A FROG HAIR

BAAAAAAAHAAWWWWWWWWW
not that is funny:D :D :D

IHStangFan
09-11-2006, 02:21 PM
Tech by 2 TDs

Texas-Fight
09-11-2006, 02:21 PM
TCU keeps the longest winning streak in the nation going!

mustang04
09-11-2006, 02:22 PM
TCU.....anybody who nearly loses to UTEP just doesnt impress me:rolleyes:

raider red 2000
09-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Curly
FROGS
but not by much
so I will take TCU by a

wait for it

A FROG HAIR

BAAAAAAAHAAWWWWWWWWW
not that is funny:D :D :D

only thing that would have been funnier is if you said a CURLY hair.

BTW- TECH by 13

Adidas410s
09-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
TCU.....anybody who nearly loses to UTEP just doesnt impress me:rolleyes:

What about those that nearly lose to Baylor??? :thinking:

mustang04
09-11-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
What about those that nearly lose to Baylor??? :thinking:

but they didnt go in overtime with baylor did they....

raider red 2000
09-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
but they didnt go in overtime with baylor did they....

i think that baylor went to OT twice last year.

against so called good teams.

mustang68
09-11-2006, 03:44 PM
Any Sweetwater folks. Does anyone know about Bootsie? Is he still playing?

Bulldog_12
09-11-2006, 03:45 PM
This could prove to be a pretty good game, especially if Tech lets them hang around a la UTEP. Where is the game being played? Lubbock or Fort Worth?

SpreadtheRed
09-11-2006, 04:02 PM
its bein played in fort worth which wont mean much considering the stadium will be half filled with almost 20,000-25,000 Tech fans, the alumni association in Dallas really got a lot of fans interested in this game there. Some Tech people bought season tickets from TCU just for this game (sounds stupid...we'll see).

Tech wins by 2 or 3 TD. once again the Raiders shut the Frogs up about "BCS". 70-35?

Bulldog_12
09-11-2006, 04:06 PM
hmmm, If its in Fort Worth, Im taking TCU. If Tech plays anything like they did against UTEP, it could get bad.

sahen
09-11-2006, 04:23 PM
i think Tech wins it by a couple TDs....TCU wasnt much better than Baylor when they played here, we are improved but we wont beat Tech this year, i don't think TCU can beat Tech either...

However, this is probably TCU's biggest game on their schedule this year so Tech better go in there ready to play, if they think they are going to walk over the frogs ala 2 years ago then TCU will beat them...

Macarthur
09-11-2006, 04:27 PM
The Frogs remember that 70 Tech hung on them. I think the Frogs win this one.

Keith7
09-11-2006, 05:46 PM
i'm goin with Texas Tech: 42 TCU 31

And D-Mac has 3 picks

Technoredneck
09-11-2006, 05:51 PM
I have to think Coach Leach has spent today chewing @ss and that Tech will win by at least 14. Tech 42-28

wedo
09-11-2006, 05:56 PM
I think that TCU pulls this one out!!! Tech is looking past them IMO!! And that big DE from Aransas Pass will have four sacks!!!

TCU 35- Tech 28

Matthew328
09-11-2006, 06:35 PM
TCU will be at full strength for the Tech game...remember they haven't had their top 2 backs or their top WR for the first two games...TCU will take them to the brink and may beat them

SpreadtheRed
09-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Why would Tech look past TCU???? They play SE louisiana next week! Plus, for 2 years now TCU has been jawing how they r going to destroy the Raidaaas, they r goin to be pumped for this game b/c everone in Lubbock is sick of hearing the "purple aggies" talk bout how they r BCS contenders and that the 70-35 game was a fluke. either way though Tech will have choked whether they get blown out which wont happen or if they lose period.

wedo
09-11-2006, 07:04 PM
Tech will lose only b/c i know everyone up there was cheering for Ohio State to beat Texas and know that they did they are all talking mess!!! A&M too!! I bet A&M loses one of their non Confrense games!!!

Sorry Im a sore loser!!!!

