PDA

View Full Version : Which NFL team had the most impressive win Sunday?

TheDOCTORdre
09-12-2006, 11:25 AM
I saw this poll on NFL.com and thought I would post the question on the DL

Baltimore over Tampa Bay, 27-0

Atlanta over Carolina, 20-6

San Diego over Oakland, 27-0

Chicago over Greenbay, 26-0

Pittsburgh over Miami, 28-17

St. Louis over Denver, 18-10

MagicMan
09-12-2006, 12:22 PM
it has to be baltimore...im glad to see air mcnair back in action...ray lewis told him before the season that if he could get them 24 points a game then the 72 dolphins better watch out

Jason1725
09-12-2006, 01:07 PM
It HAS to be Baltimore? Why because they beat the lousy Bucs? Pittsburgh takes on the Dolphins a team many say will be in the Super Bowl, and they did it with out Big Ben. I say the Steelers proved they are still the team to beat.

EricDraven
09-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Tough call. Not saying the Ravens aren't salty, but the Bucs aren't exactly great offensively. Same goes for Chargers-Raiders. I'd say, to paraphrase Ric Flair: to be THE team, you gotta beat THE team and THE team is Pittsburgh.

MagicMan
09-12-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Jason1725
It HAS to be Baltimore? Why because they beat the lousy Bucs? Pittsburgh takes on the Dolphins a team many say will be in the Super Bowl, and they did it with out Big Ben. I say the Steelers proved they are still the team to beat.

lmao i really hope you didnt take people serious when they pick the dolphins in the super bowl....that is funny.....the steelers will be lucky to get the wild card because the ravens or bengals will win that division.....who knows they might lose their next 3 games...and have to pull together to even get a wild card

TheDOCTORdre
09-12-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
lmao i really hope you didnt take people serious when they pick the dolphins in the super bowl....that is funny.....the steelers will be lucky to get the wild card because the ravens or bengals will win that division.....who knows they might lose their next 3 games...and have to pull together to even get a wild card
who says pittsburgh in a wild card spot is a bad thing they were the 6 seed in the playoffs last year for the AFC and we saw what happened

pirate4state
09-12-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
who says pittsburgh in a wild card spot is a bad thing they were the 6 seed in the playoffs last year for the AFC and we saw what happened "true...true..."

Bengals vs. Cowboys

TheDOCTORdre
09-12-2006, 02:27 PM
I would go with Atlanta on this one if they would have beat Carolina with Steve Smith playing but he wastn so I cant go with them. Carolina with Steve Smith is a whole different monster. Chicago over GB and SD over Oakland really didnt show me anything I didnt expect. Pittsburgh over Miami, I expect Pitt to win this one, even though they didnt have Big Ben, you gotta know that Pitt is run first and Big Willie, is gonna run through the defenses. St. Louis over Denver was a shocker in my eyes, Plummer didnt look like the Plummer from last year, but the Plummer from the years before. The most impressive IMO is Baltimore, I mean people thought McNair was washed up and look at what he's doing, I know Tampa D is not as great as what it once was but its still no pushover defense. And ya the offense isnt the greatest but they got some weapon. The Baltimore defense held Joey Galloway to no catches. SO I think Baltimore was most impressive.

MagicMan
09-12-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
"true...true..."

Bengals vs. Cowboys

and the joke of the day comes from pirate4state....cowboys in the superbowl....lmao

pirate4state
09-12-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
and the joke of the day comes from pirate4state....cowboys in the superbowl....lmao :tongue: :tongue:

Sweetwater96
09-12-2006, 04:04 PM
I'll have to be a little partial in my reply, but I'd say I was highly impressed with the STL Rams. The offense didn't do much, but for the first time in 5 years the Rams beat someone with their defense not their offense. They played a very solid Denver team that most people thought would handle the Rams. The offense will come around, there's too much talent there, but it is very nice to see the rams not try to win in a shootout. If the defense stays healthy and plays consistent, STL could be a dangerous team down the stretch.

GO RAMS!

:O)

Jason1725
09-12-2006, 05:36 PM

LMAO I hope you didn't take people serious when they picked the Ravens or Bengals to win the North.

SintonFan
09-12-2006, 05:39 PM
I'm not biased or anything but I'd say the Jags win over the 'Boys take the cake.:eek:

MagicMan
09-13-2006, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Jason1725

LMAO I hope you didn't take people serious when they picked the Ravens or Bengals to win the North.

well i guess that makes me and almost everyone on espn an idiot....dang you must be smarter than everyone

Keith7
09-13-2006, 03:15 PM
this poll is a joke.. no philadelphia over houston?? McNabb looked better then he has since his 2004 superbowl run, and the defense looked back up to par.. now granted they were playing the texans, but many people had this game going alot closer then it ended up

none the less.. my vote goes to Philadelphia

crzyjournalist03
09-13-2006, 03:52 PM
I found Baltimore to be the most impressive...say what you will about the Bucs offense, but there's no denying that they still have a solid defense, and Baltimore hung 27 points on them.

Personally, I thougth Miami was overrated coming into the season, but I do think that Pittsburgh will not win the division. I think it's the Bengals' year