PDA

View Full Version : Games of the Week

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2006, 10:57 AM
I know when these go up, some of you are thinking to yourself *lhpm, pull your head out and pick a "decent" game*. I've probably thought it myself once or twice. ;)

Sometimes there are big long-standing "rivalry" games, whether "board" rivalries or on the field ones - Bridgeport/Decatur, Rockdale/Cameron Yoe, Sweetwater/Snyder (yeah, I said it :p ), Cuero/Sinton. Sometimes there may be games that have several posters or a few that like to talk about their team - Barbers Hill/Wharton, AW/IP. Sometimes there are BIG games - Gilmer/Tatum, Wimberley/TL-E. Toward the end of the regular season, there will be district champs "deciding" games. I think you get the picture......

BUT....the last time I looked, this is the 3A Downlow. And as tough as it is for some folks to admit, it's not the Swater/Snyder/Bellville/Cuero/Sinton/Gilmer/etc board. ;) As far as I'm concerned, there are NO bigger games in the state than the one Liberty Hill is playing that week. But it would just be rude for it to always be the LH/insert team here gotw.....at least to the rest of you. :D

I'm ALWAYS open to suggestions. Or, if someone else or several someones want to take on doing them, please feel free. You won't hurt my feelings, I promise. (Besides...then everyone can gripe at you, instead of me. :p )

SintonFan
09-12-2006, 10:59 AM
This isn't the Sinton/Sweetwater/Snyder/Gilmer/Cuero/Bellville board? Then where is that board cuz that's where I want to be.:D j/k
Good post LH PM.:cool:

TheDOCTORdre
09-12-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

And as tough as it is for some folks to admit, it's not the Swater/Snyder/Bellville/Cuero/Sinton/Gilmer/etc board. ;)

look she posted Sweetwater 1st, which means she favors sweetwater more than the others :D :D :D

SintonFan
09-12-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
look she posted Sweetwater 1st, which means she favors sweetwater more than the others :D :D :D
I think I corrected that with my post.:p

TheDOCTORdre
09-12-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I think I corrected that with my post.:p
no thats what you think, but we all know what LHPM thinks now, it may have been subconscious, but its apparent what she thinks

Stownhorse
09-12-2006, 11:01 AM

LMAO slap hands:hand:

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2006, 11:02 AM
Or it could mean......well, use your imagination. :devil: :devil: :kiss:

SintonFan
no thats what you think, but we all know what LHPM thinks now, it may have been subconscious, but its apparent what she thinks
I don't know...
she DID leave out LH so that says something.:nerd:

Snyder_TigerFan
:thumbsup: I think you're doing a great job with the GotW.

pirate4state
09-12-2006, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
:thumbsup: I think you're doing a great job with the GotW. Unfortunately, some people have a problem with the selections! :rolleyes: Thanks LHPM for taking the TIME out of your crazy day to do these for us!! :thumbsup:

Maybe, I'll do them next year or help you out this year! :devil: :devil: :evillol:

TheDOCTORdre
09-12-2006, 11:09 AM
I think she is doing a grea job with GotW as well. All I'm sayin is if I ever see a game of the week involving someone like Clyde or God forbid Lamesa, I will probably revoke my membership from the DL

pirate4state
09-12-2006, 11:12 AM
I think she is doing a grea job with GotW as well. All I'm sayin is if I ever see a game of the week involving someone like Clyde or God forbid Lamesa, I will probably revoke my membership from the DL LOL! Well Mathis-Fal is pretty "eh", but I wouldn't revoke my membership over it! ;) :D

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2006, 11:28 AM
I think she is doing a grea job with GotW as well. All I'm sayin is if I ever see a game of the week involving someone like Clyde or God forbid Lamesa, I will probably revoke my membership from the DL
:dispntd: Well, scratch the Swater/Clyde & Gwood/Lamesa plans then. :crazy1:

goldentor
09-12-2006, 01:59 PM
Why you always hatin on Lamesa??

TheDOCTORdre
09-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by goldentor
Why you always hatin on Lamesa??
Its a proven scientific fact that Tornadoes blow, thats why, or do they suck, either way its not a good thing

goldentor
09-12-2006, 07:21 PM
Either way youre just an arse aren't you.....

