PDA

View Full Version : Keith Olberman

WestTXLonghorn
09-12-2006, 01:17 AM
Man, I always knew this guy was a windbag and a blowhard, but I seriously think he's gone off the deep end.

I can't say I like Dubya that much, but I sure as heck can't stand most liberal ideas. I consider myself open minded and moderate and so I usually listen to both sides of the political spectrum to get a good guage on things. So, instead of just blindly eating what Bill O'Reilly hands out every night, I often watch Hardball and Countdown even tho I don't really agree with their viewpoints much.

Tonight, I was flipping the channels since the Raiders were getting it handed to them by the Chargers and Keith Olberman was giving a "Special Comment". Seriously, I almost couldn't believe what I was hearing. He blamed everything on Bush and the Republicans which is fairly the norm for him, but then he went into a tirade about monsters and evil doers and how Bush should be impeached. He then threw a fit about the miniseries on ABC that cast some negative light on the Clinton administration and basically accused the Republican party and Bush of purposely funding it to discredit Clinton, etc.

He went on and on about scapegoats and liars and blaming other people (ironically the same thing he was doing in his little speech and nightly on his show) and sounded like he was about to burst a vein. He then backed up his statements with an obscure Lincoln quote and then used the Twilight Zone as a metaphor......

Honestly, has this what our country come to? I sometimes think that some of the Islamic crazies who think up ways of killing Americans every day are less fanatical than people on evening TV. It seems like there's no room anymore for moderate people with some common sense and manners anymore in politics. Either you're a psycho conservative bible thumper or you're a raving liberal commie lover.

I'm glad some people have the common decency to take this day and remember some good people that lost their lives instead of hawking their own warped political agendas. Apologies to anyone that thinks that's what I was doing here or was offended.

g$$
09-12-2006, 05:48 AM
Great points. I also try to consider both sides, but most of the time just end up scratching my head. The problem as I see it is there are so many forums for these types to vent. And then the facts get skewed & confusion sets in. Who to believe, what to believe, etc. This may explain the recent influx in politicians running for office as Independents (like in our state).

I'm a conservative by nature, but don't blindly go thru life accepting it all. Blind faith is no faith at all to me. I like common sense & rational, well-thought out decisions. Give me facts & why, etc. I just wish politics in general adhered to that too. The media is just after what sells to the most people, period, even if that means a few untruths along the way. It says a lot about the intellect of our society as a whole, which is sad. Personally, KO bugged me on ESPN for years too. Humorous at times but overall annoying. Anyway, good stuff.

AggieJohn
09-12-2006, 07:13 AM
he's a tool bag and espn was smart for firing his butt

BTEXDAD
09-12-2006, 07:20 AM
excellent, westtx and g$$.
I consider myself somewhat conservative, but also don't like how both parties seem to be bullied around by their "core" groups, the far right and far left.
I can't see how a vote that goes through congress can sometimes be split EXACTLY along party lines. It would seem some of the individuals wouldn't always think the same, but they're worried about losing some of their party's campaign money if they don't go along with the group.
I don't like the fact that prayer has been taken out of school because of "separation of church and state", but a pastor can stand in pulpit and and give sermon about who people should vote for (Jessie Jackson or Jerry Falwell).
I like George W's resolve, but he is TOO hard headed and not willing to change his course even the slightest. On opposite end of the spectrum was Clinton who changed his beliefs every time a new poll came out. Somewhere in between, probably a little closer to Bush would be ideal personality to run country.
I appreciate the fact that government is trying to protect my family and other americans. I don't care if they use phone taps, overseas interrogation rooms or whatever. There is no reason the media needs to know all about our interrogation procedures and then publish it everywhere when the enemy uses the most barbaric procedures known to man in treating their prisoners.
The enemy is killing and dismembering human beings while the media is blasting our armed services for what was going on at Abu Ghraib(sp?). The "torture" that was being done to the enemy combatants looked more like a college fraternity initiation than actual torture.

But life's not all bad, it's football season.

DDBooger
09-12-2006, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
I like George W's resolve, but he is TOO hard headed and not willing to change his course even the slightest. On opposite end of the spectrum was Clinton who changed his beliefs every time a new poll came out. I couldn't have said it better myself! doing nothing or continuing to hit a brick wall.

