PDA

View Full Version : What is the most tired football phrase

injuredinmelee
09-13-2006, 03:29 PM
I read alot of stuff every day and there are certain phrases that just get me everytime. Probably the one that makes me laugh the most is

"gonna turn some heads" If you use this phrase thats fine your entitled to it. Keep using it. I just find it annyoing not sure why.

Old Tiger
09-13-2006, 03:31 PM
Anything with One Team, One Heartbeat, One Dream, One town. those

DaHop72
09-13-2006, 03:33 PM
Giving 110%.

Old Tiger
09-13-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Giving 110%. That doesn't make any sense.

Old Tiger
09-13-2006, 03:35 PM
"If I see Jeremy Kerley stiff arm one more person I'm gonna vomet!" That is not most tired but i was tired of hearing it during halftime of the Hutto game last year.

DaHop72
09-13-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
That doesn't make any sense. It's a tired old phrase, it's physically impossible to give more than 100%.

Phil C
09-13-2006, 03:39 PM
A lot of you don't remember but Coach Tom Landry was the first coach of the Dallas Cowboys for almost 30 years and the media kept using the overworked phrase that "Coach Landry is the only head Coach that the Dallas ever had."

Of course once Jerry got the team he changed that and now they have had several turnovers since he took over the team. :)

Adidas410s
09-13-2006, 03:40 PM
It applies in so many other places...but I just hate hearing it in general:

We've got spirit yes we do...we've got spirit, how about you??? (repeat until somebody puts a gun to their head)

http://dancehall.patgreen.com/membersOnly/lounge/phpbb/images/smiles/icon_oak.gif http://dancehall.patgreen.com/membersOnly/lounge/phpbb/images/smiles/icon_oak.gif http://dancehall.patgreen.com/membersOnly/lounge/phpbb/images/smiles/icon_oak.gif http://dancehall.patgreen.com/membersOnly/lounge/phpbb/images/smiles/icon_oak.gif http://dancehall.patgreen.com/membersOnly/lounge/phpbb/images/smiles/icon_oak.gif

crzyjournalist03
09-13-2006, 03:44 PM
"We just want to go out there and play some good ball. Put some points up. Play good D." -every athlete's answer to what their team wants to do this year.

PHS Wildcats
09-13-2006, 03:45 PM
we didn't execute

Bullaholic
09-13-2006, 03:51 PM
l enjoy all of the phrases---even the "worn out" ones used by good ol' common folk like posters, but at the "professional" level I don't like to hear Brent Musberger say "Buckeyes" or "the Fighting Irish" or almost anything else.

I do think the word "sucks' is used too much.

maestro
09-13-2006, 03:55 PM
when a parent hollars out,

THAT'S OK !!!!

crzyjournalist03
09-13-2006, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by maestro
when a parent hollars out,

THAT'S OK !!!!

How about when the fans at little league games yell "good eye" after each pitch that is called a ball?

Technoredneck
09-13-2006, 04:08 PM
"Nobody Works Harder Than We Do!"

crzyjournalist03
09-13-2006, 04:10 PM
We'll get 'em next time!

CenTexSports
09-13-2006, 04:13 PM
1) Kill the ref's
2) What's the matter ref, are you blind?
3) That's the worst call I have ever seen.
4) They're holding us on every play! (yelled at the top of his lungs by an irate parent in the stands that doesn't know any other rule).

#3 is probably the most tried and true

Technoredneck
09-13-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
1) Kill the ref's
4) They're holding us on every play! (yelled at the top of his lungs by an irate parent in the stands that doesn't know any other rule).

Gee, those are my top 4 Favs

AggieJohn
09-13-2006, 05:43 PM
let's go let's go L-e-t-s g-o

District303aPastPlayer
09-13-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
1) Kill the ref's

get off your knees ref, youre blowin the game

Buckeyeman
09-13-2006, 07:06 PM
"He's the real deal" or "They are the real deal"
Drives me bonkers

Mustangpride09
09-13-2006, 07:08 PM
Kiss a fat duck.

PPHSfan
09-13-2006, 07:21 PM
110% bugs me too.

Emerson1
09-13-2006, 07:22 PM
Any time someone says about winning with class

or eating your crow after a loss.

Txbroadcaster
09-13-2006, 07:27 PM
One of the phrases I get tired of hearing is

We just wanted it more than they did.

