PDA

View Full Version : Vernon @ Mineral Wells

Bullaholic
09-12-2006, 01:27 PM
The Rams are probably a "middle of the road" 4A team right now at 2-0 and Vernon is rolling along pretty well --well enough to take this one by 10 or so, because the Lions usually have good team speed and the Rams do not have a lot of it.

Odis
09-12-2006, 01:59 PM
Bull, your flat wrong on this un pardner. MW by AT LEAST a TD. Bourquin has the MW boyz up to snuff on the veer. MW may make the playoffs in one of the toughest 4A districts in the state. I know it sounds funny knowing MW's passed, but it is the truth. Remember, this pick was brought to ya by your ol buddy, Odis!

Bullaholic
09-12-2006, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Odis
Bull, your flat wrong on this un pardner. MW by AT LEAST a TD. Bourquin has the MW boyz up to snuff on the veer. MW may make the playoffs in one of the toughest 4A districts in the state. I know it sounds funny knowing MW's passed, but it is the truth. Remember, this pick was brought to ya by your ol buddy, Odis!

Odis...Last week against the Bulls the Ram offense just wasn't that "quick". They are big and brusing, but they do not throw well and are not that fast. (I am not taking anything away from Mineral Wells---they played to win, and did.) The Bulls have "decent" speed at WR and DB, but that is all. If Vernon has more speed than the Bulls, I think the Rams will have trouble with it.

NateDawg39
09-12-2006, 02:19 PM
I guess I still dont see the point in saying someone is wrong about the future outcome of a sporting event. I guess im watching to much Donnie Darko and Train Spotting ( I hope someone has seen at least one of those):rolleyes: But seriously, If I had to take a winner, id say Vernon by 21 points. MW is good, but Vernon is BAD!!!

VWG
09-12-2006, 02:25 PM
I know MW converted last year's middle LB to QB, think the kid's name is Kevin Harvey. Mineral Wells usually has some kids with wheels at the skill positions...... maybe an off year for them, but Kelvin Thompson is a very hard guy to replace. Why that kid never went D-1 is beyond me.
This should be a good game, because MW coach knows Vernon and the same goes for the Vernon staff. So, I think it will be a defensive struggle. Especially with the split veer vs. the wing T all night. Vernon 17 MW 7

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-12-2006, 03:49 PM
It will be a good measuring game for Vernon. They dominated Altus and then were dominated by Midland Christian. Bourquin has had Vernon's number for as long as I can remember. I think this will be a close one.

Spaceman_Spiff
09-14-2006, 01:37 PM
Hey Z...nice picture of the kids...looks like Matthew has put on a little weight...I hope he is liking it at HSU