PDA

View Full Version : So is andrews back?

Funk-d-fied
09-12-2006, 03:17 PM
To being one of the powerhouses of the area? Being in 3A again looks to be a breath of fresh air, did they get back on track or just beat a bad Pecos team?

Ranger Mom
09-12-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
To being one of the powerhouses of the area? Being in 3A again looks to be a breath of fresh air, did they get back on track or just beat a bad Pecos team?

Who else have they played??

Midland Christian?? (Or have they played them yet??)

Funk-d-fied
09-12-2006, 03:26 PM
They were blown out by Midland Christian and then beat Pecos on the road by 30 points or so. They travel to Fort Stockton this week.

Ranger Mom
09-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
They were blown out by Midland Christian and then beat Pecos on the road by 30 points or so. They travel to Fort Stockton this week.

That will be interesting! I am going to the Monahans/Midland Christian game...since we scrimmaged Monahans, and I saw MC scrimmage Swater...I will have a better "take" on Andrews after Friday!

STANG RED
09-12-2006, 03:45 PM
I've said all along, Andrews should get back to respectability now that they finally dropped to 3A. But I'm not sure they'll turn the corner this year. Pecos is usually pretty weak, so I dont think we can use that game as a barometer, but it will probably be a good confindence booster for the Andrews players, and sometimes thats all that is really lacking, so who knows, that may have just been the spark they needed. If Ft Stockton is typical of what they usually have, it should give Andrews another chance to boost their confindence even more.
Mark it down, Andrews will be for real again some day. We'll just have to see, if they can get there this year or not.

GWOOD
09-12-2006, 03:50 PM
I don't think they are back to being a powerhouse. But they will do a lot better than last year when they went 0-4 against 3A teams and everyone won by 18+ points.

Regarding the 35-10 win last weekend: Pecos has some speed on the team but not much size. When they lined up against Greenwood in the scrimmage earlier this year it looked like our lineman outweighed their lineman 20-40 lbs per person.