AP Panther Fan
09-12-2006, 09:26 AM
From TCU's Website:

No. 20 TCU prepares for visit from No. 22 Texas Tech at sold-out Amon Carter Stadium

Sept. 10, 2006

FORT WORTH, Texas -- No. 20 TCU hosts No. 22 Texas Tech Saturday at 4:30 p.m. in the first regular-season meeting of top-25 teams at Amon Carter Stadium since 1984, when the No. 12 Horned Frogs lost 44-23 to No. 10 Texas.

That game drew an Amon Carter Stadium record crowd of 47,280.

The most recent TCU contest between ranked teams at Amon Carter Stadium was the 2003 Fort Worth Bowl as the No. 19 Frogs fell 34-31 to No. 18 Boise State.

Saturday's game between TCU and Texas Tech is sold out.

TCU is hosting Texas Tech for the first time since 1994, when both teams were members of the Southwest Conference. The Frogs won 24-17. In the two most recent meetings, both in Lubbock, the Red Raiders were victorious in 1995 (the final year of the SWC) and 2004.

TCU trails 28-22-3 versus Texas Tech in a series that began with a 28-16 Frog victory in 1926.

THE STREAK
*TCU owns the nation's longest current winning streak at 12 in a row. It's the Frogs' longest run of consecutive victories since winning 12 straight over the final two games in 2002 and the opening 10 contests in 2003.

HONORARY BIG 12 MEMBERS
*Since the start of the 2005 season, covering just 14 games, TCU is 3-0 versus the Big 12. With those three victories, the Frogs have equaled or surpassed the Big 12 win totals posted by five of the league's current members in that same time period.
*TCU has opened two consecutive seasons with a road victory over a Big 12 team. The Frogs defeated Oklahoma, 17-10, last year and won 17-7 at Baylor this season.
*Texas Tech is the first Big 12 team to play at TCU since Oklahoma in 1998, when the Sooners took a 10-9 decision over the Frogs.

AT HOME
*TCU has a six-game home winning streak.
*Since the start of the 2000 season, TCU is 30-4 (.882) in Amon Carter Stadium. Included in that total are undefeated marks in four (2000, 2002, 2003, 2005) of those years which contributed to at least 10 wins in each season.
*The Frogs are in the midst of a stretch with three home games in 20 days, culminating Sept. 28 versus BYU. After that contest, TCU will have just three home dates over the final 65 days of the regular season.

WORTH NOTING
*At 55-19 (.743), TCU has the 11th-best record in Division I-A since the start of the 2000 campaign.

TYING TYE
*The 46-13 win over UC Davis improved Jeff Ballard's record to 10-0 as TCU's starting quarterback. He has now tied Tye Gunn's school record for most consecutive victories to begin a career as a starting quarterback.
*Ballard's first start in that stretch, a 49-28 win over New Mexico last year, came after he replaced an injured Gunn. When Gunn was hurt the previous week at BYU, Ballard came off-the-bench and rallied the Frogs from an 18-point third-quarter deficit to the 51-50 overtime victory in Provo. It also marked the largest come-from-behind win in Gary Patterson's six-year tenure as TCU's head coach.

HITTING HIS MARK
*After feeling woozy and playing just the first half in the season opener at Baylor, Jeff Ballard completed 18-of-23 passes for 190 yards and two touchdowns against UC Davis in posting the fourth-best single-game completion percentage (78.3) in TCU history. He also ran for a 10-yard score.

STUFFING THE RUN
*Over its last five games, dating back to the 2005 campaign, TCU's run defense is allowing just 34.2 yards per game. During that stretch, opponents are averaging 1.3 per rush attempt (171 yards on 128 carries).

SPLITTING THE UPRIGHTS
*Lou Groza Award candidate Chris Manfredini kicked a career-long 47-yard field goal against UC Davis to make him 15-of-15 in his two years at TCU (2005-06). When including his 10-of-11 mark on field goals for Cincinnati in 2003, Manfredini is now 25-of-26 in his collegiate career.