Technoredneck
09-12-2006, 08:09 AM
I have to agree with y'all. It has gotten to the point in our government, at almost all levels, that once we elect someone they get into office and all of their good intentions are checked at the door and the political training takes place. I realize that politics involves a lot of give and take, but it has gotten to the point that all the giving is done by the voters and the taking done by the politicians. Party affiliations become more important than the truenature of bills and the little people (us) get forgotten way too often in their deal making. Both sides are blaming the other side for all of the problems when in truth they all have a hand in them and none of them are innocent.

Jason1725
09-12-2006, 08:27 AM
I have to agree with y'all. It has gotten to the point in our government, at almost all levels, that once we elect someone they get into office and all of their good intentions are checked at the door and the political training takes place. I realize that politics involves a lot of give and take, but it has gotten to the point that all the giving is done by the voters and the taking done by the politicians. Party affiliations become more important than the truenature of bills and the little people (us) get forgotten way too often in their deal making. Both sides are blaming the other side for all of the problems when in truth they all have a hand in them and none of them are innocent.

Awesome post!!!:clap:

Jason1725
09-12-2006, 08:51 AM
Since everyone is talking about what he said I think it's good to post it.

This hole in the ground

Half a lifetime ago, I worked in this now-empty space. And for 40 days after the attacks, I worked here again, trying to make sense of what happened, and was yet to happen, as a reporter.

All the time, I knew that the very air I breathed contained the remains of thousands of people, including four of my friends, two in the planes and -- as I discovered from those "missing posters" seared still into my soul -- two more in the Towers.

And I knew too, that this was the pyre for hundreds of New York policemen and firemen, of whom my family can claim half a dozen or more, as our ancestors.

I belabor this to emphasize that, for me this was, and is, and always shall be, personal.

And anyone who claims that I and others like me are "soft,"or have "forgotten" the lessons of what happened here is at best a grasping, opportunistic, dilettante and at worst, an idiot whether he is a commentator, or a Vice President, or a President.

However, of all the things those of us who were here five years ago could have forecast -- of all the nightmares that unfolded before our eyes, and the others that unfolded only in our minds -- none of us could have predicted this.

Five years later this space is still empty.

Five years later there is no memorial to the dead.

Five years later there is no building rising to show with proud defiance that we would not have our America wrung from us, by cowards and criminals.

Five years later this country's wound is still open.

Five years later this country's mass grave is still unmarked.

Five years later this is still just a background for a photo-op.

It is beyond shameful.

At the dedication of the Gettysburg Memorial -- barely four months after the last soldier staggered from another Pennsylvania field -- Mr. Lincoln said, "we cannot dedicate, we cannot consecrate, we cannot hallow this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract."

Lincoln used those words to immortalize their sacrifice.

Today our leaders could use those same words to rationalize their reprehensible inaction. "We cannot dedicate, we can not consecrate, we can not hallow this ground." So we won't.

Instead they bicker and buck pass. They thwart private efforts, and jostle to claim credit for initiatives that go nowhere. They spend the money on irrelevant wars, and elaborate self-congratulations, and buying off columnists to write how good a job they're doing instead of doing any job at all.

Five years later, Mr. Bush, we are still fighting the terrorists on these streets. And look carefully, sir, on these 16 empty acres. The terrorists are clearly, still winning.

And, in a crime against every victim here and every patriotic sentiment you mouthed but did not enact, you have done nothing about it.

And there is something worse still than this vast gaping hole in this city, and in the fabric of our nation. There is its symbolism of the promise unfulfilled, the urgent oath, reduced to lazy execution.

The only positive on 9/11 and the days and weeks that so slowly and painfully followed it was the unanimous humanity, here, and throughout the country. The government, the President in particular, was given every possible measure of support.

Those who did not belong to his party -- tabled that.

Those who doubted the mechanics of his election -- ignored that.

Those who wondered of his qualifications -- forgot that.

History teaches us that nearly unanimous support of a government cannot be taken away from that government by its critics. It can only be squandered by those who use it not to heal a nation's wounds, but to take political advantage.

Terrorists did not come and steal our newly-regained sense of being American first, and political, fiftieth. Nor did the Democrats. Nor did the media. Nor did the people.

The President -- and those around him -- did that.

They promised bi-partisanship, and then showed that to them, "bi-partisanship" meant that their party would rule and the rest would have to follow, or be branded, with ever-escalating hysteria, as morally or intellectually confused, as appeasers, as those who, in the Vice President's words yesterday, "validate the strategy of the terrorists."

