PDA

View Full Version : 9/11/01 -- Never Forget

Administrator
09-10-2006, 04:38 PM
...Flash Movie Below...

quality=high width=650 height=375 parameter=parameter_value

carter08
09-10-2006, 04:40 PM
9/11 was an atrocity. Lives thrown around like nothing. Why can't we all get along and live in harmony

shankbear
09-10-2006, 04:40 PM
Thank you Mr. Admin. We must always be vigilent. One nation under God.

sinton66
09-10-2006, 06:25 PM
Wow, thanks, Matt. That was great. We should all fly the flag on 9/11. If nothing else, as a sign of unity in our nation.

piratebg
09-10-2006, 10:56 PM
I'll never forget that day. I just saw United 93 on Tuesday, and it was a very moving movie. On CNN or the CNN Pipeline(not sure what that is) they are going to start showing all of their footage from that day, in real time at it happened, starting at 8:30am.

pirate44
09-11-2006, 06:25 AM
great movie:clap:

i know not many people want to remember tragedy, but in this case, we cant afford to forget it. here is a link to a website of a radio program i listen to as it was on sept. 11, 2001.

Glenn Beck 9-11-01 (http://www.glennbeck.com/traggic/)

pics of the tragedy, palestinians celebrating and other links (a lot of links are old and the pages are no longer existant.)

i tend to wonder if 9-11 will ever be a government "holiday". maybe called "rescuer's day" or something of that nature in honor of our countries police forces, fire departments, ems personell, military, etc., who give of themselves for others. its just something thats been going through my mind for a couple years.

if you are physically able to, id suggest maybe a blood donation today. 10-14-06 is my next elible donation date, but for those who can, maybe today would be a good day for it.

Paratrooper
09-11-2006, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
great movie:clap:

i tend to wonder if 9-11 will ever be a government "holiday". maybe called "rescuer's day" or something of that nature in honor of our countries police forces, fire departments, ems personell, military, etc., who give of themselves for others. its just something thats been going through my mind for a couple years.

I agree that they should have a day for the sacrifices of our police, fire, and ems. We (the military) already have our day. (veterans day) However, there is not to the best of my knowledge something to acknowledge the police, fire, and ems. They do a hard job and do it with pride and professionalism everyday.

CHS_CG
09-11-2006, 08:06 AM
Great movie. Thanks matt! Seriously even if you dont agree with what our leaders are doing we should all remember we are all apart of this country and we need to support each other and remember that United we stand, but divided we fall.

EricDraven
09-11-2006, 10:40 AM
Never forget.

TheDOCTORdre
09-11-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
remember that United we stand, but together we do fall.
????? together we fall?????

sinton66
09-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
????? together we fall?????

I guess T is planning something drastic and intends to take us with her. :D

loyalleopard
09-11-2006, 10:43 PM
AWESOME, BABY, AWESOME!!!!!!

Sinton94
09-12-2006, 12:20 PM
AWESOME!

I still remember how sad and angry I felt that day! A feeling I will never forget as I long as I live!

GOD BLESS THE USA!

luvhoops34
09-10-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

I know what she meant! It's ok Talena!:D

CHS_CG
09-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

if I am goin down so are the rest of yall!:devil: :evillol:

buff4life
09-10-2007, 04:12 PM
GOD BLESS AMERICA and all she stands for

Old Tiger
09-11-2007, 02:44 AM
Sad indeed but you can't live in the past.

Highschoolfan78
09-11-2007, 11:29 AM
I wrote this about 6 years ago and I send it every year to remind people to remember those that passed at ground zero. In the midst of today's conspiracy theories and speculations, it is important that we not allow ourselves to forget the innocent, the brave, and the unfortunate. Despite the time compiled between 9/11/01 and today, we must reflect on the families with empty chairs at dinner. We must celebrate the lives of the police officers, firefighters, and paramedics that were lost in their heroic attempts to save the innocent. My friends, we must solidify our nation on this very day in remembrance of our nations' most vulnerable day.
-Neal

