09-12-2006, 11:32 AM
Picked up that thur new Randy Rogers today :thumbsup:

Adidas4I0s
09-12-2006, 11:34 AM
it is 12 tracks of goodness slapped onto a CD!!! :D :D :D

Let me know what you think...

kaorder1999
09-12-2006, 11:35 AM
why do you have to use the different name when a t home?

Adidas4I0s
09-12-2006, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
why do you have to use the different name when a t home?

I'm actually not at home right now...I just logged in under this one yesterday at work to help the lil' guy out! ;)

Plus...it's all part of my master understudy program under Phil C. One must possess two names to gain the full experience...

Gobbla2001
09-12-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Adidas4I0s
it is 12 tracks of goodness slapped onto a CD!!! :D :D :D

Let me know what you think...

Well honestly it's gunna take a while for 'every' song to rub off on me, but I already REALLY like three or four of them (not includin' that killer song we all know), so that's a start...

Nah, I really like 'em live, like everything they've put out so far, this one is another one, good stuff...

Gobbla2001
09-12-2006, 11:43 AM
And #1 gave me "Wrapped in You" (Pat Green) flashbacks...

sinton66
09-12-2006, 11:45 AM
I'm actually not at home right now...I just logged in under this one yesterday at work to help the lil' guy out! ;)

Plus...it's all part of my master understudy program under Phil C. One must possess two names to gain the full experience...

Ah, but if one gets rommed, so does the other.:D

Adidas4I0s
09-12-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Well honestly it's gunna take a while for 'every' song to rub off on me, but I already REALLY like three or four of them (not includin' that killer song we all know), so that's a start...

Nah, I really like 'em live, like everything they've put out so far, this one is another one, good stuff...

yeah...as with Rollercoaster...I have found that at different times I have liked different songs. For example, I never liked This Time Around for the longest time. Then you have a girl come into your life and play you like a fiddle...so you shoot her the big middle finger and This Time Around is that song!!! ;)

My initial favorites when I first got the new CD were:

- One More Goodbye (#3)...the perfect single, lonely guy song
- You Could've Left Me (#5)...seems like an extension of This Time Around
- Before I Believe It's True (#7)
- If I Told You The Truth (#11)

The last two are very similar songs both lyrically and musically...and I think that's why I liked both of them.

Adidas4I0s
09-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Ah, but if one gets rommed, so does the other.:D

why you gotta threaten to ROM Phil??? He's just a squirrel trying to get a nut ;)

Gobbla2001
09-12-2006, 11:53 AM

- One More Goodbye (#3)
- You Could've Left Me (#5)

those are two of the ones I really like...

Off of rollercoaster I first really liked This Time Around (have the CCR version as my ringtone) and Somebody Take me Home...

the one I really love that I didn't get a chance to enjoy (someone borrowed the CD about a year ago and I haven't gotten it back) is Hill Country...

Adidas4I0s
09-12-2006, 11:57 AM
yeah...Somebody Take Me Home was my first favorite off that album...well that and Can't Slow Down. Hill Country is one of those songs that is GREAT live when everybody stands up and sings. It just makes me :D :D :D

Adidas4I0s
09-12-2006, 12:00 PM
oh...and I definitely think that Whiskey's Got A Hold On Me should be the official 2AM Downlow song...for when that one lonely guy shows up and starts power posting with himself! ;)

Gobbla2001
09-12-2006, 12:01 PM
oh...and I definitely think that Whiskey's Got A Hold On Me should be the official 2AM Downlow song...for when that one lonely guy shows up and starts power posting with himself! ;)

I'm gunna go get me some whiskey... :thinking:

CHS_CG
09-12-2006, 12:14 PM
Besides Kiss me in the Dark i really like just a matter of time, start over your way and before i believe its true. All around a great CD!

Gobbla2001
09-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Besides Kiss me in the Dark i really like just a matter of time, start over your way and before i believe its true. All around a great CD!

yah just a matter of time is bueno

CHS_CG
09-12-2006, 12:16 PM

for sure!

Adidas4I0s
09-12-2006, 12:18 PM

si

Gobbla2001
09-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Now y'all need to go get "Reckless Kelly Was Here" :D

Adidas4I0s
09-12-2006, 12:25 PM
Now y'all need to go get "Reckless Kelly Was Here" :D

I'm not a huge RK fan though I really like their new single "Break My Heart Tonight." I prefer Micky and the Motorcars (their younger brothers).

Adidas4I0s
09-12-2006, 12:28 PM
Check out page 3D of the USA Today!!!! Picture and ALL!

Here's the review that goes with it..... I especially like the last sentence.

Country: Randy Rogers Band, Just a Matter of Time (* * * 1/2)

Texas country-rocker Rogers finally gets his major-label shot, without having to compromise a note. Taking his musical cues from Steve Earle, producer Radney Foster and, at times you’d swear, the Georgia Satellites, Rogers boasts loads of grit, swagger and heart. And when he lets loose, as he does on the ferocious You Could’ve Left Me and the chorus of the duskily romantic Kiss Me in the Dark, there’s nobody on the country charts that does the Southern-rock thing better. — Brian Mansfield

CHS_CG
09-12-2006, 12:31 PM

Texas country-rocker Rogers finally gets his major-label shot, without having to compromise a note. Taking his musical cues from Steve Earle, producer Radney Foster and, at times you’d swear, the Georgia Satellites, Rogers boasts loads of grit, swagger and heart. And when he lets loose, as he does on the ferocious You Could’ve Left Me and the chorus of the duskily romantic Kiss Me in the Dark, there’s nobody on the country charts that does the Southern-rock thing better. — Brian Mansfield

that is awesome!

Gobbla2001
09-12-2006, 12:34 PM
I'm not a huge RK fan though I really like their new single "Break My Heart Tonight." I prefer Micky and the Motorcars (their younger brothers).

I like 'em both, but always Reckless Kelly, my favorite...

Got these is Corpus last Saturday:

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/3518/rkmmc06fc1.png

Willy's pick was fresh, like it had just used it for that one show... Micky's, on the other hand was worn down a tad, the pick is beveled from hitting it in the same spot a buncha times (and the tip is also worn as you can see in the picture)... either he used it for quite a few shows or he has superman strings that don't break so he just beats the hell out of 'em...

Gobbla2001
09-12-2006, 12:36 PM

missing was the line "But the fiddle player gets all of the chicks"

Adidas4I0s
09-12-2006, 12:38 PM
missing was the line "But the fiddle player gets all of the chicks"

the most popular man in country music...Mr. Brady Black!!! :D

Adidas4I0s
09-12-2006, 12:41 PM
oh...and here is a link to the boys on Good Day here in Dallas this morning about 845

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/Entertainment/Detail?contentId=860363&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=7.3.1

Gobbla2001
09-12-2006, 12:42 PM
oh yah, a free subscription to Texas Music Magazine doesn't hurt...