PDA

View Full Version : Your teams Mid-Season report card

Matthew328
10-06-2002, 09:00 PM
What grade do you give your team at the halfway point and why??

In give Everman a B- and the only reason for that is because the offense has been so good...they get an A+ but the defense and special teams are the reason the grade is low...the defense does have 2 shut outs but they are pretty much to blame for the loss to Kennedale...special teams also has been very shotty...missed FG's, blocked punts, fumbles and penalties galore has made me cringe everytime a special teams unit for Everman has gone out....all that being wrong Everman is still 4-1...if they can put it together then they'll be OK..

Bulldog92
10-07-2002, 12:36 AM
It's hard to give Jasper a grade since I haven't been to any games this year (for obvious reasons), but all indications tell me that they aren't really playing up to their potential, especially on offense. Defensively, they appear to be better, but haven't really been tested yet and won't be until the Newton game on the 18th. Expectations are very high since they have a better team on paper than last year and are playing a dramatically lighter schedule. They have beaten the teams they were expected to and lost to a solid team in Strake Jesuit. Newton is the better team until proven otherwise. Can Jasper make that statement? I'm not sure yet..
Grade: B-

surfspike
10-07-2002, 01:56 AM
Forney:

they came about to a very slow start this season with the offense being almost non-existent. within the non district season, they have managed to open it up in the air as well as great blocking on the ground. the one loss to aledo, shouldnt have been a loss.....but players make mistakes and stuff happens. For 4-1 after losing to a talented 4a team and losing blanton, bryson, and two great coaches one being the head.....

Grade: A- for having such a great unexpected surprise assuming this is to be a rather off year. I think that forney has the fight to go all the way this year. The only thing they need is to stiffen the option pass, possibly the field goals, and make less penalties. Other than that, I'm impressed thus far. Good job rabbits and good luck the rest of the season.

sinfan75
10-07-2002, 04:43 AM
Sinton a B+.Defense and special teams doin a great job.Offense has struggled.Nows the time to start playin solid football.If not it'll be a short play-off run.

russ31
10-07-2002, 10:14 AM
C+ for North Lamar. Their offense was atrocious in pre-district, but they've turned it around in district. We should have beat Winnsboro. We were lucky to keep from getting blown out by Paris. Longview Pine Tree loss doesn't disturb me too much. District record is 2-0 with big win over Bonham. Coming out flat against Farmersville has me concerned. If we do that to a good team we'll get beat.
Breakdown by position:
QBs D+ We've only thrown the ball about 10
times all year.
RBs B+ Both Winston and Caraway are having
really good years.
WRs C- Haven't been thrown to. See QB note. Have
done excellent job blocking downfield.
TEs A Cherry is playing extremely well. Leads
team in all receiving categories and an
excellent blocker.
OL B- The perceived weakness of the team going
into the season, they haven't been that
at all. Good running game.
CBs C Have shown good coverage ability, but
haven't been consistent enough in either
run support or coverage.
S B+ Have made plays in both coverage and run
support.
LBs A- Having good year. Hoskins and Moreland play
well every week.
DE A+ Strength of the defense and arguably the
team. Cherry and Little have been superb
in pressuring the QB, run support, and
creating turnovers.
DT B Serviceable, no glaring weaknesses.
Kickoffs B- Good kicking, inconsistent coverage.
Kick returns C- Nothing special.
Punt B+ Good punts, adequate coverage.
Punt return B Has been good, potential to break.
PAT & FG C Potential, but inconsistent. Missing
PATs is unacceptable.

<small>[ October 08, 2002, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: russ31 ]</small>

Old Green
10-07-2002, 11:46 AM
C+ for Cuero.Their defense has kept them in four of the Games during the first half of play but seemed to tire out the third and fourth Quarters.

Offense appears to have found a combination of the right lineman and running back, who is squareing up and delivering some punishment on run plays. Bright spot is a decent passing game that has been nonexistant last two years.

dragon67
10-07-2002, 04:16 PM
B- for the Gilmer Buckeyes. They could easily be undefeated if the defense was beefed up a little. This mind set of out scoring everyone is not working nor will it work.Also good athletes play both ways."Defense wins championships".It will be interesting and I"ll be their cheering them on.GoBucks!!!

Big Tarp 74
10-07-2002, 05:32 PM
I would give Port Isabel a B+, their offense has been on fire, avg, 30 points or better per game!, their defense is good against the run, but need a little more time to learn the complete zone defense. Port Isabel is a very very fast ball club. Over the last 3 weeks, the entire Rio Grande Valley is starting to notice just how fast they are! It seem after the Los Fresnso game, their rushing attack has been unbeleivable. This team is avg, over 400 yards rushing per game, since the Fal game. It is good to see Port Isabel slowly climming back in the state 3A race. As good as Los Fresnos is, Port Isabel had more yards total offense, then did Los Fresnos.

