PDA

View Full Version : Need Prayers! Lost One Today!

worldbfree
09-12-2006, 12:26 PM
The coaching fraternity has lost a great coach today. Lloyd Weatherspoon, the Jasper CC and Track coach passed away this morning in his home. Speculation is a heart attack. I had the privilege of sharing a classroom and coaching CC with Coach Weatherspoon for two years while in Jasper. Coach Spoon coached in Jasper for 30 years and is a legendary track coach in the state of Texas. Prayers are needed for the town of Jasper and for the many, many people that will be affected by this.

EricDraven
09-12-2006, 12:44 PM
Will pray that God's grace see his family and district this this time. Amen.

CHS_CG
09-12-2006, 12:48 PM
Sending prayers from Caldwell.

Hupernikomen
09-12-2006, 01:28 PM
Coach Spoon was a great man and Coach. He was fun to be around. His track teams had success that will be remember for a long time in the area and state. I wish someone could post all the "brags" they had listed on the t-shirt the track team had a couple of years ago. It is very impressive to see the school records for the different track events.

I remember him dragging a field with his tractor for his team to have somewhere to run. If they wanted to run on a real track they would load up and drive to West Sabine to use their facilities.

He will be missed. Maybe one of these days Jasper will get a track of their own and name it in his honor. He deserves it!

JHS_c/o_06'
09-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
He will be missed. Maybe one of these days Jasper will get a track of their own and name it in his honor. He deserves it!

That is a damn good idea.

JasperDog94
09-12-2006, 01:32 PM
I thought Jasper got a track by the new elementary school.

Hupernikomen
09-12-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I thought Jasper got a track by the new elementary school.

They might have. I haven't been in Jasper much since I left.

Coach Spoon was a funny man. I remember him during football practice. He had the best sense of humor. I always enjoyed going to the regional track meets because I knew he would a solid group of Jasper runners qualified.

pirate4state
09-12-2006, 01:37 PM
more thoughts here (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50347)

such sad news :(

BMOC
09-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Saw this earlier on another thread. that is sad, my prayers go out to his family and friends.

justlikesports
09-12-2006, 02:25 PM
Prayers from Monahans!