PDA

View Full Version : Gatesville @ Liberty Hill

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2006, 09:09 AM
It's Homecoming week here. From what I can tell, the team is over the "we beat Burnet" high and is focused on the task at hand....the Gatesville Hornets. It's been a LONG time since I've had the chance to watch any Gatesville team & never at the varsity level. With Gatesville defeating Cameron Yoe recently, this will be another good test for the Panthers.

Any thoughts on the game?

3afan
09-12-2006, 09:14 AM
barn burner - s/b one of the GOTWs!

Tx Challenge
09-12-2006, 09:35 AM
Gatesville is bigger than LH. Then again, who isnt?

LH takes this game though. The Hornets are going to be confused by the LH running game. They have not faced a team that runs the Wing T offense. That gives LH a huge advantage.

Bullaholic
09-12-2006, 01:04 PM
IMO, This one is just too close to call. I would give LH a slight edge because of the consistentsy of their running offense, which will work in their favor in a low-scoring game. If this game gets into a "shootout" then I think Gatesville wins.

HAN SING
09-12-2006, 01:28 PM
HAN SING say LH win in close one. LH good this year . Gatesville not ready for big time.

pirate4state
09-12-2006, 01:29 PM
I don't know anything, BUT I do know that I'm rooting for Liberty Hill. :cheerl: :cheerl:

Why they chose Gatesville as their homecoming game is troubling? Homecoming games increase the risk of teams wanting to play spoiler and Gatesville will not like being scheduled as the homecoming game. :p

I still give the edge to LH!!

Tx Challenge
09-12-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I don't know anything, BUT I do know that I'm rooting for Liberty Hill. :cheerl: :cheerl:

Why they chose Gatesville as their homecoming game is troubling? Homecoming games increase the risk of teams wanting to play spoiler and Gatesville will not like being scheduled as the homecoming game. :p

I still give the edge to LH!!

Have you seen the schedule that LH plays? I couldnt pick an "easy" team to play!

They will have their hands full for sure, but I still think they take this game

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
Have you seen the schedule that LH plays? I couldnt pick an "easy" team to play!

They will have their hands full for sure, but I still think they take this game
:doh: No joke! Four home games - Burnet, Gatesville, Hutto and Cameron Yoe

pirate4state
09-12-2006, 02:38 PM

They will have their hands full for sure, but I still think they take this game I wasn't really serious...somewhat of an inside joke.

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2006, 03:14 PM
I wasn't really serious...somewhat of an inside joke.
You should work on the "gloom & doom PhilC" act before you take it on the road. :D

Eagle 1
09-12-2006, 03:15 PM
Gatesville not ready for big time.
But they can still "bling bling" you.

I agree, if the game gets into a shootout, then look for the Hornets to win.
I do think Gatesville's defense is a little suspect.

pirate4state
09-12-2006, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You should work on the "gloom & doom PhilC" act before you take it on the road. :D

It was pretty bad http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbsdown.gif my bad...won't happen again :o

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2006, 03:20 PM
It was pretty bad http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbsdown.gif my bad...won't happen again :o
It just wasn't "gloomy/scary" enough. ;)

JR2004
09-12-2006, 03:50 PM
Gatesville will be ready to compete. This current group of players may not have a lot of big game experience, but one thing Gatesville has is good continuity on their staff as a lot of them were coaching in one big game after another for Gatesville during the state title season of 2000. The defense does appear to me to be a bit suspect this year for them, but then again they're really trying to do what most spread teams do and force you into a high scoring game.

I heard from Gatesville's head guy recently and he brought up a pretty good point. He said they'll be seeing at least 7 teams in the regular season that run the spread and they won't be seeing anyone that runs an offense like they'll see on Friday night in Liberty Hill. This is a very hard offense to prepare for when most of what you're working on is schemes designed to stop pass heavy teams. I know Gatesville feels like they've got their work cut out for them this week if they want to win or at least make a good showing. If the game stays under 30 I think Liberty Hill wins. If it goes over then Gatesville has a very good chance to pull off a very big win on the road against one of the state's best teams.

Tx Challenge
09-12-2006, 05:18 PM
:doh: No joke! Four home games - Burnet, Gatesville, Hutto and Cameron Yoe

We might schould have had homecoming against. BYE. I that is at home isnt it?:p

theyoefnshow
09-12-2006, 05:26 PM
not ready for the running game? Keep in mind Gatesville completely reversed what they brought to the table in week 0. In week 0 they were pass pass pass. Against us, they UNLEASHED a beast of a running back. I hope LH doesn't take them lightly. It should provide a hell of a measuring stick for both teams though. Not ready for the big time? Gatesville is a recent former state champion and has been a centex power for years. To overlook the Hornets would be a grave mistake for any team.

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2006, 05:33 PM
We might schould have had homecoming against. BYE. I that is at home isnt it?:p
I think we have them on the road, too. :eek: :eek:

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
not ready for the running game? Keep in mind Gatesville completely reversed what they brought to the table in week 0. In week 0 they were pass pass pass. Against us, they UNLEASHED a beast of a running back. I hope LH doesn't take them lightly. It should provide a hell of a measuring stick for both teams though. Not ready for the big time? Gatesville is a recent former state champion and has been a centex power for years. To overlook the Hornets would be a grave mistake for any team.
I honestly don't believe anyone from Liberty Hill is taking any team on our schedule lightly.....we can't afford to.

Tx Challenge
09-12-2006, 07:08 PM
I honestly don't believe anyone from Liberty Hill is taking any team on our schedule lightly.....we can't afford to.

I agree, it is going to be tough the next couple of years anyway. We play some of the best in the state every week. Vance does great getting the team ready, and I dont think LH has ever taken anyone lightly.

Being in a new district and region gives us the opportunity to see and play some other teams. I am all for that.

gobbler grad
09-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Good luck LH...hope for a safe and injury free game...:clap:

LHMom
09-13-2006, 05:12 PM
LH is not taking Gatesville lightly. After the upset over Cameron-Yoe, Vance knows we have our work cut out for us.

I'm going with LH by 14. GO PANTHERS!

pirate4state
09-14-2006, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
Good luck LH...hope for a safe and injury free game...:clap: :clap: Ditto!!!

LEROY
09-14-2006, 11:20 AM
If LH can control the ground they should win. Although I agree with some of the other posters that a shootout favors the Hornets.

HipposGitErDun
09-14-2006, 11:56 PM
I will be pulling for district member LH,,, that sounds wierd. Our district is so tough. Back to the game, I think it is VERY hard to prepare for LH in one week without any exposure to that offense. Though I have not seen LH this year, their offense is always hard to stop.

LH by a touchdown.

gobblerfan02
09-15-2006, 12:31 AM
I'll be rootin' for the Panthers this week, but next week will be a different story when they travel my way!!!....Good luck Panthers!

highfn
09-15-2006, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow

Which beast of a running back are you talking about? number 21? I had to leave at the half due to my kiddo. I think Gatesville's D will do alright against LH mainly due to the team speed that they have this year. This is probably the fastest team g-ville's had in a long time.

The wizard
09-15-2006, 10:37 AM
Have a friend on the staff at Gatesville. They have a chance to make a run in the playoffs if they keep improving. Cameron Yoe was overrated according to him and LH is a better team.

NateDawg39
09-15-2006, 10:44 AM
GO LIBERTY HILL!!...Ofcourse the only reason I am going for them is because the girl I am seeing is from Liberty Hill!:D