PDA

View Full Version : Your Team Better or Worse?

Bullaholic
09-11-2006, 04:03 PM
Your team "better" or "worse" than you expected them to be so far this season?

I think the Bulls are about where I thought they would be after losing to Breckenridge and Mineral Wells (both 2-0 right now). They are still moving people around trying to find the right "mix" after losing their starting RB and QB to injuries. Against Mineral Wells, both units started to "come together" and I think the Bulls will be ready to make their usual late-season playoff run.

Bulldog_12
09-11-2006, 04:08 PM
A&M, better

Jasper, worse

Old Tiger
09-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Worse probably but It's early

Ranger Mom
09-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Greenwood is better than I expected them to be!

Boosty_Hondo
09-11-2006, 04:13 PM
hondo is what i explected them to be

Bullaholic
09-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Greenwood is better than a lot of folks thought they would be, RM. They keep winning and they should "crack" the rankings pretty soon----especially if they knock off a "ranked" team. I think you may be travelling to a few playoff games watching Greenwood.

eagles_victory
09-11-2006, 04:20 PM
Were way worse got blown out both of our first two games. We were suppose to be pretty decent under new coach David Haynes obviously not the case

Blastoderm55
09-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Beeville. Team is looking better than I had thought.

Technoredneck
09-11-2006, 04:30 PM
I think the Tigers are about where I expected them to be. Having lost the offensive leader QB Reigh it will take a little time for a new leader to develop. I think the O-line is finding each other and should mesh soon. Defensively they lost several key players but it too should be about to gel this week.

footballgal
09-11-2006, 04:35 PM
With all of potential coming in this year, I was expecting better than last year results, at this same time of the year.

Maroon87
09-11-2006, 04:36 PM
We're right around where I thought we'd be at this point. The offense has been a little sluggish at times, though. The defense needs to gel with all the new personnel.

Adidas4I0s
09-11-2006, 04:45 PM
Wylie is doing about as would be expected...I still am amused at the respect they are getting in polls though. I think they are about a 5-5 team...may win a playoff game but won't get past Canyon this year.

For Graham...glad to see them have 2 pretty good defensive games. I think the offense will continue to get on track as the season goes along. The young QB reminds me of another Case...of the Keenum variety at Wylie. That team started the year out pretty slow (2-3 before district and then losing the district opener to Clyde) before the team began to have confidence in their young QB and they finished up in the semifinals. Then again...Wylie was behind their Coach and QB and Graham could care less about their Coach and QB.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-11-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
With all of potential coming in this year, I was expecting better than last year results, at this same time of the year.

I agree. The Tarpons have very much disappointed me thus far.

Buckeye80
09-11-2006, 04:49 PM
Aggies and Buckeyes both look solid.

The Aggies have looked good in two games against inferior opponents.

If anything, the Buckeyes aren't hitting on all cylinders yet but are still impressive.

The jury is still out on the Cowboys.

MagicMan
09-11-2006, 04:49 PM
i didnt think cuero's defense would give up any points this year. but i guess that one could be blamed on the kickoff team. or maybe the offense for scoring a touchdown which led to the kickoff.

Adidas4I0s
09-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
i didnt think cuero's defense would give up any points this year. but i guess that one could be blamed on the kickoff team. or maybe the offense for scoring a touchdown which led to the kickoff.

HAHA...yes...Cuero is the best 3A team this century from August through November! ;)

MagicMan
09-11-2006, 05:07 PM
and the first week in december. dont forget that. they only lose on dec 10. that day is a sunday this year. no curse to worry about

MagicMan
09-11-2006, 05:07 PM
and the first week in december. dont forget that. they only lose on dec 10. that day is a sunday this year. no curse to worry about

pirate4state
09-11-2006, 05:15 PM
Sinton is where I expected them to be.

Swarm 51
09-11-2006, 10:51 PM
Since we had so many returning lettermen, Gatesville is about where I expected them to be. But, must admit that I didn't expect them to upset Cameron this past friday night. I felt the Hornets would play the Yoe a close game, but because of Cameron's speed, I never dreamed we would get the win.

CalallenWildcat
09-11-2006, 10:53 PM
Calallen...about how I expected. But the level of competition has been better than I expected.