Sept. 11th

Good morning today is September 11th,
that’s what the radio said,
not knowing 3 hours from now 5,000 would be dead,
The radio was cheerful just like everyday,
but little did we know it would turn twisted in a tremendous way.
A plane hit one of the towers and put the world in shock,
you could hear the boom from blocks and blocks,
debris went flying in all directions,
people running in the street to find protection,
the people were helpless as the building was in flames,
Fire fighters were running for people calling their names,
The 1st building collapsed and people were amazed,
all they could do was stand back at the glaze,
A 2nd plane hit the south tower,
this happened in the next few hours,
Fire fighters, Medical, and helpless work people,
all were lost but met at the steeple,
now they are in the Lords hands,
the firefighters were admired as heroes by millions of fans.
When I heard the news in school that day,
I looked out the window and thought there was no way,
“This couldn’t be happening, this can’t be real,
how can innocent thousands be killed?????”
This cowardly act should put the terrorists to shame,
they were the ones who put people in flames,
All I could think that night was why,
for weeks all I heard were people’s cries,
Well I hope you terrorists are happy about this,
Those people lost we will always miss,
you took their lives for stupid a cause,
now you had our country in pause,
But you did not get the best of us,
We stand tall in God we TRUST!!!
This disaster brought us closer together,
Let’s hope it stays like this forever,
Our country was together when we cried,
Now all we have is the GREAT AMERICAN PRIDE.

God Bless The U.S.
R.I.P. victims of 9/11
you will never be forgotten

sinton66
09-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Someday, I hope the terrorists have to repeat that great line from the Yakimoto character in Tora!Tora!Tora!

"i'm afraid all we have done is awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Administrator
09-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Reopened.

Necks_Fan
09-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
GOD BLESS AMERICA and all she stands for I couldn't have said it better myself.

wimbo_pro
09-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Sad indeed but you can't live in the past.

huh?? Before I go off, I want to be sure I understand your point.

Old Tiger
09-10-2008, 06:49 PM
How can we ever progress forward if we keep living in the past?

Highschoolfan78
09-10-2008, 06:51 PM
is there anywhere I can download this video? I would like to show it to my class this coming week due to missing the actual 9/11 day. If you could send me in the right direction, I will be grateful.

wimbo_pro
09-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
How can we ever progress forward if we keep living in the past?

There is a difference in "living in the past" and remembering the evil that exists out there...people who want you and me and our children DEAD. And to remember the true meaning of 9/11, you must remember the pain.

He who forgets history is doomed to relive it. There is truth in this old adage.

How would you suggest we remember this event?

charlesrixey
09-10-2008, 08:12 PM
god bless america

the reason i now fight for it

amazing how many have already forgotten--and how the media doesn't play the video anymore

wimbo_pro
09-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
god bless america

the reason i now fight for it

amazing how many have already forgotten--and how the media doesn't play the video anymore

Good on you, Charlesrixey. Good on you.

charlesrixey
09-10-2008, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Good on you, Charlesrixey. Good on you.

if you felt like i felt that day in college, standing around the student lounge with a growing crowd and watching a plane fly into the twin towers and them falling, all in real time, it should come as no surprise

to have gone through that, and then hear some people denigrate america and what we have done in response is amazing

to have seen iraq completely change from an enemy into an ally, and afghanistan still struggling against these hideous, truly evil men, and to have actually stood there as iraqi citizens looked me in the eye on their way to work the polling booths (and not all of them coming back) and waving their ink-stained fingers proudly with a 90% voter turnout in ANBAR province-no words

i don't care about the politics of it-i just want to see those pictures again (this is the one thing they should never edit on tv)

i want my kids to see those pictures, for the rest of their lives

they've never been in a world without september 11

i don't want them to ever feel the way i felt that day

wimbo_pro
09-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Well said...very well said. My vote for post of the year.

waterboy
09-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Awesome! Well done, administrator! Believe me, I haven't, nor ever will, forget what happened that day. It's permanently etched into my memory. De Liberalas' can try and forget, but not this old country boy! I want my country to remember what happened that day, and not lose it's resolve to combat those sickos who are gonna continue to try and kill my fellow Americans! God bless the U.S.A!

