PDA

View Full Version : Something to remember as a Cowboy fan

Txbroadcaster
09-10-2006, 06:31 PM
Bledsoe looked bad..defense got beat up after great 1st Q..but something to remember

Last year Jacksonville beat SEATTLE 26-14 to begin season

Hassleback threw....THREE ints.. The Seattle defense was shredded by Jacksonville..And Seattle finished season in the SB

So lets not go to the extreme and say the season is over, Bledsoe suxs and all that..Lets see where they stand afer 4 games..then you have a idea about this team.

pirate4state
09-10-2006, 06:33 PM
I'm not giving up on the season, but I have NEVER been a Bledsoe fan and today, once again, confirmed why I can't stand the dude.

Txbroadcaster
09-10-2006, 06:35 PM
not saing i am a huge fan of his either..But you start Romo now, your chances worsen..I dont care what Romo did in the pre-season..it is a different animal once the regular season starts.

pirate4state
09-10-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
not saing i am a huge fan of his either..But you start Romo now, your chances worsen..I dont care what Romo did in the pre-season..it is a different animal once the regular season starts. I'm not saying start Romo. All I'm saying is I can't stand Bledsoe. ;)

MagicMan
09-10-2006, 06:37 PM
not saing i am a huge fan of his either..But you start Romo now, your chances worsen..I dont care what Romo did in the pre-season..it is a different animal once the regular season starts.
so basically you're saying that no matter how well the dallas cowboys play that guy drew bledsoe will lose the game for them? and we're stuck with that the entire season? aw geez. GO BEARS

Gobbla2001
09-10-2006, 06:37 PM
Is Romo Italian???

Txbroadcaster
09-10-2006, 06:38 PM
LOL gotcha..Bledose is an old school thrower..he makes u go wow on throws like the TD to TO,,and he makes you go ohhh crap on other throws...it is a good/bad with him..today was bad

MagicMan
09-10-2006, 06:39 PM
actually troy let us know how crappy that throw was. TO made a great adjustment

Txbroadcaster
09-10-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
so basically you're saying that no matter how well the dallas cowboys play that guy drew bledsoe will lose the game for them? and we're stuck with that the entire season? aw geez. GO BEARS

No I am saying I am not ready to bench him on one bad game..If this is a trend, then yes make a change..but ALL Qbs have these games..as I pointed out Hassleback had the same game last year agianst the Jags, and he turned out pretty darn good last year...One game in the NFL does not make a season.

I guarantee you Bledsoe will win us some games on his arm this year..and he will lose us some more.

piratebg
09-10-2006, 10:50 PM
I still have some faith in Bledsoe, but I'm will admit that it is not as much as it was last week. He is really going to have to turn it around next week because everyone is starting to want Romo to start.

pirate4state
09-10-2006, 11:51 PM
No I am saying I am not ready to bench him on one bad game..If this is a trend, then yes make a change..but ALL Qbs have these games..as I pointed out Hassleback had the same game last year agianst the Jags, and he turned out pretty darn good last year...One game in the NFL does not make a season.

I guarantee you Bledsoe will win us some games on his arm this year..and he will lose us some more. :D too bad we don't know when those bad days are so we could give Romo a shot, at least!! :D :D

WestTXLonghorn
09-11-2006, 01:41 AM
Honestly, ever since Tom Brady took over for the Patriots and won the SB I've never been able to stand Drew Bledsoe.

The guy was always a mediocre QB but that season just really proved to me how lame he really is. What did it was after they had won the SB, Bledsoe was standing there and Brady came up to him and was screaming "We did it! We won!" and slapping him on the shoulder pads, and Drew looked like he was going to throw up.

The guy is a selfish loser who the players can't stand. That and he hands INTs out like they're candy.

SintonFan
09-11-2006, 01:51 AM

I guarantee you Bledsoe will win us some games on his arm this year..and he will lose us some more.
I disagree on this point. Bledsoe will win more than he will lose. I haven't given up on him at all. Jacksonville might end up 12-4 and Dallas 11-5. Both will make the playoffs...
hopefully the Coyboys will learn how to run block to make it a little easier on Bledsoe.
Romo is good I'm sure, but he's a better 2nd stringer now and unless called on for a big game let's keep him there until he can screw it up too. lol
One game, one loss to a good team? That's never a time for fans to panic. Good post TXbc.
:)

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2006, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Honestly, ever since Tom Brady took over for the Patriots and won the SB I've never been able to stand Drew Bledsoe.

The guy was always a mediocre QB but that season just really proved to me how lame he really is. What did it was after they had won the SB, Bledsoe was standing there and Brady came up to him and was screaming "We did it! We won!" and slapping him on the shoulder pads, and Drew looked like he was going to throw up.

The guy is a selfish loser who the players can't stand. That and he hands INTs out like they're candy.

