PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Pepperoni quesadilla or Mexican Calzone...

TheDOCTORdre
09-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Ok so like I usually do on days that I am bored I started playing with some food ideas in the kitchen. So today I took a home made tortilla, yes i can make tortillas, and took out a bunch of different cheeses and began to make me a quesadilla. As I began to put the cheese on the tortilla, my longing for a calzone hit me, so my mind began to work. I took out some pepperoni and began to mix it in with the cheese and put it on the tortilla. I then put it in the oven and let it bake for a little bit. When I took it out I was like hell ya this is gonna be good, but then I was like I need some marina sauce to dip this in, but then I was like but I also need something to compliment the mexican-ness of the quesadilla. So I made some pico de galo and mixed it with my marinara sauce and now I am enjoying my meal. The question is what should I call my creation, the Pepperoni quesadilla or the Mexican Calzone, or do you have a better name?

bulldogman06
09-11-2006, 03:13 PM
How about a Calzone de Quesedilla! and then after you say that, you say what you want to put in it, like the toppings of a pizza. so for you its a calzone de Quesedilla with pepperoni, cheese and pico de marinara

Ranger Mom
09-11-2006, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
How about a Calzone de Quesedilla! and then after you say that, you say what you want to put in it, like the toppings of a pizza. so for you its a calzone de Quesedilla with pepperoni, cheese and pico de marinara

I think it needs to have "dre" incorporated somewhere in the name!!

Maybe Calzone dre Quesedilla???:)

Bullaholic
09-11-2006, 03:20 PM
I admire your adventurous spirit, dre......but why not just use a food processor and save your stomach all that trouble? :D

Maybe you could call it---"Texitaly burpizza" :D

Blastoderm55
09-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Peppy Le Dresadilla

carter08
09-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Pepperoni Quesadilla

TheDOCTORdre
09-11-2006, 03:37 PM
well that was good while it lasted I'll have to do that again sometime

TheDOCTORdre
11-02-2006, 04:55 PM