<small>[ October 07, 2002, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: Big Tarp 74 ]</small>

eye of the tiger
10-07-2002, 06:45 PM
Commerce offense is averaging 43 points a game. Nothing wrong with that at all. Defense giving up almost 16 points a game. We have lost two close games to two good teams giving us a 3-2 record. I would think a c or c+ would be fair for us thus far this year. I do expect the Tigers to continue to improve.

bleedgreen
10-07-2002, 07:49 PM
I give Kennedale Wildcats an A-. They are pretty much accomplishing what they have set out to do and that is to outscore the opponent with a balanced running attack and keep whatever defense that's thrown at them off balance. Like I've said earlier, if the Wildcat defense can get the opponent to punt at least 3 times, we're in any ball game. Any turnovers are gravy.

Protect the ball and score points. All of last year's playoffs were high scoring and that's what the Wildcats have to keep on doing.

TwoBRockin
10-07-2002, 08:15 PM
B+ For Bridgeport.. Was a solid (A) until the second half of the game against Boyd... Since that game and the one against Gainsville they seemed to be dragging..... This is just my opinion.. I hope the bye week gave them a rest and revived them for the next 5 DISTRICT games. I would like nothing better than to continue the ways that the class of 2002 shared with them, and helped get them to this point!!!!

The One
10-07-2002, 10:13 PM
Lets see, overall Bridgeport team I am going to give a (B-). I agree with TwoB that the Bulls were in the (A)range before the last two weeks. If I rated the offense for the last two weeks I would rate them a (C-). Defensively the Bulls are much improved from last year which is encouraging getting ready to start district play. I rate the defense a B+. Offensively I think the lack of playing time early in the season (averaging barely a half a game) hasn't helped the Bulls the last two weeks. The next two weeks are going to be a big character test for this ball club. The way they bounce back from a tough loss to Gainesville against Lake Worth this week and Decatur next week will set the tone for the rest of the season. This team is capable of playing (A) ball, one thing is for sure with a big bullseye on their back they will need to! Guess we will see on Friday.

LeopardPride
10-08-2002, 10:32 AM
Liberty Eylau C-
1-3
Poor showing in 3 of our games. Thought we would be a strong 2-2 team by this point. Had a lot of injuries. We look like we might be healthy starting district play. maybe we can make a turn around with a win at Daingerfield. GO LEOPARDS eek!

BigRedfan
10-08-2002, 11:24 AM
Winnsboro
C-

Started the season off with high expectations. Two of our main players got hurt. One player is out because he failed some classes when the report cards came out the last time last spring.

North Lamar game- offense very sluggish, defense did great.

ARP GAME- Good game on both sides of the ball.
Como Pickton and Pittsburg games- disappointing losses. Should have won both games. Como Pickton game was given to us because they played an ineligble player.

Gladewater game- bright spot of the season.
Can not wait for the district games to start. Season can still be a success. :D :)

russ31
10-08-2002, 03:46 PM
^

HornetPride
10-08-2002, 04:05 PM
Caldwell deserves a B+ for its midseason report. Turnovers and penalites are basically the team's only obvious weakness besides playing subs vs. weak teams in the fourth quarter since that's all people care about is blasting everybody to Kingdom Come. Sensible coaches like in Caldwell save their strong offensive players when leading by more than 12 with less than six minutes left because the defense can take care of the rest (two shutouts as a result). If the team plays with more fight through the entire game, no telling how far it could go this year. Marlin will be its biggest challenge. I predict a 7-4 season.

mwynn05
10-08-2002, 07:34 PM
Fairfield
Grade-A
Fairfield has made a COMPLETE turn around so i give them an A but we can still get better and were not satisfied in any way

mojjo_1
10-08-2002, 08:12 PM
Jasper gets a B- from me. They can play a lot better.

2001GiddingsLB
10-08-2002, 10:04 PM
Giddings deserves a D, this day stands for grade as well as for defense cuz that is about all this team has. Too many people going both ways can't make it through all 4 quarters having roughly 8 guys playing both sides of the ball the entire game.

wildstangs
10-08-2002, 10:19 PM
I will give Sweetwater a B. We had two bad weeks, but both games were winnable. Have wins against Vernon, Andrews and Wylie also. Although Wylie only beat us because they have no powerlifting program, I still consider it a HUGE win. :)

SintonFan
10-08-2002, 10:24 PM
Sinton is now the no. 1 ranked team in the state. How can I not give them an A+? I can give them that, but I won't. They deserve an A for sure. If anyone gives a 5-0 team less than that, then they are being unrealistic. My team is developing and I respect that. They seem to be coming along on their own pace and hope no further prodding will be needed to keep their current tempo. If they do need outside prodding, it might come in the playoffs where you play your last game, but I hope against it.
If I gave my team an A+ then that seems to give an impression that I'm totally happy with them. I am not. They have alot of room to improve. They deserve a A, and need to work to get the +!!! Polls don't win games (sad but true), just teams...

