PDA

View Full Version : Paying my cingular bill online (I need help, fast)

Gobbla2001
09-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Gotta be at work at 7:30 so I'm not up much longer, but I need some help...

Went to pay my bill online, which I'm not new to... but I entered all of my info as usual and pressed the enter button... it said it was loading the information, then went to a page saying "this page is currently unavailable, sorry about the blah blah blah blah blah be fixed no long time blah blah"...

So I've posted some messages on message boards etc... in my day and I know if I get an error message like that, there is a chance my post was still posted anyway...

Should I:

A.) Try again
B.) Call them
C.) Go to sleep

Seriously, I want to know... I thought "Hey, I'll just call 'em", but do the folks answering the phone know about the internet and website etc...???

Gobbla2001
09-12-2006, 11:47 AM
So basically I don't want to pay them 70 bucks two times...

Adidas4I0s
09-12-2006, 11:48 AM
first thing to do is punch *BAL# and call...this will tell you what your balance is. Once you post a payment to Cingular's system (whether internet, phone, pay station or sales rep in store)...it auto updates your balance in the system immediately. If you still see a balance through the *BAL#...then your pmt wasn't processed.

Gobbla2001
09-12-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Adidas4I0s
first thing to do is punch *BAL# and call...this will tell you what your balance is. Once you post a payment to Cingular's system (whether internet, phone, pay station or sales rep in store)...it auto updates your balance in the system immediately. If you still see a balance through the *BAL#...then your pmt wasn't processed.

thanks, imma go do that

SintonFan
09-12-2006, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Gotta be at work at 7:30 so I'm not up much longer, but I need some help...

Went to pay my bill online, which I'm not new to... but I entered all of my info as usual and pressed the enter button... it said it was loading the information, then went to a page saying "this page is currently unavailable, sorry about the blah blah blah blah blah be fixed no long time blah blah"...

So I've posted some messages on message boards etc... in my day and I know if I get an error message like that, there is a chance my post was still posted anyway...

Should I:

A.) Try again
B.) Call them
C.) Go to sleep

Seriously, I want to know... I thought "Hey, I'll just call 'em", but do the folks answering the phone know about the internet and website etc...???
A.) Try it again. If you have the money, then it'll be credited for next month.

Gobbla2001
09-12-2006, 12:08 PM

so am I supposed to get a message back or what? I've got nada

Technoredneck
09-12-2006, 12:10 PM
Yeah, my experience with Cingular is that usually the folks on the phone know about the internet, it's not like the old days where they were 2 separate identies.

Adidas4I0s
09-12-2006, 12:11 PM
so am I supposed to get a message back or what? I've got nada

did you get a message saying "your request is being processed" after you punched *BAL#?

do you have text messaging turned off???

You can also punch 611 (a free call btw) and the first option in the automated service will give you your balance.

Gobbla2001
09-12-2006, 12:14 PM

You can also punch 611 (a free call btw) and the first option in the automated service will give you your balance.

And that balance would have been updated had it gone through? I'll try that...

Technoredneck
09-12-2006, 12:15 PM
This also will get you to a CRS so you can speak to a "person" about this. At least have your account noted that you tried to make a payment and wait a day or 2 of that makes you more comfortable.

kaorder1999
09-12-2006, 12:16 PM
if you say LIVE REPRESENTATIVE they will connect you to a human!

Adidas4I0s
09-12-2006, 12:16 PM
And that balance would have been updated had it gone through? I'll try that...

that is correct...

Gobbla2001
09-12-2006, 12:17 PM
that is correct...

aight, it didn't go through, thanks...

I'll try online again and if that doesn't work I guess I'll call...

Adidas4I0s
09-12-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
if you say LIVE REPRESENTATIVE they will connect you to a human!

sounds like you have Sprint. Cingular doesn't have a voice activated customer service queue...at least not in Texas.

Adidas4I0s
09-12-2006, 12:18 PM
aight, it didn't go through, thanks...

I'll try online again and if that doesn't work I guess I'll call...

if you're paying by card...you can do it all over the phone w/o talking to somebody.

vBulletin Message
Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 30 seconds.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Gobbla2001
09-12-2006, 12:21 PM
if you're paying by card...you can do it all over the phone w/o talking to somebody.

vBulletin Message
Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 30 seconds.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

yah, I'm gunna have to do that the site is still down