PDA

View Full Version : I need an aggie to fill me in on this tradition...

Bandera YaYa
09-10-2006, 12:32 PM
I was told by a friend who's a prof at A&M, about this thing where students there, try to jump onto a train while it is traveling thru there....anyone know about this??? We were talking about it, cuz it happened recently, and one student was actually killed doing it, his body cut in two, because he missed and fell under the wheels. My friend has been really upset about it, cuz he has preached and preached about the dangers of doing this.....but still they do it. I don't understand this at all. Anyone know more about this thing they do??
:(

Ranger Mom
09-10-2006, 12:47 PM
It seems like someone either posted that article on here, or posted a link to it....I remember reading about it.

Ya know...some traditions are SOOO stupid, they just need to be done away with!!

This is a prime example!!

Gobbla2001
09-10-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Ya know...some traditions are SOOO stupid, they just need to be done away with!!

What else do you expect from that university over there???

jk... sounds very dangerous indeed...

AggieJohn
09-10-2006, 01:12 PM
there is no tradition behind this to my knowledge..i think i knew ever single intricate tradition at that school during my tenure, i just think that it was something macho that the guys were trying to do...

Bandera YaYa
09-10-2006, 01:23 PM
Oh sorry that I missed the previous thread on it. I hadn't heard about it until speaking with my prof friend. Does this train go thru College Station or some where close?? :thinking:

AggieJohn
09-10-2006, 01:24 PM
it goes right next to campus......right next to kyle field even..their are many traditions that involve being at kyle while a train goes by...

Bulldog_12
09-10-2006, 01:41 PM
No tradition involving that here, just stupidity.

slpybear the bullfan
09-10-2006, 01:44 PM
I don't think A&M have cornered the market on this stupidity. You can here about this in anytown where trains pass through. Growing up I heard all about this in Bridgeport. Most of it made up, too.

Bandera YaYa
09-10-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
I don't think A&M have cornered the market on this stupidity. You can here about this in anytown where trains pass through. Growing up I heard all about this in Bridgeport. Most of it made up, too. Oh really? Wow! Well no matter where it's happening, it's deadly! But it's no rumor, unfortunately, in College Station. :(