PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Punters (merged)

eagles_victory
09-13-2006, 09:57 AM
GREELEY, Colo. -- The University of Northern Colorado's reserve punter was arrested Tuesday, accused of stabbing his rival in his kicking leg.

Mitch Cozad, a sophomore from Wheatland, Wyo., allegedly attacked starting punter Rafael Mendoza in a parking lot in Evans on Monday night, Evans police Lt. Gary Kessler said.

Mendoza, the Bears' first-string punter from Thornton, was treated and released from the North Colorado Medical Center Monday night. Coach Scott Downing said Mendoza will not punt for UNC in Saturday's game at Texas State University.

"I don't know how long he'll be out because I haven't talked to the doctor," Downing said.

Cozad, Mendoza and freshman Zak Bigelow had been in a three-way race for the starting punter's job in preseason training. Mendoza has averaged 37.6 yards per punt on nine punts in the two games so far this season.

Cozad is facing second-degree assault charges and was scheduled to appear in court Wednesday for a bond hearing. He was suspended from the team, evicted from his residence and expelled from school on Tuesday, The Greeley Tribune reported.

Maroon87
09-13-2006, 10:51 AM
What a doofus. Doesn't he know you're supposed to HIRE someone to do that stuff? Just ask Tonya Harding...:p

Phil C
09-13-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
What a doofus. Doesn't he know you're supposed to HIRE someone to do that stuff? Just ask Tonya Harding...:p

:D

PHS Wildcats
09-13-2006, 12:48 PM
Sorry, I don't know what I was thinking. " I was trying to get a leg up on him" :clap: I know that was lame!:doh:

BlueBlood
09-13-2006, 01:01 PM
John Madden always said that kickers are different.

Technoredneck
09-13-2006, 01:36 PM
Did the article say if he got the starting nod for saturday's game?

District303aPastPlayer
09-13-2006, 05:49 PM
Northern Colorado backup Punter stabs the guy ahead of him on the depth chart... and all i can say is... "Wow."

htowntransplant
09-13-2006, 07:54 PM
http://www.jimrome.com/home/articles/article_4.html

theres the take on jimrome.com. thats pretty bananas

Gobbla2001
09-13-2006, 08:02 PM
I could have stabbed the starter infront of me in both of his eyes and he would have still ended up starting :(