PDA

View Full Version : Lee Corso and The Ticket

Matthew328
09-12-2006, 06:09 PM
Anyone notice the sign Saturday during the pre-game??

"Corso Never Listens to Bad Radio"

and the other one

"Lee Corso Has a BabyArm"

The greatness of the Ticket P1's strikes once again....of course the fact that Corso was such a jerk on the Ticket he deserves it..

If you wanna see the signs

http://www.bobanddan.net

3afan
09-12-2006, 06:35 PM
i heard that show live when Corso got into it with BaD ... but I still like him

Cameron Crazy
09-12-2006, 06:39 PM
The Ticket is an awsome show!!

3afan
09-12-2006, 06:44 PM
FYI, The Ticket is a radio station .....

http://www.1310theticket.com/

wedo
09-12-2006, 06:49 PM
I saw that one about him having a baby arm!! I laughed but didn't really know what it meant when i saw it!!!

I really liked Corso before the Ohio State Texas game!! He said that Texas looked Really bad and that Colt McCoy was not the qb for this team!!!

3afan
09-12-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by wedo
I saw that one about him having a baby arm!! I laughed but didn't really know what it meant when i saw it!!!

I really liked Corso before the Ohio State Texas game!! He said that Texas looked Really bad and that Colt McCoy was not the qb for this team!!!

he was right on the first part and he may be right on the second ...... sad but true IMO

Matthew328
09-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Babyarm....you'd have to listen to understand....LOL

PHS Wildcats
09-12-2006, 11:05 PM
Yea,, if you heard the interview with him and Dan McDowell going at it. I was classic:clap:

kepdawg
09-12-2006, 11:18 PM
Listen Here (http://sportsbybrooks.com/leecorso.mp3)

WestTXLonghorn
09-13-2006, 02:42 AM
Lee Corso is going senile. . .and quick. It looks like they just give him stock things the say and he tries his best to repeat them word for word.

The whole crew are a bunch of idiots tho. See, the whole problem stems from the fact that sports writers/analysts/etc aren't really sports fans. . .they're fiction writes, gossipers, and if they had the opportunity they'd be doing Hollywood stuff instead of sports. Or they're ex-players or coaches who weren't good enough and thus are biased w/ no clue.

I know picking a Natty champion is a crapshoot most of the time, but Corso picks Cal and "Herbie" picks Miami. . .both of those teams lose and look god-awful doing it. Seriously, just listen to these guys for entertainment value or do us all a favor and shut them off so ESPN has to cancel their show.

Adidas410s
09-13-2006, 08:52 AM
I'm going to listen to the clip in a sec...but what do people like about the Ticket? 9 out of 10 times...they aren't even talking sports. If I want to hear a talk show...there are 15 other stations I can tune in to that do just that. If I want to hear local sports talk in Dallas, I have 2 options in the Ticket and ESPN 103.3. Since the Ticket guys just ramble on about whatever and most of it is non-sports related...I'll stick to ESPN. I must say though that some of the secondary guys at the local ESPN are really bad. While I think that Galloway, Cooperstein, and maybe Esteridge are pretty good...some of their other guys are absolute jokes who have little sports knowledge and sound like the typical "know it all" fan who thinks they are higher up because they are on ESPN. That being said...at least they're talking (or at least trying) sports! ;)

kepdawg
09-13-2006, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I'm going to listen to the clip in a sec...but what do people like about the Ticket? 9 out of 10 times...they aren't even talking sports. If I want to hear a talk show...there are 15 other stations I can tune in to that do just that. If I want to hear local sports talk in Dallas, I have 2 options in the Ticket and ESPN 103.3. Since the Ticket guys just ramble on about whatever and most of it is non-sports related...I'll stick to ESPN. I must say though that some of the secondary guys at the local ESPN are really bad. While I think that Galloway, Cooperstein, and maybe Esteridge are pretty good...some of their other guys are absolute jokes who have little sports knowledge and sound like the typical "know it all" fan who thinks they are higher up because they are on ESPN. That being said...at least they're talking (or at least trying) sports! ;)

Aww yes, the ESPN vs. The Ticket debate. The sports vs. non-sports debate. The we talk sports and the other station doesn't so we are better than them vs. we don't talk sports 100% of the time because we don't want to beat you down with over analyzation that gives the listeners tired head.