They promised protection, and then showed that to them "protection" meant going to war against a despot whose hand they had once shaken, a despot who we now learn from our own Senate Intelligence Committee, hated al-Qaida as much as we did.

The polite phrase for how so many of us were duped into supporting a war, on the false premise that it had 'something to do' with 9/11 is "lying by implication."

The impolite phrase is "impeachable offense."

Not once in now five years has this President ever offered to assume responsibility for the failures that led to this empty space, and to this, the current, curdled, version of our beloved country.

Still, there is a last snapping flame from a final candle of respect and fairness: even his most virulent critics have never suggested he alone bears the full brunt of the blame for 9/11.

Half the time, in fact, this President has been so gently treated, that he has seemed not even to be the man most responsible for anything in his own administration.

Yet what is happening this very night?

A mini-series, created, influenced -- possibly financed by -- the most radical and cold of domestic political Machiavellis, continues to be televised into our homes.

The documented truths of the last fifteen years are replaced by bald-faced lies; the talking points of the current regime parroted; the whole sorry story blurred, by spin, to make the party out of office seem vacillating and impotent, and the party in office, seem like the only option.

How dare you, Mr. President, after taking cynical advantage of the unanimity and love, and transmuting it into fraudulent war and needless death, after monstrously transforming it into fear and suspicion and turning that fear into the campaign slogan of three elections? How dare you -- or those around you -- ever "spin" 9/11?

Just as the terrorists have succeeded -- are still succeeding -- as long as there is no memorial and no construction here at Ground Zero.

So, too, have they succeeded, and are still succeeding as long as this government uses 9/11 as a wedge to pit Americans against Americans.

This is an odd point to cite a television program, especially one from March of 1960. But as Disney's continuing sell-out of the truth (and this country) suggests, even television programs can be powerful things.

And long ago, a series called "The Twilight Zone" broadcast a riveting episode entitled "The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street."

In brief: a meteor sparks rumors of an invasion by extra-terrestrials disguised as humans. The electricity goes out. A neighbor pleads for calm. Suddenly his car -- and only his car -- starts. Someone suggests he must be the alien. Then another man's lights go on. As charges and suspicion and panic overtake the street, guns are inevitably produced. An "alien" is shot -- but he turns out to be just another neighbor, returning from going for help. The camera pulls back to a near-by hill, where two extra-terrestrials are seen manipulating a small device that can jam electricity. The veteran tells his novice that there's no need to actually attack, that you just turn off a few of the human machines and then, "they pick the most dangerous enemy they can find, and it's themselves."

And then, in perhaps his finest piece of writing, Rod Serling sums it up with words of remarkable prescience, given where we find ourselves tonight: "The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices, to be found only in the minds of men.

"For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own -- for the children, and the children yet unborn."

When those who dissent are told time and time again -- as we will be, if not tonight by the President, then tomorrow by his portable public chorus -- that he is preserving our freedom, but that if we use any of it, we are somehow un-American...When we are scolded, that if we merely question, we have "forgotten the lessons of 9/11"... look into this empty space behind me and the bi-partisanship upon which this administration also did not build, and tell me:

Who has left this hole in the ground?

We have not forgotten, Mr. President.

You have.

May this country forgive you.

Sept. 11, 2006 | 3:19 p.m. ET

3afan
09-12-2006, 10:04 AM
who cares what one sports/newscaster says/thinks

Blastoderm55
09-12-2006, 10:30 AM
Just for the record, the 9/11 miniseries was funded by David Horowitz with assistance from several organizations that hold ties to the Bush administration. Its not against the law in any way.

Technoredneck
09-12-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Just for the record, the 9/11 miniseries was funded by David Horowitz with assistance from several organizations that hold ties to the Bush administration. Its not against the law in any way. :doh: :doh:
Well, like duh, we couldn't figure that out when the Clintons went on the defensive about it!

Blastoderm55
09-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
I like George W's resolve, but he is TOO hard headed and not willing to change his course even the slightest. On opposite end of the spectrum was Clinton who changed his beliefs every time a new poll came out.

Hmm, I thought the whole thing with Democracy was the fact that we elect officials to carry out the will of the people. :confused: Presidents out to damn well care about opinion polls.

