09-11-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
4A @ 2A....interesting. OUCH

Gsquared
09-11-2006, 11:36 AM
North Lamar is pretty decent too, might be a good one

txkmom
09-11-2006, 11:58 AM
LE beat NL 14-13 in our week 0 game. LE seems to start off messy every year, and I think we underestimated both their abilities and their size up front. NB is close by, and they are strong, strong, strong. Coach Barker will get the most out of them he can. Should be a good game, 4A/2A not as much of an issue as it could be with some teams.

Buckeye80
09-11-2006, 12:05 PM
I don't think New Boston could hang with Tatum should they play, but New Boston looks to be very good this year.
I think Jefferson/ Tatum is a very intriguing matchup.

Gsquared
09-11-2006, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
I don't think New Boston could hang with Tatum should they play, but New Boston looks to be very good this year.
I think Jefferson/ Tatum is a very intriguing matchup.
Creer is a stud. Was a tad dissapointed in Tatums O-Line, they were effective at times but not as good as they looked last year. Those front 3 for Gilmer were studs though.

Buckeye80
09-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Creer is a stud. Was a tad dissapointed in Tatums O-Line, they were effective at times but not as good as they looked last year. Those front 3 for Gilmer were studs though.

The comments are continually made by our fans about Gilmer's lack of size on the D-line. It's hard to argue with the past success of the defense that's built for speed.
Should the need arise however, the coach's haven't hesitated in the past to put in the "beef" on the D-line to help shore things up. All in all, I think the system has shown to be effective.

Gsquared
09-11-2006, 12:33 PM
The comments are continually made by our fans about Gilmer's lack of size on the D-line. It's hard to argue with the past success of the defense that's built for speed.
Should the need arise however, the coach's haven't hesitated in the past to put in the "beef" on the D-line to help shore things up. All in all, I think the system has shown to be effective.
Hey, I thought Gilmers D line was pretty good size! They werent fat big, just big big, and atheletic as h*ll!!! That 3 3 is gonna bode well

Buckeye80
09-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Hey, I thought Gilmers D line was pretty good size! They werent fat big, just big big, and atheletic as h*ll!!! That 3 3 is gonna bode well

It has in the past. But our biggest D lineman can't go over 2 bills. I guess a 200 lb lineman isn't exactly "tiny", but when you put one next to one of those Las Vegas kids, he looks like a midget.:D

Gsquared
09-11-2006, 01:05 PM
It has in the past. But our biggest D lineman can't go over 2 bills. I guess a 200 lb lineman isn't exactly "tiny", but when you put one next to one of those Las Vegas kids, he looks like a midget.:D
Yeah but they are a thick 200 and can move really well. Gilmers D isnt gonna lose any games for them this year.

Buckeye80
09-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Yeah but they are a thick 200 and can move really well. Gilmers D isnt gonna lose any games for them this year.

I'm very impressed with the defense thus far. Gilmer has always employed a "bend don't break" style of defense which is succeptible to the "big play" style offense, but it has worked. The team speed on defense makes up for alot.

The only exception to this would be the 2004 Buckeye defense which finished near the top of the state in total defense. That unit was just loaded with talent and kids who had a real "nose" for the ball.

You are right though. The defense shouldn't be the reason Gilmer loses this year. A horrible offensive performance might do us in against the stiffer competition, i.e. Cuero, LE, WOS, Palestine.