sinfan75
10-08-2002, 10:57 PM
SintonFan:
Sinton is now the no. 1 ranked team in the state. How can I not give them an A+? I can give them that, but I won't. They deserve an A for sure. If anyone gives a 5-0 team less than that, then they are being unrealistic. My team is developing and I respect that. They seem to be coming along on their own pace and hope no further prodding will be needed to keep their current tempo. If they do need outside prodding, it might come in the playoffs where you play your last game, but I hope against it.
If I gave my team an A+ then that seems to give an impression that I'm totally happy with them. I am not. They have alot of room to improve. They deserve a A, and need to work to get the +!!! Polls don't win games (sad but true), just teams...I'm still stickin with my B+!HeHe!!You remember a couple years back when Calallen went to the semis? Non- district they didn't make too much of a showin.just enough to win,save for G-P.Then comes district and the play-offs and they start destroyin everbody.Sinton Kinda reminds me of that team.Find out Friday! Just got in from work and havin a cold one.I can't handle this late night postin.I type better at 4-5 in the mornin for some reason(or is that think better).any how I figured drop my 2 cents worth in for the night!Yell at ya in the mornin!WAAAAKE UUUUUUUPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spaniard
10-08-2002, 11:18 PM
Burnet= B

the main reasoning for this is bc our defense is really hurting right now, and has given up many many yards. but they have had a week to rest and get healthy, so look for that B to start heading upward as we start romping in district play. the main deciding factor this year in district is gonna bandera of course, and that will make the decision from a B to possibly an A. some will say that liberty hill is gonna do well, sure theyve done well in preseason play, against 2a schools. anywhoo, thats my junk for now.

SintonFan
10-09-2002, 04:52 PM
sinfan75:

SintonFan:
If I gave my team an A+ then that seems to give an impression that I'm totally happy with them. I am not. They have alot of room to improve. They deserve a A, and need to work to get the +!!! Polls don't win games (sad but true), just teams...I'm still stickin with my B+!HeHe!!You remember a couple years back when Calallen went to the semis? Non- district they didn't make too much of a showin.just enough to win,save for G-P.Then comes district and the play-offs and they start destroyin everbody.Sinton Kinda reminds me of that team.Find out Friday! Just got in from work and havin a cold one.I can't handle this late night postin.I type better at 4-5 in the mornin for some reason(or is that think better).any how I figured drop my 2 cents worth in for the night!Yell at ya in the mornin!WAAAAKE UUUUUUUPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I went back and reread my post and it seems like I was referring to you sinfan75, but I wasn't. Sorry about the mixup. :D

tors2002
10-09-2002, 11:29 PM
A big fat F- for Lamesa. Been really disappointing but FUMBLING (F-) and Injuries have killed the Tors. Maybe we can get it together and stop averagin around 5 turnovers a game. Also an I Grade for INCONSISTENT.

Can only get better from here out, can't get much worse......I hope, eek!

AggieJohn
10-09-2002, 11:41 PM
Liberty:

B+

I would give them an A as of late but they had mispositioned players early in the season causing them to fumble out the gate with an 0-3 record and serious talk of a winless season..but the coaching staff changed players and positions and put them in too what is goin to be one of the most memorable turnaround season's in panther history..almost as good as the pantther team that committed a four game losing streak and turing around to go 2 deep in the playoffs

Atl_Rabb_Fan
10-10-2002, 09:20 AM
Atlanta B-
The Rabbs started the season with one of the toughest schedules in 3A having to play against five straight 4A schools and ended non district at 3-2. They started out with two straight wins over Paris and Hallsville both decent 4A schools. But then lost a good game to Texas High who has been at the top of the 4A polls all year long. Their second loss was to Mt Pleasant the next week. I don't know what happened that week but they just looked like an ugly team all together. So after the bye week they came back to play Marshall and looked lie a totally different team all together. They brought in a new QB and started looking lie the Rabbs I am used to seeing on the field. So if they keep playing and doing what they did against Marshall they will be OK in this tough district.

<small>[ October 10, 2002, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: Atl_Rabb_Fan ]</small>

tors2002
10-10-2002, 10:27 AM
Ok, It seems that I was the only total honest one about their teams. If your team is below .500 and it has shocked you because they were supposed to be 4-1 or 5-0 then there is no way they can get above a C. I realize that Lamesa has totally messed up and did not make the grade. That is not saying at all that I am giving up on them. I still think that they will make the playoffs and vie for the ditrict championship....you know the one that they are defending this year. :cool:

russ31
10-10-2002, 11:20 AM
tors2002 .. go back and reread my post. We were the only two wink :D