BobcatBenny
09-11-2008, 11:50 AM
I remember.

waterboy
09-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
if you felt like i felt that day in college, standing around the student lounge with a growing crowd and watching a plane fly into the twin towers and them falling, all in real time, it should come as no surprise

to have gone through that, and then hear some people denigrate america and what we have done in response is amazing

to have seen iraq completely change from an enemy into an ally, and afghanistan still struggling against these hideous, truly evil men, and to have actually stood there as iraqi citizens looked me in the eye on their way to work the polling booths (and not all of them coming back) and waving their ink-stained fingers proudly with a 90% voter turnout in ANBAR province-no words

i don't care about the politics of it-i just want to see those pictures again (this is the one thing they should never edit on tv)

i want my kids to see those pictures, for the rest of their lives

they've never been in a world without september 11

i don't want them to ever feel the way i felt that day
:clap: :clap: :clap: Well said, charlerixey! Exactly the way I feel about it!

JR2004
09-11-2008, 02:29 PM
That day will never, ever be forgotten. I was walking into the library at SAGU that morning and saw it on the TV. I was shocked just like everyone else. We had a chapel service everyday at 11am, but that one was probably the saddest one I ever went to while I was there.

Later I became angry when I saw Palestinians dancing in the streets celebrating the towers falling. I'm glad our military is over in Iraq and Afghanistan doing the great job that it continues to do in ridding the world of the absolutely worthless human beings who continue to terrorize and kill people.

bobcat1
09-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
That day will never, ever be forgotten. I was walking into the library at SAGU that morning and saw it on the TV. I was shocked just like everyone else. We had a chapel service everyday at 11am, but that one was probably the saddest one I ever went to while I was there.

Later I became angry when I saw Palestinians dancing in the streets celebrating the towers falling. I'm glad our military is over in Iraq and Afghanistan doing the great job that it continues to do in ridding the world of the absolutely worthless human beings who continue to terrorize and kill people.

Again I agree with JR2004. Never ever will I forget the cowardly thugs who killed innocent people for nothing. I would like my 5 minutes with each and every one of them just once.

bandera7
09-14-2008, 02:42 AM
I will never forget for a very personal reason. I was in the 6th grade. I remember my teacher running in, with a tear coming down, and saying that a plane had flown into a world trade center tower.

My dad was in the air at the time, on his way to Milwaukee from San Antonio or Houston or something like that. I didnt understand it was from the east coast. All I remember thinking was a plane flew into the world trade center, and my dad was on a plane as of this morning. Never in my life have I been so afraid.

That day will never be erased out of my memory. I remember thinking, after what seemed like forever waiting and finally finding out my dad was ok, that some kids didnt get this reassurance. That their dads werent ok. God bless America and the families of those lost. And now, in a time when people really are forgetting about this the other 364 days of the year, I feel it is more important than ever for me to say, God bless our military and their families.

BobcatBenny
09-08-2009, 03:15 PM
I hope and pray our leadership remembers.

IrishTex
09-08-2009, 03:42 PM
God bless our country...

bless our troops...both over seas and here at home..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwY67LYzH7Q

SHSBulldog00
09-08-2009, 03:54 PM
I didn't even realize about 9-11 being on Friday. Last Night I dreamt about that horrific day and had it play out in my mind.

95mustang
09-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Alot of people don't realize it. The government just made 9-11 a holiday for Fire and Police personnel across the country. The EMS personnel were left off the original draft, but I am understanding they are redoing the draft to include them.

OldBison75
09-09-2009, 08:59 AM
Fist, let me also say thank you to all of those military, fire, police, and EMS personnel all over this country and all over the world. We too often take for granted the sacrifices they and thier families make to keep us safe.

I will never forget that day. I watched in horror and fellow firefighters and citizens of the greatest country in the world were literally slaughtered for no real reason. I felt the pain, anger, and horror for many days after this tragedy. I took heart that our country was not going to sit back and try to negotiate a truce with the thugs, but was going to make them pay. I know, many say that we have sacrificed the lives of too many Americans in this battle, but for those that remember, compare the number of soldier killed in Iraq and Afgahnistan with the number killed in Vietnam. Yes, even one life is too many, but the men and women of our Armed Services know that that is a risk of the service they volunteered to be a part of. AND, I guarantee that most members of the Armed Service will tell you that they believe in the mission.