SintonFan
09-12-2006, 10:35 AM
Just for the record, the 9/11 miniseries was funded by David Horowitz with assistance from several organizations that hold ties to the Bush administration. Its not against the law in any way.
Ehh...:hand: :p

SintonFan
09-12-2006, 10:36 AM
Hmm, I thought the whole thing with Democracy was the fact that we elect officials to carry out the will of the people. :confused: Presidents out to damn well care about opinion polls.
A true leader won't let a poll sway him or her from making the right choice.

Technoredneck
09-12-2006, 10:45 AM
And that is where the problem generally starts. We elect people who we hope carry out our will and usually get somebody who hopes they will get elected to carry out their will. Not always the same will. Not even the same will among the voters who elect the person, people tend to find something about a candidate that they like, and then they tend to overlook those traits that don't quite fit their plan, then when the politician gets in office we each have a different expectation for them and everyone is in a no-win situation, no candidate can fulfill all of the campaign promises because they all change their stance during their run for office due to changing times and changing issues, some move to the front and some to the back. Some that seemed important when the campaign started became meaningless to the politician by the election, but due to an early stance, he won some votes. That's the way it works, it sucks, but that is the way it really is.

WestTXLonghorn
09-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Jason1725
Since everyone is talking about what he said I think it's good to post it.

This hole in the ground

Half a lifetime ago, I worked in this now-empty space. And for 40 days after the attacks, I worked here again, trying to make sense of what happened, and was yet to happen, as a reporter.

All the time, I knew that the very air I breathed contained the remains of thousands of people, including four of my friends, two in the planes and -- as I discovered from those "missing posters" seared still into my soul -- two more in the Towers.

And I knew too, that this was the pyre for hundreds of New York policemen and firemen, of whom my family can claim half a dozen or more, as our ancestors.

I belabor this to emphasize that, for me this was, and is, and always shall be, personal.

And anyone who claims that I and others like me are "soft,"or have "forgotten" the lessons of what happened here is at best a grasping, opportunistic, dilettante and at worst, an idiot whether he is a commentator, or a Vice President, or a President.

However, of all the things those of us who were here five years ago could have forecast -- of all the nightmares that unfolded before our eyes, and the others that unfolded only in our minds -- none of us could have predicted this.

Five years later this space is still empty.

Five years later there is no memorial to the dead.

Five years later there is no building rising to show with proud defiance that we would not have our America wrung from us, by cowards and criminals.

Five years later this country's wound is still open.

Five years later this country's mass grave is still unmarked.

Five years later this is still just a background for a photo-op.

It is beyond shameful.

At the dedication of the Gettysburg Memorial -- barely four months after the last soldier staggered from another Pennsylvania field -- Mr. Lincoln said, "we cannot dedicate, we cannot consecrate, we cannot hallow this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract."

Lincoln used those words to immortalize their sacrifice.

Today our leaders could use those same words to rationalize their reprehensible inaction. "We cannot dedicate, we can not consecrate, we can not hallow this ground." So we won't.

Instead they bicker and buck pass. They thwart private efforts, and jostle to claim credit for initiatives that go nowhere. They spend the money on irrelevant wars, and elaborate self-congratulations, and buying off columnists to write how good a job they're doing instead of doing any job at all.

Five years later, Mr. Bush, we are still fighting the terrorists on these streets. And look carefully, sir, on these 16 empty acres. The terrorists are clearly, still winning.

And, in a crime against every victim here and every patriotic sentiment you mouthed but did not enact, you have done nothing about it.

And there is something worse still than this vast gaping hole in this city, and in the fabric of our nation. There is its symbolism of the promise unfulfilled, the urgent oath, reduced to lazy execution.

The only positive on 9/11 and the days and weeks that so slowly and painfully followed it was the unanimous humanity, here, and throughout the country. The government, the President in particular, was given every possible measure of support.

Those who did not belong to his party -- tabled that.

Those who doubted the mechanics of his election -- ignored that.

Those who wondered of his qualifications -- forgot that.

History teaches us that nearly unanimous support of a government cannot be taken away from that government by its critics. It can only be squandered by those who use it not to heal a nation's wounds, but to take political advantage.

Terrorists did not come and steal our newly-regained sense of being American first, and political, fiftieth. Nor did the Democrats. Nor did the media. Nor did the people.

The President -- and those around him -- did that.

They promised bi-partisanship, and then showed that to them, "bi-partisanship" meant that their party would rule and the rest would have to follow, or be branded, with ever-escalating hysteria, as morally or intellectually confused, as appeasers, as those who, in the Vice President's words yesterday, "validate the strategy of the terrorists."