I like both stations, but prefer The Ticket most of the time. I have no option but to listen to ESPN while at work from 9:45 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. While the percentage of time on sports is certainly greater on ESPN, it is about time they drop the self glorifying promos implying they talk sports and nothing else. Dan Patrick will give you his thoughts on the latest episode of American Idol or his latest session of ballroom dancing lessons. Patrick and Olberman certainly have some political banter. Today on the Little Ball of Hate show a segment titled "Ask the Chick" debuts. Listeners will be able to submit questions regarding their girlfriend, wife, or female significant other and Jen will help the listeners out by answering the questions and providing her advice. Sounds like hard core sports talk to me! The former program director of The Ticket is now over the entire ESPN radio network. I noticed slight Ticket tendencies in several of the national shows after this took place. I can see how The Ticket can be a turn off to some, but it has been very successful over the past 13 years and certainly has its place in the market.

Adidas410s
09-13-2006, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Aww yes, the ESPN vs. The Ticket debate. The sports vs. non-sports debate. The we talk sports and the other station doesn't so we are better than them vs. we don't talk sports 100% of the time because we don't want to beat you down with over analyzation that gives the listeners tired head.

I like both stations, but prefer The Ticket most of the time. I have no option but to listen to ESPN while at work from 9:45 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. While the percentage of time on sports is certainly greater on ESPN, it is about time they drop the self glorifying promos implying they talk sports and nothing else. Dan Patrick will give you his thoughts on the latest episode of American Idol or his latest session of ballroom dancing lessons. Patrick and Olberman certainly have some political banter. Today on the Little Ball of Hate show a segment titled "Ask the Chick" debuts. Listeners will be able to submit questions regarding their girlfriend, wife, or female significant other and Jen will help the listeners out by answering the questions and providing her advice. Sounds like hard core sports talk to me! The former program director of The Ticket is now over the entire ESPN radio network. I noticed slight Ticket tendencies in several of the national shows after this took place. I can see how The Ticket can be a turn off to some, but it has been very successful over the past 13 years and certainly has its place in the market.

Yeah if I had to pick a least favorite of their "hosts" I would definitely say Engle. She has always annoyed the hell out of me. First it was her voice...and then I listened to her opinions and they are so empty and factless...she really falls under the "I think I know it all because I get to be on ESPN radio" catagory.

On DP...if you've read any of my posts about him you will know that he is my least favorite of the ESPN hosts. M&M has grown on me...always been a fan of The Herd...DP can jump off a cliff...and Eric K is my boy. Another option you might have at work is to tune in to espnradio.com and listen to the national feeds instead of the locals.

In regards to the overanalysis at ESPN...with the locals I wouldn't really call it that. Instead, it's a lot of uninformed people voicing their opinions or whatever rumors they picked up from other media sources. Some of the guys know their stuff and it shows because they can make a claim and then back it up with information and that's what I want to hear.

With the Ticket...my thought is that if you are going to claim to be a "sports talk" station...then talk sports. If you are going to be a "talk radio" station that has some sports shows then that is ok but market yourself that way.

Macarthur
09-13-2006, 10:25 AM
With the Ticket...my thought is that if you are going to claim to be a "sports talk" station...then talk sports. If you are going to be a "talk radio" station that has some sports shows then that is ok but market yourself that way. [/B]

You assestment of 9 out of 10 times they are not talking sports is just not accurate.

Why would you want to listen to "sports talk" all day long? The Ticket has a great balance of sports talk & guy talk.

Oh, and I just think that, yeah!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-13-2006, 10:53 AM
The Ticket is mostly schtick, some sports mixed in......but it's usually funny as hell.