AP Panther Fan
09-12-2006, 09:44 AM
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/tcu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/571963.jpeg

Tommy Blake - Junior 6'3, 250 lb DE

Preseason All-American by Athlon, The Sporting News and Street & Smith's... appears on the watch list for five major awards (Bronko Nagurski Trophy, Chuck Bednarik Award, Lombardi Trophy, Ted Hendricks Defensive End of the Year Award and Lott Trophy)... originally came to TCU as a tailback... converted to defensive end while redshirting as a freshman in 2003.

2005:
Mountain West Conference Defensive Player of the Year by CollegeFootballNews.com... also named a Sophomore All-American by the website... first-team All-MWC by the league coaches and media... his 7.0 sacks were second in the league behind only teammate Chase Ortiz (9.0)... placed third in the MWC in tackles for a loss with 13.5, narrowly trailing leaders Ortiz and Steve Fifita (Utah) who had 14... led all TCU defensive linemen with 57 tackles, including 40 solo... had at least one tackle for a loss in the final eight games and nine of 12 contests overall... had a sack for an 8-yard loss in the EV1.net Houston Bowl win over Iowa State (Dec. 31) before leaving the game due to injury... recorded two sacks in a 28-14 win at Wyoming (Oct. 8)... posted a season-best eight tackles in victories over New Mexico (Oct. 1) and Air Force (Oct. 22)... had 3.5 tackles for a loss as part of seven stops in the 51-3 win against UNLV (Nov. 12)... had a pass breakup in the victory at BYU (Sept. 24).

2004:
Earned a spot on the Conference USA all-Freshman squad and was named to the second team freshman All-America team according to collegefootballnews.com... was second on the squad with 5.0 sacks and third on the team with 6.5 tackles for loss... his 5.0 sacks were the most for a Frog freshman defensive lineman since Aaron Schobel had 7.0 in 1997... credited with 23 tackles overall, including 15 solo stops... forced a pair of fumbles, both at Texas Tech... also had two sacks in that contest... logged a season high six tackles against Tulane.

2003:
Redshirted as a true freshman... made the conversion from tailback to defensive end.

High School:
All-around athlete who earned Class 3A all-state first team honors at running back according to the Associated Press and was the Caller-Times all-South Texas Offensive MVP as a senior... ran for 2,013 yards and 25 touchdowns on 218 carries... helped his team reach the second round of the playoffs... earned 12 letters as a prep athlete, including three in football, four in basketball, four on the track and one in baseball... prep football coach was Guy Grover... excelled on the basketball court as well, earning all-region honors as a junior while helping the Panthers to the Class 3A Final Four in Austin... also was the all-South Texas MVP and Defensive Player of the Year as a junior... averaged about 20 points a game on the hardwood... picked TCU over Colorado, Vanderbilt and Arkansas.

Personal:
Full name is Tommy Earl Blake, Jr... born January 15, 1985... is an arts and sciences pre-major ... mother's name is Ernestine Chisholm... uncle, Rodney Hamilton, played for the New York Giants.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
GO TOMMY!

3afan
09-12-2006, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by wedo
... Tech is looking past them IMO!! ...

DI teams dont look past opponenets - they just get beat/upset sometimes

pirate4state
09-12-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/tcu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/571963.jpeg

Tommy Blake - Junior 6'3, 250 lb DE

Preseason All-American by Athlon, The Sporting News and Street & Smith's... appears on the watch list for five major awards (Bronko Nagurski Trophy, Chuck Bednarik Award, Lombardi Trophy, Ted Hendricks Defensive End of the Year Award and Lott Trophy)... originally came to TCU as a tailback... converted to defensive end while redshirting as a freshman in 2003.

2005:
Mountain West Conference Defensive Player of the Year by CollegeFootballNews.com... also named a Sophomore All-American by the website... first-team All-MWC by the league coaches and media... his 7.0 sacks were second in the league behind only teammate Chase Ortiz (9.0)... placed third in the MWC in tackles for a loss with 13.5, narrowly trailing leaders Ortiz and Steve Fifita (Utah) who had 14... led all TCU defensive linemen with 57 tackles, including 40 solo... had at least one tackle for a loss in the final eight games and nine of 12 contests overall... had a sack for an 8-yard loss in the EV1.net Houston Bowl win over Iowa State (Dec. 31) before leaving the game due to injury... recorded two sacks in a 28-14 win at Wyoming (Oct. 8)... posted a season-best eight tackles in victories over New Mexico (Oct. 1) and Air Force (Oct. 22)... had 3.5 tackles for a loss as part of seven stops in the 51-3 win against UNLV (Nov. 12)... had a pass breakup in the victory at BYU (Sept. 24).

