPS.PLAY OUR GAME EXACTLY WHAT WE WANT ON HERE.GET'EM TARPONS GET'EMMMMMM
CHINGALO CHINGALO A ESE GUEY!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

turbostud
12-04-2003, 08:05 PM
CHINGALO CHINGALO A ESE GUEY!!!
What does that mean?

<small>[ December 04, 2003, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: turbostud ]</small>

footballgal
12-04-2003, 08:21 PM
turbostud:

CHINGALO CHINGALO A ESE GUEY!!!
What does that mean?Get him, get him, that guy, I think! :)

afflac65
12-04-2003, 08:24 PM
Rice consolidated must have on great team to have a website on how to beat them...

1. Rice consolidated is not a hard team to figure out all they do is line up man to man and knock you off the line and break your will to win.
2. no team this year has stopped their running attack this year.
3. Their 2 losses were by a combined of 8 points. 1st loss by 3 to bellville was by a great quarterback they have a great passing game for 397 yards. Their 2nd loss was by 5 points to wharton which they rice tight end dropped a 5 yard touchdown pass on 4th down.
4. rice consolidated has been in every game they lost and they have gotten better just like every team that has made it this far.

5. IF YOU ARE GOING TO BEAT RICE CONSOLIDATED YOU BETTER BRING YOUR BREAKFAST AND LUNCH BECAUSE IT IS GOING TO BE A LONG DAY.

6. Port Isabel i dont think you can do it.

turbostud
12-04-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by afflac65 5. IF YOU ARE GOING TO BEAT RICE CONSOLIDATED YOU BETTER BRING YOUR BREAKFAST AND LUNCH BECAUSE IT IS GOING TO BE A LONG DAY.You forgot Dinner.

PI-fan
12-04-2003, 08:30 PM
DaRaiderz
I know Port Isabel won Region 4 back in 1994. Outside of that, how many times has a team south of Corpus won Region 4 in the last 25 years or so? Teams like Sealy, LaGrange, Cuero, Bandera, Sinton, Sweeny, and Medina Valley come to mind for me. All of these schools are well north of the Valley. Have they ever won a state title down there? You Port Isabel fans keep playing the tradition card because, lets face it, we have none. This is the furthest we've ever been in the playoffs. It seems to me though that teams from south of Corpus have a "tradition" of not winning this game. Looks like something's gotta give on Saturday.[/QB]PI represented region IV in '81, '94 and '03. And yes the valley has a state title, surprised as im sure u are. Stop ridding on those teams coat-tails, lol

turbostud
12-04-2003, 08:33 PM
The Donna Redskins won it all in 1961.

DaRaiderz
12-04-2003, 08:40 PM
PI-fan:

DaRaiderz
I know Port Isabel won Region 4 back in 1994. Outside of that, how many times has a team south of Corpus won Region 4 in the last 25 years or so? Teams like Sealy, LaGrange, Cuero, Bandera, Sinton, Sweeny, and Medina Valley come to mind for me. All of these schools are well north of the Valley. Have they ever won a state title down there? You Port Isabel fans keep playing the tradition card because, lets face it, we have none. This is the furthest we've ever been in the playoffs. It seems to me though that teams from south of Corpus have a "tradition" of not winning this game. Looks like something's gotta give on Saturday.PI represented region IV in '81, '94 and '03. And yes the valley has a state title, surprised as im sure u are. Stop ridding on those teams coat-tails, lol[/QB]'03 huh? I didnt realize we played that game yet. So the valley does have a state champion. It was during the Kennedy administration, but a championship nonetheless.

Football GOD
12-04-2003, 08:44 PM
afflac65:
Rice consolidated must have on great team to have a website on how to beat them...

1. Rice consolidated is not a hard team to figure out all they do is line up man to man and knock you off the line and break your will to win.
2. no team this year has stopped their running attack this year.
3. Their 2 losses were by a combined of 8 points. 1st loss by 3 to bellville was by a great quarterback they have a great passing game for 397 yards. Their 2nd loss was by 5 points to wharton which they rice tight end dropped a 5 yard touchdown pass on 4th down.
4. rice consolidated has been in every game they lost and they have gotten better just like every team that has made it this far.

5. IF YOU ARE GOING TO BEAT RICE CONSOLIDATED YOU BETTER BRING YOUR BREAKFAST AND LUNCH BECAUSE IT IS GOING TO BE A LONG DAY.

6. Port Isabel i dont think you can do it.EXAMPLE OF A PESSIMIST!!! HEY I'VE GOT ONE
IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL???
IT IS YOUR WAY OF THINKING AIN'T IT?LOL :p