PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside will win state...

big daddy russ
09-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Discuss

Blastoderm55
09-13-2006, 02:58 PM
I think they'll make it 2-3 rounds deep, maybe even 4, but I don't think they'll matchup well with Gilmer in D1.

AP Panther Fan
09-13-2006, 02:59 PM
did you say cuss or discuss?:thinking:

I don't think so, but I think they can go just as far or farther into the playoffs this year...

piratebg
09-13-2006, 03:01 PM
The first time I read it I thought he said they would in state in discus. :D

They will have a good year and a good playoff run, but they will not make it all the way. It would be nice if they did, though.

pirate4state
09-13-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
did you say cuss or discuss?:thinking:

I don't think so, but I think they can go just as far or farther into the playoffs this year...

Knowing Russ...he meant CUSS ;) :D

AP Panther Fan
09-13-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Knowing Russ...he meant CUSS ;) :D

well that is exactly what I did when I read the thread title....:D

99IHSMustang
09-13-2006, 03:33 PM
It would be nice just to see them make it to the state final, but there are many tough teams out there. I think they will at least make it 3 rounds into the playoffs.

Adidas410s
09-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Discuss

geez...why can't your name be Rick so I could just say "and Rickadamius has spoken?" Gotta work on a name for you...hmmm...

lostaussie
09-13-2006, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
I think they'll make it 2-3 rounds deep, maybe even 4, but I don't think they'll matchup well with Gilmer in D1. well correct me if i'm wrong, but if they do match up it will be for the title?

Blastoderm55
09-13-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
well correct me if i'm wrong, but if they do match up it will be for the title?

Yeah, that would be in the only way, in good ole Round 5.

big daddy russ
09-13-2006, 05:48 PM
I just wanted to get into the whole "Celina will win state," "Gilmer will win state," Presidio will win state" deal. We felt left out down in the Coastal Bend.

Seriously, I think our first real test comes from Wimberley in Round 3. Rio Hondo could also push us if they go D1, but then again luck and momentum have as much to do with a team's success as ability.

sinton66
09-13-2006, 05:51 PM
Uhm, Russ, this time yall will be D1. That means prolly Cuero in round 3 unless Gonzales gets busy.

AggieJohn
09-13-2006, 05:55 PM
I just wanted to get into the whole "Celina will win state," "Gilmer will win state," Presidio will win state" deal. We felt left out down in the Coastal Bend.

Seriously, I think our first real test comes from Wimberley in Round 3. Rio Hondo could also push us if they go D1, but then again luck and momentum have as much to do with a team's success as ability. they might get 2 deep.....

big daddy russ
09-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Uhm, Russ, this time yall will be D1. That means prolly Cuero in round 3 unless Gonzales gets busy.
I see where you're coming from, but who's going to take Gonzales' spot? Presidio? Doesn't seem like Yoakum, Gonzales or Goliad are having great years, so I'm just going to throw out a guess that Gonzales will sneak in there somehow. ;) By the same token, that district's still wide open. One upset and Gonzales is out.

Either way, this is how I see the district:
1. Cuero
2. Yoakum
3. Gonzales (D1)

big daddy russ
09-13-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
they might get 2 deep.....
Who, Ingleside or Presidio? I could live with that. Three straight years going at least two deep... not bad.

Now I hope we go farther. We went three deep last year and returned almost everyone, but considering where we came from (one playoff appearance in 3 decades) I'd be happy with just making it again.

GOFOR2
09-13-2006, 07:26 PM
Ingleside has a better chance of winning state in a decatholon meet than in football.