2004:
Earned a spot on the Conference USA all-Freshman squad and was named to the second team freshman All-America team according to collegefootballnews.com... was second on the squad with 5.0 sacks and third on the team with 6.5 tackles for loss... his 5.0 sacks were the most for a Frog freshman defensive lineman since Aaron Schobel had 7.0 in 1997... credited with 23 tackles overall, including 15 solo stops... forced a pair of fumbles, both at Texas Tech... also had two sacks in that contest... logged a season high six tackles against Tulane.

2003:
Redshirted as a true freshman... made the conversion from tailback to defensive end.

High School:
All-around athlete who earned Class 3A all-state first team honors at running back according to the Associated Press and was the Caller-Times all-South Texas Offensive MVP as a senior... ran for 2,013 yards and 25 touchdowns on 218 carries... helped his team reach the second round of the playoffs... earned 12 letters as a prep athlete, including three in football, four in basketball, four on the track and one in baseball... prep football coach was Guy Grover... excelled on the basketball court as well, earning all-region honors as a junior while helping the Panthers to the Class 3A Final Four in Austin... also was the all-South Texas MVP and Defensive Player of the Year as a junior... averaged about 20 points a game on the hardwood... picked TCU over Colorado, Vanderbilt and Arkansas.

Personal:
Full name is Tommy Earl Blake, Jr... born January 15, 1985... is an arts and sciences pre-major ... mother's name is Ernestine Chisholm... uncle, Rodney Hamilton, played for the New York Giants.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
GO TOMMY!

Hope he has a great season!!!

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2006, 09:58 AM
Tech will lose only b/c i know everyone up there was cheering for Ohio State to beat Texas and know that they did they are all talking mess!!! A&M too!! I bet A&M loses one of their non Confrense games!!!

:rolleyes: How in the HECK do you know who the Tech fans were cheering for? I'm a Tech fan first and foremost....always have been and always will be. BUT, I will always cheer for any TEXAS school before I cheer for one from another state.

Your last sentence probably sums it up pretty well. :p

AP Panther Fan
09-12-2006, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Hope he has a great season!!!

Me too...maybe I can watch this game Saturday. LHPM, will it be televised?

3afan
09-12-2006, 10:02 AM

so tech will loe to TCU 'cause they wanted UT to lose and were "talking mess"?

eh? :confused:

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Me too...maybe I can watch this game Saturday. LHPM, will it be televised?
Yes, 4:30 on OLN. :)

3afan
09-12-2006, 10:03 AM
OLN :mad:

wish we got it - would have liked to watched Colo-Colo St last week not to mention Tech/TCU

pirate4state
09-12-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
so tech will loe to TCU 'cause they wanted UT to lose and were "talking mess"?

eh? :confused:

I wouldn't try and understand his logic. ;) He is a self-admitted "sore loser"

wedo
09-12-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:rolleyes: How in the HECK do you know who the Tech fans were cheering for? I'm a Tech fan first and foremost....always have been and always will be. BUT, I will always cheer for any TEXAS school before I cheer for one from another state.

Your last sentence probably sums it up pretty well. :p

I was just playin!!! It was a joke!! I too will cheer for any Texas school before i cheer for anyone else!! Heck i was even cheering for OU when they played USC in 04!!!!

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2006, 11:32 AM
I was just playin!!! It was a joke!!
I figured it was. Pretty funny....not everyone can admit to being a sore loser. :D

Heck i was even cheering for OU when they played USC in 04!!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek: It takes guts to admit that. ;)

texasjeremy
09-13-2006, 07:59 PM
Tech 42 TCU 10

cats2151
09-13-2006, 08:01 PM
TCU-31 TT-28