PDA

View Full Version : Abilene area folks

VWG
09-11-2006, 06:27 PM
How is the QB at AHS, Lackey, related to John Lackey of the Anaheim Angels?
Also, heard Coach Warren talk today at the weekly luncheon. Some changes being done over at the "War Eagle" field with an 0-2 start. Special teams have killed the Eagles in their two losses... but you gotta admit they lost such a talented senior class last year headed up by T. Potts and Leong.

wildstangs
09-11-2006, 09:09 PM
I will check again, but I think Spence and John arent related. I know John's dad is a baseball coach in the metroplex now (maybe Mesquite?)

Abilene has been moving the ball o.k, they just have had trouble finishing it off. The special teams did really hurt in the Westlake game. Not sure how much of an impact it had against Monterrey.

awizzy
09-11-2006, 09:12 PM
i think the coaching is starting to come out...last few year they have just been loaded...with lewis, potts, leon, johnson...just loaded...ofcourse when u fix the school bonderys the way u want it i guess u get what u ask for

VWG
09-11-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by awizzy
i think the coaching is starting to come out...last few year they have just been loaded...with lewis, potts, leon, johnson...just loaded...ofcourse when u fix the school bonderys the way u want it i guess u get what u ask for

Speaking of the school boundaries around Abilene... they were going to change them again. I haven't heard any new news on this subject. Anybody got any info.? I know that they formed a special committee on this but all of their info. was thrown to the side after the school board decided to go on its own.

awizzy
09-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Speaking of the school boundaries around Abilene... they were going to change them again. I haven't heard any new news on this subject. Anybody got any info.? I know that they formed a special committee on this but all of their info. was thrown to the side after the school board decided to go on its own.

yea i herd that also...dont know if they are going to acually do somthing about it...but i lived in abilene for 17 years and i was personllay screwed when they last changed it...live in ahigh district got changed from lincoln to jefferson, where we won all of 0 games in two years, then to cooper. and i know lackey and personaly he was kind of cocky so yea i dont feel bad for him

Johnny Moxen
09-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Rumor on the street is that not many of his fellow players think too highly Lackey. Saw him play in the 7-on-7 this summer and I thought that little Stevie Warren was a much better QB. I've looked ove their schedule and the best that I give them hope for is 1-5 going into district. By then Lackey will be on the bench (and his daddy raising heck and crying a river) while little Stevie takes over as starting QB once district starts. I agree that I think the coaching has a lot to do with it. I think that staff has been able to ride the coat tails of the last two classes out of AHS. Now we'll what they can really do.