How do you know that? Just because you won? Maybe you won because you was more talented then they were simple as that

Another one..I want to Thank God for this win...So God was rooting for you? Man I guess the team you beat were some big time sinners or something...Wonder if they should say I want to thank God for this loss?

District303aPastPlayer
09-13-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Any time someone says about winning with class

or eating your crow after a loss.

everyone on here take note... saying those two... IS annoying. i dont like it either. its like, rediculous sounding.

TheDOCTORdre
09-13-2006, 07:41 PM
how bout "We didnt lose we just ran out of time"
or this one bugs the hell out of me "I'd rather lose with class than be sorry winners" - thats the biggest load of crap I've ever heard, I know its not all about winning but who the hell is going to say that they would rather lose, I dont care if you are losing with class, I'd rather win

bulldogman06
09-13-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Another one..I want to Thank God for this win...So God was rooting for you? Man I guess the team you beat were some big time sinners or something...Wonder if they should say I want to thank God for this loss?

I could see how that could annoy you, but I mean thanking God for a win isnt that bad.

Gobbla2001
09-13-2006, 07:46 PM
"Splits the uprights"

Start saying "HE KICKED THAT S O B STRAIGHT THROUGH THERE BILLY"

piratebg
09-13-2006, 07:50 PM
Last Friday when I was listening to the GP/Sinton game, the commentator kept saying something like, "When you see the stats on Saturday and wonder how this could happen."

"We beath them statistically."

"The refs weren't on our side tonight."

Gobbla2001
09-13-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
"We just want to go out there and play some good ball. Put some points up. Play good D." -every athlete's answer to what their team wants to do this year.

Yah, that can sometimes get old, but it's really the journalist's fault asking a high school kid about it ha...

I just wanna see a kid answer like this one day:

"Well first things first we're gunna try and beat the hell out of this first team, whoever they are, then we're gunna try to plow through this weak district and hopefully get to state and beat up on someone from outside of our area... I mean beating up on the teams around here gets old, they come here all of the time, or we go there all of the time and it's all the same thing, and there really is no home-field advantage, we're just shellin' out ass-whuppings... our goal right now is to get far enough into the playoffs where we can start shellin' out ass-whuppings to teams we never play..."

tigerpride_08
09-13-2006, 07:55 PM
its not a phrase but how about when other people say "i could have caught/done that"...it bugs me...obviously you cant if your not out there...:D

TheDOCTORdre
09-13-2006, 07:59 PM
how bout something to the extent of "Ya we lost tonight but if we played them 10 times we would win 9 out of 10 times"

Gobbla2001
09-13-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Yah, that can sometimes get old, but it's really the journalist's fault asking a high school kid about it ha...

I just wanna see a kid answer like this one day:

"Well first things first we're gunna try and beat the hell out of this first team, whoever they are, then we're gunna try to plow through this weak district and hopefully get to state and beat up on someone from outside of our area... I mean beating up on the teams around here gets old, they come here all of the time, or we go there all of the time and it's all the same thing, and there really is no home-field advantage, we're just shellin' out ass-whuppings... our goal right now is to get far enough into the playoffs where we can start shellin' out ass-whuppings to teams we never play..."

"And just who is "whoever they are" that you guys are playing in the first game?"

"You know it never really matters who they are, what matters is how many hospital beds are available in their town the night of the game and if they can get a life-flight there..."

Pmoney
09-13-2006, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
how bout "We didnt lose we just ran out of time"
or this one bugs the hell out of me "I'd rather lose with class than be sorry winners" - thats the biggest load of crap I've ever heard, I know its not all about winning but who the hell is going to say that they would rather lose, I dont care if you are losing with class, I'd rather win
i agree winning feels so much better

I hate any saying by Lee Corso bc of NCAA video games i have to put it on mute

Buckeye80
09-13-2006, 09:06 PM
This one kills me everytime I hear it in any sport.

"Nobody believed in us all season, but we believed in each other and played as a team."

TheDOCTORdre
09-13-2006, 09:10 PM
have any of y'all ever heard this one
"I think that this team is better after our loss tonight"
once again bull freakin crap...you lost, you are a step behind now, how is your team better for that?

Txbroadcaster
09-13-2006, 09:12 PM
Another one..he does not have the most talent, not the fastest, or the strongest, but his HEART is why he is good..old and tiresome..You run a 65 yd TD breaking 6 tackles and outracing the secondary..there is some talent