That's the ONLY thing I miss from Dallas.

PHS Wildcats
09-13-2006, 12:46 PM
Yea, 1310 the ticket is "Sports radio station" but they have always said that they are a "talk radio show" or a "guys talk show" They ad sport to it, but they always get the best ratings in talk radio, so someone likes it. I like Norm, dale, before he left for ESPN 103.3, Bad radio and the Hardline.

Keith7
09-13-2006, 01:05 PM
The ticket sucks, too much potty humor.. THEY made an inappropriate comment to Corso when he agreed to do an interview with them a few years back, claiming he had posed nude for playgirl in the 70's and Corso, not wanting to ruin his reputation, didnt think that was very funny..

If u want potty humor and a little sports content, then listen to the ticket..

if u want the world wide recourse of espn then listen to ESPN radio.. I suggest Galloway & company, from 3-6 every weekday, is da bomb

Macarthur
09-13-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
The ticket sucks, too much potty humor.. THEY made an inappropriate comment to Corso when he agreed to do an interview with them a few years back, claiming he had posed nude for playgirl in the 70's and Corso, not wanting to ruin his reputation, didnt think that was very funny..

Give me a break. I can respect it if you don't like "potty humor". But to claim they made an inappropriate comment to Corso is crazy. He was joking around with them right up to that point. It was a freaking joke. Corso acted like an ass and tried to "big-time" them. If Corso was being serious, which I don't think he was, then he's a huge hipocrite because all he is about on his show is bafoonery.

If u want potty humor and a little sports content, then listen to the ticket..

if u want the world wide recourse of espn then listen to ESPN radio.. I suggest Galloway & company, from 3-6 every weekday, is da bomb

Well, actually I could care less about the world wide resources of ESPN because I don't care about what's happening to the SF Giants, NY Mets, Ravens, Dolphins, Chicago Cubs, WSox, etc.

Galloway makes my ears bleed. He can't complete a sentence and his questions ramble on for minutes. When I listen to him, I find myself screaming at the radio to shut up and let the guest answer. I can't even read his columns in teh paper anymore. He really is a joke.

crzyjournalist03
09-13-2006, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Yeah if I had to pick a least favorite of their "hosts" I would definitely say Engle. She has always annoyed the hell out of me. First it was her voice...and then I listened to her opinions and they are so empty and factless...she really falls under the "I think I know it all because I get to be on ESPN radio" catagory.

On DP...if you've read any of my posts about him you will know that he is my least favorite of the ESPN hosts. M&M has grown on me...always been a fan of The Herd...DP can jump off a cliff...and Eric K is my boy. Another option you might have at work is to tune in to espnradio.com and listen to the national feeds instead of the locals.

In regards to the overanalysis at ESPN...with the locals I wouldn't really call it that. Instead, it's a lot of uninformed people voicing their opinions or whatever rumors they picked up from other media sources. Some of the guys know their stuff and it shows because they can make a claim and then back it up with information and that's what I want to hear.

With the Ticket...my thought is that if you are going to claim to be a "sports talk" station...then talk sports. If you are going to be a "talk radio" station that has some sports shows then that is ok but market yourself that way.

As a person who is actually inside this industry, I respect your opinions and your right to like or dislike whichever hosts and/or stations you choose. However, I seriously disagree with your estimate that it is full of uninformed people.

I think most people would be shocked if they realized the amount of time and research that goes into each and every show. Sometimes hosts may sound like fans (and what's wrong with being a fan anyway? You're listening to sports TALK, not sports NEWS), and sometimes their opinions might even sound weak, but I assure you, they are NOT uninformed about what is going on. I just find it really hard to stomach hearing a fan claiming that a media outlet is uninformed.

Txbroadcaster
09-13-2006, 06:39 PM
I will back up the preperation time. When I was doing an daily afternoon show in Shreveport it ran from 3-6. Well think of it like school.for every hour your in class in college they say you need to do 2 hrs of studying outside of class. That is about the same time of prep for a radio show.

