PDA

View Full Version : Jasper vs Waco Conally Predicted Score, How good is Conally

mechanic
11-15-2003, 09:05 PM
How good is Waco Conally How does the game look like it will go?

j_dog
11-15-2003, 09:16 PM
I think the rating services have them neck and neck. It is going to be a tough game for the Dogs.

Grill Sergeant
11-15-2003, 10:35 PM
j-dog, let's hope it's not going to be that tough. I don't know anything about Conally, but they better be ready to stop a 250 lb full back. I hope Jasper plays up to their potential, not like they did against Mexia. I wasn't at that game, but it looked and sounded to me like Jasper didn't play up to their capability. Then again, maybe Mexia had an exceptional team. If that's the case, then Jasper is looking really good right now. Of course, every team that's made the next step is looking good. Let's hope 20-3a continues to win.

JasperDog94
11-16-2003, 12:43 AM
Anyone know when or where this game will be played?

Chris Hart
11-16-2003, 12:50 AM
Connally is really good, Jasper definately has their hands full. Good luck Jasper!

Swarm 51
11-16-2003, 01:51 AM
Connally is very good. They are blessed with speed and talent at all positions. Their
quarterback, who kicks the extra points, is also their field goal kicker and has been known to nail them from 40 yards out. The Cadets basically run the same offense as Burnet. Jasper could have their hands full next Saturday.

DawgFan91
11-16-2003, 11:21 AM
Well, if they run a Burnet-style offense we can expect to be completely unprepared. Fans could see uncovered receivers at the line of scrimmage and defensive backs tripping over each other after the ball is snapped. At least that is what I saw a lot of last year in College Station. On the other hand, Jasper could've learned a lot from last years game and could be ready to play. In that case, it could help somewhat in a future matchup with Burnet. Good luck Dawgs...

mechanic
11-16-2003, 03:29 PM
Could have should have whatever armchair coaches , this is a new year and mostly new players, Waco bring your best and we will bring ours. The game is Friday night SHSU in Huntsville at 7:30, oh you nay sayers maybe Jasper is not showing all they have when they don`t have to. As in an old saying 1 point or 100 points a win is a win and that IS THE WAY IT IS. wink

bearkatdad
11-16-2003, 06:25 PM
Sic 'em mechanic.. :D And, Sic 'em Bulldogs!!!
I didn't see you at the game Fri night...were you there?
Jasper 27
Waco Connally 13

29x281
11-16-2003, 07:23 PM
Waco Connally 35
Jasper 27

sinton66
11-16-2003, 07:47 PM
Pf/pa ratio leans toward Connally. I know there are those of you who think it's meaningless, but I'll guess Connally by 7 anyway. wink

hornet_06
11-16-2003, 08:14 PM
Connally throws the ball alot when they're on offense and their kicker missed 4 field goals (i think) against Caldwell... but watch out for #5. he's pretty good! but their qb is a very good thrower!

mechanic
11-16-2003, 09:46 PM
I was there Bearkat dad I had to chapperone the Band and I sat down by them will be there Friday, rain or shine. :D

JasperDog94
11-17-2003, 10:29 AM
mechanic:
I was there Bearkat dad I had to chapperone the Band and I sat down by them will be there Friday, rain or shine. :D You'll have to let me know what you're wearing so I can meet you. I was at the game this past Friday and will be again.

Matthew328
11-17-2003, 10:49 AM
Someone who will be at this game who has a cell phone..PM me! LOL

bearkatdad
11-17-2003, 11:15 AM
JasperDog94..ok...It's kind of early for me to know what I'll be wearing at the game, but I'll let you know later in the week, once we know what the weather will be.. How's that? wink

mwisnews
11-17-2003, 11:19 AM
Good for me since I go to this University I can see how good Jasper actually is. You better bring your A game this week or you might be going home.

JasperDog94
11-17-2003, 11:25 AM
bearkatdad:
JasperDog94..ok...It's kind of early for me to know what I'll be wearing at the game, but I'll let you know later in the week, once we know what the weather will be.. How's that? wink I know what you mean. When it's mid-November and it's a brisk 75 degrees with 100% humidity, it's kinda hard to plan that far in advance. wink

bearkatdad
11-17-2003, 11:30 AM
Matthew328...I just sent you a PM.
Who will be home and who is visitor? Those visitor seats are ok, but home seats have the backs...lot more comfortable.. :)

southern_thunder
11-17-2003, 11:32 AM
Jasper will be visitors again.