PHS Wildcats
09-11-2006, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Were way worse got blown out both of our first two games. We were suppose to be pretty decent under new coach David Haynes obviously not the case

Coach Haynes is a good coach, they just need time in the system. I say in a yr or two the well be tough to deal with.

I think Palestine is better than I expected, yea, we had 15 starters that returned, but I was very skeptical of the QB, but he's impressive so far.

RMAC
09-11-2006, 11:18 PM
Save losing to Clyde, Graham's about where I expected them to be. They've still got a relatively young team, especially that O-line. Only 1 sr., maybe 2 at the most if I'm not mistaken. They'll come around, it just usually happens sooner in the season, but it's only week 2, give them some time to get used to the new QB.

MHSvarsity2007
09-11-2006, 11:22 PM
worse...but i have faith! it's still early in the season :thumbsup:

formermbcouns
09-11-2006, 11:35 PM
Overall, Marlin is not as good as I thought they might be. The defense seems to be there but the offense needs to get going.

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2006, 05:46 AM
Tough question to answer, Bull. I think our team is actually what I expected. I've read a lot of "talk" about how the offense was going to be down with the loss of Escamilla, Kociuba and most of the OL. Okay, so we haven't had any 500+ yd games....yet. But 450 is nothing to be sad about. I've also read a lot of "talk" about the defense being stronger and I tend to agree with that. The thing I've seen from this group of kids is they seem to be out to prove something to the rest of the "world".....that they are just as good as we have been and have the potential to be better.

Pudlugger
09-12-2006, 08:42 AM
I'll tell you after the Sealy-La Grange game. So far the Leps are meeting expectations, but that second half against Yoakum is worrisome.

cats2151
09-12-2006, 09:22 AM
Celina worse but very young so we will see.There last game was one of the worst games ive seen them play in years.

Bullaholic
09-12-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by cats2151
Celina worse but very young so we will see.There last game was one of the worst games ive seen them play in years.

Only in Celina and SLC do they talk about "bad" wins. :D Nice that you have that perspective, though---it would be easy to get "carried away" by the successes that Celina has had.

99IHSMustang
09-12-2006, 09:32 AM
Ingleside has defninitely started out better this season than they did last season. I think expectations dropped a little when it was reported that Ingleside's main QB, Chrissman, moved away. The Mustangs found a suitable replacement in Josh Coffield. Look for Ingleside to give Sinton and the rest of district 30-3A a really good challenge.

cats2151
09-12-2006, 09:35 AM
Thats true they had five turnovers and still won by two touchdowns.

Manck
09-12-2006, 09:50 AM
Gilmer = 2-0, acceptable, now it's time to get a W in Daingerfield for the first time since the mid-1990s

Newberry College = 2-0 against glorified high school teams, we'll see when conference rolls around.

Austin College = 0-2, haven't scored a point yet, get SW Assemblies on Sat., so hopefully at least a FG

So...about what I expected

vet93
09-12-2006, 09:58 AM
Greenwood might very well win their district...I think that it will be a great game between them and Snyder for the district championship...

Originally posted by Ranger Mom

3afan
09-12-2006, 10:05 AM
Forney - about what I expected so far ..... doesn't look good against McKinney North this week (they are HUGE, and good) but ya never know

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Tough question to answer, Bull. I think our team is actually what I expected. I've read a lot of "talk" about how the offense was going to be down with the loss of Escamilla, Kociuba and most of the OL. Okay, so we haven't had any 500+ yd games....yet. But 450 is nothing to be sad about. I've also read a lot of "talk" about the defense being stronger and I tend to agree with that. The thing I've seen from this group of kids is they seem to be out to prove something to the rest of the "world".....that they are just as good as we have been and have the potential to be better.
I was thinking about this thread this morning with the intent of responding. I forgot I already had. LOL!

Last week, was a "what I think and have seen" response. I actually was thinking (dangerous, I know) this morning. Last year, after the first three games (Salado, Burnet & Hutto) avg score was 46 pts, avg pts allowed was 47. This year, after 3 games (Waco Connally, Burnet & Gatesville) avg score was 49, avg pts allowed was 15.3. I have a hard time believing that the PFA will remain that low, but it's nice to know that what I thought was right. :)

Fal44
09-19-2006, 08:43 PM
2-1

I think we are doing just how I expected, Defense is allowing only 14 points a game and the "O" is starting to get it together.

We are heading into the hardest part of are scheduel...