And, to GO BLUE, I am not living in the past, I am living with the memory of fellow firefighter that went to work that morning and did not come home to thier families and friends. The sam as many police officers, EMS personnel, citizens, and military personnel. If I don't remember these people, they died in vain and no hero deserves that memory.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

95mustang
09-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75

And, to GO BLUE, I am not living in the past, I am living with the memory of fellow firefighter that went to work that morning and did not come home to thier families and friends. The sam as many police officers, EMS personnel, citizens, and military personnel. If I don't remember these people, they died in vain and no hero deserves that memory.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

As I do. I am a Paramedic and I have a long history of public servants in my family. This tragedy hit close to me and my family. I also do not live in the past, but I do remember the scarifices made that day to help the victims of the senseless act. I will always remember and my family will always remember.

To all the public servants and military personnel in this Great Nation you are truely heroes to many.

tigerball4life
09-09-2009, 02:41 PM
GOD BLESS THE USA

Ranger Mom
09-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Just to clarify....Go Blue's post about living in the past was made 2 years ago!

wtfootball
09-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Never ever forget.

SintonFan
09-09-2009, 09:36 PM
I'll never forget!
Thanks for bringing this up again.
:clap: :clap: :) :clap: :clap:

zebrablue2
09-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Great clip and thanks! God bless this country.

Ingleside Fan
09-10-2009, 08:59 AM
First, I remember the loss of American life. I remember the service and the sacrifice of the Public Service sector and Military Service members. I have a heavy heart has I think of that day that the United States of America was attack on our sovereign land.

The one thing I would like for the America people to remember is that the people that attack us hate us and our way of life. They will never stop in their pursuit to destroy our country. We must remain vigilante and on guard to protect and defend our freedom from foreign and domestic enemies. With our open society, the enemy can come here and live amongst the population until it is time to attack. Our democratic republic has been attack and undermined by outside influences for its entire existence. Please take the time to reflect on our Declaration of Independence and Constitution. We might not be going against a King or a depressive government, but we are in a fight for our freedoms. I promise you after seeing the countries I have been deployed to, Americans have the best way of life than anyone else in the world. This is worth saving!

P. S. Don’t let the special interest change the meaning of 911 to a “Day of Service” My parents generation would be spinning in the graves if we try to change December 7th into anything else other than “Pearl Harbor Day”. 911 is our generations “Pearl Harbor Day”! Let’s remember the American lives lost respectfully.

Ranger Mom
09-10-2009, 09:26 AM
This seems like an appropriate thread for this picture:

http://www.sanctuarycities.info/gallery2/d/51-2/Baker_9-11_1.jpg

Buckeye1980
09-10-2009, 01:31 PM
I will never forget, my 40th birthday was tarnished with a memory that sickens me . The main thing that I do wanna remember is how it brought this country together, I only wished that togeetherness could have sustained over time

Ranger Mom
09-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
I will never forget, my 40th birthday was tarnished with a memory that sickens me . The main thing that I do wanna remember is how it brought this country together, I only wished that togeetherness could have sustained over time

I have never been able to remember when my Step-mom's birthday is....but since 9/11/01 it is ingrained into my memory!!!

pancho villa
09-11-2009, 07:28 AM
I put up a flag pole and flag in my front yard after 9/11 and have it up there every day. GOD BLESS AMERICA

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
09-11-2009, 07:46 AM
GOD BLESS AMERICA

LE Dad
09-11-2009, 08:07 AM
God bless all who protect our liberty and freedom. That includes police, fire, and all civil servants who keep our cities free and safe.:clap: :clap:

trojan37
09-11-2009, 08:52 AM
God bless America and never forget.

http://www.bytebakpc.com/9-11Eagle_001.gif

Maroon87
09-11-2009, 09:01 AM
LET FREEDOM RING!!!

UPanIN
09-11-2009, 01:34 PM
God Bless America - The greatest nation in the world

God Bless America - The greatest place to rasie a Famliy

God Bless America - The greatest people in the world