JasperDog94
11-17-2003, 11:34 AM
southern_thunder:
Jasper will be visitors again.As long as we win, who cares? Anybody remember 1986 when we played 3 straight games at Huntsville? The visiting side won every game. The only problem is that we were the home side the 3rd game... frown

bearkatdad
11-17-2003, 11:37 AM
ok...If we have better luck on the visitors side, then great. I'll quit complaining!!! Who am I to go against a winning 'game plan' :D

spiveyrat
11-17-2003, 01:34 PM
JasperDog94:

southern_thunder:
Jasper will be visitors again.As long as we win, who cares? Anybody remember 1986 when we played 3 straight games at Huntsville? The visiting side won every game. The only problem is that we were the home side the 3rd game... :(Remember it well... That was my senior year! wink

JasperDog94
11-17-2003, 02:09 PM
Sorry to hear that Spivey. Did you know that the "guard around" play that beat us that year is now illegal?

pakrat
11-17-2003, 05:21 PM
The guard around play that beat Jasper back then was not legal then,,,,the way it was exucuted.Itshould have been called dead from the start. The guard was down on all fours over the ball before he ran it in.

White&Crimson
11-17-2003, 05:39 PM
JasperDog94:

southern_thunder:
Jasper will be visitors again.As long as we win, who cares? Anybody remember 1986 when we played 3 straight games at Huntsville? The visiting side won every game. The only problem is that we were the home side the 3rd game... :(1986? Oh sure. I was at that game with my care bear sweatshirt and strawberry shortcake tennis shoes. :D Yeesh, you're not THAT much older than me bro, how on earth could you remember those games?

whatusay2
11-17-2003, 06:10 PM
Waco Connally scares me! I don't think it'll be a close game. Either Connally totally shuts Jasper down or Jasper totally shuts Connally down. If we can't stop the pass and we have the same horrible production like last week, then it's going to be a long ride home for us Jasper fans.

spiveyrat
11-17-2003, 07:29 PM
JasperDog94:
Sorry to hear that Spivey. Did you know that the "guard around" play that beat us that year is now illegal?What guard around play?

Buckeye80
11-17-2003, 07:30 PM
j_dog:
I think the rating services have them neck and neck. It is going to be a tough game for the Dogs.Off the subject, but do you happen to know any "Lane's" in Port Angeles, or do you even still live there?

JasperDog94
11-17-2003, 11:33 PM
spiveyrat:

JasperDog94:
Sorry to hear that Spivey. Did you know that the "guard around" play that beat us that year is now illegal?What guard around play?It's a play where the QB practically lays the ball on the ground, the guard picks it up and acts like he's blocking. On that particular play, if I remember correctly, it was short down yardage so Jasper stacked the line. When the guard busted through the line, there was nobody in between him and the endzone. The play is based on giving someone the ball that has no business touching the ball unless there is a fumble. That's why it's illegal.

spiveyrat
11-18-2003, 08:07 AM
JasperDog94:

spiveyrat:

JasperDog94:
Sorry to hear that Spivey. Did you know that the "guard around" play that beat us that year is now illegal?What guard around play?It's a play where the QB practically lays the ball on the ground, the guard picks it up and acts like he's blocking. On that particular play, if I remember correctly, it was short down yardage so Jasper stacked the line. When the guard busted through the line, there was nobody in between him and the endzone. The play is based on giving someone the ball that has no business touching the ball unless there is a fumble. That's why it's illegal.Oh. I don't remember that. Must have blocked it from my memory! :D Doesn't surprise me though. 'Ol Dan has been known to worse than that.

j_dog
11-18-2003, 11:30 PM
spiveyrat:

JasperDog94:

spiveyrat:

JasperDog94:
Sorry to hear that Spivey. Did you know that the "guard around" play that beat us that year is now illegal?What guard around play?It's a play where the QB practically lays the ball on the ground, the guard picks it up and acts like he's blocking. On that particular play, if I remember correctly, it was short down yardage so Jasper stacked the line. When the guard busted through the line, there was nobody in between him and the endzone. The play is based on giving someone the ball that has no business touching the ball unless there is a fumble. That's why it's illegal.Oh. I don't remember that. Must have blocked it from my memory! :D Doesn't surprise me though. 'Ol Dan has been known to worse than that.Man do I remember it. It got WO back in the game.