Well that goes agianst anything Tom Brady ever said about him. He said many times that Bledsoe was the guy who helped him most that first year, that he never had an attitude about what happen...Also remember Brady got hurt in the AFC cham game and it was Bledose that was the qb that got them into the SB...So unless you read it or heard someone say those things, I would not assume the Bledsoe was selfish because of what it looked like he was doing

Drew Bledsoe gets ring the hard way
Big point spread unusual in Super Bowl

By JIMMY GOLEN
Associated Press

NEW ORLEANS -- Drew Bledsoe is the backup quarterback on the Super Bowl champions, and that's just fine with him.

The three-time Pro Bowl selection and former first overall pick in the NFL draft had to settle for cheering his New England Patriots on as they earned a 20-17 victory over the St. Louis Rams on Sunday.

"It feels great," he said on the Superdome field after the game, as a few Patriots fans in No. 11 jerseys chanted his name. "I don't think you can really appreciate what this feels like until you've played a long time in this league, until you've been in this game and lost it."

Bledsoe was drafted by the Patriots in 1993 and started for them ever since. He led them to the Super Bowl also in New Orleans in 1997, but they lost 35-21 to the Green Bay Packers.

After signing a 10-year, $103 million contract last summer that's the richest in NFL history, Bledsoe was injured in Week 2 and out for seven games. Tom Brady took over and led New England from 0-2 to an 11-5 regular-season record, winning the starting job in the process.

Brady helped the Patriots beat Oakland in the playoffs. But he sprained his ankle in the AFC championship game last week, and Bledsoe came on to bring New England back to New Orleans.

But, when the ankle healed, coach Bill Belichick went back to Brady.

"The credit goes to Tom. He's worked hard," said Bledsoe, who himself was credited by his teammates for not making the quarterback controversy a distraction.

"I'll follow what he does for the rest of his career. He's had a great year, and he's made it even better by what has happened" in the Super Bowl.

Brady had passable numbers 16-for-27 for 145 yards and a touchdown but he guided the Patriots to the Rams' 30 to set up Adam Vinatieri's field goal with no time left.

"He said, 'Go win the game. Just drop back and sling it,' " Brady said of his conversation with Bledsoe before the winning drive. "That was nice, coming from him because Drew is as cool as they come."

Bledsoe was among the first to congratulate Brady, the game's MVP, on the sideline.

"He sets the example for me, and I have a tremendous amount of respect for Drew," Brady said. "He's a huge reason why we are where we are right now."

The Patriots are expected to trade Bledsoe in the offseason rather than keep him as a backup. Belichick said he has not made any decisions about next season.

"I look forward to my future," Bledsoe said. "I still want to play, and I feel like I can play this game at a very high level."

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2006, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I disagree on this point. Bledsoe will win more than he will lose. I haven't given up on him at all. Jacksonville might end up 12-4 and Dallas 11-5. Both will make the playoffs...
hopefully the Coyboys will learn how to pass block to make it a little easier on Bledsoe.
Romo is good I'm sure, but he's a better 2nd stringer now and unless called on for a big game let's keep him there until he can screw it up too. lol
One game, one loss to a good team? That's never a time for fans to panic. Good post TXbc.
:)

You took my comment about him losing us more games wrong..i did not mean he would lose us more games than win us over the season..i meant there will be other games that he has bad games and loses.

I had the Boys at 11-5 this year and this how I broke it down by schedule

Sun 9/10 at Jacksonville L
Sun 9/17 Washington W
bye
Sun 10/1 at Tennessee W
Sun 10/8 at Philadelphia W
Sun 10/15 Houston W
Mon 10/23 NY Giants W
Sun 10/29 at Carolina L
Sun 11/5 at Washington L
Sun 11/12 at Arizona W
Sun 11/19 Indianapolis L
Thu 11/23 Tampa Bay W
Sun 12/3 at NY Giants L
Sun 12/10 New Orleans W
Sat 12/16 at Atlanta W
Mon 12/25 Philadelphia W
Sun 12/31 Detroit W

SintonFan
09-11-2006, 03:11 AM
You took my comment about him losing us more games wrong..i did not mean he would lose us more games than win us over the season..i meant there will be other games that he has bad games and loses.

I had the Boys at 11-5 this year and this how I broke it down by schedule

Sun 9/10 at Jacksonville L
Sun 9/17 Washington W
bye
Sun 10/1 at Tennessee W
Sun 10/8 at Philadelphia W
Sun 10/15 Houston W
Mon 10/23 NY Giants W
Sun 10/29 at Carolina L
Sun 11/5 at Washington L
Sun 11/12 at Arizona W
Sun 11/19 Indianapolis L
Thu 11/23 Tampa Bay W
Sun 12/3 at NY Giants L
Sun 12/10 New Orleans W
Sat 12/16 at Atlanta W
Mon 12/25 Philadelphia W
Sun 12/31 Detroit W
lol
Looks good to me.:)
This loss will light a fire under some of those Boys won't it?;)