You have to make sure any audio that is going to be played is edited and ready to run.

Any guest you have lined up, you have to make sure 100% they will be ready at the time allotted. The bigger the guest, the further out you have to begin making calls to book them.

You also have to worry about the commercials, and to make sure any sponsored segments are prepared and ready to go

And you cannot forget the CONTENT of the show. It is not easy to fill 3 hours of talk radio. It sounds easy, but once you get on the air, you realize you can burn what you thought was a 1 hour topic in one 15 min segment.

There are people I like on radoi and people I dont like, but I never try to say they dont sound prepared.

crzyjournalist03
09-13-2006, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I will back up the preperation time. When I was doing an daily afternoon show in Shreveport it ran from 3-6. Well think of it like school.for every hour your in class in college they say you need to do 2 hrs of studying outside of class. That is about the same time of prep for a radio show.

You have to make sure any audio that is going to be played is edited and ready to run.

Any guest you have lined up, you have to make sure 100% they will be ready at the time allotted. The bigger the guest, the further out you have to begin making calls to book them.

You also have to worry about the commercials, and to make sure any sponsored segments are prepared and ready to go

And you cannot forget the CONTENT of the show. It is not easy to fill 3 hours of talk radio. It sounds easy, but once you get on the air, you realize you can burn what you thought was a 1 hour topic in one 15 min segment.

There are people I like on radoi and people I dont like, but I never try to say they dont sound prepared.

:clap: right on buddy :)

kepdawg
09-13-2006, 07:43 PM
I was thinking about it a little more today...

103.3 FM ESPN = TexasPrepXtra

The Ticket = 3ADownLow

PPHSfan
09-13-2006, 07:47 PM
the little downlow:D

PPHSfan
09-13-2006, 07:49 PM
Has anyone noticed that it's Corso making the silly face when he take of the mascot head in the nike gridiron commercials?

Corso is and always has been a buffoon.

Txbroadcaster
09-13-2006, 07:49 PM

The Ticket = 3ADownLow

I disagree..and this is NOT a knock on TexasPrepXtra, but when they were doing their shows they straight ripped from the Ticket...Even using their catch phrases and such

Keith7
09-13-2006, 08:22 PM

The Ticket = 3ADownLow

close, but wrong..

Texasprepxtra = biased reporters, who make fun of posters, and handicap people , like the ticket

3adownlow = friendly people with open disussion, and serious about sports = ESPN radio

Keith7
09-13-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Has anyone noticed that it's Corso making the silly face when he take of the mascot head in the nike gridiron commercials?

Corso is and always has been a buffoon.

Not so fast my friend!! Thats sunshine scooter

kepdawg
09-13-2006, 08:31 PM
close, but wrong..

Texasprepxtra = biased reporters, who make fun of posters, and handicap people , like the ticket

3adownlow = friendly people with open disussion, and serious about sports = ESPN radio

I was referring only to the sports vs. nonsports aspect of it all.

Keith7
09-13-2006, 08:50 PM
I was referring only to the sports vs. nonsports aspect of it all.

i got ya.. and i see ur point, big time commercial vs. raw local

PHS Wildcats
09-13-2006, 09:24 PM

The Ticket = 3ADownLow

Couldn't have said it better myself:clap:

3A Downlow isn't always about sports.

Keith7
09-13-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
Couldn't have said it better myself:clap:

WANK! u must not know much about what texasprepxtra is really about

PHS Wildcats
09-13-2006, 09:29 PM
WANK! u must not know much about what texasprepxtra is really about

What is this texasprepxtra that you speak of:thinking:

Matthew328
09-13-2006, 11:12 PM
LOL Keith never ceases to amuse me...

its OK we are doing just fine at TPX...thanks for wondering though! :)

The free publicity always helps..between Keith, the Dallas Morning News and High School Edge I dunno what we'll do..LOL