PDA

View Full Version : Graham @ Wylie

EricDraven
09-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Annual grudge match predictions?

injuredinmelee
09-11-2006, 12:51 PM
McCoy will have his kids pumped to play in this one but I think Sandifer will be able to disguise coverages and move people around to confuse the feshman qb. Pressure from Wylies front 4 on defense is key to the game. Graham didnt overly impress me against Greenwood and it looked like they were serverly defiecent(sp) in the speed deparment.

EricDraven
09-11-2006, 12:59 PM
Should be interesting.

Technoredneck
09-11-2006, 01:01 PM
I think that Wylie will win this one easily 28-7 or thereabouts. Wylie is usually big & fast and I think that will be too much for Grahan to handle.

injuredinmelee
09-11-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Technoredneck
I think that Wylie will win this one easily 28-7 or thereabouts. Wylie is usually big & fast and I think that will be too much for Grahan to handle.
This is actually size wise, a smaller group at Wylie this year.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-11-2006, 02:01 PM
Graham gets first win this week.

Old Tiger
09-11-2006, 02:03 PM
Wylie

ClydeLineman#55
09-11-2006, 03:11 PM
i gotta go with graham in a close one. they beat them last year so they can do it again. im feel that case mccoy will have a real good game and he will pass all over wylies D.

Graham 24
Wylie 21

RMAC
09-11-2006, 04:38 PM
From what I've heard it might come down to whether or not the Steers have a good night with the O-line. McCoy can be very good when he's got some time to pass.

Johnny Moxen
09-11-2006, 04:41 PM
im feel that case mccoy will have a real good game and he will pass all over wylies D.

Oh, so now your a McCoy fan ClydeLineman#55? Seems like on another thread you were talking about how McCoy sucked.

Wylie revenges the lost from last year. Wylie by 14.

VWG
09-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Wylie wins by at least two touchdowns.
Sandifer will dictate the offensive flow while McCoy will try and pass... and pass.... and pass.... and then pass some more.
McCoy has been throwing like 30 to 40+ times in the first two games. He is almost like Graham's old coach except on the flip side. Where Bourquin would run it to death with the split veer, McCoy tries to pass and never seems to mix it up.

Adidas4I0s
09-11-2006, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Moxen
Oh, so now your a McCoy fan ClydeLineman#55? Seems like on another thread you were talking about how McCoy sucked.

Wylie revenges the lost from last year. Wylie by 14.

nope...wasn't him talking about McCoy. Cameron Crazy was though but that thread is no longer with us. Clyde only has 4 posts.

Adidas4I0s
09-11-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Wylie wins by at least two touchdowns.
Sandifer will dictate the offensive flow while McCoy will try and pass... and pass.... and pass.... and then pass some more.
McCoy has been throwing like 30 to 40+ times in the first two games. He is almost like Graham's old coach except on the flip side. Where Bourquin would run it to death with the split veer, McCoy tries to pass and never seems to mix it up.

They have some balance...about 3:2 pass to run. The first game was 46 passes and 21 rushes...or about 60 pass/40 run. Granted the 21 runs only netted 22 yards! :eek:

STANG RED
09-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Two proud programs looking for a little respect. I'll have to go with Sandifer and the Bulldongs by at least 2 TDs. Graham may eventually get there with the frosh QB, but it aint gonna happen this week.

VWG
09-11-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Two proud programs looking for a little respect. I'll have to go with Sandifer and the Bulldongs by at least 2 TDs. Graham may eventually get there with the frosh QB, but it aint gonna happen this week.

I gotta agree with you Stang Red. What is the old saying about starting sophomore players? For each one you start you can chalk up one loss.... well what about when you start a freshman QB. The kid didn't play good at all against Clyde, from the stats I saw. The competition he will face this year doesn't get any easier. Abilene Wylie, Dallas Bishop Lynch, Monahans, then Vernon, Iowa Park, and Burk in district. This experiment could end up like Troy Aikman in his first year with the Cowboys. Beat up QB and not very many wins.

Technoredneck
09-11-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Adidas4I0s
They have some balance...about 3:2 pass to run. The first game was 46 passes and 21 rushes...or about 60 pass/40 run. Granted the 21 runs only netted 22 yards! :eek:

Actually those numbers bear out to about 90 pass/40 run, but who's counting. Still think Wylie's gonna take it to them.

STANG RED
09-11-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Technoredneck
Actually those numbers bear out to about 90 pass/40 run, but who's counting. Still think Wylie's gonna take it to them. :confused: :confused: :confused: How can you have 130%?