STANG RED
09-12-2006, 07:35 PM
LOL, I was wondering when this would be coming. I always see people questioning the wisdom of the chosen games of the week, and wondered when LH Panther Mom was gonna get fed up with it, and come out and say what had to be said.
Great job LH Panther Mom! You just keep chuggin right along, and forget the nay sayers. Your doing a (thankless) great job, that most of the rest of us wouldnt want to do. If it had been me, Id a told em where they could stick it, in week 0. :D

TheDOCTORdre
09-12-2006, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by goldentor
Either way youre just an arse aren't you.....
I just tell it like it is, and if thats a crime I'm guilty, and as far as being an arse, I beg to differ

SintonFan
09-12-2006, 10:54 PM
I just tell it like it is, and if thats a crime I'm guilty, and as far as being an arse, I beg to differ
According to ol country boîte, my whole town is that way.:( :bigcry:

Technoredneck
09-12-2006, 10:57 PM
Its a proven scientific fact that Tornadoes blow, thats why, or do they suck, either way its not a good thing
I'm sorry, but where is it written that the GotW has to be a headliner, between State Ranked Teams or even between good programs? I agree with the philosophy that any matchup should be eligible, even from the programs that don't get to play in late November & December. I mean this isn't Elite3ADownLow, or Top253ADownlow.

Show some compassion for those kids that don't have the privilege of playing in a first class program.

Can't we all just get along.:)

TheDOCTORdre
09-12-2006, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Technoredneck
I'm sorry, but where is it written that the GotW has to be a headliner, between State Ranked Teams or even between good programs? I agree with the philosophy that any matchup should be eligible, even from the programs that don't get to play in late November & December. I mean this isn't Elite3ADownLow, or Top253ADownlow.

Show some compassion for those kids that don't have the privilege of playing in a first class program.

hey man I'm just trying to spread a little humr on the downlow, its not my fault that Lamesa's mascot is the Golden Torrs, and I can make that joke about them, you gotta admit it is funny

sinton66
09-12-2006, 11:00 PM
EVERY week, she asks for suggestions.;)

Technoredneck
09-12-2006, 11:02 PM
hey man I'm just trying to spread a little humr on the downlow, its not my fault that Lamesa's mascot is the Golden Torrs, and I can make that joke about them, you gotta admit it is funny
But you act like they had something else to work with, you ever been to Lamesa?;) ;)

SintonFan
09-12-2006, 11:04 PM
lol
It was funny.:D

TheDOCTORdre
09-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
lol
It was funny.:D
at least someone appreciates good humor

LH Panther Mom
09-13-2006, 05:18 AM

Yay! :clap: :clap: :kiss:

Old Green
09-13-2006, 05:52 AM

Can't we all just get along.:) I agree:clap: it does not have to be top team match ups every week. It could be a rivalry game between two teams that we don't hear much of. LHPM is doing a good job each week giving us something to discuss.

When LHPM ask for suggestion for her weekly game of the weeks, then give her a game and reason to research it.

LH Panther Mom
10-29-2006, 12:36 PM
:weeping: :weeping:

Just a reminder......

pirate4state
10-29-2006, 12:55 PM
:weeping: :weeping:

Just a reminder......

more like :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :dispntd:

Snydertigersrul
10-29-2006, 04:40 PM
I know when these go up, some of you are thinking to yourself *lhpm, pull your head out and pick a "decent" game*. I've probably thought it myself once or twice. ;)

Sometimes there are big long-standing "rivalry" games, whether "board" rivalries or on the field ones - Bridgeport/Decatur, Rockdale/Cameron Yoe, Sweetwater/Snyder (yeah, I said it :p ), Cuero/Sinton. Sometimes there may be games that have several posters or a few that like to talk about their team - Barbers Hill/Wharton, AW/IP. Sometimes there are BIG games - Gilmer/Tatum, Wimberley/TL-E. Toward the end of the regular season, there will be district champs "deciding" games. I think you get the picture......

BUT....the last time I looked, this is the 3A Downlow. And as tough as it is for some folks to admit, it's not the Swater/Snyder/Bellville/Cuero/Sinton/Gilmer/etc board. ;) As far as I'm concerned, there are NO bigger games in the state than the one Liberty Hill is playing that week. But it would just be rude for it to always be the LH/insert team here gotw.....at least to the rest of you. :D

I'm ALWAYS open to suggestions. Or, if someone else or several someones want to take on doing them, please feel free. You won't hurt my feelings, I promise. (Besides...then everyone can gripe at you, instead of me. :p )

Good post LHPM. You always ask for suggestions before selecting the games of the week. That's why you and Ranger Mom are great mods.

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2006, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
more like :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :dispntd:
Isn't that the truth!

Ranger Mom
10-30-2006, 09:47 AM
Isn't that the truth!

I'm kinda partial to this one
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/cry_baby.gif

Johnny 5
10-30-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I'm kinda partial to this one
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/cry_baby.gif

It is not so much being a cry baby or whiner as it is just not making any sense.

Ranger Mom
10-30-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
It is not so much being a cry baby or whiner as it is just not making any sense.

If this doesn't say it all, I don't know what does:

rundoe
10-30-2006, 11:17 AM
Since i sit next to LHPantherMom at nearly every Liberty Hill Game, and watch the texts go back and forth between ya'll. I'll agree with her.
However, She has never ONCE asked MY opinion about anything, doesn't listen when i offer them, And NEVER agrees with me when i do. So Now i usully don't, lol.
(She think I know absolutely nothing about football), but I sure love watching it.

