PDA

View Full Version : Actor Glenn Ford Passes Away at 90 :(

Phil C
09-11-2006, 07:00 PM
See below. Somehow I missed this sad news and I apologize if it has been posted. He was a great actor and made many great movies. He was famous for westerns but made drama and comedies and all kinds of movies. Some of his big hits include 3:10 to Yuma, The Blackboard Jungle, Cowboy and many others.
He was a great actor and strange to say he never got an oscar or even got nominated which is to the discredit of the Academy. He will be missed. Thank you Mr. Ford for the many outstanding hours of entertainment you gave us. RIP. :(

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/08/31/entertainment/main1953999.shtml

espn1
09-11-2006, 08:12 PM
I love the Movie The Rounders. "Glen I'll miss ya!":crying: :crying: :crying:

Chief Woodman
09-12-2006, 05:31 PM
Although I applaud his movie, that is not why I'll miss him most. Like Audie Murphy and Eddie Albert, Mr Ford did indeed serve our county in world war II with great courage and honor. Welcome home thou good and faithful servant........

STANG RED
09-12-2006, 06:49 PM
Wow, he was always one of my favs, but I seriously thought he died many years ago.

Phil C
09-13-2006, 09:57 AM
Glenn Ford was a great American and served his country as Chief has pointed out but what makes it even special is that he was not born in the USA but Canada. His parents moved to California when he was 8 to move to a warmer climate because of his mother's health.