Technoredneck
09-11-2006, 05:58 PM
you are right it is 69/31 pass/run

Adidas4I0s
09-11-2006, 06:17 PM
oops...I calculated with 79 instead of 69 plays...initially I had written down 2:1 pass to run (which was correct) but then divided by 79 instead...thus reducing the numbers to 3:2. That's now 5 things that I have tangled up in my head today...this day better end already. Grrr....:mad:

Heyoverthere
09-11-2006, 06:45 PM
im going with wylie cause i see them practice this week and im getting 21-7 or shut-out

VWG
09-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Looking back at Graham and Wylie. What's the best game these two teams have played?
Remember that playoff game about 3 years ago at Maverick Stadium in Arlington? Didn't that game go 2 OT's with Wylie winning?
There have been some good games between these two schools going all the way back to the 80's when they shared the same district.

wildstangs
09-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Wylie wins this one....Graham has struggled with both Clyde and Greenwood. Wylie has had trouble scoring, so I think it will be a low scoring game. Wylie 17 Graham 3

RMAC
09-11-2006, 09:16 PM
Not to be critical, but unless Graham's kicker has gotten any better, Graham's only points will be a TD.

wildstangs
09-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Not to be critical, but unless Graham's kicker has gotten any better, Graham's only points will be a TD.

I didnt remember seeing their kicker, so I wasnt sure if they would even attempt a FG. In that case, lets go with Wylie 17 Graham 6 (the extra point gets shanked)

RMAC
09-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Haha, he can hit the PAT's, just not much of anything outside of about 30 yards or so.

Cameron Crazy
09-11-2006, 09:45 PM
Not to be critical, but unless Graham's kicker has gotten any better, Graham's only points will be a TD. C'mon man lol i think he was distracted all year.

thewyliefan
09-11-2006, 10:06 PM
graham always has a good program. last year when they beat wylie they went in thinking they couldn't be stopped. once agin if the O-line improves and edwards starts looking a little more down field the bulldogs have this in the bag. if the line isn't close to par, and edwards has to much pressure it could be a long night.

KTA
09-11-2006, 11:16 PM
McCoy tries to pass and never seems to mix it up.

they dont have a RB thats worth a flip! That and they cant tackle, so im guessing Wylie 42 Graham 7

Stownhorse
09-11-2006, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by KTA_KTA_KTA
they dont have a RB thats worth a flip! That and they cant tackle, so im guessing Wylie 42 Graham 7

yea im in with you cuz you have to wrap up if you can even get close to edwards

EricDraven
09-12-2006, 09:47 AM
Consensus goes with 'Dogs.

injuredinmelee
09-12-2006, 10:02 AM
I dont think however that Wylie can afford to play their corners 5-7 yards off the ball as they tend to do. McCoy ate them up last year cutting off his routes in front of a defender and the qb delivering the ball early. Quick slants have tended to hurt the Bulldogs against teams that spread the field in years past so we will see how it works out this year. Clay Martin is a good game planner so I am sure he will have a plan to stop the mighty steers.

gibby
09-12-2006, 10:30 AM
McCoy steers 0-3. Sorry, gotta be a homer on this one.

Adidas4I0s
09-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I dont think however that Wylie can afford to play their corners 5-7 yards off the ball as they tend to do. McCoy ate them up last year cutting off his routes in front of a defender and the qb delivering the ball early. Quick slants have tended to hurt the Bulldogs against teams that spread the field in years past so we will see how it works out this year. Clay Martin is a good game planner so I am sure he will have a plan to stop the mighty steers.

true true...the quick slant has always been the death of the Wylie secondary. If you want to pick up 8-10 yards...run your wideout on a slant and your slot receiver behind him on a slow fade route. Wylie has a tendency have the LB's pushed up against the line (even sometimes as down linement) and this opens up room between the backers and the safeties. For all of the good game planning Martin has done...this has been a consistent leak. I've seen Canyon, Decatur, Graham, and Gainesville do A LOT of damage against Wylie with a quick slant.

injuredinmelee
09-12-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by gibby
McCoy steers 0-3. Sorry, gotta be a homer on this one.

which gibby? B?

EricDraven
09-12-2006, 11:17 AM
Wylie D will be ready at home and disguising coverages to confuse freshman.

Bullaholic
09-12-2006, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by EricDraven
Wylie D will be ready at home and disguising coverages to confuse freshman.

Interesting---I have known very few HS secondaries who have the "skill" to disguise coverages. Wylie must have some pretty good secondary players.

Stownhorse
09-12-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Adidas4I0s
true true...the quick slant has always been the death of the Wylie secondary. If you want to pick up 8-10 yards...run your wideout on a slant and your slot receiver behind him on a slow fade route. Wylie has a tendency have the LB's pushed up against the line (even sometimes as down linement) and this opens up room between the backers and the safeties. For all of the good game planning Martin has done...this has been a consistent leak. I've seen Canyon, Decatur, Graham, and Gainesville do A LOT of damage against Wylie with a quick slant.