They promised protection, and then showed that to them "protection" meant going to war against a despot whose hand they had once shaken, a despot who we now learn from our own Senate Intelligence Committee, hated al-Qaida as much as we did.

The polite phrase for how so many of us were duped into supporting a war, on the false premise that it had 'something to do' with 9/11 is "lying by implication."

The impolite phrase is "impeachable offense."

Not once in now five years has this President ever offered to assume responsibility for the failures that led to this empty space, and to this, the current, curdled, version of our beloved country.

Still, there is a last snapping flame from a final candle of respect and fairness: even his most virulent critics have never suggested he alone bears the full brunt of the blame for 9/11.

Half the time, in fact, this President has been so gently treated, that he has seemed not even to be the man most responsible for anything in his own administration.

Yet what is happening this very night?

A mini-series, created, influenced -- possibly financed by -- the most radical and cold of domestic political Machiavellis, continues to be televised into our homes.

The documented truths of the last fifteen years are replaced by bald-faced lies; the talking points of the current regime parroted; the whole sorry story blurred, by spin, to make the party out of office seem vacillating and impotent, and the party in office, seem like the only option.

How dare you, Mr. President, after taking cynical advantage of the unanimity and love, and transmuting it into fraudulent war and needless death, after monstrously transforming it into fear and suspicion and turning that fear into the campaign slogan of three elections? How dare you -- or those around you -- ever "spin" 9/11?

Just as the terrorists have succeeded -- are still succeeding -- as long as there is no memorial and no construction here at Ground Zero.

So, too, have they succeeded, and are still succeeding as long as this government uses 9/11 as a wedge to pit Americans against Americans.

This is an odd point to cite a television program, especially one from March of 1960. But as Disney's continuing sell-out of the truth (and this country) suggests, even television programs can be powerful things.

And long ago, a series called "The Twilight Zone" broadcast a riveting episode entitled "The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street."

In brief: a meteor sparks rumors of an invasion by extra-terrestrials disguised as humans. The electricity goes out. A neighbor pleads for calm. Suddenly his car -- and only his car -- starts. Someone suggests he must be the alien. Then another man's lights go on. As charges and suspicion and panic overtake the street, guns are inevitably produced. An "alien" is shot -- but he turns out to be just another neighbor, returning from going for help. The camera pulls back to a near-by hill, where two extra-terrestrials are seen manipulating a small device that can jam electricity. The veteran tells his novice that there's no need to actually attack, that you just turn off a few of the human machines and then, "they pick the most dangerous enemy they can find, and it's themselves."

And then, in perhaps his finest piece of writing, Rod Serling sums it up with words of remarkable prescience, given where we find ourselves tonight: "The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices, to be found only in the minds of men.

"For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own -- for the children, and the children yet unborn."

When those who dissent are told time and time again -- as we will be, if not tonight by the President, then tomorrow by his portable public chorus -- that he is preserving our freedom, but that if we use any of it, we are somehow un-American...When we are scolded, that if we merely question, we have "forgotten the lessons of 9/11"... look into this empty space behind me and the bi-partisanship upon which this administration also did not build, and tell me:

Who has left this hole in the ground?

We have not forgotten, Mr. President.

You have.

May this country forgive you.

Sept. 11, 2006 | 3:19 p.m. ET

Thanks for finding this. Olberman has seriously gone off the deep end and I think he was always ready to do it, he just finally found a network that would let him.

MSNBC has seen the huge ratings Fox News is getting and decided that the only way they can keep their doors open is to be the antithesis of that network. I like Tucker Carlson because he's pretty much a libertarian and a good guy, but the rest of the people they put on TV are straight outta Hillary Clinton's wet dreams. UGH. Just as bad as O'Reilly and Hannitty and crew over on Fox.

Maroon87
09-12-2006, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Olberman has seriously gone off the deep end and I think he was always ready to do it, he just finally found a network that would let him.