Ranger Mom
10-30-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by rundoe
Since i sit next to LHPantherMom at nearly every Liberty Hill Game, and watch the texts go back and forth between ya'll. I'll agree with her.
However, She has never ONCE asked MY opinion about anything, doesn't listen when i offer them, And NEVER agrees with me when i do. So Now i usully don't, lol.
(She think I know absolutely nothing about football), but I sure love watching it.

LOL!!! That was great!!:clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2006, 11:22 AM
Well, DUH! :D :p

carter08
10-30-2006, 11:24 AM
The Game of the Week should HAVE to follow these rules.

1. Be a Football GAme
2. Be between 2 teams
3. Include at least one 3A school
4. Be played the week it is selected

pirate4state
10-30-2006, 11:24 AM

Remember - I was there too (in Cuero) you guys are funny!! :clap:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-30-2006, 11:26 AM
The Battle of the Bell has been one of the biggest rivarlies in the state, no matter what classification you are looking at. Rockdale can put District 18-3A into a tailspin with a victory, so this is an interesting game. The better team or the team with the better record does not always win, this is evident with the 1998 Battle of the Bell where Cameron won 3-0 over Rockdale, which was one of the best Rockdale teams we have had in a decade.

rundoe
10-30-2006, 11:43 AM
See What I mean!!!!!!!!
Her reply to me was typical, lol. It's worse at the games. lol She can YELL at me there!!!!:D

Johnny 5
10-30-2006, 12:02 PM
If this doesn't say it all, I don't know what does:
And on top of that, the missing PotW nomination last week.

Things do not add up.

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2006, 12:23 PM
See What I mean!!!!!!!!
Her reply to me was typical, lol. It's worse at the games. lol She can YELL at me there!!!!:D
Or hit you. :D

rundoe
10-30-2006, 12:25 PM
TWICE At the last game, but got even by kicking her water bottle off the seat and under the bleachers, lol.:devil:

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2006, 12:27 PM

Things do not add up.
How's this? BOTH Port Isabel AND Rio Hondo have ALREADY had the game of the week honors. I try to be "fair" but there are 174 teams in 3a and not every game can be chosen.

pirate4state
10-30-2006, 12:29 PM

Things do not add up.

Okay the secret is out no one likes Rio Hondo or Bellville. :rolleyes: There is NO conspiracy. Sometimes things don't work out the way you want...it's LIFE. Learn that lesson NOW. :)

Ranger Mom
10-30-2006, 12:42 PM

Things do not add up.

I don't have a clue what you are talking about.....but what does one have to do with the other??

POTW is handled by injuredinmelee....LHPM has nothing to do with that!!

pirate4state
10-30-2006, 12:44 PM
I don't have a clue what you are talking about.....but what does one have to do with the other??

POTW is handled by injuredinmelee....LHPM has nothing to do with that!! shhhhhhhhhhh....it's a conspiracy.

Johnny 5
10-30-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Okay the secret is out no one likes Rio Hondo or Bellville. :rolleyes: There is NO conspiracy. Sometimes things don't work out the way you want...it's LIFE. Learn that lesson NOW. :)

I do not need life lesson's from someone who I do not even know.

I do not care who does what on this forum. All I know is it is messed up.

A PotW nominee that has just as good stats if not better, against a district powerhouse, that was supposed to hold the player to 1/4 of what he got gets left off the poll . . . and I did not even nominate him! I seconded it, and it was thirded fourthed and fifthed . . . and yet he is not there. What gives?

And then GotW goes to a game with a combined record of 9-7 that basically means nothing to anyone except the players who are playing, with next to no playoff complications, judging by the schedules of the district, rather than to two teams that are combined 15-2, and has District CHampion Complications, not to mention playoff complications.

And I am not whining. I am questioning what the heck is wrong with the picture?

footballgal
10-30-2006, 11:17 PM
See what I have to put up with(johnny5) all season :D

Johnny 5
10-31-2006, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by footballgal
See what I have to put up with(johnny5) all season :D

You know you love me! :D

pirate4state
10-31-2006, 11:09 AM
I do not need life lesson's from someone who I do not even know.
Fair enough

I do not care who does what on this forum. All I know is it is messed up.
You must care a little.

And I am not whining. I am questioning what the heck is wrong with the picture? No one is perfect.

Have a good game!!

44INAROW
10-31-2006, 11:54 AM
I do not care who does what on this forum.

Keep telling yourself that, you might begin to believe it one day.

Johnny 5
10-31-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Keep telling yourself that, you might begin to believe it one day.

Yay . . . that made no sense!