PDA

View Full Version : Region III Game of the Week (2): Splendora @ Orangefield

LH Panther Mom
09-11-2006, 06:20 PM
The Splendora Wildcats (dist 22) will be taking on the Orangefield Bobcats (dist 21).

The Wildcats, currently 0-2, returned 7/6 starters from their 3-7 2005 team. They have played Hamshire-Fannett and Woodville in fairly close games, only losing by a combined total of 16 pts. Can the Wildcats turn it around and defeat the Bobcats?

The Bobcats are sitting at 1-1, defeating Buna and losing to East Chambers. They return 7/6 starters and finished 2005 by winning the last 2 of 3 games. A win would give the Bobcats some confidence going into their tough district schedule.

Thoughts? Predictions?

Technoredneck
09-11-2006, 06:51 PM
Having lived in Splendora for several years, before returning to my alma mater, I have a little insight into the Splendora program that for many years has struggled. There is little drive in that community to have a successful football program and the appearance of people in the stands is more a meet & greet than to support their team. Most of those people don't know who has the ball. They have changed coaches (again) and even if this one is really good it would take at least 3 years to have any kind of program that should be expected to win very many games.

I have to give the nod here to Orangefield by at least 14 points.

Orangefield 21-7

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-11-2006, 09:09 PM
I voted just to post here, why pick a 0-2 team and an 1-1 team when there are 2-0 teams playing this week? Your the boss, I guess were just speading the love. :D

LH Panther Mom
09-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
I guess were just speading the love. :D
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Centextrash
09-11-2006, 09:57 PM
You did pick a bad game LHPM...

I would say splendora, but they lost to a bad team last week...
Orangfield needs to win early, cause they will not win a game in District...

Cat22
09-12-2006, 09:30 AM
Kinda surprised to see this the game of the week, but we'll take the recognition where we can get it. OF had a dissapointing game last week against EC. We fumbled the opening kickoff and EC scored, then we fumbled that kickoff too. It was 14-0 before our offense even touched the ball. Just one of those nights. I do look for us to bounce back this week. It's our home opener so we'll have a good crowd to support the guys. Should be a good game that hopefully will give us some confidence back before we start district.

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Cat22
Kinda surprised to see this the game of the week, but we'll take the recognition where we can get it.
I figure the not-so-well "known" games need just as much recognition as the "big" games. Good luck to ya'll! :)

Cat22
09-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Thanks!

gobbler grad
09-12-2006, 07:26 PM
I'm picking ORANGEFIELD ...don't know anything about either one, but i'll go with CAT22...:clap:

Paratrooper
09-12-2006, 07:31 PM
Orangefield 28 Splendora 13

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I figure the not-so-well "known" games need just as much recognition as the "big" games. :)

Good thing fox sports Big game of the week does not go with the not so well known games!:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Good thing fox sports Big game of the week does not go with the not so well known games!:thinking:
Well, if we had the same coverage and I was making the amount of money doing this that Rick Renner makes, I would have bad hair, too.....and might be a little less "loving" in the choices.

Your team has already had one more GotW than my own. :p

Go BOBCATS!

Bobkat
09-12-2006, 10:40 PM

3ABirdMan
09-12-2006, 10:44 PM
Gotta go with my neighbors on this one - !Orangefield gets it together and wins their home opener!

Good Luck, 'Cats

Bobkat
09-12-2006, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Centextrash
You did pick a bad game LHPM...

I would say splendora, but they lost to a bad team last week...
Orangfield needs to win early, cause they will not win a game in District...

Hey TRASH, you know what you can kiss buddy!!!

pancho villa
09-13-2006, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Bobkat
Hey TRASH, you know what you can kiss buddy!!!

These two teams are not very good. Sorry

BlueBlood
09-13-2006, 12:14 PM
I'll say Splendora by 1.

pirate4state
09-13-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by BlueBlood
This could be called the Toilet Bowl game of the week. You would have to be a parent to go to this game. I'll say Splendora by 1. :( I'll go with Orangefield at home by 2 :cool:

LH Panther Mom
09-13-2006, 01:13 PM
I like Orangefield in this, by 10 or so. Go Bobcats! :cheerl:

Cat22
09-13-2006, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by BlueBlood
This could be called the Toilet Bowl game of the week. You would have to be a parent to go to this game. I'll say Splendora by 1.

classy!!! Well I'm not a parent, but I'll be at the Toilet Bowl game of the week!!

duckbutter
09-13-2006, 02:33 PM
I have a lot of respect for OF, they may not be the best but they play hard and don't quit. I would have picked Newton-Jasper as the game of the week.:D

Old Tiger
09-13-2006, 03:05 PM
Splendora

Bobkat
09-13-2006, 06:27 PM
Bunch of Classy people on this board...who get their kicks off of cutting down 16 & 17 year old kids. What makes your game any better? These kids work just as hard as anybody else across the state. We didn't ask to be the game of the week, but we appreciate the spotlight. If you don't agree, don't post. Go to the next thread. Kids from both of these teams read this board and they shouldn't have to see this crap. I'll be at the toilet bowl too enjoying every second.

Pudlugger
09-13-2006, 09:57 PM
La Grange played Orangefield in round two 2003 and they gave the Leps all they could handle. The Leps won it 17-14 on a fg with 1 second on the clock. The kicker was a freshman making his debut on varsity after the regular kicker didn't pass. [BTW that kicker is now the safety, returner, and rb at LG. He had a 90 yard return called back Friday against Yoakum for an illegal block. Hunter Callis, a real athlete.] Point is, Orangefield deserves some respect.

Paratrooper
09-15-2006, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by duckbutter
I have a lot of respect for OF, they may not be the best but they play hard and don't quit. I would have picked Newton-Jasper as the game of the week.:D

OF has always been like that. In the early 80's they had some great teams. All OF teams I have ever seen will scrap with anyone on the football field.

Bobkat
09-15-2006, 03:50 PM
Four Orangefield starters have been suspended from tonights game against Splendora. Not sure what happen, but doesn't sound good.

Paratrooper
09-15-2006, 08:09 PM
Four Orangefield starters have been suspended from tonights game against Splendora. Not sure what happen, but doesn't sound good.

Any updates on why? They must have really done something bad for this to happen.

Bobkat
09-15-2006, 11:44 PM
Those kids did not play tonight for Orangefield, but the kids that did play played their heart out tonight. Great game, back and forth all night with Orangefield winning 34-26. The toilet bowl turned out to be one hell of a game and I was proud to be there. Both teams left everything on the field tonight in a game that saw several big plays and a lot of offense. Thanks for making this game the game of the week in region III. It was nice to be in the limelight some and the people of Orangefield really appreciated it.

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2006, 11:46 PM
Those kids did not play tonight for Orangefield, but the kids that did play played their heart out tonight. Great game, back and forth all night with Orangefield winning 34-26. The toilet bowl turned out to be one hell of a game and I was proud to be there. Both teams left everything on the field tonight in a game that saw several big plays and a lot of offense. Thanks for making this game the game of the week in region III. It was nice to be in the limelight some and the people of Orangefield really appreciated it.
Great job, guys! :clap: :clap:

Cat22
09-16-2006, 12:00 AM
After I found out about the four starters being suspended, I thought this may be a long night, but I was wrong. The Bobcats played with alot of heart and I can say I've never been more proud of a team that the one I saw tonight.

TOILET BOWL CHAMPS BABY!!!!!