I watched him on MSNBC several months back and his entire show was a rant against Bill O'Reilly. Not that I'm a big O'Reilly fan but that was a tad much. Olbermann's legacy will be that he ruined SportsCenter for future generations, IMO.

mwynn05
09-12-2006, 03:49 PM
Hmm, I thought the whole thing with Democracy was the fact that we elect officials to carry out the will of the people. :confused: Presidents out to damn well care about opinion polls. Yeah, but GW wasnt actually elected by the people the first time yes i understand the electoral college so dont tell about that you know what im getting at

Jason1725
09-12-2006, 04:06 PM
I don't like either party and feel it's time for Texas to be a Republic again. It's time for Texas to secede! Neither party seems to care about protecting our borders, but actually want to support it by funding the people here illegely. It's like Sam Houston said " Texas will again lift it's head and stand among the nations. It ought to do so, for no country upon the globe can compare with it in natural advantages."

Blastoderm55
09-12-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
Yeah, but GW wasnt actually elected by the people the first time yes i understand the electoral college so dont tell about that you know what im getting at

Um, I don't think anyone knows what you're getting at. I hope you didn't mistake me for a Bush supporter because that's incredibly far from the truth.

Regardless, no more politics for me.

...until the next thread, at least. :)

SintonFan
09-12-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Jason1725
I don't like either party and feel it's time for Texas to be a Republic again. It's time for Texas to secede! Neither party seems to care about protecting our borders, but actually want to support it by funding the people here illegely. It's like Sam Houston said " Texas will again lift it's head and stand among the nations. It ought to do so, for no country upon the globe can compare with it in natural advantages."
Blah.....
I'm voting for Kinky!
I just got my "Let's get kinky with Kinky!" bumpersticker today! Yea!:clap:

SintonFan
09-12-2006, 04:13 PM
Um, I don't think anyone knows what you're getting at. I hope you didn't mistake me for a Bush supporter because that's incredibly far from the truth.

Regardless, no more politics for me.

...until the next thread, at least. :)
Oh i c....
you have fun with that other thread and now when I'm here you turn into a cold fish... I'm hurt.:p

Blastoderm55
09-12-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Oh i c....
you have fun with that other thread and now when I'm here you turn into a cold fish... I'm hurt.:p

Sorry. My day went sour. Tool postponed tonight's show in S.A. Now I'm stuck watching Dancing With the Stars tonight. :bigcry: :bigcry:

SintonFan
09-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Sorry. My day went sour. Tool postponed tonight's show in S.A. Now I'm stuck watching Dancing With the Stars tonight. :bigcry: :bigcry:
If you were in town, you coulda stopped by and we could have had a few.:cool:

shankbear
09-12-2006, 06:08 PM
Olberman has indeed gone off the deep end, but his ratings and numbers of viewers are so low that it renders him a big ZERO.

Pudlugger
09-12-2006, 06:18 PM
Olberman is a tool. He will be one of the first to lose his head when the Islamofacists rule this country. A fool on a fools errand.

turbostud
09-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Yes Olberman is a tool. He's on the Dan Patrick Show a few times a week and everytime he is on he makes liberal political references. He has ruined the Dan Patrick Show on Espn Radio. It hasnt been the same since Rob Dibble left. I dont what Espn was thinking when they let him leave. He at least balanced out the show with a sports background. Now its Olbermans liberal background on a sports talk show.

shankbear
09-12-2006, 08:35 PM
Happy trails to you
Until we meet again...........

Fade off into your little nowhere land Keith. Bring your stupidity to Texas and you are liable to have a boot put up you rotten rectum.

JasperDog94
09-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Blah.....
I'm voting for Kinky!
I just got my "Let's get kinky with Kinky!" bumpersticker today! Yea!:clap: Kinky has got my vote.

(Did that sound as weird when you read it as it did when I typed it?)

turbostud
09-12-2006, 09:47 PM
F is for fighting,
R is for red.
Ancestor's blood, in battle's they shed.
E we elect them,
E we eject them,
In the land of the free, and the home of the brave.
D is for dying,
O your overture.
M they will cover your grave with manure.
This spells out freedom it means nothing to me.
As long as there's a PMRC.

The PMRC. Tipper Gore's little "Washington Wives" project. To bad Dave Mustaine didnt take her out in the 80's.

BTEXDAD
09-13-2006, 08:32 AM

You made my argument for me, blast. "Opinion" polls are just that. They can be completely different depending on who takes them and where taken. Poll done by Washington Post different than one taken by Houston Chronicle. NY Times different than Dallas Morning News. Wall Street Journal poll different than Mobile (AL) Register. etc....etc....
You can't have a president who changes his mind every time a new poll comes out.
But as I said, I don't like a president who doesn't even consider polls either.
Have a good one, Blast.