Slants can get your block knocked off too....and thats been the low point of s'water secondary...they play to far off...it seems like we play too much zone not enough man....and we were picked apart by munson from b'wood(he is an awesome qb)

EricDraven
09-12-2006, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Interesting---I have known very few HS secondaries who have the "skill" to disguise coverages. Wylie must have some pretty good secondary players.

Quick would be more accurate.

VWG
09-12-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Slants can get your block knocked off too....and thats been the low point of s'water secondary...they play to far off...it seems like we play too much zone not enough man....and we were picked apart by munson from b'wood(he is an awesome qb)

That Munson kid from Brownwood is only a soph. isn't he?
Heard that kid will be the next Kirby Freeman.

injuredinmelee
09-12-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by VWG
That Munson kid from Brownwood is only a soph. isn't he?
Heard that kid will be the next Kirby Freeman.

Needs to get taller in a hurry. He didnt start the game against Wylie but he really sparked the offense when they put him in late in the first half. He is a good one.

Sweetwater Red
09-12-2006, 04:50 PM
Not even close. Still debating if watching a blow out is how I
want to spend this Friday night.

pirate4state
09-14-2006, 09:38 AM
http://www.kit.netpoets.net/bump.gif way back on page 7 :eek:

Good Luck to both teams!! Abilene Wylie by 17

NDFootball
09-14-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Heyoverthere
im going with wylie cause i see them practice this week and im getting 21-7 or shut-out

I didn't see you out there....

BHBrave08
09-14-2006, 02:14 PM
Ummmmm... Wylie in a close one.

The wizard
09-15-2006, 09:55 AM
Wylie will win this one. Graham will probably complete some short passes. I don't think the McCoy kid will have time for the longer routes to materalize and Graham doesn't have much speed with their receivers anyway.

sweetwater07
09-15-2006, 10:15 AM
you had better believe Sandifer is ready for this one...he is a god among coaches........Wylie is goig to make this look like a track meet.....Edwards 200yrds.....you heard it here first

EricDraven
09-15-2006, 10:51 AM
Wylie was pretty dominant at the sub-varsity level. Hope that carries over to tonight. Admire Graham's toughness, but want to beat them for "special" reasons.

Adidas410s
09-15-2006, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by EricDraven
Wylie was pretty dominant at the sub-varsity level. Hope that carries over to tonight. Admire Graham's toughness, but want to beat them for "special" reasons.

Sure wish this game was in Graham. I wouldn't mind a quick trip home to see the family and watch my alma mater beat up on my younger brother's school!!! ;)

Stownhorse
09-15-2006, 11:20 AM
wylie by 10

NateDawg39
09-15-2006, 11:23 AM
Turnovers will decide this game! Graham by 14!!

RMAC
09-15-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Sure wish this game was in Graham. I wouldn't mind a quick trip home to see the family and watch my alma mater beat up on my younger brother's school!!! ;)

I distinctly remember all last year you mouthing that Wylie was gonna tear us up for like a month and I never said anything, just went about my business. Nobody gave us a chance last year. Now I'll say that the sr's this year haven't always been as big on football as grades past, but they can play and so can the younger boys. Do I think Graham will win this game? Unlike last year, sadly no. But I don't think it'll be a track meet. We have pretty much the same defense as last year save 2 DE's and 1 LB. I'm pretty sure the rest all have experience from last year. Go look up Gary's numbers from last year Gump, see how many yards he didn't have. Good luck to both teams and I hope nobody gets hurt.

Adidas410s
09-15-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Turnovers will decide this game! Graham by 14!!
lol...trying to put a curse on our district?

garciap77
09-15-2006, 01:34 PM
Who ever has the most turnovers will loss this one! Hope it is not like the SW game. SW handed them the game. Go Wylie!

NateDawg39
09-15-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
lol...trying to put a curse on our district? BWAHHHH HAHAHA HAHAHA AHHH HAHAHAHA HAHA AHHA AHAHAH :crazy1:

NateDawg39
09-15-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Who ever has the most turnovers will loss this one! Hope it is not like the SW game. SW handed them the game. Go Wylie! ...I hate Bulldogs because there ugly and purple and Gold and did I mention UGLY!!??

Adidas410s
09-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
...I hate Bulldogs because there ugly and purple and Gold and did I mention UGLY!!??

http://web.reporter-news.com/gfn112604/01.jpg

RMAC
09-15-2006, 01:56 PM
Haha, nough said Nate. I will say that was probably the best HS game I've ever witnessed. It was awesome.

Adidas410s
09-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Haha, nough said Nate. I will say that was probably the best HS game I've ever witnessed. It was awesome.

You thought that game was better than the state championship game...or the Wylie/Gainesville game in 05? Do you even remember the Wylie/Everman game in 00?

fat!