District303aPastPlayer
09-13-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
Ingleside has a better chance of winning state in a decatholon meet than in football.

id give the edge to sinton... they've won 3 before :D

ol country boy
09-13-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

Come on know your football. The Ingleside distict (30-3A) will play the Cuero (29-3A) district in the first round this year.

ol country boy
09-13-2006, 07:50 PM
[i]
Seriously, I think our first real test comes from Wimberley in Round 3. Rio Hondo could also push us if they go D1, but then again luck and momentum have as much to do with a team's success as ability. [/B]

Wimberley will go D 2 this year and Bandera although 0-2 right now will go D 1.

ol country boy
09-13-2006, 07:52 PM
Plus Ingleside has yet to play a district ball game do not forget that the following teams beat them last year:

1. AP
2. Orange Grove
3. Sinton

If that happens this year Ingleside will be watching the playoffs.

Do not give them the title or anything till they beat the Pirates from Sinton.

Ray_BearKat
09-13-2006, 09:00 PM

Seriously, I think our first real test comes from Wimberley in Round 3. Rio Hondo could also push us if they go D1, but then again luck and momentum have as much to do with a team's success as ability.

Their is no possible way enrollment-wise that Rio Hondo could go D1 this time around at 643 they are the second smallest team in 32-3A...but you are right about challenging someone this year. They are very talented this year, we should be hearing something about them a few rounds in the playoffs.

D1 rep from 32-3A will be La Feria. I'm not gonna make any prediction yet for my district 31-3A...cause we have a chance of going D1 if our cards fall right.

big daddy russ
09-14-2006, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by ol country boy
Wimberley will go D 2 this year and Bandera although 0-2 right now will go D 1.
I didn't know that. Always thought Wimberley was bigger.

Originally posted by Ray_BearKat
Their is no possible way enrollment-wise that Rio Hondo could go D1 this time around at 643 they are the second smallest team in 32-3A...but you are right about challenging someone this year. They are very talented this year, we should be hearing something about them a few rounds in the playoffs.

Originally posted by ol country boy
Come on know your football. The Ingleside distict (30-3A) will play the Cuero (29-3A) district in the first round this year.
That was both of us, OCB. We're too used to Cuero being in D26 and on the other side of the playoff bracket.

So RH from D1 to the second-smallest team in the district, huh? If they play up to their potential, they should be the best team south of D30 and one of the top five or six in the region.

pirateman98
09-14-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
well that is exactly what I did when I read the thread title....:D
LoL, I thought the same thing when I read it too. I think they will make noise all the way to the Regional Title game but they will run out of air there. Since Ingleside is from the same district, I hope they make me eat my words......:D

Fish's mom
09-14-2006, 05:08 PM
I think we'll take it one game at a time. lol I'm not worrying about state yet one game at a time. I believe we will make to the playoffs but I sure aint going to make predictions this early.

Just GO MUSTANGS. Have a healthy season.:)

big daddy russ
09-14-2006, 05:35 PM
Alright everyone, before this gets carried away, it was a big joke. J-O-K-E.:D

Like I said earlier, everyone else was jumping on the "my team's going to win state" bandwagon, so I hopped on too.;)

SintonFan_inAustin
09-24-2006, 01:21 PM
now that a wheel broke off from the wagon. The mustangs can get to not overlooking the oppsition and get ready for a good battle in District play:thumbsup:

But first round is Cuero it will not look good going past round 1.
What about Hondo, Sinton played them in the first round they have a very good offense.

99IHSMustang
09-24-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
now that a wheel broke off from the wagon. The mustangs can get to not overlooking the oppsition and get ready for a good battle in District play:thumbsup:

But first round is Cuero it will not look good going past round 1.
What about Hondo, Sinton played them in the first round they have a very good offense.

Cuero will be D2 and we could be D1 assuming we even make the playoffs. Unless Gonzales doesn't make the playoffs.

pirate4state
09-24-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Cuero will be D2 and we could be D1 assuming we even make the playoffs. Unless Gonzales doesn't make the playoffs. I know "the season" hasn't even started yet, but Gonzales may be on the outside looking in and then Cuero-Gilmer will be on a collision course!! :eek:

PPHSfan
09-24-2006, 03:25 PM
I think they will win state in the 'discuss' too. Don't they have a kid that throws it like 200 feet?